Press my face to the ground
[html]
Set March 4 :] AW.

She couldn't go back to Naniko for more help, not after what the she-wolf had already done for her. She'd helped Dierdre out when she had thought that nobody would...and on top of that she had healed Dierdre's father Phoenix. She owed a lot to Naniko and to Clouded Tears. So she wasn't sure why she was here, sitting on the borderline to their lands.

Lately Dierdre had been feeling really sick...so sick that sometimes she couldn't even come out of the den. There were days that sunlight hurt her eyes, days when she felt incredibly dizzy. Soran and Deuce had both agreed on the prognosis...Dierdre was pregnant.

The two year old werewolf settled down to wait for somebody to come along, sitting back in the snow. She needed something to make her feel better--she couldn't take much more of this. Maybe someone would be able to tell her where Naniko was...she could at least ask the Tears wolf for help. If she was denied, then she would look someplace else.

[/html]
It was her duty, as a pack wolf, to every so often look around the borders, and this had become a sort of instinctual hobby for Melisande. If she was full and happy, Melis would look around the edges of the land for lost souls and intruders alike. She had just buried her leftovers and begun scouting when she scented someone.

She stepped forward, realizing that the scent on the female, now within her view, was familiar, although not completely recognizable. She cocked her little white head in the snow, a little afraid. The smell was familiar in that she was from around these parts, but it was also familiar in that she was sick. It wasn't something Melisande scented often, but it was something any wolf knew. It wasn't the deadly smell of rabies, just a plain old sickness.

"Hey there, you want something to eat?" she offered, wondering who this was, and why she was waiting so patiently here, instead of being with someone who might take care of her. Melisande had figured out, since she'd returned, that she was certainly the most sane, forgiving, and self-sacrificing soul left in the pack, and if this wolfess needed her now, she had might as well use her characteristics for good. God knew that most of those she loved were practically past helping.
[html]
Baby I've been here before

In comes Hanna... I'm assuming you'd have come in from the NW corner, near Storm boundaries.

I know this room, I've walked this floor

Hanna roamed the borders in the northwest area of the Tears packland. She'd been looking around the area for a den near there, and the black wolfess was pretty sure she'd found the one she wanted. There had been a female named Bellus Grey that Hanna had been acquainted with (as fellow Apothecaries), but the female had since left Clouded Tears pack. Hanna had stumbled upon her den though, not far from Laruku's, and the site was perfect for what Hanna needed. The dirt on the walls was still crumbly enough that Hanna could form shelves for her herbs and trinkets.

As the ebony-coated wolfess neared the border, she scented another wolfess, and followed her nose until she came into sight of two pure white females. One femme looked horrible, but was seated patiently at the edge of the territory, waiting for Luna-knew what. Or who. The other was standing near the first, and had offered her something to eat. The appearance of the second ivory wolfess caused Hanna to smile. She was almost a replica of Colibri, Hanna's sister. Perhaps it was kismet that made them meet this way. Approaching the females, tail raised medium-high, Hanna spoke out, "Hello! I'm Hanna." Then to the seated female in particular, "Can I help you?" She hoped she could at least brew up some tea for the female, make her feel better.

[/html]
[html]
Yay ^_^ I love three way threads.

She opened her mouth to speak, to introduce herself, but the other white wolf was already talking, asking her a question. At the offer Dierdre smiled, then shrugged. Was it that obvious that she hadn't been eating well lately? Most of her diet was fish because of her mate; he didn't enjoy rabbit or squirrel, and since they often ate together she had mostly given those two things up. The only problem was that rabbit and squirrel were in abundance in Storm. Fish were much harder to get from the frozen river.

Maybe eating something other than fish would be good for her. "I would love something--and I'm sorry that I'm bothering you here. I was hoping to speak with the apothecary, Naniko, and to thank her for coming to the aid of my father, the alpha in Storm." She was just getting finished speaking when another wolf appeared. This one was friendly at well, or, at least to Dierdre, it looked like she was. "Maybe you can. I'm Dierdre Rhiannon-Haddon, from Storm."
[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande looked behind her as another wolf showed up. There were three females now, and suddenly everyone was introducing themselves. The one who looked scared, if not sick, stated that she wanted to eat, and that her name was Dierdre. The other wolfess, also offering help, was named Hanna. Melisande nodded to Hanna in a friendly gesture. She wasn't sure they'd met before, but recognized her scent well enough for it not to be out of place.

indent "I'm Melisande Sadira." Melis had never been much for petty introductions and silly conversations, but sometimes it was necessary. Bringing the subject back to the matter of hand, she took a few steps in one direction and then stopped, waiting for the others to follow. "If you come with me, I just buried some food this way, its not far. As for Naniko, I know she's around here somewhere. Whether or not we can find her is a good question, though." She smiled at that, giving a little laugh. It was always hard to find people around here.

