Thrill of the hunt
[html]

The clouds were swarming the sky, but it didn’t smell like rain, the muddy grounds around him was a sign that spring was here and it was not the perfect day to be out and about, but he was getting hungry and with the rain they had been getting off and on; their hunting probably had hurt from it, he wouldn’t really hunt in the rain unless absolutely necessary. He hadn’t heard a howl for a pack hunt for a while the first one he’d ever heard, but he understood exactly what it was, he was busy for that particular hunt, but now he wasn’t but he hadn’t heard one. He hoped he had some kind of authority to do a hunting howl, and knowing the pack they would be hungry. He’d given the chick to Orin telling her that it had best be alive and pinkless when he got home. Then headed out to the front of the hotel, figuring it was a good gathering spot.

He shifted first, feeling he’d get his howl to go further if he did. And to save for any questions as to how they would be hunting, Tipping his head back, he howled a song, the beautiful song of the hunt. He waited and howled it again. Then sat, wagging his tail in hopes that there would be at least a few turn outs, and he wouldn’t’ have to hunt alone.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
400+
[html]

The rainy spring weather had made it difficult for Anann to make much progress on her home. Though she was still painfully close to being able to start construction of the structure. Splitting her time between the stables and work towards building her home, Anann had still failed to meet many of her pack mates. Thanks to the meeting announcing the disappearance of Jacquez had lended an opportunity to see just how many made up their ranks. Perhaps once she had made a home for herself here she would put more effort into getting to know more of her pack. For now though, she took advantage in the break in the rain to start hewing the logs. Creating a more flat top and bottom to the logs. The work was slow as she had nothing more than an axe to work with. The call resounding through the air haulted her progress mid-swing. It was not like the one that had called the pack to the hotel some days before. This was a call to hunt. Wrapping the head of her axe in piece of water resistant buckskin, she tucked it under a log. Along with the small blade she wore on her thigh.

Shifting quickly to her halfling form, Anann looped off in the direction of the call. It was the first time she had heard a call to hunt and she was excited. While Anann herself was an experienced hunter it was not a common thing where she'd come from. The wolves of her home had raised livestock for food. Nearly eliminating the need to hunt all together. Those that did hunt, did so more for sport than the actual need to feed one's self. Given the option Anann had always preferred to hunt and prepare her own food over the meats that could be bought in the markets. The call had been fairly close and Anann was not surprised she was the first to arrive. "Hello Niro, I thought the call sounded like a familiar voice." She smiled. Her tail waved eagerly behind her. It hadn't been but a couple weeks since she had met the young man, enthusiastic about his goal of becoming a Falconer. She noticed the sling and evident lump of an egg were absent. Her brow furrowed with concern. Hoping the egg hadn't somehow fallen victim to an ill fate. "Where is your egg?" She sat down next to him as they waited for others to show up.

<style type="text/css">
.Allifree004 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#a4b4cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Allifree004ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a4b4cd; text-align:right;}
.Allifree004 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Allifree004 {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#717f99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree4-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262602; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#262602; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... toltab.png); background-color:#165eaa; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">300+

A call for a hunt? At last, something that Anatoliy knew he was good at. He had been mostly useless, considering he held no co-rank, and was not the most fluent in the local language. But a hunt, he could help with. He was not the best hunter, he knew, since he had relied on mostly fish in his life in Russia. Now, what Anatoliy did more was hunt, since getting fish was harder than back home. There were no fishing vessels here for solely that reason, so he had to make do with the game all around. He had little to do during the day, to tell the truth. This was more than just a chance to be useful for a place giving him and his family a home, this was a much needed diversion. And he would get practice. Perfect.

