matter of [p]erspective
300+
[html]

Since the announcement of the disappearance of the king Anann had found herself more or less in charge of the stables. Heath had been stuck at home, tending to his grief stricken mate. She had been helping Heath with the stables for sometime now and so taking over all the daily chores had been easy enough. It took a few hours of her time in the morning and a quick check on things in the evening. The rest of the day was hers.

Most of her time lately had been spent preparing to build her home. A simple log cabin near the stables. She almost had everything ready to stack the logs to make the walls of her home. It had taken up almost all of her spare time in the past month. She was glad to be so close to being able to place to call her own, but she needed a break from the task. She had hardly strayed away from the stables and her little plot of land. Never traveling farther than the hotel. Anann figured it was about time she did a little exploring. As she headed out she noticed the horizon was starting to darken. Surely she would have plenty of time to get back before the rain.

While it would have been quicker to ride Rem to the northern portion of the territory, Anann had decided to walk. Staying in her optime form even though it was slower than her lupus. Despite the coming rain she really felt no hurry. Not used to living so close to the ocean, the golden hued fem did not recognize the roar of the waves crashing into the steep cliffs. The sound puzzling her at first, until the vast ocean came into view. She waked along the coast for awhile. Keeping plenty of distance between herself and the cliff edge. A tall building loomed ahead, it seemed odd and out of place. Having lived inland all her life Anann knew little of lighthouses. She had read plenty of books and been schooled in human history. To her the building appeared to be a silo. Tall buildings the humans had used to store grains for their livestock. But what was one doing clear out here? Suddenly the sky tore loose, sending fat cold drops of water cascading to the earth. Anann ran for the large silo, it was the only shelter in sight. Hopefully there would be a way inside til the rain was over.

<style type="text/css">
.Allifree004 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#a4b4cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Allifree004ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a4b4cd; text-align:right;}
.Allifree004 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Allifree004 {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#717f99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree4-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262602; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#262602; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rintab.png); background-color:#cd3f7e; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: Yay! Finally getting back on track. Catch me on AIM one of these days so I can refresh my memory exactly how we're executing this thread. I remember the basic idea, I just want to make sure I didn't forget anything important!

WC 600+

As usual, Orin had been at the lighthouse pretending she was a carpenter capable of doing the repairs when really she hadn’t the slightest clue what she was doing with the building. It was actually her way of guiltlessly spending more time in her future home before it was officially fit for living. If she said she was taking supplies up, or patching a hole, then it would be okay to be around the lighthouse. But other than that, she was not allowed to live in it until it was deemed a safe, habitable dwelling, which would take a lot of elbow grease (she was overflowing with energy!) and skill (something she lacked). It wasn’t the worst, most dilapidated building in the Cour’s territory. In fact, it was in rather good shape considering what and where it was, but still needed to be made safe before she could spend every day and night in it.

Luckily for Anann, Orin was on one of these such trips to the lighthouse when the fat raindroplets began to batter the ground. The white wolf was inside when she felt a drip fall into one of her day-glo dreadlocks, but she paid it no mind at first. As long as it wasn’t Seagull droppings from the birds that nested in the quarantined lamp house above. . . She turned her eyes upwards and glared towards the locked door. She could hear them shifting and scuttling around up there. . . mocking her. . . Her lip curled back and she growled, and just for a moment considered trying to chase them off (even though she was not to go up there without assistance) when she heard another noise from outside.

This sound caught her interest and took precedence over the persistent seabirds. Really it would do no good to fight them off until she could patch the broken window up there, anyway. Her ears swiveled, and she realized it was raining. Moving to the door, she pulled it back to peer outside, and caught sight of Anann’s golden form. The woman clearly wanted to escape the oncoming storm! Orin opened the door wide and waved her in, “Come in, come in! Hurry, before we both catch our death.”

She ushered Anann inside and closed the door behind her. This first, main room was still dusty, despite Orin’s few attempts at cleaning it up. The furniture was a miasma of décor and appeared to be several rooms melded into one. At some point, this place served many functions; office, dining room, living room, and library, with only two small rooms off to the right for sleeping.

“Sorry,” she grinned sheepishly. “I don’t live here, officially. So I don’t really have much to keep warm with, either. There’s an old blanket, if you don’t mind the smell.” She peeled the blanket off of the couch – at some point it had been a banquet for the moths – frowned at it, then dropped it back down, assuming Anann wouldn’t be that brave. “Well, at least it doesn’t leak very much. Maybe a droplet here or there. You can wait it out with me, if you want. I’m Orin, Orin Takekuro.” She offered a hand. “I don’t think we’ve met? Not officially, anyway, but I may have seen you around. Oh, yes, at the. . . announcement. . . about Jac. I think you were there?” Her voice lost it’s usual flowery tone when she remembered the day Vigilante had announced that Jac was officially missing, and that there would be no search party. To remember it broke her heart anew.

©table code and image to jacoby: For Orin

[/html]
300+[html]

Sorry I've been kinda slow trying to get caught up from my vacation x.x

The weather had moved in much quicker than Anann had expected. She hadn't even began to think of head home from her explorations before the bottom had fallen out of the clouds. Dousing her with their cold, fat rain drops. She cursed herself as she darted for the looming structure, for her carelessness at get stranded in a storm this far from any known shelter. It was a lesson she would not be forgetting anytime soon. Especially if she wasn't able to get inside the silo look building ahead.

It was an great relief when Anann saw a door come open before she had even gotten to the building. A wolfen form standing in the door. Anann could tell the other was hollering but that was only because she saw her mouth move between the rain and the waves Anann couldn't hear a word. Since she was still on pack lands she could only hope and assume the other attempting to hasten her pace and usher her in and out of the weather. Knowing the shelter was only yards away now Anann ran as hard as she could on two legs. Doing her best not to barrel over whoever was holding the door open for her.

Thank you. Thank you very much I was half afraid I was going to be stuck out there. Anann managed through her panting once she was inside and the door securely closed behind her. She resisted the strong urge to shake herself. While it might help her dry it certainly wasn't going to help anyone or anything else in the room. The room itself held all sorts of furniture. Anann had expect the build to be rather hollow and empty but it appeared there were several floors and it had obviously been inhabited at some -or several- point in time.

Anann did not want to be rude especially since she was quite grateful for the woman's hospitality but she could not help but eye the blanket that was offered. It seemed it was more dust than cloth and she did not like the idea of mudding up her fur. Wet was bad enough. Though it seemed the hostess had the same opinion as it was discarded to the floor without a word. Its alright, at least I'm not getting rained on still. Anann shuffled the moth eaten blanket under her feet, the least it could do was soak up the puddle she was creating. Nice to meet you Orin, I assume you're Niro's sister? She asked extending her own wet hand to shake Orin's. I'm Anann. Anann couldn't help but notice in her tone as the subject touched on the absent collie king. Ah, yes I remember seeing you there, now that you mention it. She had seemed the most upset over his disappearance. Aside from Ruri naturally. Did you know him well? You seemed quite upset that day. Anann hadn't seen the loss of Jac to be significant, his charisma seemed the only leadership quality he had possessed.

<style type="text/css">
.Allifree004 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#a4b4cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Allifree004ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a4b4cd; text-align:right;}
.Allifree004 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Allifree004 {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#717f99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree4-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262602; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#262602; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]