Born of Snow
[html]

300+

Maria’s sleek frame seemed to glow as she strode across the barren lands of McNamara’s Landing. Her senses were alert as she eyed the tangled metal of the downed cargo jet. She snorted in disgust at the sight of their creation, forever cursed to lie among the sand of the Crimson Dreams’ lands. Humans were vile and thankfully, their tyranny was destroyed along with their greed for power. The fea’s lilac eyes searched the horizon for signs of life but all they picked up were the slight movements of taiga grasses and shrubs. She had traveled from farther north, where snow and ice reigned for most moons. Restless, Maria decided to leave her birth pack. Maria’s mother cursed the grey wolf blood that ran through her daughter’s veins, the blood of the Were that had courted her and led her astray. If you were to look at the she-wolf, you would never know she was half grey wolf… or a Luperci for that matter. All her physical characteristics were passed from the Arctic Wolf lineage of her mother.

Tired, she decided to lie in the wreckage’s shadows. It had been half a day since Maria had rested and her muscles were beginning to pain the fea, food had also come days ago and her stomach growled in protest of its emptiness. Maria had no idea what she was searching for or how close her journey was to being over. All she knew now was the loneliness of a wanderer. Hunting and feeding alone, having no one to speak to… having no one to sleep next to. Maria laid her head on her paws as she drifted into blurry consciousness. She could sense the presence of wolves in these lands and all around these lands. Their scents and markings were scattered throughout. Perhaps one would notice the wanderer, but she did not care. Dreams are where our fantasy come real and we can be anything or anyone. Maria wished to be free of her curse, or to learn to embrace it as a gift. Being young is so troublesome, yet ignorance is bliss.

[/html]

Character Name: Maria Shamus
Character Birthdate (including year): December, 05 2008
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Infected with Luperci
Species: 50% Grey Wolf[Father] / 50% Arctic Wolf[Mother]
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). AIM- Jurassic_girl19
Currently played characters: No others
How you found 'Souls: Google
[html]

Welcome to 'Souls & to Crimson Dreams. I'm Alli :]

Don't mind Mati, she's a bit protective at first ^^

It was early, before dawn broke that the Major rolled under her blankets, her arm reaching out onto the cold bedding and finding the void that lived there. It caused the femme to rise immediately, not wanting to linger with wishes that would not be fulfilled in her room, alone. She needed to patrol, a morning ritual that she had started the day after the old barn collapsed a rough month ago. She had felt the need to do more, to preserve the pack that she felt were in jeopardy that day.

The fey shifted to her four legged form, exited the large Manor that the pack shared and headed north. They all had their responsibilities, and hers had yet to leave the security of their mother’s watchful eye. The Commander’s pups were still too young, and Mati was happy to allow the mother to keep the trio under her wing until she desired a break. The Nanny would be there, ready to sweep in and fulfill her co-rank.

The female kept her nose to the ground, ears forward, eyes scanning the underbrush, but her mind was far away. It danced through warm memories, floating away from the current landscape and to her heart’s true desire. The misplaced attention made the new, unfamiliar scent jump out at her unexpectedly. Mati paused, her large form becoming tense. The brown wolfess walked tentatively, stalking the scent until it was overpowering.

Bright purple gaze looked on, a white form in the near distance. It did not seem right for the stranger to ignore their borders and feel enough at ease to feel asleep. It did not see right to the pack wolf and she knew that such a thing needed her attention without delay. She had the pack to protect, she had someone special to care for, and Mati needed to protect her more then anything.

Do you know where you are? The Major asked, her voice bold and loud to wake the seemingly slumbering female.

<style type="text/css">
.Mati21a b {font-weight:bold; color:#8a567c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Mati21aooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8a567c; text-align:right;}
.Mati21a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Mati21a {margin:0 auto; width:334px; background-color:#fff5ff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ati013.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #feddf2; padding: 135px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#b47d9c; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1.5px; line-height:13px; width:329px;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

300+

Maria’s radars perked and she was dragged from her near sleep as another animal approached. She cursed herself for allowing drowsiness to take her, but long journeys takes a lot out of younger wolves and fatigue was inevitable. Both way, she had been spotted and the scout approached boldly. The early morning light of the sun reflected white off the fea’s unmarred pelt as she stood to confront the wolf. The large she-wolf grizzled appearance was a new experience for the yearling. Maria had never met a wolf of such large proportions. Her curiosity was drawn all over her face as she examined the fea from her spot under the broken wing. Her body did not relax though, it continued to be on high alert. The arctic’s tail stayed low and her eyes avoiding contact with the similar colored ones of her confronter.