Unsure of how the hunt leader planned to run it, the Russo came in his optime form. Jeans adorned his legs and a knife used for gutting and skinning was attached to his belt with a clip, easily accessible. If it was not a hunt for two legs, he would gladly shift, though he hoped no one would steal his things if it came to that. But he was sure, since the caller seemed familiar, it would not be an issue. Or the Russo would take it up with the King directly that there had been a theft. His lazy walk managed to get him there second, which made him slightly confused. A lazy walk got him there before others? Wow. The person who had called the hunt was Niro, who had had that bird of prey egg before. Had it hatched? The second person there was Anann, to whom he sent a light grin, showing teeth slightly. But she was not in optime, which only hinted that the hunt would be as their ancestors had always hunted, though with a boost or two. "Hello Niro. Anann." He nodded his head in both of their directions, then sat himself down near them, still in his two legged form.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> *whistles* 300+ words.

Ears twitched at the sound of the howl, followed by another on very quickly. Princess did not know the voice, but she did know the reason for the call. As far as she could remember, she had never been in a pack hunt. In fact, she had only ever hunted alone, or occasionally with her brother when they were only four months old and living on their own. As such, she had only ever hunted small game, or the very rare, very young deer. Though she had always been slightly undernourished, Princess had considered herself a fairly adequate hunter. She had kept herself alive, at any rate. A pack hunt, though, would not be a terrible idea. She thought it might even help her get to know some of the members of her pack, something she should have done a while ago. She'd been in the pack long enough.

Princess stood, shedding her dress before she looked in the mirror over her dresser. Her appearance was a striking one, even without a pretty dress, and though she hated to leave this form,
she knew that hunting would be easier on four legs. She left the house, shifting once she was outside. She had always been a small girl, and even in her regular wolf form, Princess' frame was petite and lithe. She ran fluidly to the place where the call had originated from, seeing three members that she did not know by name. Of course, that was not unexpected. She hardly knew anyone in the pack. "Hi," she said, albeit a bit nervously. "I'm Princess Chance. I hope I'm not intruding on anything?" The call had seemed welcoming to anyone, and she hoped that was still the case. She had not always gotten along well with everyone, and she hoped she would be able to hunt in a group. It would be her first time.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

WC:463

OOC: Yay lets get started Big Grin Yes Niro is such a nervous novice Tongue He thinks he's working with pros here hahahaha

Niro was nervous, he’d never led a pack hunt before and hoped he’d do an ok job about it. When he saw Anann trot up he smiled, she’d helped him learn a little leatherworking, he was glad he knew someone who came especially the first wolf. It would make things better for him. He hated starting out with nothing but strangers.

Oh he’s fine, Marahute is with Orin, not good to jostle a chick around on a hunt

His wolf smile was a long one, due to excitement and nervousness, and soon after his answer another familiar face came to sight, it was a good thing, maybe Niro had actually met everyone in the pack already? Well that would be great, he nodded at Anatoliy’s greeting, wagging his tail a little, so far there wasn’t anyone in the pack he didn’t like. Niro only waited a few minutes before he was about to start talking, when an unfamiliar wolf came up, she was part of the pack too, Niro could smell it on her, he listened to her question and nodded

Everyone is welcome to join, my name is Niro Takekuro

He said, he looked around to see the three ther wolves, they looked quite capable of taking down something big, which was good, they’d need to do that he was sure a nice pack feast would be just the thing everyone needed, to let them know that the old king’s disappearance wasn’t a bad one, he could tell the difference in how most of the wolves acted, they were sad their old King was gone, many of them didn’t know him, so were in turn confused as well, he himself had doubts at first but knowing a little about Vigil, and how well he took to the leadership and all he had faith in his new friend even though he’d met him only a few times before he was king.

I’m rather new at this pack hunt thing, so if anyone does have a little experience please don’t hesitate to cut me off. I also don’t know the big game here either, I’ve only seen the deer and maybe a moose,

He paused thinking, maybe he shouldn’t have been the one to call a pack hunt if he didn’t know all of this stuff?

If anyone has any suggestions on what to hunt?

