The Returning Water
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -mab_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Private for Bris~ Would it be okay for this to be backdated to the 17th or 18th? If not, that is okay, ^=^ I will leave the time zone vague just in case!

The rain had washed most of the brine from the black fae’s coat, but there still remained enough to hinder the heat-retaining quality of a wolf’s coat. The black fae respected the sea and the power if its vast waters, but she was not a creature of the deep. She was a creature of the woods. Indeed, she loved the rivers and pools and lakes that were the domain of Nemain, but such waters were not governed by the same forces as the sea. And so the Raven Warrior had moved beyond the borders of the lands that had accepted her once more, the woad-marked limbs carrying the fae with dancing steps to a place she knew well. The sounds of water were clear through the trees. The dim light of pre-dawn breathing silver warmth onto the woods seemed to cause the warrior’s foreign features to light up. The white of those eyes danced with a fierce and yet quiet flame as they peered upon the familiar paths. The woad Warrior desired to bathe, but first she was required to visit an entity that had given her much.

The pied bird whispered through the trees, gliding with as much ethereal ease as his she-wolf below. The single eye was turned upon the path ahead while the empty socket was fixed, unseeing, upon the path already traveled.

The great oak rose before the returning wolf, causing her to pause. The graceful movements ceased, and the silent song of her paws with them. The white orbs turned toward the great sentinel that had allowed her to bode within its roots, and slowly, as if approaching a deity, the wolf moved to greet it. The woad banded maw dipped respectfully, brushing lightly upon the bark of the roots. The weapons she had left behind remained safe within the oak’s protection despite their tarnished condition. She would be able to restore their songs. At that moment, it was the song of the tree that moved through her, and she listened carefully, the white orbs becoming half-lidded as she listened to something beyond the material world....

And then she had stepped back. The Raven called into the early morning air.

The warrior’s silent step carried her to the waters that had called to her first. A cleansing was needed, and something more as well.... As she moved, the Warrior’s body did not display the weariness that she felt, for, as a Warrior, she could never display the true weakness when it was felt but instead posture the strength she needed an opponent to behold. Alert and yet relaxed, dominant and yet humble, she moved to allow the waters to cleanse her body. Cwmfen slid into the waters with the ease and grace of an otter, and the soft melody of the water greeted her still vibrant soul. A soft sigh of satisfaction slipped from her jaws. The pied Raven sat upon the a tree’s limb, becoming naught but another shadow of the woods.

[/html]
[html]
Officially set in my post log for May 17 as you wish! Sounds good to me hon! <3
WC: 389

There was a peace about the white woman that she hadn't felt since her sister's death three weeks hence. In all the days between that fateful moment and a mere few days ago, Bris hadn't shed a single tear. Her grief had been bottled up inside her, eating away at her soul like a creeping poison. But Conor had changed that. His simple mannerisms and words had opened the floodgates of her soul on that day in the greenhouse, and it still amazed Bris just how much his silent support had meant to her. In letting her cry, in letting her show him that vulnerable soul that still existed within her, Conor had healed her more than time alone or misplaced thoughts of vengeance ever could.

A soft song was hummed quietly as the Stormbringer woman simply wandered her homeland. The satchel she was hardly ever without was slung over her snowy shoulder, its leather form held closely to her left side so as not to irritate the still-healing wound on her right. Her palms had healed enough for the yearling to finally stop wearing the protective bandages on them, but the gash across the right side of her torso and ribs was taking a bit longer. The bandages that wrapped around her body were fresh, and the last few dressings had seen a decrease in dried blood caked on them, which was encouraging. Cotl's sword hadn't cut very deep at all, but the awkward placement of the injury had made it annoyingly slow in repairing itself.

As Bris came near the sound of running water, her song faded into the natural music of the stream. Its refreshing song called to the yearling, and she smiled to realize that she wasn't the first to be charmed by its melody. The black woman already within its embrace was slightly familiar to the young Stormbringer, like a ghostly echo from a long ago memory. She wasn't sure if she'd ever met the strangely-marked figure, but her scent held a hint of familiarity scattered around Dahlia's territory in the past. "Mind if I join you?" If the black woman wished for privacy, Bris wouldn't take it personally and she would respect that. After all, there were plenty of other streams and ponds where she could rinse the grime from her own form.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -mab_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Thank you! <33 Oh, and Cwmfen is in lupus form, if that’s cool?
500+

