out in the fields i saw you run
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Xion2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">
ooc: aw

It would seem at first that the wide-stretching fields were uninhabited. However, a closer look soon revealed a particular swaying in the tall grasses, and a flash of white fur every now and again. Little Xion was having the time of her life. There were so many things to see in the field. To her left, a grasshopper leaped by with a rush of small wings and legs, gone before she could even try to catch it. A spider, hanging immobile in its web, caught her attention next, and she sat watching it intently with her mismatched eyes. The pup soon grew bored of this, however, and bounded off in another direction to find something more exciting to play with.

She hadn't considered the fact that she wasn't quite sure how to get back home to the cabin. But for Xion, that didn't matter. She knew she was in Phoenix Valley still, and she felt safe here. The tips of her ears barely showed over the stalks of grass, effectively hiding her from the unobservant. This gave her the feeling that this field was her own hideout and no one would be able to find her. Except maybe her brothers. But she didn't have to tell them about it.

Xion's curious eyes soon picked up a flash of color, and she turned her head to focus on the butterfly that was flapping just over her head. Seeing this as a suitable challenge, the girl crouched down, waiting for just the right moment as she crawled through the grass. When the insect was right above her head, she sprung upward in an attempt to grab it. This, of course, failed. As she continued to leap at the butterfly, Xion didn't realize that doing so would probably keep her location from being a secret. But that didn't matter for now, as long as she was having fun.

[/html]
In her wolven form she moved swiftly through the trees. Because she got up there in her optime form she was able to see the leaves and the canopy above where as others did not think to. The freedom she felt within her heart and her soul was massive enough she often times felt like she was flying when she ran. Being so connected to her home and feeling that she knew every nook and cranny within it that it meant to her she was to guard it with her life. The past few days she felt as if though she was sick and had been having some odd crampings and she prayed that it would not be a miscarriage. Yes she had been raped some time ago and she only just noticed the bleeding coming from the area but she took it within stride knowing she was at least lucky to not have pups for being apothecary and having pups would be difficult for some she thought!

Soon enough she reached the edge of the trees and saw a flash of white which made her stop. On the other side of the trees was a rather large grassy field. She stood stock still like a feline would and kept her eyes on the grasses. Soon enough another flash of white appeared in the distance and Angel had to smile. It was a small white pup leaping in the air for the butterfly that flew above. Angel chuckled as she shifted to her optime, which took two minuets, and moved down the trunks of the trees and back into her wolven form. Unsure of what form this one was in she decided to keep in her first form to remain at least a little less intimidating. As she went in between the grasses she strained to see the white flash again and waited for movement.
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Xion2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

Xion was determined to get that butterfly. The flying insect seemed to be toying with her, fluttering just out of her reach. She pounced up into the air again and again failed to catch it. This continued on for a while before the colorful creature suddenly decided to land. Xion grinned and lowered herself closer to the ground in a stalking position. She hadn't noticed that what the butterfly had chosen as a resting spot was the remnants of some sort of old vehicle; a wagon. Of course, it just looked like a bunch of old boards to the young girl, as she had no idea what wagons even were or that there was one in the area. As she approached the butterfly, her smile widened and she prepared to strike.

When she finally came within pouncing distance, Xion sprang forward onto the pile of boards, right onto the area where the butterfly had landed. Unfortunately for her, the butterfly had flown away. More unfortunately, it wasn't just boards that she landed on. The little white-furred pup suddenly felt something sharp and painful enter her left foreleg. Thinking something had attacked her, she let out a yelp and quickly began to scramble away from the old wagon, only to find that the sharp painful feeling remained. Finally stopping to look down, she noticed what had happened--there was a small, rusty nail lodged in her fur! It was stuck in the back of her front left leg, where there was now a reddish tint to her ordinarily pure white fur. And it hurt. She was suddenly very scared. It hurt more to walk, but she wasn't anywhere near the cabin. Not knowing what else to do, she began to shout, "Is somebody here? Help!"