He looked around at his new friends, Princess was even now his friend, although he knew nothing of her, she seemed nice enough, even her name sounded sweet, so why wouldn’t she be? Niro’s nature was always like that though, friend to everyone until they turn on him. He waited, thinking how nice it would be to have a bird already trained, looking through the sky for some game

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
300+
[html]

She had not realized that his egg had been so close to hatching already. She was glad to hear he had been able to hatch the egg and no had the chick he had been so excited about. "Oh wow, it hatched already then. Congratulations!" It was long at all and they were joined by another. Of coarse she recognized the optime man immediately. Her tail tapped the ground behind her lightly, a smile creeping across her maw. "Hi Anatoliy." It was nice to see him, but she found herself wishing now that she had come to the gathering in her two legged form as well, instead of Toliy seeing her in her brutish halfling form. She wasn't given much time to worry over it though as moments later a third appeared. A small woman, at least in comparison to the rest of the rather large crowd. "Nice to meet you Princess, I'm Anann."

It seemed the had enough know for a decent hunting party and Niro set things into motion. He seemed nervous, offering to give of the reins to someone with perhaps a little more experience. Anann didn't feel she would do any better of a job than the young man. She was sure he would do fine and he would need the experience for when he had his birds ready to help with the hunt. She glanced around at the others, seeing what their reactions were. "Deer, Elk maybe. I'm not a picky eater." Anann said in an attempt to be helpful, though it mattered little to her what there prey was to be. She hadn't really taken much of a tally on the large game. Hunting mostly on her own she had kept to smaller animals. I nice large hide would be nice though for replenishing her leather supply.

<style type="text/css">
.Allifree004 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#a4b4cd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Allifree004ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a4b4cd; text-align:right;}
.Allifree004 {margin:0 auto; width:360px; background-color:#717f99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree4-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262602; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#262602; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... toltab.png); background-color:#165eaa; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">300+

The light smile directed toward Anann faded as he heard footsteps in the brush. Golden eyes darted to the location of the sound. Another woman came by, and the Russo did not know who she was. It was not surprising that he did not; he had not made an effort to know everyone in the pack yet, and he felt he would never bother to. He did not wave or call out to Princess, instead nodding his head at her. It seemed as though the leader of this particular hunt was ready to get the hunt going, but he also seemed new to this game. Anatoliy himself was not the most experienced player of this kind of game, but he also knew that he could not lead a small group of people like this in a hunt, not when it was not his forte. No way was the Russo going to take this over.

Anatoliy was amused; so the leader of the hunt did not know what they were supposed to be hunting. That would definitely prove to be entertaining, though he hoped it would not be long before they got a target, otherwise dissension would be sure to follow. "Anyzhing. I eat vhat I get," He was a fisherman, so land meat was more appreciated and more savored, though it was beginning to lose its glamor when it was the majority of his diet here. Before he found his family, he had fished in Halifax's harbor and caught the occasional rabbit in the park if he was not up to fishing. But here, it was so much easier to find small game in the trees, even if they lived so close the sea in Lunenburg. "I just vant somezhing to catch. I am not picky eizher," he added, eying Anann. There was not much else he could add, so he simply let himself sit there, watching the others and glancing sidelong at the woman.

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> Short and stuff, sorry. ^^;

Princess felt incredibly small compared to the rest of those gathered, especially so because she had adopted her four-legged form. Even in her optime form, Princess was generally much smaller than those around her. It did not tend to bother her—she thought the daintiness added to her loveliness—but she did feel strangely out of place among the larger members of her pack now. She shouldn’t, considering how much larger her own mate was than her, but the fact of the matter was, she was uncomfortably aware of her own very small stature. Golden eyes moved from each unfamiliar face in turn. “Hi Niro, Anann…” she said, trailing off. The third member of the small party had not introduced himself, and she felt herself mentally scoff at the rudeness she perceived. She did not show that, of course.

