building houses out of matchsticks
[html]

OOC: Shattered Coast, by CdM borders. Big GrinDD

------------------------------------------------------------

Cassius never bothered to wander past any borders that weren't Inferni's. he had already made a huge step (literally) crossing Inferni's borders to the outside world. He wasn't that much of a risk taker, even when he was at a younger age. He still liked to have fun though, in his own sheltered hermit way of course. He'd make little gadgets and doodads and things of that nature alone in his loft above D'Neville's garage. He just sat there like a kid with no friends everyday. He felt like he never really was friends with anyone in Inferni. They were all a bunch of crazy, bloodthirsy 'yotes and hybrids (and a 'yote named Hybrid). He was a geeky wimp who had nothing in common with any other members. He definitely wasn't as sinister as most of the other members anyway.

Today, he found himself outside again, by the beach, in neutral territory of course. His flannel flapped in an ocean breeze as he kicked some rocks in the sands. he was definitely bored to death. The rain had cleared up for a while, but the sun did not spread its brightness, as the gloomy clouds covered it. Cass looked up with a frown. The sun would have been a nice cheer-up for him, but alas he would not get any. He scratched his head and flipped his hair to the side. Some company would have been really nice right now.

Word Count: 200

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
ooc: hurrah! Big Grin

Today, as with most days, Caillen had found himself at a loss of things to do. I mean, it wasn't as if Cour des Miracles was boring - they had their ups, their downs, their bickerings and peacemakings. But sitting at home, alone, in that creaking of Chien Hotel, was NOBODIES idea of fun, right?

So anyway, there was clearly no other option but to do some exploring. His huge footpaws crunched merrily on the leaf-litter underfoot as the tall slate Optime headed to one of his favorite places, the beach. Already, the delectable salty scent of the ocean was lulling him on the breeze, and a merry smile had split his charming face with flashes of large white teeth. For all purposes, Caillen looked like a predator. He LOOKED like a warrior, a handsome soldier, a hulking mass of muscle. But the adolescent was anything but; His clumsiness and awkwardness were almost legendary to those whom had made his acquaintance, and his fighting skills were anything but. Caillen could aim to punch the ground and miss. It truly was a humorous talent of his.

The crash of the waves echoed in his one floppy hark as the youth approached the Shatter Coast beaches, and his step lifted slightly in anticipation. It was not until there was sand underpaw that the wolfdog noticed he was not alone. The sea breeze carried another scent, sharp and male, across to his eagerly twitching jet nose. Immediately, owlish eyes of brilliant sky blue scanned the dunes - Over there, over there! A dark figure that appeared not to notice his arrival. Was that a friend? A member of the pack? With an innocent grin on his maw, Caillen waves his hands over his head, and shouted up the beach:

" Hey! Hey you! Hellooooo?!"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Big GrinDDD

Cassius didn't know it yet, but he wasn't alone anymore. An adolescent was lurking just out of his sight. When the kid actually called out to him, he didn't expect it at all. He had been too distracted by the waves, the beach, and being bored. Boredom took up quite a bit of Cass' thinking space up in that big noggin of his. He was smart, sure, but he wasn't exactly the smartest. He jumped and spun around, surprised to hear some sort of voice coming from nowhere. "SuhWEEEET mother of Jesus! Now who'd been callin' out to me here? We got'sa ninja up o'er hur?" he called back to the voice, still looking for where the owner sat.

He peeked around and a smallish figure came into his sights. He seemed like a kid, but just bigger. Not like Mhkai, the annoying Lykoi, but sort of like Halo's height, but this was a male. He noticed a raggy looking scarf around his neck and his waving arm, so he assumed he was a friendly. "Well, howdy! I din't see y'all o'er theres," he noted shyly, rubbing the back of his head. "I reckon y'all scared me a l'il bit, but I'mma be fine. Y'know, I cin take it." He smiled at the kid and held out a hand for a traditional human handshake. "I ain't seen y'all a'fore. Name's Cassius Arphalos, but y'all can just call me Cass, I s'pose. What's yer name, kid?"

Word Count: 200+

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
ooc: X3

The dark figure spun around at his cry of greeting, and Caillen faltered slightly, his ivory hand dropping back down to his side as a strange voice rang out over the dunes. dark navy ears flicked back at the youth's brows rose in surprise - What a STRANGE voice this man had! And him, a ninja?