[/html]
Soon the screams reached her ears and she soon dashed forward dodging in and out of the blades of grass using her ears to pinpoint the location of the small white wolf. Blood soon hit her nose and knew she was in danger. As she slid to a stop the scene unfolded within her mind. It was apparent that the young pup was playing on the wagon and had gotten a rusty nail in the back of her leg. With the nail there, it would be dangerous for her and with the fact of the metals in the flesh it would make her very seriously sick. Angel had to act fast. Knowing she was close to home, she shifted to her middle form and used the speed of it to race to grab her bag of first aid supplies. After grabbing it she rushed back on the three legs while holding her box in her right hand and when she reached the grass she slipped into her third form and set the box down.

"Relax little one! I will help you."

Angel spoke as she looked at the now red fur against the white. "Lay down and let me see the leg." she asked as she opened up her box and went through it looking for certain things. She knew she would have to shave the fur back some to get a better view of the wound and so she brought out a small sharpened knife made from a rock and set it aside. Next she brought out herbs and bandages and set them aside as well as little wooden prongs to help keep the bandages in place. Once done, she brought out a bowl with a crusher to blend the herbs and things into a paste like form to spread it on the wound. She didn't mix these things up yet as she still needed to see the wound but once done placing the items out she looked to the young pup to see if she would be willing to let her look at it.
[html]

She was panicking. Would somebody save her? Would she be able to get back home? What would her parents and her brothers say? Looking around, Xion noticed what looked like another wolf moving in the grass nearby. But was it someone who would help her or someone who would hurt her? In this state she could easily be taken advantage of and attacked. She did not have time to focus on these thoughts, however, for almost as soon as she had begun thinking them someone else appeared out of the grass. The girl's frightened eyes looked over the black-furred female who approached her, and she sensed something calming about the wolfess. She promised to help, and for now Xion didn't really have a choice but to believe her.

Shaking a little, the white-furred girl did as she was told and laid down on the ground, holding out her leg. She watched, confused, as the other wolfess began taking all sorts of things out of her bag. Xion knew virtually nothing about healing and thus had no idea what the stranger was doing. Her voice quivering, she spoke quietly, "W-Will you make it stop hurting?" She whimpered slightly at the sight of the knife made of rock. That looked like a very dangerous tool. "D-Do you know my mama? Can you tell her it was an accident? I don't want her to be mad at me..." Of course, she didn't take into account the fact that she hadn't mentioned her mother's name or that everyone in the pack might not know each other, but all of her thoughts just seemed to be rushing out at once.

[/html]
As Angel began to look at the wound on the leg, she decided to keep the girl talking. It usually calmed the ones she was helping. "Of course I will tell her and make it stop hurting. Xeris is yer mother right? I had heard she had pups earlier. And you amazingly look like her so she will be easy to find. So tell me. What happened when you were on this contraption?" she asked as she took a quick look at it before going back to the leg. Taking her razor knife she carefully shaved the hair from the leg and looked it it. It was quite the puncture and the bleeding had continued. Placing a cloth gauze pad on the injury she held pressure on it for a moment. "It might hurt a little, but keep talking to me. Do you have any brothers or sisters?" she asked as her kind eyes remained bright and soft. As she waited for responses she occasionally checked the puncture and as soon as the bleeding stopped she began to look at it more intensely.

Finally she carefully placed the leg over linen bandages she had made and spread out the ends of it so wrapping would be easy. Going to her bowl and grinder she placed red berries and poison oak looking leaves in the bowl and began mashing them together until it was a light brown color. The aromatic smell of mush and earth was evident as she began to spread the mushy paste on the injury. "This paste will not only help the pain, but it will take the fragments of metal from the rusty nail out. One has to be careful when coming across something like this. Show me where you injured your leg?" Angel asked hoping that it was not a rusty nail but a gut feeling told her that it wouldn't be a clean one. If it were a rusty nail, Angel would have to come back periodically to make sure that the injury was not getting worse.
[html]
Today was another relaxing day in the Valley for the orange warrior Ty Trenton Nasphrite. the sun was high in the sky, the air was cool, but refreshing, and everything just seemed to radiate with life. Today, Ty traveled with a spring in his step today, enjoying the fresh air and wonderful weather the Valley was experiencing. Truly all the rain and cold was finally gone, and it was about time too.