The black fae moved her paws fluidly and rhythmically, and, although a wolf was a creature of the earth, it was as if this particular soul belonged in the water. Indeed, the calm waters of her soul sang softly with the pool as she moved through it, her fur clinging to the liquid. The black wolf found purchase upon a deep rock near the edge, and she stood upon it, relaxing and allowing the heat and the tension from her travel-wearied body to dissipate into the gentle caresses of Nemain’s domain. A soft sigh escaped her jaws, the jaws that quietly hungered for the violence of War. Closing her eyes, she allowed her mind to wander to a place that existed between the world of Wakefulness and the world of Dreaming—Limbo. Limbo was a dark place, a place with nothingness that called to her. There she could feel the tension between the worlds, the confusion that could easily overcome one if one were not careful in the traveling of this no-man’s land. The Warrior was careful. She tread with careful steps and traveled silently, allowing the thoughts that moved through her tranquil mind to guide her in this place.

The pied Raven called.

His voice was soft, and he brought her back to the pool where the water had already begun to loosen the knots of her body. A flash of white could be seen through the foliage and for a moment, the Warrior wondered if it were Cercelee that had returned. But it was not. She knew it immediately. The sound of the footfall did not match the rhythms of the Rosea that had once ruled Dahlia de Mai. Cwmfen wondered where the ice queen could be, for her loyalty was still with that soul.

No. The white female that stood before the pool had eyes mismatched of blue and violet. She was younger, perhaps, than Cercelee. An imperceptible smile tugged at the corners of the woaded wolf’s lips. "Yes," the alto melody sang, the silver tones dancing lightly upon the water’s surface. "You may join me." It was not her pool, after all, and the Warrior did not mind her presence. This white female was the first wolf she had encountered since her return to the flower pack, and such an encounter seemed somehow significant. The once-Adonis would need to meet the wolves of her home as well. This was simply an opportunity to do so.

The familiar scent of blood was drawn to her nose. It was old, yet a hint of freshness could be found. Her soul seemed to leap up at the scent that so characterized her purpose in life. Curiosity seemed to flicker faintly in the tranquil and impassive gaze, but she did not inquire as to the origin of the wounds. Instead, the Warrior said, "Has Dahlia been your home for long?" Perhaps the Warrior would be able to learn at least a little of the happenings since her departure. She wondered where Cercelee was, where Haku was, and how Conor had claimed the leadership of the pack. So many wolves that she had once known were now gone, just as she had been. She wondered if they, like she, would return.

[/html]
[html]
Lupus is great! I thought so after the first post but I kept it vague in case I'd misinterpreted or skipped something in my reading. XD I've been known to do that before, then reread both posts and go "ARGH STUPID ME" and have to edit. HAHA.
WC: 426

"Thank you. It just looks so relaxing." Bris smiled genuinely as she replied to the other woman's invitation. The water sang softly as the Stormbringer placed her well-loved satchel on a nearby tree limb, wanting to risk getting wet neither the leather itself nor the books within. Gently, the white wolf began unwrapping her newly placed bandages, pleased to see there was no sign yet this morning of anything weeping from the injury. Thanks to that, she'd be able to reuse the same bandage after washing. If it had been dirty, she'd have had to do without one until she could get back to the treehouse where all her supplies were kept.

Careful not to let the unwrapped dressings touch the ground, Bris rolled them up loosely and set them just inside the hanging brown satchel on the tree. Her lips were pulled into a contented smile as she stepped over to the water, easing her feet in and then the rest of her body. She chose a spot near enough to the black wolf for conversation, but politely far enough so as not to intrude on her personal space. A happy sigh passed the Stormbringer's lips as she sank herself into the water up to her shoulders, her loose mane drifting on its surface around her.

Now that she was completely content, the other Dahlian's words registered in her head. "It's been several months now. I visited my sister Kol back in the fall, but I didn't take her up on her offer to stay here with her until midwinter. To be honest, I really wish I'd come sooner." But you can't change the past, and Bris knew that all too well. Had she stayed the first time she'd come, she would have had more time with Kol before everything had happened. Her regret still weighed heavily on her heart, but it was something she'd come more to terms with since opening up to Conor about her grief. Besides, she didn't want to come crashing down on a newly acquainted packmate with depressing conversation. "What about you? I remember your scent from when I'd visited in the fall, and it was still around faintly when I came back. Dahlia's been your home before, hasn't she?" Of course, Bris could be confused, but she didn't think so. The strange woman's scent was too distinctive and familiar for her to be a freshly arrived newcomer. The Stormbringer had the idea that there was much more to the blue-marked woman than a simple tale of lost and found.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait~
500+