“I’ve never really hunted with anyone else, and I’ve never really hunted anything big,” she admitted sheepishly, “so I’m not really picky about what we get.” The underlying message of that was that she might need some direction, since she did not have much experience hunting, let alone in a group of four. It should prove interesting, at least.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

WC: 360

OOC: ok, so bare with me, any REAL advice about this anyone could give me would be great hahahaha, shaw is no good at leading Tongue so Niro is bound to do something stupid O.O

-------

It seemed no one cared much what they ate and seemed to want Niro to keep leadership of the hunt, it seemed that all four of them were wet behind the ears, well all the more challenging, he stood up on all fours. Unlike Anann Niro never mastered his Halfling form preferring to be in just his wolf or bipedal. He thought as they mentioned how they were definitely not picky about their food. That was good, he smiled glad they all seemed to be on the same page “I don’t care as long as it’s food” thought.

Well it’s first come first hunt then. I have never really hunted with two legs, and I don’t think I want the experience, so I think we should change into our uh… natural forms, if you don’t want to though, that’s ok, we can work things out.

He said nervously. It was going to be challenging for sure, it was his first true pack hunt, at least with more than two wolves, and hopefully he’ll be able to get something for the pack to feast on.

He waited for them to speak their minds before he nodded for them to follow him, he wasn’t a small wolf, and he was nowhere near as quick as his sister was. He wasn’t bad at being stealthy though. He jogged away from the hotel, making sure the others were right behind him, leading them to the wooded area near the cliffs. He stopped as soon as they entered the thin brush, letting everyone catch up. He was excited about this hunt, this would undoubtedly be his co rank, hunting, in parties, hopefully not with him as a leader the entire time though. His ears were perked listening for any sounds of wildlife, he could hear some but they were small creatures, the larger ones would be more into the forest, but he wanted to make sure everyone caught up before they moved further in. from here they’d have to be quiet, and Niro didn’t want to blow the hunt for everyone by getting overexcited.

300+
[html]

wanted to get a reply up for this before I left for the weekend...obviously didn't happen >.<

Every once in awhile Anann caught glancing at her. Of coarse this meant she was making glances of her own. Although the moments when their eyes actually happened to meet she would grin a bit sheepishly before quickly finding something else to look at in the near opposite direction. Or her feet, as she extended the claws of one foot. Watching as the nails dug slightly into the dirt. Yes, very interesting. Naturally she would have to glance again shortly after. Just to see if he was still looking or not.

It seemed no one really cared what their prey was to be. Which was just as well. Whatever they came across first should suffice. So long as it was large enough for the four of them without being too large. Anann preferred hunting in her secui form. Though she thought it rather unattractive, if not bulky. Typically appearance was something of little concern for the amber hued woman, but given current company she was feeling slightly self-conscience about it. A very rare sensation for the woman. She found her self experiencing it more and more though lately. Still she preferred it greatly to the rather petite (in her mind) lupus form. Especially if they were going to be tackling large game.

She gave a simple nod of agreement to Niro's statement having nothing more to say for now. Anann followed Niro as he set off. It wasn't long before they got to their apparent hunting grounds. She hadn't thoroughly explored the pack lands as so it wasn't a huge surprise that it was an area she wasn't familiar with. When they stop she put the olfactory senses to work. There was definitely game to be had, it was just a matter of spotting it before it spotted them now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
mmm meat

Anatoliy sighed as the hunt leader suggested they hunt in four legs. How backwards. "Excuse me." He rose, disappearing into the woods for a moment. It was less for privacy than it was for storing his things somewhere more secure. He would've run home, but that was a bit too far for his liking and he would come back more tired. Instead, he came back without his jeans and knife and in a form he did not enjoy using. He did not like his Secui form at all, having used it once and despised its bulkiness instantly. He was already stupidly tall and wide at the shoulders; he did not need to be a huge block on four legs. It was far from flattering. In his lupine form, at least he looked normal, instead of some drugged up thing. He was big, but not as big as he could have been. Whatever. But he did feel naked without the familiar feel of jeans against his hips.