The resolute statement shot at her amused the wolf. Of course she did not, it is not like there are signs and no canine has crossed her path for miles. Her answer, of course, was a little less defiant in tone. “No I do not. I have not made contact with a fellow lupine for a while… not since I left my birth pack up north. ” Maria’s expression changed as her mind swarmed with thoughts of her pack whom she’d deserted. “I am Maria Shamus.” Her voice trembled as emotion got the best of her usually indifferent demeanor. “I am aware that I have stumbled onto your pack lands, forgive my clumsiness but somehow I believe I was led here. I don’t know why.” Formalities had never been the fea’s forte but Maria tried her best not to piss the beast off. Although she was agile and accurate, able to hold her own in a fair fight, Maria had the feeling the other wolf had the upper hand on brute strength.

[/html]
[html]

i like your writing Big Grin

War’s siring brand had yet to cool upon these lands, the times were only now settling and they all needed to be weary. The Dreamers had not been in the middle of it all, but the knowledge of fighting packs had brought a new reality to them all. Things would not always be safe. The lack of a pack scent on the female did ease the Church female, but not enough to quickly embrace the stranger, and she kept the distance that had been laid out between them. Her presence did not go unnoticed, and the alabaster wolf rose to meet her. Purple eyes danced over her form, looking for the signs of injury that might had made it easier for her to trespass through a claimed land, seeking refuge. But there was no hint of blood on her and she stood with a veiled strength. Naturally the Major noted the lowered flags, and perked her own ears and her tail rose a notch or two.

Her voice came forth, an answer to Mati’s question, in the form of something that matched the tone of her body. It was not weak, she didn’t sense, but it explained a honest story. She was far, far from home. Such a thing would move any beast that longed to be back with their family. And Mati caught the tail end of emotion as she introduced herself. The Dreamer waited, noticing that she was not yet finished with her explanation, and listened intently. Her apology, matched with the stance of her form made the Major relax slightly. This is Crimson Dreams. The large female explained, talking a step forward. Bright gaze watched her still, examining her with her artistic eye. And I’m Mati Church, a Major here. She gave her name and rank with a warmer tone. She stopped her approach with a respectful distance between them, the bristled look of her form no longer there, tension released from her muscles.

It seems like you’ve come a long way. the artist began, knowing a long way was certainly an understatement for the artic blooded beast. We’re a peaceful pack here, welcoming to those that want the same. It was not every day Mati met a newcomer, but she knew how important it was to explain to anyone venturing past their borders that feuds and ill-will would need to be left to the past. Are you looking for a home? The question was given as she looked at the similar hued eyes of the white wolf.

<style type="text/css">
.Mati21aooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8a567c; text-align:right;}
.Mati21a {margin:0 auto; width:334px; background-color:#fff5ff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ati013.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #feddf2; padding: 135px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#b47d9c; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1.5px; line-height:13px; width:329px;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

Thanks. Still super rusty though.

300+

Maria watched wearily as the she-wolf’s body loosened its muscles and relaxed a little. Although only a yearling, Maria understood well enough that she was not completely out of the woods yet. More like a paw out, earning trust was troublesome business. If it had been a role reversal, the situation would be the same. Although Crimson Dreams was unknown to her, Maria admired how the Major spoke fondly of her pack. The arctic swayed under the intense stare of Mati’s gaze, being looked over so extensively was a little unnerving. The major, although rather large, looked young as well and Maria admired how such a wolf could have become ranked at her age. She must be very talented. Her own body seemed to ease itself as Mati left enough personal room between them for comfortable conversation.

It seemed Mati could understand Maria’s situation and it made her happy. Even with earlier tensions, it had been weeks, if not months, since the she-wolf had talked with another. What lonely and desolate times those were. Cold fingers seemed to grip her lungs as she thought of those days. It is not natural for wolves to live alone being the social creature they are. One cannot live without the pack and the pack cannot live without the ones who make it. That was the way she was taught to live by her dear mother. Up north, where large prey is the main food source, living without a pack is suicide. Luckily, Maria had learned some hunting tricks through her travels and managed, barely.

Mati’s question took her off guard. Do I want a home? She asked herself. Maria’s eyes ventured to the barren lands of McNarmara’s Landing and then towards the sky. It pleased her to think that, somewhere, her birth pack was underneath the same blue. They will go on without her and continue the legacy, but what is her purpose? “A home you say? What is home? Where our loved ones are, where we were born….. but how about where our futures lie?” Her mind’s eye flooded with vivid images of the past journey. She could not deny there was something about this land, these wolves, which drew her here. The greys were her other half, her blood brothers and sisters. The Luperci, which pulled her every full moon, which dragged her here, screamed with joy. “Yes, I believe I am home.” Her voice had become bold and powerful with understanding. Somehow, this would have been what father wanted.