[/html]
[html]

*whimper* I'm sorry, luffs!

Hanna frowned as her niece moved off, not because she thought it wrong to feed Dierdre, but because she couldn't recall if she knew Naniko. To her knowledge, the two of them had never met, though perhaps that would change in the near future, especially if there was a chance Hanna would work alongside her at some point as an apprentice or helper Apothecary. Trailing behind the two ivory wolfesses, Hanna heard mention of the alpha of Storm, and other small talk issues. But something in the female's bearing triggered a motherly response, even though Hanna herself had never borne puppies. "Dearie, can I make you some tea? It might make you feel better. No offense, but you look positively awful. My den isn't far from here; we could request Naniko to there while I brew us all a cup."

Hanna smiled happily at her idea, and followed along just as she'd been, patient as the day was long.

[/html]
[html]
Oy. I'm late, too xD

She walked along with the two females, openly smiling now. She'd never been treated so nicely by anyone before...well, except for Pilot. He was her mate, and one of the only wolves that she really got along with on a personal level. Dierdre didn't have a whole lot of friends besides her family members in Storm and Jaded Shadows. Especially none from Clouded Tears, except for maybe Naniko.

"I was actually going to go to Naniko for some tea. I've had an upset stomach lately, and I've been feeling kind of dizzy...I'd love some, if you're sure it's not too much trouble" She wasn't sure exactly where they were going, but she definitely felt like she was in good hands. "I've never met anyone like you two before"

[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande smiled. They probably both sounded silly, treating her like a princess even though they didn't know anything about the female. She wasn't sure where Hanna was going to get tea, but she knew exactly where she'd just buried half of her kill. The threesome got there in good time, and she dug it up quickly, then laid it at the wolfess' feet.

indent "There you go." She sat down and began to pick at her paws, now dirty from digging. "Well, personally I've had a serious lack of cheerful company lately, and would do just about anything to keep someone nice around." She shrugged, thinking of the troubled souls here. Not that everyone didn't have troubles, but that didn't mean they all had to be constantly depressed.

[/html]
[html]

The female smiled gently. I'll head on while you eat, then, Melisande, I'm sure you might remember where Bellus' den was? It's not far from Laruku's; that's where I'll be. She tarried only a moment before racing off toward her new den. She settled herself on the ground and began to shift herself, lengthening her arms and legs, switching her knees, and forming digits on her paws. The process didn't take long, and Hanna entered her den to start on the tea. She knew she didn't have long to get everything finished, so she wasted no time in getting a fire started with the old flint and steel she'd received from her brother's pack. A pot of clean snow was suspended over it to melt down, while Hanna dug some lavender and rose hips out of her herb pack as well as ginger root, spearmint, chamomile, lemon balm, peppermint and red raspberry leaves. The first was for her own and her niece's brew, while the other was a medicine she'd heard somewhere between her homeland and 'Souls land that was good for morning sickness. The Storm female had described the opening stages of pregnancy as she'd heard it from others, and Hanna figured it would help.

Wrapping all but the lavender and rose hips into a large piece of cheesecloth she'd found and boiled repeatedly to clean, she dropped the sachet into the water, which was boiling, and soon removed the pot by its wooden handles to let the concoction steep. The water turned a pleasing golden color, and Hanna placed the pot on some heated rocks to keep the tea warm. She repeated the process with the lavender and rose hips, heating more stones while she was at it, and then stood outside the warm den, looking the way she'd come, trying to see the pair of ivory wolves against the snow.

[/html]
[html]
She could talk to Melisande about her problems on their way to Hannah's den?

Dierdre didn't have a lot of female friends. Usually she didn't get along with anybody, especially members of her own sex. She was too used to being around the guys in the pack, her adopted fathers, Pilot, and her brothers, that she hadn't realized what she was missing out on. Maybe it was time to branch out a bit, to make some new friends. She had problems trusting people sometimes, but these wolves were proving to be very friendly and extremely helpful.