" I W-W-WISH, sir!"

Caillen called back as the other finally caught sight of him. The slate wolfdog's voice only trembled slightly with that stutter he'd been working so hard to get rid of, which pleased him. Having forgotten his initial hesitance, the not-yet-a-man wolfdog scrambled up towards the other, smiling merrily all the while. As he got nearer, it became obvious that this other fellow was not from his pack, nor of any other pack he had smelt before. When they were close enough for conversation, the other male spoke up, his own tone sheepish now as if ashamed by his initial fright. Caillen's owlish sky-blue eyes widened as he drank in the other's appearance. Why, this was not a wolf at all! It must be... But no, he couldn't be a 'yote, he just seemed so... Not... Angry. The wolfdog blinked in confusion.

" Yes, sir... Sorry, sir."

If there was one thing Caillen did well, it was manners. He'd had them drilled into him since he could speak! Alaine was very strict about making a humble first impression, and as such, the title of respect came naturally to the teen without any thought over the matter. When the other held out his hand, Caillen beamed, and shook it vigorously... Perhaps squeezing the other's hand a little too hard. Despite their age differences, Cai was just about the same height as the other, and his frame overflowed with strength he wasn't quite aware of.

" Pleased to meet you, Mr Cass, Sir! Caillen Winters, explorer extraordinaire, at your service!"

His enthusiasm was brimming, distracted only when the wind caught in his scarf and he had to release the other's hand to wrap it about his neck once more. Then, with innocent thoughtfulness, the adolescent peered at the man inquisitively once more.

" I say, Sir, you are a funny-looking sort. What exactly are you?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Omg i love him already <333 WANT Cass is probably scaring him though. Normally he has the D: face

The other in his presence was in fact a kid, a wolf-dog to be much more specific. He was probably from a nearby pack, which didn't surprise Cassius much. He seemed just as friendly as he was, and that made Cassius even more boisterous than he was already. "WELL!" he shouted back to the child. Of course anyone would want to be a ninja. "I dun blame y'all, good sir!" Cassius finished. He was going to have so much fun today. The child seemed to be confused, and a little shy, but Cass just ruffled the teen's head fur and released a hearty laugh. "Dun 'pologize, son! Y'all did nothin' wrong! Y'all were being excited," he paused grabbing the kid in an one-armed hug. "I like it!" He let go of the poor kid, who was probably freaking out at the fact that a coyote was within ten feet of him and not trying to rip his intestines out already.

As the kid introduced himself, Cass' face contorted into a look of interest. "Well I never," he began, "Thought I'd be meetin' such an explorer as yerself, Sir Caillen! It's an honor!" he chuckled loudly. He liked this kid. After introductions were in order, Cai asked Cass exactly what he was, which seemed obvious to the hybrid, but he decided to give the boy the benefit of the doubt. "Don't worry, y'all cin jus' call me, Cass," he chuckled. "An' as fer me, I'ma coyote, yes -well mostly, I'm part wolf too- BUT," he spoke dramtically, as if telling a story. "I bet y'all're wonderin' why this 'yote from Inferni ain't trying t'rip yer throat out, huh? Well, 'ave I got somethin' t'tell y'all." His face practically lit with excitement. "I ain't yer ordinary 'yote. No no no, I ain't. Y'see, I an't a warrior fer the Inferni folk. I'mma mechanic, son!" he threw his arms up, like it was a big surprise. "Bet, y'all din't expect a big scary 'yote t'be all smart would'ya? Lemme tell, tell y'all I reckon I din't either when I first got here. I'm the only mechanic fer miles it seems. And yer the first explorer I've done seen, so it seems we've got somethin' in common, huh?"

Word Count: 300+*

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
ooc: EEEE, this thread makes me so happy! it's so lighthearted and fun X3

Mr Cass sure was a lot less scared-looking up close. In fact, he was quick to chum up to Caillen, rousing him over the head in a motion so quick and friendly that the young slate youth barked happily, before fussily straightening out his messy golden hair in a mockingly pretentious way. There was no time for that, though, 'cause his enthusiasm seemed to have boiled over into the chocolate-splashed brute, who quickly caught up the young man in a boyish one-armed hug. Grimacing good-naturedly, Caillen quickly took in a lungful of air once he'd been realized. For such a short fellow, Mr Cass had the hug of a bear!

