Back from her long trip
[html]

Her brow quirked at the dark brown, nearly black wolf before her. "Is that a Challenge?" A slick smile forms on her muzzle as she watches him curiously. Still giving him that 'are you challenging me' look. Oh, she would annoy him, eventually, she was sure of it. Everyone became short-tempered to her at some point. He was quite the wolf, he was so silly. Letting out a defiant sigh she looked in the same direction he was, then to the sky which was turning dark. Where had the time gone? It was nearing sunset when she got back, but now the sun had set, and the sky was becoming a hue of many colors, fading to dark blue to black sky. Her eyes looked down to the stone porch steps, then glanced back over to him

It had seemed for a moment he began to frown-what was that about? She didn't know, she was really naive to his feelings, well, not so much naive, but in denial. She convinced herself many times that he didn't feel the way she did, and that he was just being kind, friendly. Her eyes looked away only to look back to the sky again as the stars really came into view. Her tail wagged lightly behind her as she saw the crescent moon. A smile broadened on her muzzle. The night light always reflected in her eyes making them look like sapphires, or like an explosion of blue hues, however one wanted to see it. Her ears perked and swiveled forward as he spoke, "...yeah...it is.." Her voice was nearly a soft whisper that seemed preoccupied in her own thoughts. She was nearly lost in the sky. Truth be told, she loved the stars and the moon. It was when her mind would clear and all she could see were constellations and the moon. Her tail continued it slow graceful wag. Nothing could tear her vision from the stars...except Domonick--maybe.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Domonick stifled a laugh, he usually never got annoyed by anyone, he didn't know why, but for someone to annoy him, it would take a whole lot, and she didn't seem like to kind who would ever even be able to come close to even ticking him off. He broke his gaze, the gaze he often fell into, just staring off into space, looking at nothing, gazing past the physical, and looked up at her, "A challenge? If you want to step up and try, be my guest." he stuck out his tongue in a childish gesture.

He ran his hand through his hair and scratched his ear, he let out a sigh, looked up at the sky and then took a deep breathe of air, he loved the way things were. He was comfortable, content, no, it was more than just content, he was actually happy, very happy. Surrounded by people that he could call his friends. He blinked several times at this thought, Friends, it feels great to say that again. Should I..ask? this thought ran through his head several times. He wondered if Adonia felt the same way he felt, he wanted to say something, to give some small hint, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He started to say something, but he cut himself off. Every time he started to even talk, he couldn't seem to open his mouth at all, get his voice to surface. He finally took a deep breathe and looked up at Adonia, "Hey Adonia, I was just wondering something."

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Her eyes looked away from the stars for a second as he said he word challenge, her eyes sparked with mischief, "Oh, I will step up, when you least expect it, I will ninja annoyance upon you!" She then stuck out her tongue in an even more childish manner, then giggled lightly. Her eyes open after her tongue goes back into her muzzle and they meet his as she continues to smile. Another light giggle and her eyes go back to the darkening skies with their bright little twinkling lights. A small sigh comes out, but not of tiredness or boredom, but of happiness. Her ears lightly fold back as those sapphire like eyes of hers watch the sky as if waiting for something to happen. A shooting star perhaps, or to find something like a red star, or blue star, or something different.

Her eyes glance over as her ears perk hearing his questioning tone and words. She didn't turn her head to him, her her eyes. Her one arm went to rest on one knee as the other was used to prop up her head. "Mmm?" She hummed in a light curious tone. She was curious of what he had to say, and she hadn't suspected anything emotional or anything really. Her mind tended to take one thing at a time, granted she hoped for many things, but tried to not expect a thing. It was hard to do, but she typically pulled it off with grace.

<style>
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Whoooo look who has her groove back! ^-^ . So sorry for this length :/

Domonick stifled a chuckle, "I guess I'm gonna have to be on my toes then won't I?" He took a ragged breathe, he felt scared, nervous. He wanted to ask Adonia if she felt the way he did, but he didn't want to ruin anything. A friendship. He felt close to her, closer to anyone else in the pack.