However, Ty stopped when he heard a pair of wolves talking nearby, and of course without too much hesitation went to check it out. his ears twitched and turned to try and hear the conversation better, but he wasn't getting too many words. One sounded like she was young, and in pain, while the other voice sounded...familiar. Ty now quickened his pace to a trot until he saw the two wolves, and he immediately became much more reserved about talking to them. the child he didn't know, she was hurt, but seemed to be in good care. However, he also realized that Angel was there, the girl he couldn't save from her brutal rapist. The girl who, in the aftermath of the horrible crimes, watched his own violent episode as he killed Brutus with nothing more than his bare hands and a animalistic rage he even he was afraid to show. Nevertheless, he swallowed his doubts and approached the two of them, and spoke quite softly, unlike his usual tone. "H....Hey there." He began as he walked towards the two of them. "What's going on? Is that child alright?"
[/html]
[html]

ooc: shortish post aaaaaaaa

Xion was able to manage a small smile; it seemed that this wolfess at least knew who her mother was and that was a good thing. The little white pup did as she was told and held out her leg as she responded to the stranger's questions. "Yeah, that's my mama." She paused. "I dunno what happened, there was just this pointy thing and I guess I accidentally jumped on it," she said, referring to the nail in her foreleg. "Yes, I have two brothers. Delwyn and Carwyn." She wondered what her brothers would think of her now that she'd gone and gotten herself hurt while playing. Her mismatched eyes focused on the ingredients that the dark-furred wolfess was mixing; she had no idea how some leaves and berries would help but had no choice but to trust her packmate.

It was then that Xion heard the sound of someone else approaching; as she turned her head to look she was struck by realization. She'd seen this wolf before. He was one of her mother's friends, and he had captured an intruder on Valley territory. Her eyes lit up as she spoke to him. "Oh! Mister Ty! Hi there! It's me, Xion! You know my mama too, right?" It was comforting to see a face that was at least somewhat familiar to the girl. And she knew that everyone in the pack was friendly--or everyone she'd seen anyway--so what did she have to worry about?

[/html]
((GAwd! Sorry this took so long.))

Angel smiled and nodded. "Thats nice you have two brothers. What are they like?" she asked as she looked up to the young pup and saw the bleeding had now but all stopped and she was able to examine it further. Taking her fingers she spread the aromatic paste on the leg and began to spread it till it entirely covered the leg. Once done, she began to wrap the bandages around the leg just as Ty walked up.

She looked over and saw Ty and a brief hesitation arose but she forced it away and smiled. "Hello Ty! Yes this girl is fine. She ran into a rusty nail from the wagon over there from I think trying to catch a butterfly and injured her leg is all. She should be okay, but I would not suggest walking on it today." Angel spoke as she turned back to the girl and smiled. "It is just better that you don't so the leg has a chance to heal. I can carry you back if you need me to." Angel spoke knowing full well that it was her choice if she wished to walk back or not, but it was wise she kept all weight off of that leg for now. "Now because the nail was rusty, you need to let me know by tomorrow how you are feeling. Rusty nails when all the contaminants are out can make one sick if not fully treated. If you do not feel well tomorrow, please let me know." Angel spoke with a hint of importance in it. Turning back to the wagon she looked to find the nail after placing the wooden staple shaped pieces in the linen cloth to keep it in place. After looking and using her nose she found the nail and managed to pull it out to examine it. Indeed it was rusty and Angel shook her head and figured she would disassemble the wagon later on, at least from the nails, to avoid later injuries if some one else were to climb on it.
[html]
ooc: Ty's actually going to back out of this thread, in favor of keeping characteristically with another thread

"Your mother? Yes I know her." Ty said, addressing the child with relative ease instead of Angel, who he could barely stand to make eye contact with. "Yes, I know her, good woman, you should be proud to be a child of hers." He added with a flick of his tail.

