picture perfect smiles
Should we assume that Alarice already knows that Endymion is at the Mountain Pack?

[html]

A brownish-red form could be found sitting with her knees tucked up into her chest, and arms wrapped around them on the sandy beach of lightning bay, sitting far enough away from the oceans waters to not get sprayed as they came roaring in to crash against the sand, but sitting close enough to view the spectacle of the foaming water twisting up, then rearing to crash back down with a sound that could only be described as thunder. Alarice had wandered out to the Bay late morning, a small blue shawl wrapped around her fur clad shoulders to help keep her warm from the Autumn chill that had started to wrap over the lands.

The beach was certainly a spectacle to her this day; although some might not share her same appreciation for it on this late Autumn morning. Gray clouds hung in the sky with false threats of rain, the ocean reflecting the gray of the sky as the dark blue, and white rimmed waters thrashed about in turmoil. It was a beautiful sight to her green and blue eyes.

Alarice was deep in thought, thinking of how happy her life had been since finding the Great Mother and her children at the Mountain Pack. Life was certainly never boring in the cavern the Kali's called 127.0.0.1 with small children under foot, and Alarice enjoyed every minute of it. Today though she wished to escape the crowded atmosphere for just a moment to take in the fresh air, and enjoy the scenery of her new 127.0.0.1 and its surrounding lands. A contented smile had already spread its way onto Alarice's feminine features, curly black hair falling forward as she rested her chin on her crossed arms. There was certainly much to be happy for.

[/html]
[html]

Sure. Smile

It had been a little over a week since he was accepted back into his birth pack, and he hadn't seen or heard of Alarice the entire time. The guilt of leaving her along their journey together sprouted and grew until he finally determined that he had to seek her out. Since it was early, Endymion escaped the children as they slept and snuck away from the lands for the second time. This time, however, he had a fully-baked purpose in mind. Following her familiar scent, the young man jogged easily, for Lightning Bay was only a short distance from their home. Yet another reason why he loved the territory over Ashen Mountain so much; the only thing he loved more than mountains was the beach, and Lightning Bay was nestled between his home and Conquest Bluff.
Heavy clouds were roosting in the sky, which was disappointing. He was looking forward to the sunrise. The son-of-a-pirate could recall dazzling light bursting over the horizon, setting fire to the vast body of water. But, he supposed rain would be alright for the time being. He caught sight of his Aunt at last, and would have called out to her if the waves had not been as cacophonous as they were. Never-the-less, he reached her quickly and flung himself onto the sand by her side. Endymion lay there for a few moments, panting quietly. "Hey," he offered lamely, his voice sounding oddly weak next to the thunderous noise of the waves.

[/html]
Damn! Its been a month. >>; I suck.

[html]

She was surprised by the sight of her nephew as he flung himself down beside her, and a kind smile replaced wide eyes as she twitched her ears forward to catch his voice through the waves. Hey Endy, she said fondly, feeling as if they were back on their journeys again and were settling down to rest and chat. They were not though, and they had finally met up once again, this time with more family to add to Alarice's swelling heart.

Thought I'd never get a chance to talk to you, with those damn kids running around rampant all the time. She said, speaking over the roaring of the crashing waves with a smile that revealed she was to fond of her new little nephews and nieces to truly damn them for anything they did. So how have you been? She finally asked, bringing her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them and resting her chin down upon them as she looked over at Endy with an emerald, and blue eye.

[/html]
[html]

nawww.

The red w0lf chuckled at her comment, knowing well that her affinity for the children was just as strong as his. Alarice, however, had been in _Jaded Shadows longer than Endymion, and was fully aware of their tireless energy; the two-year-old was still delighted by it, but he would soon learn. Falling silent at her question, he propped himself up on his elbows and fiddled with a small black shell. It reminded him of the time he traveled to _Inferni as a child, and ended up in a brawl with some young c0y0te pup. What had he said his name was? The only thing he could really remember of the boy was his black eyes, his biting sarcasm, and his bite in general. Little did he know that the child was a son of the woman who had killed his father Salvaged. Funny how things worked.
Finally, he sighed. "I didn't find him," Endymion stated, tossing the shell away. He spoke the words without emotion, but his brow furrowed slightly. He figured Alarice would know he was talking about Thorn, so he left out the name. He didn't really want to say it anyway. In the packlands, his cheerfulness was like a front to the disappointment he was feeling, but he didn't feel comfortable talking with anyone else about the situation, save for his aunt. And now that they had time to talk, he wasn't sure if he wanted to at all.