He let put a sigh and looked up at the sky, taking a deep breathe. "I was wondering, if someone felt something for someone else, but that person couldn't tell someone, because they were scared of ruining a friendship, what should that person do?" He let out a nervous chuckle and scratched his head again, "I-I-I mean just saying, I'm just wondering."

He let out a small sigh and looked at the ground, Domonick, you idiot. She is going to think you are completely stupid. He rubbed his head and looked up at the sky again, sighing. He glanced at Adonia, scared of what her reaction would be.

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Her head had turned as he began his nervous chatter. Her ears went back halfway as she listened intently to his words, her eyes narrowed in confusion as her lids squinted, "...what?" She exclaimed not quite getting it, "Hold on...you're wondering if someone felt something for someone?...Okay, why don't you go ask that someone, but first you have to tell them what something you're wondering about or they will be as confused as me." She laughs. She didn't understand what he was talking about, he was being sillier than usual, that was for sure.

She laughed lightly turning her head back at the stars, "I don't know what your being nervous about, are you the one interested in this someone?" Her eyes glanced over to him, she wondered just who it would be, "Is it Poniac?" She asked casually. She didn't know anyone else that he would have talked to other than her, however, she didn't know many of the other Phoenix Valley members though.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Domonick's faced burned from embarrassment, his ears laid flat against his head. "Yeah..I'm..just wondering if this said person should tell someone they are interested in them." he continued staring at the ground. The feeling of embarrassment, nervousness growing stronger. He moved his through the fur on his head, smiling slightly.

He let out a small chuckle, Yeah, I guess I am." He sighed. When Adonia mentioned Pontiac's name, he laughed nervously, "No, no, no, no! I mean, she is a friend, but not like that. It's..." his voice trailed off. He took in a ragged breathe and let out another sigh, looking up at the sky. Should I say it? Do it Domonick, just do it. If she says anything, play it off as a small joke? Would she buy that?

Domonick's hands shook slightly. He took another deep breathe. He looked up at Adonia cautiously, "I..well..the..I like.." he trailed off, knowing he was sounding like a complete fool. "You." he added under his breathe, looking down at the ground, twiddling his thumbs together, his face burning intensely.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Her ears flicked forward intently when it was confirmed that he was this someone, however, he was still dancing about it. It wasn't Pontiac, he made that clear, but she couldn't help but smile more amused with his behavior. Suddenly, she felt a little nervous as he turned his attention more to her, then she was beginning to think more. Was it her? He seems awfully nervous...very nervous. She hadn't told anyone her interest in Domonick, she tried to hide it, and maybe she did a really good job at it, she wasn't sure. Then she shot it out of her mind, her eyes turning away from him as they narrowed in an unsure, almost annoyed look. Her annoyed look was not toward him, but herself. It was then he began to stutter.

Her eyes trailed back to him near the end of his stutter, it made her eyes widen and one brow lifted curiously. "You are-" then she was cut off by his 'YOU'. Her ears flicked up and forward in shock, as her eyes widened. Her arm fell making her head fall suddenly, but she picked it back up as she continued to be in shock. Her heart had stopped and so had her breathing for a second. "Are....Are you sure?" She finally blinked as her heart began to beat once more as did her breathing. She gulped, "I mean-uh...not that I don't like you, I-I just want to make sure I heard you right...." Her hands had gone up waving them in a gesture saying that she was not saying that she didn't like him, no she absolutely liked him. Adonia never been in a relationship before, and well, her mind was racing now, and now she was the nervous one of the group. She continued to stare at him in that shocked wide-eyed manner. If this was true, if he did like her-well of course he liked her, "...are we talking, like liking as in friends...or like as in attracted to in a non-friend manner..like-I-arg! I mean-I" Her whole muzzle was going red, and even her black nose seemed to be going a little pink. She was getting tongue tied and her gaze tore away as she was so flustered and confused, and nervous, and shy, and--the emotions were going crazy as the tension on the porch had rose 20 degrees in a matter of one word.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: And so it begins?