In spite of the other's obvious kindness, Caillen remained a little bit wary. I mean, sure, he seemed quite alright... But what was it his Mama had always said about strangers? Oh, and every time the older brute laughed, he showed rows of sharp little teeth that made Cai flinch on the inside.

This hesitance was quickly forgotten, though, as Cass picked up the bit about him being an explorer. Immediately, a maw-splitting grin spread about his face, arching up high beneath each of those sky blue eyes. He was about to reply with some sort of proud remark about being an 'splorer, but the earth-hued fellow was already leaning forward, a conspirator's grin over his impish face. Caillen did not pause, but leaned in close to the other, his gaze innocently owlish, with not a little bit of awe as the strange man spoke.

Thrilled with the dramatic tone of their conversation, Caillen's face became a picture of sincere interest, his entire little mind devoted to hearing what the 'yote had to say.

" A MECHANIC?" Caillen had absolutely no idea what the word meant, but by golly it sounded impressive! " No way, Mister! I didn't think that 'yotes could be so clever!"

He didn't mean it as an insult, not in the slightest. In fact, this fellow, being the part 'yote that he was, seemed to directly oppose each and every single one of those poisonous stereotypes he'd been fed since he could hear. Why, he didn't look a single bit the night-hunting baby-eating ugly-snarling skeleton-crunching nightmare beast that Caillen had always assumed coyotes to be. At the latter of the older man's words, his smile returned, twice as brilliant as before. Imagine that, him, Caillen, having something in common with a fellow as brilliant as this!

" Yeah, Mister Cass! Yeah, we do!" He laughed, delighted with the prospect, " I suppose you like adventure too, right? I mean, mechanics, they're real... Brave, right?" Absolutely no idea what the word meant. But it didn't matter, because he'd finally found a new friend who he could relate to, and who actually treated him like the adult he was!

" Gee, mister. WHats it like, livin' with a bunch of 'yotes?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: every time i imagine cass talking he becomes a whale XD that or a superpedo because he totally seems like one now.

Cassius was thrilled at Caillen's excitement. Everyone around here was either all doom and gloom, super violent, or just plain crazy. This kid was none of the above, and it made Cass glad that there were some sane people around this place. However, Caillen still seemed a little freaked out being near a coyote, but Cassius frankly couldn't blame him. A violent stereotype had been plastered on all 'yotes everywhere, so think about how that affected poor Cassius, who not only wouldn't hurt by a fly, the fly would probably freak him out so much he'd run away! His overall friendliness seemed foreign to all the wolves he met around here, which meant the coyotes here probably stuck to the stereotype given to them. That was their choice though, not Cass', and so the Southerner kept to his benevolent ways and practiced his mechanic skills.

Caillen's answer to Cassius' mechanic skills made him laugh extremely loudly. He thought it was funny, how innocently blunt this kid was. Cassius accepted himself as a wolf in a coyote's body pretty much. He leaned over, trying to breathe in his fit of laughter. "BAHAHAHAHAAAA!" he yelled. He straightened himself back up and look right at the boy. "Well, y'all know what? I din't either!" he announced as he threw up his hands. "I though all 'em 'yotes were like me! Seems like I'm the smartest fer miles. He swept his hand across like he was painted a stroke across a canvas with paint, as if showing Cai his view. "An' there ain't many 'yotes were I came from, so I reckon I din't know any better, y'know?"

The goggle-toting hybrid was also happy to see Cai so happy about their common traits. The kid supposed that he had some adventures. Oh, did he. "DO I?" he roared, a giant smile forming on his face. "Well, I reckon y'all din't know I done served in the Dahila/Inferni war, did'ja?" he said with a silly "matter-of-factly" tone. "I done built an' set them traps out near Inferni's borders, y'see. All o'dem were of my own design. I also repaired this suuuuper old compound bow fer this lady from AniWaya." He still remember quite a bit of his life from before the war, and even before he joined Inferni. Every detail in fact. "Even better, afore the war, I done had t'boat up this looooong river t'get 'ere. I ain't from 'ere y'see. I done came from waaaaaay South."

