Riding a Dirtbike down a Turnpike [aw]
[html]
Not going to use my table until I can get HTML figured out again...lol. BB Code has crippled me these last four years.

OOC Name: Cricket/Gabrielle
Preferred method of contact: AIM: Kagenuki
Character Name: Thanos Niire
Character Age: 6 years
Character Gender: Male
Desired Profession Path, if any: Tsula Agateno
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Returning member

It had really been a long time, hadn't it? Close to four and a half years since Thanos had left. That would make him...about six, perhaps close to seven. Still, the memories were as fresh as yesterday, tucked and protected between those perked ears with the tatters of hair missing round their outer rims. He would look as youthful as he ever had, those teal eyes with their rings of toxic green, and behind those eyes he would wonder if that coloration still had any meaning anymore. If his father was around, surely he was old and incapable of causing anyone else any harm, if that intent was still in his heart.

That was if he was still alive, let us remind ourselves.

Thanos had trailed the outskirts of the lands carefully, taking care not to tread on one territory or the other. And while there were familiarities, this was a far cry from the lands he grew up on. Hardly anything was reminiscent. On occasion, he thought that he might get a whiff of someone he knew from way back when, but either just that quickly it would be gone, fleeting like the wind, or he would have to break himself of the hope that began flooding his heart, reminding himself that most things were too good to be true. The boy had left the lands, hoping to find himself and in turn find his place in the world. His siblings, though troubled, seemed to know their roles in the world. All except for him. He could not hunt. Could barely fight. He, at times, felt like a wolf only in the most academic sense. He had fallen out of another wolf, and that was all that made him so. He felt like he needed to leave what he knew in order to find what he did not. And so he did. Changed his mannerisms and left 'Thanos' in Jaded Shadows with his paints, beads, feathers and puppyish ways. He became 'Thanatos', in hope that in changing his name, he could change what was and what wasn't.

But he never needed to leave. It was his family that made him strong. It was his home that gave him character. The individuals and experiences there that built the framework. Everything that had happened, back on those lands in those days, had guided him exactly to this moment.
And so those cinnamon-tinctured paws would stop at this most recent land, nails nearly worn down to the quicks. Spots of blood marked the grass where pads were cracked and on their last legs from months of travel. The sash round his narrow chest, holding his paints and brushes smacked lightly into his ribcage as he came to a stop, coal black nose rising to take in a deep inhale. Lids fell back, revealing those hopeful eyes with their eager sparkle as his tail began to comb the air. This was it. Thanos was 'home'. The lands seemed to welcome him as well, a warm breeze embracing its son of the genus Canis, twirling the blue feather threaded through the earring in his right ear.

Mouth parted to let out a gentle beckon, as if to ask permission of the lands and its inhabitants to rest himself here, and in turn become of use again, to call himself 'brother'.
[/html]
[html]

I don't know if you remember or know, but I used to play Dierdre Rhiannon Big Grin

She was one of those who had come from the old lands, though she had been fairly young when the fires had taken her home away from her. Ember missed her old home and the old way of life in Storm, but she had accepted the reality of what had happened and had joined a stable group of wolves with a very peculiar and ritualistic lifestyle. She found the stability of being a part of a group again a relief, and she had become immediately drawn into and immersed in the ways and customs of the tribe. Ember had lived in AniWaya for over a year, now.

She was a warrior of this tribe, a protector of it, and wore a weapons-belt around her trim waist. It held a longsword, axe, and small dagger. Besides the belt she wore no other clothing, wary of the heat of the summer. Her hair hung straight and black over her shoulders, beads and feathers woven into it in an interesting pattern. She wasn't doing much on this day, just checking the border as she normally did. She'd already finished her morning training and was walking along the fence that lined this portion of the border, checking it for holes. Her son Lotus had chosen to stay behind in the den this day to sleep.

She heard a howl and her head snapped to one side, muzzle pointed in the direction from which it had come. It had been awfully close...her two paws took her forward toward the owner of the howl quickly, pale green eyes searching the terrain until she caught sight of him. The Danua Ihesdi raised a hand in greeting as she approached, clearing her throat. "I heard yer howl--thought I'd be th' closest, so here I am. What can I do for ya?" In this area the fence was more spotty, missing links in some places. She considered crossing to the other side, but kept her distance for now.