She smiled contentedly as she walked with them, simply pleased by their presence. Lately she had been feeling pretty alone. She had been trying to avoid talking to Pilot, just in case the truth slipped out in front of him...she didn't want to mess up. And keeping it all bottled up inside wasn't really healthy. She took the offered kill with a look of gratitude, ripping pieces of the flesh off and swallowing them nearly whole. She spoke in between bites. "It's really nice to have someone to talk to. I didn't know that you guys were over here--I haven't met many from Clouded Tears. Lately I haven't been doing to well...but I didn't want to tell my mate. He doesn't know about the puppies yet." She took another piece, swallowing it as well. "I don't know if he would be happy about them."

Dierdre wasn't sure if they were to follow Hannah back to her den or not. "Should we go?" She asked, looking to the remainder of the kill. "We can bury this again. It was really, really good. I haven't eaten anything like that in a while--Pilot doesn't like this kind of meat, and we usually eat together. I didn't want to make him feel sick, or anything, watching me eat squirrel or rabbit."

[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande nodded at Hanna as she left. It wouldn't be hard to find her again, since Melis had grown up here, and knew the lands as well as any. She listened to Dierdre talk, cocking her head with curiosity. She was surprised at first to hear the word 'puppies', but then realized that it made a great deal of sense, considering the femme not feeling well. When they buried the scraps that remained, Melisande rose, motioning for her to follow again, and began to lead the female to where they would meet up with Hanna and the tea.

indent "Well, I hope you don't think this intrusive... but this Pilot... it sounds like either he is a bit controlling, or you are afraid of him for some reason." She thought about it for a moment, wondering if it was even her place to speak up, considering she'd only just met Dierdre, and had never met her mate. "You should be able to talk to him, since he's involved too."

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... fthing.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Going to post again so that they can talk a bit--hope that's okay <3

Dierdre grimmaced. She had been hoping that this wouldn't come up like it had. She didn't want to admit to what she had done. She wished that she could blame it on the alchohol, or on the fact that she'd wanted to get some experience so that she could please Pilot...but she couldn't. The night with Samael had come and gone like a dream...she wouldn't have believed that it had even happened if the memories weren't so sharp. If she wasn't having the flashbacks.

"No...he's wonderful. That's the problem." She wasn't sure how to say it. "He should have never gotten together with someone like me. I can't be trusted. I...I just don't know. I can't tell him. I think he wants the pups more than I do, and that makes it harder. He would make such a good father. But me? I can barely even keep my own life together." Dierdre spoke quietly, staring at the ground as she walked.

[/html]
[html]

indent Melisande listened, and smiled unintentionally the whole time. So she was scared, that was all. The little white wolfess could certainly understand. Puppies were a huge responsibility, they took up the rest of your life, and you couldn't just get up and leave them. She almost laughed out loud as she thought that, considering how long it had been since she'd seen her own mother.

indent "Well... you seem a lot more sane than a lot of parents around here, anyhow." Melisande was glad her input was appreciated, and that her eagerly listening ears were being taken advantage of. She'd recently realized that her general goal in life was to make as many people happy as often as she possibly could, and lately her listening skills had been doing well at achieving this somehow. "Seriously, though, even though being a parent is a huge thing... all you really need to do is love them. Everything else just sort of seems like it falls into place after that" She shrugged, hoping she was actually giving the correct advise. Really, the only thing she had to go off of was her own childhood, but this wasn't about her or her advise anyways. It was about the wolfess in front of her figuring out how she felt.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... fthing.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

There was something about Melisande that comforted her, made her feel a little better. The female wasn't yelling at her for her behavior or asking her what terrible crime she had committed, like Lucifer had when she'd joined. She hadn't told him, and didn't plan on telling anyone unless she absolutely had to. She wasn't sure how life in Jaded Shadows would be...but she wanted to keep as much of her dignity as she could, under the circumstances.

"You're right. My own mother wasn't around a lot during my puppyhood..I guess I'm a little afraid that I'll end up doing something like she did, messing everything up for the little ones. But I have a good pack...and two new wonderful friends, now. I think I might be okay" They were approaching a den, she could see, and her tail began to wag again.
[/html]