They set off, and the Russo followed easily. He was still decent enough in his lupus form, despite having spent the majority of the past year or so in Optime. Attacking something in a group was going to be tricky, but he bet that instinct would take over easily. The group stopped before going deeper into the woods and Anatoliy was lighting panting. When was the last time he went for a jog? God, pack life was making him weaker after the rigors of life aboard a seafaring vessel. He needed to start taking jogs or something.

Little animals were around, but they were always around. It was not something exactly new in the area, but it was not big game, which was the whole point of this hunt. Licking his chops, the Russo eyed the blurry distance, wondering what tiptoed there. What kind of antlered animal would they find? He smelled creatures that had already gone by, but it seemed old. It seemed, to him, that the big game would not bother going to the sea, as there was nothing for them there. It was really more for the luperci to be lopping about here. Anatoliy slipped into the woods, wondering if Niro would reprimand him for doing some scouting. Surely if he could sneak around and find something, this would go a lot faster.

<style type="text/css">
.graydream b {font-weight:normal; color:#9994ae; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.graydreamooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#25223c;}
.graydream p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.graydream {margin:0 auto; width:385px; background-color:#4b485b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... mtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #36324a; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#36324a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> Sorry for the super wait! D: This is very short, as well. >_>

Princess was, by far, the smallest member of their hunting party. She did not think that she was the youngest, for Niro seemed to be younger than her, but she certainly looked it, given her size. Though she was not willing to vocalize it in such basic terms, she expected she was probably the worst hunter in this group, as well. Princess was glad that she'd had the presence of mind to remove her clothing and change into her four-legged form before coming to the small gathering, as she would have haded to change in front of them. She trotted after the others, keeping close to Niro, hoping he would be able to give her silent direction since he seemed to have a decent amount of experience hunting in a group.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I blame Gen for this :|

As expected the other’s followed him, which was ok with him as he knew once they start having to use signals to maneuver into place, but once he stopped Anatoliy had gone past him, silently, Niro frowned not knowing what the male was doing, he knew his friend was quiet but to not say much was rather unnerving, he looked at the others, then back to the spot he’d last seen Anatoliy, and crept forward towards it, following the lone wolf who didn’t want to stop. Well if he took over that would be great but he knew better, his new friend was too much of a loner to do that. Well things would happen and hopefully they’d catch themselves something, he kept quiet the whole time, his head below his shoulders, and tail only moved to help him maneuver through the trees and brush that was in the woods. He wasn’t sure how close he’d gotten to his friend and he could smell the others behind him, but if he saw a rabbits ears in the wolfs mouth, well he would be unhappy as Anatoliy more than likely wouldn’t hunt with them, which made him wonder why he came to the call, but he’d find out soon enough.

300+[html]

some pp on princess and if anything ANYTHING needs changed just pm me!

Anann watched the men curiously as first Anatoliy and then Niro headed into the thicker brush. Nothing had been said and she was not exactly sure what was going on or if there was even a plan at this point. She was reluctant to follow, tossing a glance at the smaller woman. Then looking in a different direction than the males had gone. Afraid their little parade would draw too much attention if the all took the same path. Her ears strained forward as she listened to the subtle and unavoidable sounds made by Toliy and Niro pushed forward. After a few moments she too headed on in but taking a different path. Olfactory senses working to find prey before ears and eyes could. She looked behind her to she if Princess had followed. With any luck they could find something and push it towards the males already deeper in.

The scents of smaller animals were abundant but they were after something large enough to feed them all. Strangely enough hunting had been prohibited in her homeland. Anann had been allowed to hunt as much as she desired but that had always been alone. She was an excellent stalker and instinct made up for what experience she lacked. It didn't take too long for her to find a fresh scent of a doe. She tracked it as close as she dared. Before Anann could spot her she heard a snort of alarm. An amber audit turned locating the source. She was barely visible though the undergrowth but it appeared to be a large doe. Anann could only hope the guys had heard it as well. As it was impossible to tell which group had startled her. Anann glanced at Princess and with a nod of her head signaled the woman to come at the doe from a different angle than herself. As the crept silent into position the doe stomped a cloven hoof and snorted again. It was best they acted quickly before she made a break for it. Another glance at the Chance woman and a slight nod and they busted through the undergrowth towards the doe. With a leap the doe kicked out catching Anann in the shoulder. Pain turned to rage and Anann snarled snapping her jaws at the doe. She had hoped to maybe grab hold of a leg but her teeth caught her flank. Leaving Anann with a mouthful of coarse hair as canines racked the deer's flesh. Hopefully they were pushing the doe towards the ready jaws of the males. If they too had heard the snort. If not they could surely hear them crashing through the timber now.