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]
I actually didn't know! I'm not sure I was around when Deirdre was a playable character! But I do thank you for playing Than's daughter and look forward to RPing with you!

No rush was needed regarding an answer from the lands. He could have stood at those borders forever, the wind lightly tousling his hair in such a manner as his mother used to. The scents that it ushered in were paints to the palette, splashing color over the desaturated background that was previously his existence away from his home and family. The scents of the other wolves, some of them vague in familiarity sketched vague stick figures of Fatin, Shaeniire, Mordulin, Chael, Tsunami and Hearse in his head, animating the shapes into life, that life into the joy that lit up the wolf's eyes like Christmas morning.

The wind whispered in Thanos' ear of another approaching scent, and so tattooed muzzle swung round to greet the oncoming female before she was even visible, teal eyes focused on the point at which she would emerge over the summit. A gentle smile pooled across the expanse of his muzzle as she made herself apparent, in her Optime form, no less. It was a form that Thanos only really indulged in for the purposes of painting and...other things, long since given up since he had left Hearse. Over the last few years, he had grown partial to his Secui form, particularly because it made him feel more powerful than he actually was.

Wuss.

But today, he was himself. His normally-leggy, still-small-for-a-male lupus form, wrapped protectively in a coat of the softest cinnamon, randomly tattooed and pierced in random, intermittent areas that would transfer over to the other forms. And he gazed upon Ember, lowering himself into a greeting bow slightly reminiscent of a play-bow, though more fluid and elegant.
"Thank you." he answered brightly, still grinning. "My name is Thanos Niire. Former Spaher of Jaded Shadows. I...I tried to go home. But it wasn't there."
He cast his gaze down slightly. What had happened.
"This place smelled the most familiar. I was wondering...if I might be able to stay here. I have a number of talents. I'm an artist and a storyteller. I also have the nose of a world-class scout, not to brag or anything."
Thanos grinned bigger, in spite of himself. That boy was never going to grow up.
[/html]
[html]

Lol! I also played Addison D'Angelo-Soul, who was Dierdre's daughter. But she's gone away for a bit--I'm planning to bring her in as a third character in a few months Smile I had to drop two characters due to school and work a few months ago, and she was one of them. Her parents are Dierdre x Cerulean D'Angelo. And she was adopted by Jefferson Soul XD so she's a bit of everything I suppose. And you too!! This was rather quick--welcome to AniWaya! Would you like her to show him some places to live?

She was both happy and sad that Lotus had chosen to stay home; this would have been a good learning experience for him, with greeting loners who approached the pack border. Some leaders might have been tense or unsure, but Ember tended to give people the benefit of the doubt. The AniWayans were a peaceful tribe, and she wouldn't react to anything with aggression unless it first attacked her.

The tall sub-leader looked across the fence line to where he stood. His scent was foreign to her, and she wondered from what lands he had come. She was always up for hearing stories of what other places were like, having spent her entire life in this general area.

The foreigner spoke and she listened carefully to be sure that none of his words were lost in the wind. A breeze was blowing steadily through the forest, making a rumbling in her ear every few seconds. She thought that she heard him say two very familiar words and she frowned for a moment before answering. Perhaps she had heard wrong. "I haven't heard those two words in a while--Jaded Shadows, ya say? I was more've a Storm wolf, myself. Born and raised. Up until the fire, anyway."

He had mentioned that it hadn't been there. Ember had been wondering how long it took a forest to regrow, and it seemed that she had part of her answer now. A really long time. "The name's Ember Phoenix, by the way. Hmm. The fire took everything, from what I heard. I ran over here joined a few different packs that came and left, then found this tribe in its very beginnings and joined up. These are the lands belongin' to the AniWaya tribe"

He told her of his skills without her even having to ask, and she smiled and nodded. "World-class, huh? I don't see how I could pass a nose like that up. We have a rank here for Scouts--the beginning tier of it is called the "Tsula Agateno" rank. She said. It was a quick thing, this process, for a wolf who had already been a part of a pack before. He probably knew what she had been about to ask before. "We could use some more scouts..I can't be everywhere, with my pack duties and my son ta care for." Ember nodded once more. "Welcome to the tribe."

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.