By the body language and his refusal to sit down, it was obvious something was suddenly making Ty very uncomfortable, not in the way that he was disgusted by the two people here, which he was not. It looked more like he was simply wracked with guilt, he didn't want to stay, but he was forcing himself to out of pleasantry, but he couldn't keep that visage very long, he wanted to leave. He wanted to leave now, he was incredibly bothered by something, making his actions that of an anxious dog, pacing, erratic head movements, and just seemingly uncomfortable altogether.

However, he stayed long enough to hear Angel's explanation of the child's well-being, and saw that he was not needed here. In his mind, Ty was relieved, it meant he could leave all the quicker, As soon as things looked like they were alright, Ty turned tail quite abruptly. "Well, I'm glad things are okay here, and as much as I'd like to stay and chat," Ty lied. "I have other things to attend to, I'll get that wagon disassembled later." He then left, and to be honest, he couldn't leave any quicker if there had been an actual emergency. He didn't even leave enough time for the other wolves to say goodbye back.

[/html]
Angel watched him leave in a near hurry and Angel squinted her eyes at him and wondered what was that all about but she ignored it at that moment. "Alright. How does your leg feel?" she asked as she leaned back down to Xion. She wanted to see if she could walk on it and if she could not then Angel had no issues carrying the girl home.

"Can you stand or bend it at all?" she asked as she remained sitting on the ground watching the girl. She hoped she was no longer in pain. She hoped that perhaps it was feeling better now but it was hard to tell with the current situation and the adrenaline that may still be rushing through her system.
[html]

ooc: this is really really short aaaaaaaaaghhhh

The white-furred girl was glad that Ty was here and was friendly, and equally confused when he suddenly seemed nervous and left. Perhaps he had something important to do; Xion had heard that he was rather high-ranking in the pack. But for now she turned her attention back to the dark colored wolfess who had helped her. "It still hurts a little," she replied softly in response to the question. Lifting herself off of the ground carefully, she tried gently to put weight on it, which just seemed to make it hurt worse. Xion whimpered a little. "It hurts more to stand up," she said, looking upward at the older wolfess.

The healer said something about rusty nails making her sick and Xion was a little worried. She'd never really been sick before. She frowned, momentarily lost in thought, before replying with something almost completely unrelated. "Um, miss?" she began, "Thank you for helping me, but, I don't even know your name!" Now that the crisis was over, Xion could focus more on casual details like names; it was probably a good sign.

[/html]
Angel suddenly realized that she had not given her name to the young wolfess! She laughed out loud as she realized it and put a hand to her forehead. "I am so silly! I apologize! I am Angelique du Coudray, or Angel for short." she smiled as she kneeled down. "So if it hurts to stand on it, I can take you back to your home. Might make it a little easier and then we can let your mum know what happened so just in case if you do get sick which I don't think you will, she can use the herbs I will give her to help you, okay? It is nothing to be afraid of. Just need to keep an eye on it is all. Nothing too serious." she smiled and nodded to the young one knowing that because she was so young that she would not get sick from the metal.

"So where is your house from here? I shall carry you." she smiled as she remained kneeled down and looked up to see what direction she may point in. She still thought of Ty and wondered if perhaps that he would talk to her tonight or some time soon. She could see he was still bothered by the other night and it worried her some, but she hoped that they would still remain friends. She owed him her life for what he did. She didn't know how to say that to him just yet. She was still reeling over it a little.
[html]

ooc: late late late, sorry! should we wrap this thread up soon?

Xion listened as her new friend stated her name. Angel's full name was quite a mouthful for the pup and she was thankful for the existence of the shortened nickname. The black-furred wolfess offered to carry Xion home, which she decided was probably a good idea. "It's nice to meet you!" she said, finally managing a smile after the stressful events that had befallen her. "My home is near the southern end of the southern Mirror Lake," Xion replied. "But I don't know my way around these lands very well, so that's about all I know..." She figured that Angel probably knew a fair amount about the packlands as she had been there longer.

The white-furred pup cast her mismatched eyes back to the dilapidated wagon for a moment. She would remember that if she ever came back to this field, that wagon was dangerous. And she'd make sure to warn her brothers too, because they would surely be wandering around the territory too. Delwyn had probably been to the fields already, as much time as he had spent slipping away from their parents.