<style type="text/css">
.anann15 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#89978d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann15ooc {text-indent:0px;font-style:italic; padding:5px; Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#141d1d; text-align:left;}
.anann15 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.anann15 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#1f2d2d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... nann15.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #141d1d; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#121a1a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
mmm meat

He slipped under the brush, watching out to refrain from making noises. His paws slid over the ground, avoiding the sticks and crunchy undergrowth. Noise was definitely not something he wanted to make here. The scent of deer was in the air, but it was hard to locate where it was exactly. The herd must have passed through here or were nearby. But which was it? He could not hear any of the others following behind him and he wuffed slightly at it, sampling the air with deep inhales. Where were they, those damned deer? This form, while feeling natural, still felt bulky to the Russo, so he tread with caution. Even in this form, he could still be caught unawares by a deer and end up with a hoof through his skull or breaking his spine.

He heard the cry of the doe nearby, ears perking up instantly. They found one! Anatoliy growled, heavily weaving through the bushes, feeling the branches scratch at his fur in vain attempts to cut the flesh. Suddenly, the Russo heard the crashing of the others as the twigs beneath snapped. He saw movement and then the doe appeared, with the two women in tow. It seemed as though there were no bites on the doe yet. That meant that they had just found her. Anann attempted to grab at the doe but missed. It was a good try. From his position, he ran at the deer straight on, body twisting to match the direction of the movement. He snapped at the doe's front left leg, biting at the flesh nearest the body. He managed to get a hold of the skin by the tips of his teeth, but the creature jerked out of his teeth as she managed to get a tree between him and her. His teeth had broken the skin a little, but it had done nearly nothing to slow the creature down. He growled again, tasting the few drops of blood on his tongue.

<style type="text/css">
.graydreamooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#25223c;}
.graydream {margin:0 auto; width:385px; background-color:#4b485b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... mtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #36324a; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#36324a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> Sorry, been on absence. :< And PP is fine!

Princess was about as inexperienced with hunting as a young puppy was, particularly group hunts. Though her petite size was mostly due to her general stature, a small part of her very small size could also have been attributed to not having the proper nutrition when she was young. It had only been her and her brother, after all, and they had both been too young to hunt much of value. While the two males moved forward, Anann seemed interested in making sure she kept up, and Princess followed her dutifully. She did not mind taking orders or following directions, in this instance of time. They all seemed to know much more about hunting than she did, and pride was set aside.

When the indication was given, Princess moved at the doe from a different direction than Anann did. Princess charged at the prey creature, snapping at it but missing. When the deer kicked out at Anann, however, Princess backed away for a moment. She was not willing to get hurt, and what if it gave her a scar or something? That would not be okay. She resumed the chase again as they herded the doe to the men, and the Chance woman hoped that they would be able to catch her quickly.

Table by Anna!
[/html]
[html]

Niro had only been experienced in solo or duo hunting so this was quite different. He was still quite annoyed that Anatoliy had left the group and once he followed him the girls had left too! Well he was only one wolf and he decided to keep following Anatoliy he hurried to catch up to him and when he was about a few feet from him he stopped and heard the doe and the two females chasing it towards them… brilliant! He hurried to catch up, and saw Anatoliy grab at the doe’s back leg when she bucked, she lost a little balance at the tree but kept going and the other three were chasing her. Niro growled, it was pretty much up to him, he could try and turn her, scare her and hope the others would be able get a jump on her, or, he could go straight at her and try to grab her neck. He had to act quick, as she was upon him, and he was rather close to dangers way, when he lunged at her, trying to get her neck, but he’d missed, instead his claws caught onto her shoulder where he pulled her to her side, he knew the others would be on her any second, but he’d at least save the kill, he was on her backside in seconds, keeping her from getting up, but unable to get to her neck right away.

