there is nothing to fear
[html]

name—Keychain

birthdate—November 18 2008

luperci—no

species—wolf/coyote hybrid

gender—female

contact—phobiaphreakz@hotmail.com [msn]

Keychain walked slowly without pride. She was just about to put one paw in Inferni territory, but quickly stopped herself. 'Maybe I can just wait here and they'll come to me.' She thought. Keychain was going to join a pack--she didn't know which, but she knew she was going to. After the experience at Phoenix Valley territory she was very wary about entering another. Her breathing became shaky as she waited. 'What if they don't like me? What if I die?' Keychain thought, frightened. 'No, they can't be that heartless can they? Just to kill a person for waiting at the borders?'

Even after thinking that thought, Keychain was still terrified for her life. She felt her legs go wobbly. 'I have to be strong! They aren't going to take in a useless frightened little pup!' The female shouted in her mind. Finally she sat up straight and puffed her chest up trying to look more confident, though you could still see fear in her eyes. 'Should I say something? Or should I just wait?' Keychain had no idea what to do, she seemed so new, so lost. Like a stupid child.

Oh how she would give anything just to be safe from the world and live a happy life, but that wasn't the case sadly. She wished she had a friend to comfort her. 'Maybe I'll make friends here...that's if they accept me.' The female thought. 'Well even if they don't accept me I'll still l-live right? So many questions. So many thoughts. How could she do this? Keychain wished that she was her normal self. Normally, she would of been so confident and out going she'd be going into territories left and right, asking for food like it was completely normal. But that's very rude. She thought.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#369FCC; background-image:url(http://www.all-about-wolves.com/wolf_ph ... 84_big.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 167px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#690D82; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

♥~

As Kaena meandered the wooded area to the south of Inferni, her thoughts ruminated over the cinnamon-furred woman she had once loved, the woman she loved still. Despite that love, the hybrid could not place herself in danger again. She was frail, thanks to Haku Soul—being dropped from such heights as love would surely shatter her. A strange scent wafted over the wind, distracting the ashen-hued woman, and she perked her ears forward, lifting her nose into the air. This welcome distraction drew her through the woods, perambulating faster as she drew nearer. There was nothing aggressive in Kaena, but surprise lit upon her scarred face and her single remaining eye upon viewing the strangely-colored creature. Kae looked over her, trying to determine wolf or coyote—the color was distracting, though Kaena could not say it was ugly, merely... different. She understood decor—her own scars had been called ugly too many times over her life, and yet she thought they were beautiful. Strangely enough, the silver-shaded hybrid understood self-expression, and she would not hold that against this newcomer. Were it not for the newcomer's slightly enlarged hears and her slim muzzle, the silver-shaded hybrid might not have spied the coyote in her blood—but it was there, singing weakly beneath the surface. “Looking for something?” the hybrid asked nonchalantly, coming to a halt on her own land still, her gaze resting easily on the younger hybrid before her. There was nothing aggressive in Kaena, merely confidence—some of the strength that had been stolen from her in the fall was returning slowly, evident in her raised head and gently arced tail.

<style>
.kae-disorder p {padding:0px 35px 10px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kae-disorder b {color:#ffffff;}
.kae-disorder {background-color:#40245F; padding-bottom:217px; padding-top:10px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:13px; color:#A376B4; letter-spacing:.1pt; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:14px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Keychain gasped a little as her thoughts were shattered by a voice. It took her a while to spot the other, as she has been so caught up in her own thoughts that her vision had been blurred for a few seconds. ''O-o-oh...w-w-why..uhm, yes actually.'' She stated, her trembling voice filling the air. 'I can't just say 'I wanna join your pack'! Or is that normal? I guess I could talk a bit then ask.' ''I'm looking for a pack to join.'' Keychain finished, trying to 'hint' the best she could.

The female was relieved that the other seemed nice, even though her heart was probably still beating a million miles a minute. ''I-I-I-I'm Keychain.'' She told the other, stuttering quite a bit. The female then realized she was slouched over. She quickly stood up straight. 'Maybe if I stand up I'll look stronger' Keychain thought, wanting to impress the other, though it seemed like her chance to impress now was slim to none.

She let out a shaky breath trying to relax but to no avail. The female waited for the other to reply. 'Hopefully she will tell me her name.' To her, the other seemed superior, yet...well not exactly friendly, but close. Keychain let a smile form on her face. After a few seconds she finally blurted out in desperation, ''What's your name?''

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#369FCC; background-image:url(http://www.all-about-wolves.com/wolf_ph ... 84_big.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 167px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#690D82; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She had been damaged, of course, but it had been a long time since the fall. They had entered the fifth month of the new year, and it had been almost eight months since her attack. The hybrid woman was nowhere near complete, nowhere near whole again—but there was recovery evident in her, of course, and this was a vast improvement over the creature she'd been for the last two weeks of October. The silver-shaded hybrid had not so much as moved from her own place of residence for the first two weeks, and now she moved easily within Inferni's territories. Sometimes she took to the peripheral territories, but this was not so often—she knew Haku still lurked outside somewhere, and perhaps now he hunted her.

The other canine seemed frightened, and the hybrid tilted her head at this, though there was no emotion evident on her scarred face beyond this slight indication of puzzlement. “Well, this is Inferni—we're not a pack, not exactly anyway,” the hybrid explained. This canine seemed rather young—it was clear she was not a puppy, of course, but neither was she a grizzled veteran of the world. A younger Kaena might have snapped at another calling Inferni a pack, but here she did not. “We like to call ourselves a clan. Coyotes, you know?” the hybrid added, the ghost of a smile lighting on her face for just an instant.