[/html]
[html]

^^

Mati had never been anywhere else, never known a home beyond the borders of the Dreaming lands. She had been born to the last Commander, and grown up among the wolves that she now called family. Savina, the alpha female and Commander, had taken her birth mother’s place when she had fallen from grace. And Mati did not know another more capable leader. Then, Savina’s right hand was none other then Mati’s adoptive mother Anu. It was a close knit group, families that settled here and found a new life. She had sympathy for those that had to leave their blood, for her own had departed sometime ago, but she knew well how wonderful it was to find their replacement in creature such as those that lived here.

Maria spoke, a question for a question. The Church fey’s head rose slightly, wondering where it was that the pale female would be going with her spoke thoughts. The Earthen-toned wolfess listened, the riddle of sorts making sense to her, finding that he own future would forever be in Crimson Dreams. She would no doubt look as tired and worn as the Shamus wolf did if she were to try to find a new home. There was a pause, and the purple eyed canine remained silent, waiting for the true answer that would come from the other. It only took a moment, but her patience was thin and she almost rose to voice to ask once more. Maria spoke first, confirming that this was where she wanted to stay. It seemed that something deeper told the artic female that she was to reside here, something more powerful then just the wants and cravings loneliness brought. Still Mati knew her job was not done, they could provide what she sought. But the pack would need something as well.

Do you have any skills, knowledge that you might bring us in return for the home we can give? her tone was soft, welcoming still but there was a thread of seriousness coiled around each syllable.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

300+

The arctic’s face contorted with thought, her stop and brow scrunching up and creating lines. “I have never thought about my ‘abilities’. I suppose I am a good hunter and tracker. My mother said I took it up very well within my first hunts with the pack. I believe my greatest strength is in battle though.” Maria’s feathered tail swished. “Yes. Although, I probably will not need the talent here in Crimson Dreams. It is probably better that way. ” A shadow seemed to suck the life from her blue eyes as the she-wolf looked the horizons over once more, habit. “I usually find a diplomatic solution to problems but I cannot deny that fighting gives me pleasure. I suppose it’s like that for most of us though, the wolves.” Her tone was splashed with a masked feeling.

The wolfess returned her gaze to Mita. The surrounding area as desolate as ever. Sand dancing as the wind began to strengthen. “I am also what you call a Luperci. I’m not sure what it means exactly, but that’s what my father called the infection he passed to my brother and I.” Maria remembered the first day she and Castiel, her brother, had felt the pull of the moon’s haunting presence. None of the others had felt it, just them, and she remembered the horrified look on their mother’s face when they told her this. Before, Maria's mother said their father died while they were in the womb, she had hoped he had not passed it to their pups… but it was inevitable. Maria did not believe her at first, but as she went into detail about what their father had revealed to her about Luperci, the more Maria knew it was true. Castiel was disgusted with his mother and left a month later in search of his blood’s desires. Maria had soon followed, pulled by a similar need to search.. for something.

[/html]
[html]

yay! I'm going to welcome you now, get you a title and you'll be good to start/request threads.
I also play Anu, Mati's mother, so we can continue this thread, and speed them to meet Anu for an IC introduction or we can leave that it happened OOC. its up to you, PM me or let me know how you feel when you reply next.

She spoke, the words coming after a moment’s passing. Mati sat, ready to take what it was that Maria had to offer. Her beginning statement was not something that surprised Mati terribly. Many simply lived as a wolf, and such a thing was well enough, and abilities were simply surviving. But hunting and tracking were things that they would always need in new members. If a healthy young could not feed themselves it hurt the entire group. She gave a soft smile, encouraging her to continue. These things were not unsuitable, and Crimson Dreams very much needed those that could work to protect it, and to keep the peace that they all thrived on. The brown fey spoke, We can find a place for your talents, I am sure. Her voice was warm, and she grew eager to show the newcomer the Manor where they all lived.

Her next comment though, stopped Mati’s thoughts briefly. She had never heard of their unique blood in such a light, almost like a plague rather then a blessing. Her eyes watched the snow colored features of the other wolfess, and then spoke with warm understanding. Your in good company, we all are. She said with a small cock of her head. There was no reason for her to fear the ability become two legged; Mati could not imagine her life without such a gift. It had never really been something she disliked, frightened of perhaps when she was young, but there had never been hate there. Shall we go see my mother, she’s the Lt General and second in command here. Mati rose, her tail waving lightly, encouraging her to follow her back to the pack’s center. It was quite a walk, and she hoped that Maria would be up for it. She could rest in the Manor, where the landscape was not as harsh.

<style type="text/css">
.matiyourcolor b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a6461; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matiyourcolorooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#82737a; text-align:center;}
.matiyourcolor p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.matiyourcolor {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#dacbc8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... rcolor.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #82737a; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#82737a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.