Then the kid asked about living with them. He patted him on the head with a smile. "Siddown with me. I'll sure tell y'all 'bout livin' with 'em." He sat down on a log that was nearby, patting next to him for Caillen to sit. "Well, first thang, y'all gotta know: All 'em 'yotes're are a big bag o'crazy. That's a given," he explained, holding up his index finger. "So that leads y'all t'figure out which ones to watch out fer. There's them normal crazies: they just run around causing minor shenanigans." Cass knew Cai should know this kind of stuff from all the wolves around. "Then there's the super-crazy violent ones, those're the ones y'all wanna avoid. They'll rip yer balls off. Trust me, I seen it." now that last part was a blatant lie, but it sure sounded like a good story, right?

Word Count: 500+

[/html]
[html]

Table © Alaine
ooc: FFFFT. I'm kinda imagining Cai doing the whole kermit the frog thing while listening to him. like, the crazy wiggle-arms dance XD 8D

The small man erupted into laughing, the force of which nearly made Caillen jump out of his skin. At first, he though the coyote was having some sort of fit, but on a second inspection, it was clear that he was just showing mirth. Caillen made a nervous chuckle, his owlish-wide sky blue eyes watching Cass keenly for any other frightening, and unexpected, explosions.

When the mocha-splashed male did recover from his laughing fit, Caillen was once again drawn in by his gestures, his excited tone. The boy grinned companionably, his gaze following Cass' outstretched hand, his vast imagination conjuring all sorts of landscapes to fit the description. Golly, gee, he was talking to the smartest 'yote for MILES! That sure was something impressive! Nodding quickly to the other's redundant question, the boy wrapped his scarf tighter about his neck, and was just about to speak when Cass ROARED.

For the second time in a matter of seconds, Caillen just about peed himself. Jolting back with shock, those wide eyes fixed on the man with curious wariness. At the mention of the war, his head bobbled another affirmative, awe coloring the boy's cheeks with excitement. His new friend had been in the WAR?! Golly golly golly! With his maw slightly agape, Caillen soaked up the yote's strange accent and his story like a thirsty sea-sponge. Blah blah blah traps, blah blah blah compound bow? Blah blah Aniwaya? Boat? Heaps of the words that Mr Cass used just washed right over his head, strange as they sounded. He had no concept for a compound bow, hadn't even heard of a proper bow for hunting. Or a boat - what in the world was a boat? But, well, he didn't want to look silly, or worse, childish, so the slate youth nodded again, trying to look knowledgeable.

To his previous question, Mr Cass smiled, and Caillen quickly obeyed him and plonked down on the log. He was so curious, full of burning questions, but Mr Cass seemed hardly to draw breath between his great long stories, and Caillen was not about to interrupt any of them. He didn't want to miss out on hearing any of it! As Cass began to lecture on the types of 'yotes, the youth began to commit them to memory, his round eyes drinking in the other with admiration.

" Right, normal crazy 'yotes, got it..." He muttered, mentally checking it off at Cass did on his finger. To the latter, though, he perked up, all those images of the bloodthirsty creatures of lore swimming through the youth's overactive imagination. To the very last bit, he cringed heavily,pressing his knees closer together. Ouch ouch ouch ouch.

" Well why, Mr Cass," He finally found the power of speech again, piping up nervously as if the answer was obvious, " Why do you live with 'em? I mean, you don't seem to fit in to either of those types... Why doncha live somewhere else, Mr?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

OOC: ugh sorry for the wait. I'm busting my ass trying to respond to all my threads D:

As he spoke, the young male seemed to jump at his jolly laughing, but he still hung on the every word, like he was dangling from a cliff and those words were the only things keeping him up. Cassius actually never talked to someone so interested in his lifestyle, or just him in general. Caillien was so mesmerized by the fact that Cass had been living with these "crazy" coyotes for such a long period of time. Cass continued on with his explanations.

Then Cai asked an unusual question. Why was he living with them then? To be frank, he actually didn't know. He had no way to answer that question without saying he had no clue. Digging in his head for a legitimate answer, Cass plucked one and threw it out in place of his non-answer. "Well... somebody's gotta help them out! They look so... primitive without someone like me to educate them. Err... somewhat." It was a bullshit response, but what else could he say?

Word Count: 200+

[/html]