[html]

sorry its short but dont wanna hold this up while on vacation =)

The coarse hair left in her mouth caused Anann far more annoyance than the discomfort in her shoulder from the kick she had received. The adrenaline overshadowing any pain it might have brought. She would feel it later though as it was already beginning to swell. She paused only slightly as she pushed than tan fibers from her mouth scraping her tongue on her teeth to keep as much as she could from returning to her maw.

The doe was putting up a good fight. Such a creature could easily out maneuver the wolves but they had the advantage of numbers. Having broken away from Anatoliy she was not so lucky as Niro lunged. Jaws may have missed their target but she was down and it took only moment for the hunting party to close in on her. Anann had easily gained lost ground. Launching herself onto the hoofed beast as she went down. Her large jaws squeezed on the beasts spine. A sickening crunch as the pressure broke bone, a kick from the rear legs no longer a threat. The coppery taste of blood flowing between her jaws.

<style type="text/css">
.anann15 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; color:#89978d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann15ooc {text-indent:0px;font-style:italic; padding:5px; Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#141d1d; text-align:left;}
.anann15 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.anann15 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#1f2d2d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... nann15.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #141d1d; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#121a1a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
killshot

Niro managed to slow the creature down where the Russo had failed. That little bite he had given had done nothing, but at least Niro and Anann managed to get the creature down and crippled. Princess seemed hesitant at moments, perhaps of fear of injuries. Anatoliy growled as he heard the crunch of bones as the golden woman broke the doe's spine, ceasing its attempts to rise, back feet useless as anything else. The creature still cried out in fear, agony, and desperation. But it was all for naught as the small group had her good and pinned, which meant she was as good as dead.

But he felt a bit bad for her, in pain and agony, still threshing a little bit. Anatoliy stepped as fast as he could, oddly lithe for his size, to the doe's neck. His jaws shut on her throat, feeling the weakening pulse beneath the creature's skin. Shutting his eyes, he closed his bite completely and pulled, blood spilling from the hole torn in her neck. The Comte pulled away, tongue lolling out of his mouth as the blood seeped onto the ground. It tasted warm and salty on his taste buds, but he just watched the doe die; life flickered out of her eyes. He backed up from the corpse, shaking out his fur a bit as his heart rate went back down to normal.

"Zhat was exhilarating." Golden eyes moved onto Niro, who had started this little party of theirs, to see what he wanted them to do now. Would they carry it back to cook somewhere? Or just eat and then carry? Anatoliy was not used to the way their ancestors did things, considering he had been raised on cooked meat and ranched livestock and fish from the sea. Not that he was a prissy kind of guy. He was just unsure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... esstab.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;"><style>.princess-ss b {color:#DB8B34;}</style> WotD: Macabre!

Trotting after everyone else, Princess held back once more as she heard the sickening crunch of bones between Anann's teeth. This was a part of why she only hunted small game. Their bodies were more fragile, and the sounds were not as loud, not as deafening. The idea that she might have been the one to deliver such a gut-wrenching bite as that one was not something that she wanted to entertain. Perhaps joining this hunting party had not been the best idea. Admittedly, the young Chance woman was feeling a bit unsettled at the macabre sight of the doe lying on the ground, her spine broken and blood pooling around her lifeless head. It was a very sad image in her mind. Did the doe have a family? Did they just rob a young, helpless baby of its mother? Princess blinked furiously, trying to figth away those thoughts. Maybe she should just stop eating animals, to prevent these sorts of thoughts.

Table by Anna!
[/html]