[/html]
((Yes let us do that, This is my third and final thread for Apothecary! Woot!)

Angel nodded and smiled. "Alright, I shall take you there." she smiled as she gingerly picked up the pup and placed her on her back as she shifted to her halfling form. Doing this would enable the pup to be able to ride without fear of falling off her back. "I believe I know where yer mothers house is from there." she smiled as she began to head off in the direction of Mirror Lake. As she made her way about she used her senses to find the location of the home. She knew that if she found the scent of Xeris that she would find where they resided.

Soon enough she came close and came to a stop. "So I sense I am close. Do you see where you live?" she asked as she looked around to see where the den might be. As she rotated an ear on the back of her head toward Xion she listened for any response the young pup she had on her back.

((possibly last post? I sped it up a little bit. Actually one more post for each of us after this.))
DREAM OUT LOUD
[html]

ooc: ack sorry I'm late again. on vacation with a bad internet connection lol

Xion allowed Angel to lift her up onto the larger wolfess' back. Thankfully, it seemed that her directions had been good enough, as they headed off in the direction of the lake and Xion began to see some familiar scenery. She felt more secure now, heading back to her home. She wondered what her family would say when she came back with a bandaged foot. Surely they'd understand that she just had a little accident. Xion was only a pup after all; still clumsy.

Angel asked if Xion could see her home, and after scanning the area with her mismatched eyes she spotted the cabin where she and her family had been staying. "There it is! The cabin!" she said, looking in the direction and raising her unhurt paw to gesture toward the old building. It didn't look like anyone was there, or at least not outside. Her parents and siblings had been known to go around and wander sometimes, so she wasn't too surprised. But she felt confident that she would be okay on her own and be able to take care of herself for now. "Thank you, Angel," she said cheerfully as they approached the cabin. "I hope to see you around again sometime soon."

[/html]
Angel smiled at Xions comment/ "Of course! You will always see me around! The funny thing is I actually live nearby! If you follow the lake edge and pass by the broken tree on the left you will see my cabin on the other side of it. I transplanted the red ivy from an older building and having the plant crawl all over my cabin! Its just so beautiful!" Angel smiled as she approached the door and knocked on it a couple times to see if anyone was home. [b]"Is it alright if I take you inside? I don't want you tripping or anything. Or do you think you can get in on your own?" Angel asked as she leaned down to hear the pups answer since she had set her down gently.

After a moment that no one answered the door Angel figured no one was home for sure and would wait with the child till either an adult came or at least one of her brothers. Angel didn't want the child to be alone especially with an injured leg. That was just no fun! She had been through it once. The silver dappled female smiled as she looked at Xion to see what she might say before she would head off back to her cabin.
[html]

ooc: this will be the last post from me I guess. you can request the thread to be archived in maintenance when you've read it!

It was comforting to hear that Angel lived nearby. Perhaps one day the dark-furred wolfess could teach Xion about medicine and healing. She would definitely be paying a visit sometime. Angel moved to the cabin door and knocked. Xion didn't know whether to expect a response or not, and was a little surprised to see a small white muzzle poke out through the crack in the door. Red eyes peered outside for a moment, and upon finding Xion her brother's face emerged completely. "Hi sis! Wh-what happened, are you ok?"</style> he asked, spotting her bandaged leg. A smile rose to the girl's face as she responded. "Hi! Yeah, I'm fine, I met a nice new friend who helped me."

Xion turned to Angel. "This is my brother Carwyn! Carwyn, this is Angel. She's a healer." Carwyn gave a small nod of acknowledgment. "Th-thanks for helping my sister," he managed shyly. The young white-furred wolfess looked back to her new friend once more before slowly walking toward the cabin, being careful not to put too much weight on her injured leg. She didn't want to look too weak in front of her brother, after all. "Yeah, thank you! Well, I'm going to go inside and rest. Byebye!" Carwyn moved to allow his sister to enter the cabin, giving Angel a smile before joining her.

[/html]