Style up
[html]
300+
Lets keep it light Big Grin Alaine's Dress Hover over link for more description

That was it. It was enough. It had taken long enough to complete and longer still to get around to finding the dress's target owner. Strelein had had enough of waiting for Alaine to find him and for him to remember he needed to hand off the thing. He had worked for too many hours with too much thread to let the dress go to waste now, even when he had bothered to find a big enough box for it. He had even gone above and beyond, creating a pair of tighter pants, which he did not have a name for yet, and even a matching set of gloves for the outfit. He had to say, he was rather very proud of himself and the job that he had done. Strel spent weeks on this project of his, though he had no idea what had driven him to go to such fanatic lengths, especially since he had barely known the woman. Maybe it was just because she had kindly helped him with his needle issue.

The outfit was fold, neatly, inside of a decorative yellow box about two feet long, about a foot and a half wide, almost a foot deep. All that room was just to fit the dress, though some space had been left over, thankfully. Strel had been worried he would not find a big enough, or suitable, container to put the dress into. If the woman did not care for the dress, he could always just let her have the damn box to put her other things into. He tied it off with the last of a blue shimmery ribbon, just to keep the whole thing from falling apart in his hands. Now came the annoying part; finding the woman.

Strelein figured she would stay in the Hotel, considering it was kind of her base of operation as the medic in the pack, just like it was his fashion center. Though, where she was was trickier. "Miss Alaine?" he called through the echoing halls, eying open doorways as though the healer would burst through them any second. The box was pressed against his chest, held up with one arm wrapped around it. "Alaine?"

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: that is the most fucking awesome thing ive seen since WOW. :| <3 sorry for slight pp! i hope you don't mind :o

Like a listless ghost, Alaine had slouched upstairs to the second story of the Chien Hotel, and lay collapsed now on her simple little bed in the dimly-lit room. The daylight from outside had been blocked with a large cloth thrown over the window, but the fake nighttime inside her chamber did little to lull the woman's aching body to sleep. Her inner clock was a stubborn thing, and with a frustrated sigh, Alaine relented to another dog-tired day.

It was all that blasted man's fault, she thought crossly. Why on earth had he been so ridiculous as to cut his leg on a bloody fence? And not only that, but to be so terrified of just getting stitches... Why, she could think of only one other patient who had been so fidgety! As his face swam into her weary mind, Alaine smiled gently, allowing a soft chuckle to peal out into the tomb of silence. Ah, Mr Strel, he'd been a real character... Why was it that his memory chimed at the back of her head like an un-opened envelope? Had she forgotten to do something? Had she missed some sort of deadline? With his face still swimming behind her eyelids, her smile turned into a grim line of concentration. No, whatever the thought had been, it was gone now.

Allowing her mind to drift pleasantly, the healer stretched out on the bed, trying so desperately to clear her mind of restless thoughts that she almost missed the call from downstairs. For a moment, Alaine paused, her consciousness summoned in inquiry - Just as she was about the shove it off, the sound came again, now clearly her own name. A sense of urgency thrummed through her exhausted frame; There was only one reason that wolves came calling for her. Staggering up, she grabbed the small healer's pouch that hung beside the doorway, and bit down a sigh as she hastened down the stairs.

Leaping down to the bottom stair, she rounded the corner like a bullet, only to find some unfortunate individual standing directly in her way. There was no time for the tired healer to change course, and the brakes were slow in working, and so instead she rammed straight into his slender body.

The box in his hands sailed skywards. Her mind disoriented by the small collision, Alaine immediately grappled for it in mid-air, and ended up throwing her body to the ground just in time to catch the neat parcel as it dropped, unharmed, into her outstretched fingers. There was a pause, where stars winked before her eyes, until she realized that the stars were actually glittering of a thick, shimmering blue ribbon.

" Ooooowwwww..."

Came the soft moan from her own maw as the ache in her body intensified. With a cringe of apprehension, the young lady twisted her head to look up at the living obstacle from her flattened position on the ground, and tried to smile gingerly.

" ... Good day, Mr Strel."

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
300+
I'm glad you like :o

Maybe Alaine was not home, out helping one of the other members of the pack? Surely she was around somewhere, and he could always come back later in the evening when she was guaranteed to be in for a nightly sleep. But, Strel heard the pounding feet down the steps, but he turned only to find the figure crash into him like some kind of demon. The force of the blow forced his arm to let go of the package, letting it fly into the air. It was half forgotten as he lurched back, flailing a bit to keep his balance as much as possible. After a moment of wobbling, he steadied, sighing. Then, panicking, Strelein tried to find the box that was missing from his grasp. But it was safe in the arms of the intended recipient. "Oh thank god," he breathed with an added sigh of relief. Not much would have happened to the dress, but if it had fallen out and gotten mussed, then he would have been exceptionally peeved at himself.