Domonick's face was burning, he never thought he could feel this embarrassed and nervous. He took a heavy breathe and smiled awkwardly. He quickly looked up at Adonia, his ears perked up, "I..yes, yes I'm sure. I've kinda..remember when we first met?" he swallowed and chuckled, "Every since then I kinda...felt something for you. I didn't want to say anything because...well I didn't want to seem a fool, like I probably seem right now." his ears laid back slightly, he looked at the ground, smiling slightly to himself.

I know that I may not the greatest wolf here, but I..well I can't think of a reason to argue on my side." he scratched his head nervously. You messed up Domonick, she is gonna think that you are a complete idiot. His face continued to burn. He felt stupid, hoping that she would return his feelings, but he honestly felt like she wouldn't. He couldn't think of a single reason she should, there were better wolves in the pack from her to choose from, plenty of others. Nothing singled him out from the rest, nothing that made him stand out among a crowd, he was just another average wolf in his eyes.

He looked up at Adonia, his ears perked just slightly. "I'm-I'm sorry if that was stupid of me to say, I just...I just wanted to tell you..just tell you that I liked you..as..more than just a friend.." he looked away to the sky, his ears laid flat against his head.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It begins...and now we need to get your other character to stir up trouble Wink

She looked down to her knees listening to him confirm his words. Her ears were flat back as she listened to him go on about when they first met. She remembered traveling through the woods only to be stopped by him and Pontiac, then going to the barn...she noticed him but didn't allow her mind to think about him. She didn't know he even really notice her other than chitchat. However, their second meeting...that she recalled and that she loved the most was being leaped over or was it her that leaped over him...she couldn't remember. Her eyes glance over, "I...I remember.." She didn't know what to think when he said he wasn't the greatest wolf...no wolf would ever be the greatest because there would always be a wolf to top that other wolf. Perfection was nonexistent and Adonia never searched for perfection.

She merely laughed lightly at his words. "...what do you mean argue for your side? You shouldn't have to convince anyone of anything..." Her blue shaded eyes looked over to him, "...kind of funny...I didn't think you thought of me like that...honestly, it's kind of hard for me to believe it. Maybe it is my confidence...but-well, if your looking for me to reciprocate your feelings well...." Her eyes looked away in mid sentence only to return and look into his weary nervous eyes. She wanted to watch him squirm a little just to know for a fact his feelings were true, "...I do..I like you a lot." She smiled a sheepish smile nose once more going pink again.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Oh dear god, this post sucks so much ;-; I'm sorry for it being so short.

Domonick's ears perked up instantly, a smile on his face. A small knot in his stomach still hung there, but not because of nerves, well not fully, but rather of happiness. He looked at Adonia, "I-I, I've never gotten this far in my head." he chuckled nervously, "I mean, I thought you would say no. This, wow." He smiled the same smile, his breathing under control again, his ears still perked. The burning was slightly starting to fade from his nose.

His tail wagged, his eyes brightened up as he continued to l
ook at Adonia, "I'm surprised that you returned my feelings. I really never thought that you would say yes. It's..great. Domonick scratched his head and chuckled. I guess Jefferson was right, I'm predictable. he thought to himself. He let out a small laugh, "At the barn, when Jefferson said that he..well you remember, I guess he was right, I wonder what he would have to say about this?"

Domonick looked up at the stars, a smile still plastered on his face, "You know, I never thought that Phoenix Valley would be the place to find someone." he added under his breath, "A place of rebirth I guess."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She blushed at his words, her ears nonvisible by how pinned they were to her skull, her hands clung to the porch as her muzzle pointed to the ground. Her eyes revealing how bashful she was in this situation. It was sort of unclear to her what would happen with them now. They weren't mates yet, that she was not ready for, but she certainly liked him a lot. She knew it was not love yet, but certainly a strong attraction to him. Her head turned to him as he continued to ramble on. She didn't realize he was this surprised, it was actually as surprised as she was but she was not speaking it. Honestly it was amusing to her as he looked mind blown there sitting next to her.