Mirth flickered briefly over the maw of the wolf as she observed her packmate’s enjoyment of the pool. The pool was, indeed, a beautiful creature. The Warrior’s mind was alerted by a sound that had emerged from the voice of the stranger, a sound that was familiar—a name. But before she could fully contemplate it, the voice had continued. The white pack mate had arrived in the winter. Cwmfen found that strangely fitting, for the colour of her coat and the shades of her eyes were truly reminiscent of the wintertime. This white woman, however, had not been among the Dahlian ranks for long, then. The having-returned wolf wondered, then, how much could be known. As thoughts moved through the black fae as the fish moved through the pool, silence was chosen above speech. The weary traveler shifted her position slightly allowing for tension to be released into the clutches of the pool.

The white orbs seemed to watch the optime with a slow and steady gaze. That gaze, however, was not critical nor unfriendly. Instead, a measured contemplation moved through the impenetrable, milky depths, perhaps for the attention that this female had given to a single, fading scent within the Dahlian pack. The warrior, perhaps, was impressed, and she wondered at the trade this white woman had chosen by which to live. "Yes, Dahlia was my home once before," the soft alto confirmed. The woaded wolf gave a nearly imperceptible nod. "I came here two years ago, and eventually I came to lead Dahlia alongside Cercelee and beneath Haku." There was a brief pause as she considered the Lilium, remembering what he had given and taken to and from her, and from the pack as well. She had no doubt as to the end of the path that the chocolate and cream leader had followed. "I left almost a year ago. But I’ve returned again, and I hope to call Dahlia home for a good measure of time." Or until Death took her. As a Warrior, she was anticipating and prepared for her death.

A brief silence had been permitted to follow. The Woaded wolf’s mind returned to the sound—the name—that had been spoken before. She recognized that sound now for what it was, tying it to a brief memory—an encounter, a scent—that had been stored within her mind long ago. Kol. A member of Dahlia. Brennt had wounded her, and Cwmfen had gone after him. That single name re-awakened so many memories, but the Warrior concentrated on the most relevant. Where was the black Stormbringer wolf? She had not seen her since her return, nor found any recent traces. "You are Kol’s sister," the alto melody mused aloud. "What has become of her?" The black Warrior, while never discounting the possibility, could not know that Kol Stormbringer had found the other side of the River. Cwmfen sensed, however, that something was amiss with the mention of the absent female, for she could not miss the touch of sadness that seemed to move through the white-furred woman.

[/html]
[html]
Pfffft, what wait? THIS was a wait! x.x Sorry for that, and for the shortness!
WC: 344

The soothing water lapped softly against Bris' white body as she listened to the warrior's tale. The story of her Dahlian past struck a note of familiarity within Bris, and a name finally matched the figure that had invited Bris to share the pool. Kol had mentioned the blue-marked woman several times, as she'd been one of the more prominent and recognizable members of Dahlia in times past. The warrior woman had unknowingly revealed her identity without ever actually introducing herself. "Oh, you must be Cwmfen then! Kol mentioned you several times when we were talking about how things used to be. It really is a pleasure to finally meet you." She smiled genuinely with her words, for the tales of the strangely-marked warrior leader of Dahlia had always fascinated the young Bris.

At the frequent mention of Kol, Bris wasn't surprised when the conversation naturally went to the dark Stormbringer sister. Kol's absence was still a markedly sore subject for the younger sister, but Conor had helped her to overcome the worst of the grief. There was still a constant sadness and longing within the young woman at any mention of her sister, but it wasn't that insurmountable despair that she'd felt before. Apparently, Kol had never exagerated Cwmfen's wisdom, for it had only taken mere moments for her to come to the correct conclusion that Bris was indeed her sister, despite the lack of family resemblance.

For a moment, Bris was silent, her eyes betraying the loss she felt anytime she spoke of her older sibling. "She's...gone. She was killed by an Infernian only days after the second war ended. We were headed to Inferni to find Anselm de le Poer, a coyote Kol claimed friendship with, and we were attacked in neutral territory. I tried to save her. I was too late. I couldn't." Tears threatened to well up in her mismatched eyes as she'd admitted her failure, but Bris forced them back. Her jaw clenched with the effort, and she went silent, not really sure what else to say.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
</style>[/html]