Of course, he realized that Alaine was on the ground and probably in pain from colliding with him. "Alaine, oh gosh, I'm sorry. Are you alright?" He picked up the box and nestled it in the crook of his arm once more, though he gave the woman his free hand to help her back to her feet. "Nothing broken, I hope?" Strel smiled, amused at his questions at the pack healer. "I was hoping I'd find you here. Did I disturb you by any chance?" he asked, patting the box to show why he sought her out. Strel was wondering why the woman had rushed down so fast. Perhaps she had thought him ill and in need of further assistance? "I have something for you, Miss Alaine." The box went into both hands and he stretched out slightly toward the woman, offering it to her at last.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: slow reply :I <3

For a moment, Strel face peered down at her, comically distorted by the swimming of her own vision as the girl-woman tilted her chin to smile weakly up at him. Then, in an instant, the male seemed to recognize his offender, and those lilac eyes of his lit up as speech bubbled from his maw. Her mind still slightly dizzy, Alaine waited until Strel had pulled her from the ground before offering a reply.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Thank you," And she smiled sincerely, although a bubble of laughter may have colored the young healer's tone. Fancy that, asking a healer of her own broken bones? The fashionista sure was one funny fellow, "Disturb me? No, of course not."

The lie was blatant. It was clear that the young lady was in desperate need of sleep - The pockets beneath her stunning emerald eyes swelled like an inky bruise, her just-recently curved figure beginning to show the signs of exhaustion-born wear and tear. But, like any dedicated worker, Alaine felt no need to whine of her own bereavements. Besides, now that Strel was here, she figured she might ask him about that niggling sense of forgetting something that plagued her whenever his mind popped into memory.

Just as she was about to do so, the slenderly handsome male produced the box she'd nearly crumpled, and the bright blue ribbon danced endearingly before her eyes once more. For a second, the healer seemed at loss - A gift, for her? But why on earth-

"OH! OH, my dress!" Instantly, the young beauty grasped the object from Strel's oustretched hands. Her ivory hands fluttered over the corners of it, the delicately wrapped paper, smoothing across the merry bow with a look of amazement. Why, she'd forgotten all about her dress! HER dress! One hand reached out to tug at Strel's arm, and then she slipped into the dining room, setting the box on the table top and hovering over it anxiously. Emerald eyes darted to the male, before back to the box, her excitement palpable. Alaine had never been given a gift before, nor had she ever owned any new clothes - This was all good things, come at once, a brilliant surprise to brighten the rest of the week.

"... May I..." She gestured to the ribboned parcel with the look of a child at Christmas, " May I open it now?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
300+

It seemed as though the healer was not healing herself. She seemed tired and worn; Strel knew that feeling. Sometimes he worked himself stupid on an outfit, from sunrise to sunset, using every last moment of sunlight for it. He could tell she needed sleep. Or food. Or both, he did not know. Why was she running herself ragged? For what? He wanted to ask. So, so badly, but it seemed like this was a moment he should not let his mouth run off without his consent. Besides, there was something else at hand here.

Strel laughed at her reaction. She clearly was out of it if she was phasing out so badly. It looked as though she was about to rip apart that box like it was nothing but wet paper. Her eyes just lit up like a fire, sparkling at the thought of him getting her it. It was nothing, but he was glad she liked the thought of it. She had not yet even seen what was inside! It made him really happy to see her react that way before she even saw the handiwork. If she did not like the dress inside, he would surely be heartbroken, since her reaction had set him up for a lot of loving and ego stroking.

Laughing, the Lord could not help but find her expression comical. She looked so damn excited. So, so damn excited. It was like he made her day. Maybe a nap would make it even better for her. "It's not my dress," he retorted, rolling his eyes at Alaine. "Do what you want with it. It is so out of my jurisdiction now. But if you don't want it-" he added, moving his hand toward the box carefully, a though the woman was going to jump on it at any moment. "- I can always take it back."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: :I

Strel seemed thoroughly amused by her excitement, but Alaine was fer too overjoyed with the male to take any offense. Oh, wonderful Mr Strel! What a man, what a friend! Her round emerald eyes gazed pleadingly at him, and with a snort and a roll of his delightful lavender eyes, the similarly red-headed male gave her permission to do as she wished.

Rather than tear the box to shred, as perhaps Strel had assumed she would, Alaine went about the task of unwrapping her gift in a very cautious, serious manner. The yellow paper was beautiful, and it crinkled merrily beneath her gentle fingertips - having untied the bright blue ribbon, she lay it beside the box on the table surface, smoothing it out like a glorious cobalt serpent. Such material! Oh, wonderful Mr Strel!

Finally, the young lady opened the lid, revealing the neatly folded, crisply woven yellow material inside. She pulled the dress from it's casing oh-so-carefully, her eyes gilded with wonder and a child-like glee as it slid through her fingers. Holding the ebony band of material at the top, Alaine gazed at the length of it, silent for a moment.