Her eyes turned away from him when he spoke of Jefferson and she shrugged to his question. She wouldn't know, but how does Jefferson take to others being attracted to one another. She remembered stories of how wolves used to do it. Only leaders could mate, and no member's of the pack could. Her father was allowed to because he was next in line to be leader, but that was taken when he mated her mother who betrayed him. Her eyes looked back to Domonick. She wondered if it would be like how her father said it would be. Would she be courted? Oh that was stupid and old fashioned, maybe they would spend more time together and go out together. She wasn't sure how all this worked. The young female was very sheltered to say the least. It wasn't until her father's new mate. She made her go out into the world blindfolded basically. Adonia remained quiet now being really shy now that her feelings had been put out there.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Domonick smiled, his ears flicked, his tail wagged behind him. He sighed and heaved himself off of the ground, stretching, while looking up at the sky. He let out a yawn, covering his muzzle. He couldn't believe what this day had become, he felt great, excited, nervous, happy, all at once.

The day was catching up to him though, his eye lids were becoming heavy. He let out another smile and looked at Adonia, "It's getting so late, it's starting to become early," he chuckled, "I guess that I should be going home. I'm really happy that I told you how I...how I felt." He scratched his head in that nervous habit he had. "Also, thank you very much for the picture, I will cherish it." He thought about his place, I'm gonna fix it up, make it a little bit nicer. He grinned that sheepish grin of his, and chuckled, "Let's get together again soon, it will be fun."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Her eyes watched him as he stood and stretched. With her feelings out, she was now feeling shy and nervous. She knew he seemed to share her feelings, but now she was almost scared of ruining them, or something bad happening or, or, she didn't know but from everything she had been around in her life, and from everything that has happened to others, she was now scared something would go wrong. This would be something she would hide, but she would do her best not to ruin anything. Her ears, which were back, now flicked forward listening to what he was saying and she smiled, "You're welcome." A bigger smile came to her.

Her eyes looked to the horizon as she noticed a small shine of light, "Well...how about tomorrow, as it is 'tomorrow' already, but the next day? If you would like, we can go to that city I found the picture? A good travel, and some fun exploring?" Her bi-colored eyes looked into his with a gentle manner about them as her head tilted to the right a little, a small smile on her muzzle. Her hands gripped the edge of the porch floor as her legs pressed together at the knees. Then after a few seconds her head tilted down in a shy manner, tongue came out to lick her nose then brought in her top lip with it to nibble on it in a nervous mannerism.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Domonick smiled, "That sounds fantastic, I'm sure it will be really fun." He walked to Adonia and bent over, giving her a hug. He stood straight up and laughed nervously, "Sorry about that, been wanting to do that for awhile." with that he turned around and headed into the trees. He stopped and sighed, the smile still on his face.

"I want you to know that I'm not kidding when I say this," he paused and looked up at the sky, before turned slightly to look at Adonia, "You are a very special wolf." he gave a small wink and turned back around, stepping into the forest. He started trotting into the woods, to his house. He was still chuckling and smiling to himself. He was proud of himself, he was still nervous, but happy that he admitted his feelings to Adonia, he didn't have to worry about it anymore, but he had something else to worry about now. He had to make sure he didn't mess things up, he didn't want to do anything stupid. He tucked the painting close to him. He finally reached his "house", he opened the door and looked around, found an old rusted nail still in the wall, he perched the picture up and smiled. "Perfect." he stepped outside and looked up at the sky, letting out a loud howl.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Her eyes looked up hearing him agree to go with her to Halifax, her tail began to wag and the spark of joy glimmered in her eyes while the big grin could not be hidden. It was then that he leaned over and gave her a hug, it took her by surprise, but she was glad to return it. It made butterflies in her stomach and it felt good to have the contact. She blushed a little as he withdrew and apologized, she giggled, "...no-no, it was fine!" She once more licked her nose and bit on her top lip a little looking down feeling even more shy now. Her eyes looked up as he once more spoke, only to make her blush more, "Thank you...I feel the same" She realized how that sounded "-I mean about you!" She hid her head in her lower thigh feeling completely stupid as he walked away.

She sat there for a moment before she remember that she should go take care of the horses. Either way, she was completely happy about everything, despite her small words of stupidity.

<style>
</style>[/html]