[/html]
[html]

Alarice watched the small black shells path as Endy tossed it, silent for a time with her eyes fixed upon the small dark object a few feet away. Endy had seemed so sure that he had finally caught his fathers trail, and hearing Endy say he had not found him surprised Alarice. Letting her eyes travel back to her nephew Alarice raised her head and offered a small smile. Perhaps you were not meant to have found him. Not everything can turn out the way we would have liked or envisioned, that is the downfall of fate sadly. Having noticed his small frown she did not bother to press the situation further, and quickly changed the subject.

Besides, you have me and your mother, and a bunch of young siblings running around to keep you occupied. Chuckling she looked back towards the ocean. Maybe you'll even find a lady friend to keep you on your toes. She added, glancing sidelong with a coy expression in place.

[/html]
[html]

Endymion had to admit to himself that Alarice was right. If it was meant to happen, he would find his father. He just wished he could find him as quickly as possible. Running his hands through his hair, messing it up in the process, he looked back to his black-haired aunt. He returned her smile, nodding. He was extremely lucky to have what family he did. How greedy he had been, to want more when he already had so much. "You're right," he stated with a sigh. He was truly lucky.
At her second statement, his smile disappeared quickly, being replaced with an almost horror-struck expression. The young man had no experience with women at all! Plus, he just knew he would make a fool of himself. His stutter would probably kick in at the wrong moment, or he would do something completely stupid. But that didn't mean he didn't think about it from time to time, having a "lady-friend." Bashfully, the russet wolf looked away again, trying to conceal his smile. "Oh, I don't know, Alarice," said Endymion, picking up another shell. "I doubt any girl would wanna keep me on my toes."

[/html]
[html]

Of course i'm right, she said haughtily, raising her chin a bit in the process. Your aunt is always right! The last was side with a poorly hidden smile as she gently elbowed Endy in the arm to show she was kidding. Alarice was quite wise when it came to these things, but would rarely openly admit it that she was right in a serious manner. When Endy's smile disappeared Alarice was quite surprised, and she offered a risen brow to his horror-struck expression. What? Was the expression on her face, wondering what she had said or done for Endy to look so taken aback. When he looked away and finally spoke Alarice could help but laugh and give a small shake of her head. You'll see. Young ladies are crawling all over in search of a handsome, and nice young lad like yourself. She said, giving him a wink.

I myself once prowled the lands for such a lad, she began, but now in my old age, she said in a mock aged voice, trying to wrinkle up her forehead and eyes. I have learned that they are extremely hard to come by and one has to use special magics to find them. She joked, looking back over the ocean with the most serious expression she could muster on her face.

[/html]
[html]
sorry for making you wait so long!

Endymion chuckled, unable to help himself. He respected his aunt a lot more than she probably realized. Alarice had helped the amber boy come out of his shell, though he still had a long way to go yet. She had almost been like a mother to him for that year he lived in Awenasa. So, in a way, Fatin and Alarice both had a divine glow about them in his eyes.
The pirate-son mimicked his aunt's action and gazed upon the vast ocean before them. What if he did find a girl? What if they fell in love, and produced children of their own? He could imagine how proud Fatin would be, to have grandchildren running around. The preservation of the Kali-Nakado line was important to Endymion, about as important as actually keeping his family physically safe. The trouble was, he didn't know any available women. So, for the time being, that problem would go unsolved.
"Oh really?" he asked, giving her an amused smile. "And what 'magics' might those be?" Knowing her, she probably had a a few tricks up her sleeve.

[/html]