" Oh... Oh, my..." Her voice, when it came, was a breathy whisper of awe. Holding the dress in a very careful grasp, the young healer puled it to her slender body, held it against herself in absolute delight. She twirled, enjoying the feeling of the material dancing with her, before returning emerald gaze to Strel once more.

" Why, it's... It's... It's so beautiful, Mr Strel! So perfect! So delightful! Oh, I fear I shan't ever wear it for want of gazing upon it forever! You are so clever, so very clever, to make such a wondrous dress!"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
300+

Strel watched her carefully, noting her stunned silence. It was probably the absolutely best reaction he ever got and expected to ever get. This was probably one of those moments of his sewing career he would remember till the day he died. If he could freaking frame this, he would and it would be all over his studio to remind him in the darkest days what he sewed for. Come on, even the redhead knew there would be a hump in his life where he would want to jam all the needles he owned into the wall and thread them together to weave a carpet to ease out his psychotic emotions over the stress of the work.

Alaine twirled with the dress against her, and Strel laughed, clapping as she moved. It seemed like her color and it suited her, or so he hoped. She very clearly loved it and he had to be happy for that. This was what he worked for; the happiness these people felt over having something special. "So you seem to like it a bit," he commented, rubbing his chin lightly as he continued to watch her. Her language was so formal. He could not have been that much older than her!

"Alaine, Alaine, sweetheart, you don't need to call me Mr. I'm not that old." Strel chuckled, bending over to pick up the dress's container. He expertly retied the ribbon, holding the blue creation in his hand. "And thank you, you flatter me. I fear you're going to spoil me with just your words. I'll have a bloated head for the rest of my life at the rate you're going at." He deftly placed the ribbon on top of her head, smiling gaily. "Everyone deserves something lovely in their life, and I feel like you needed it a little extra bit, so I might have gone farther than I expected." Strel idly examined his nails, trying not to look too terribly pleased with himself. "Alaine, Alaine, Alaine. A pretty dress for a very pretty girl." He could flatter too.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: holidays at last! i can finally finish shading that picture of Strel i've owed you for so long XD <3

Like a wound-up music box, the young lady could barely remain still, her animated pixie features delighted with her company as though he were her very own kindred. In truth, Mr Strel was perhaps one of the closest friends she had here, even though Alaine had been a part of the Cour Des Miracle pack for some time now. It was her job that often stopped her from socializing, as much as it did to broaden her knowledge of other pack members - Meet them, yes, but befriend them? Why, she was much too tired, much too concerned with the constant arrival of patients needing her care. Perhaps Strel was her only friend, in truth.

She stilled as he lifted the bow to the glossy auburn tumult of her curly head, beaming merrily across at the clever-handed tailor as he in turn grinned smugly. " A bit? You underestimate my gratitude, Strel! Tis wondrous! You head deserves to be as large as this very hotel for all the talent you've got!" In an uncharacteristic display of mirth, the young healer leaned forward to offer the redhead a light and friendly peck on the cheek. It was a sign of her total acceptance of the male, for the custom had been used in her family only towards other family members.

" You jest with your 'pretty' sentiments, Strel. Tis the dress that is pretty, not I. But perhaps this masterpiece can make even a poorly figure like mine worthy of a second glance!" The healer mused delightedly, her emerald gaze skimming the sleek garment once more, as tenderly as one would a cherished photograph. " Should... Should I try it on, now?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
300+ - you have noooo idea how excited I am for that.

The woman certainly had a knack for flourishes with her language. It certainly sounded like she fit in quite well with the theme of the pack, of a court. She was so polite, but really, she was being a bit too polite with him. For whatever reason, she enthralled him, since he did not really know why she was being as formal as she was with him, a fellow courtier. It was not like he held a rank important enough to demand that level of respect. The only thing he could reason out was that he was older and had been a member for quite a bit longer than her. Maybe something happened ages ago? Or maybe she was just raised like that. Whatever it was, he had hoped she would loosen up a bit with him, even though their meetings were scarce and few between.

She gave him a light peck, which he took for gratitude and some other funny tradition she was raised with. Alaine clung to the garment like it was an absolutely valuable treasure. Well, maybe it was. Pretty much handmade and custom designed, it was a helter skelter combination of scraps of outfits and materials. The woman seemed to be a bit hard on herself too. What had happened to her? "Darling, darling, darling. You must not have looked in a mirror or at your own reflection recently. I do not create beauty, you see," he began, raising his hand a bit high. Strel ran it downwards, indicating Alaine with his motion. "I only accentuate what's already there." Without an outfit, Alaine was pretty, sure, but he was there to make them feel even better about themselves, even if they could not see their own beauty. Strel chuckled, wondering why she was waiting if she like the dress so much. "Like I said, it is yours. Though it is best if I'm here to see it, in case I made an error. I was working without a model, after all."

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]