“Kaena Lykoi, Centurion,” she said, introducing herself with little flourish. Her surname was enough of an ornament to the silver-shaded hybrid. “What would you do for us?” the silvery woman asked, curious to know what this canine could provide. Her strange markings were unique; Kaena had not seen anything like them before, and the silvery hybrid wondered if her skills would be relevant to that coloration.

thanks to james for the header image
<style>
.kae-bloody p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.kae-bloody b {color:#3A0503}
.kae-bloody {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BDB0B0; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]
[html]

Don't you just LOVE Keychain's personality? xD (303)

''Oh, I see...a clan...sorry if I insulted you, I didn't know.'' Keychain replied, followed by a innocent smile. The female seemed to be getting more confident as this talk went along. But, even though her confidence outside remained, she started to panic when Kaena asked her what she could do. 'Oh I didn't think about this! How could I NOT think about it?! It's like the most important thing!!' Keychain panicked in her mind. ''Well...I'm good at running! I mean not running away, well yeah running away too, but you know, hehe.'' The female blurted out. ''I guess I could hunt or something, but I'm really willing to do anything! Even if I'm not that good at fighting...'' She continued, the last sentence coming out accidentally.

'Oh! Darn it! How could I do that?! Now I'll never get accepted! But maybe the clan can teach me...but that's if I get accepted! The female thought quickly. The little confidence she had left was gone now and she laughed nervously. ''I mean, I'm good at fighting, but not the best.'' She corrected herself, hoping that the other would fall for it. 'But she looks so smart, she'll know I'm bluffing!' Keychain took a deep breath.

'Calm down...you still have a shot!! You can do this! It'll all be okay in the end, even if I don't get accepted! I'll leave happy, and find another pack...or...clan! Yeah!' She tried to reassure herself, though it wasn't working very well. ''Er, by the way it's nice to meet you!'' Keychain exclaimed, trying to be friendly with the other. ''There are other packs and clans right? She asked. ''Oh...nevermind, that was a..stupid question.'' She said quickly afterwards. Keychain sighed a bit.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/erin_kaetablered2.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Dude, I definitely laughed aloud at the running away part. XD My boyfriend looked at me funny, and promptly accused me of laughing at him. XDDD

The hybrid rolled her shoulder in a shrug at the woman's statement. It was an easy mistake to make, and the hybrid herself was not immute to mistakes—she recalled one instance where she had mistaken Rendall's enemy for a male, when in fact the enemy was a female. However, that was also an easy mistake—in her memory, Rendall had not specified the enemy's gender. Even so, the hybrid was far more forgiving than she had once been—a younger Kaena would not have been so kind so quickly. A smirk crossed her face at the younger canine's words—she was eager to please, and this was always good where Kaena was concerned. “If you can run quickly, you'll make a good scout,” the hybrid said, thinking of the their scouting tier—their Scorpius, Vigiles, and Caelum ranks were optimal for canines who were good at such skills, and running quickly was definitely a good thing to have on border patrol. News of possible trouble would then be brought extremely quickly to the rest of the clan.

“If you don't know, you can always learn how to fight. I will help you, if you like. There are others who can assist you, too,” the silver-shaded hybrid said, thinking of Snake. It was a terrible loss that Anselm was no longer among them; the hybrid missed his presence in the clan sorely, and they were worse for lacking him. “And you,” the hybrid said, another faint smile showing on her face. She was not one for overly friendly actions, ever—this was about the friendliest she got with complete strangers. Family was always greeted more warmly, but beyond that, Kaena could be rather standoffish, to say the least. At the other canine's question, however, a more devilish smile burst onto her face suddenly, her fangs showing in a prideful grin. “Of course there are others, but join them, and you could find yourself homeless again in a few months. Inferni will have its eighth birthday in the fall; the closest any of the other packs come is two years. They shatter like glass, you know. Inferni will outlast them all,” the hybrid said, her voice growing lofty and arrogant as she spoke of Inferni. It was her pride and joy, as was the family so closely entangled with it.

<style>
.kae-gifterin124 b {color:#BFB8A8;}
.kae-gifterin124 p {text-indent:25px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Lol! xD Sorry this post is kind of random I suppose you could say? I'm running out of things to post. (278)

Keychain grinned, she was actually getting somewhere! ''Yeah, scout sounds good!'' The female replied, she always liked anything that involved running fast. Her face lit up as the hybrid told her that others could teach her how to fight. Her smile grew bigger. 'She's happy to meet me!' The female thought. A expression of surprise formed on her face as she heard about the other packs.

''Wow! That's so cool! The Inferni clan must be like the best!'' She said in complete admiration. Now she really wanted to join. The female's tail was wagging now, but after a few seconds she cleared her throat and her expression returned to normal. She was just about to ask a question but stopped herself. 'How do I ask?' After a few moments she finally said, ''I'm interested in joining Inferni.'' It was almost a whisper. It wasn't exactly the big question she wanted to ask, but it was very close. She knew she would have to prove herself, but how? She wished Kaena would just tell her what to do, and she would do it.

Of course, if Kaena declined when she asked to join, Keychain would be sad, but fine. She wasn't exactly expecting to be welcomed in, but it was worth a shot. The female would be proud to be in Inferni, then again she didn't know for sure how exactly to join a pack--er clan. Her heart started to beat fast again as she waited for a reply. What if she disapproved of Keychain? The distress and the questions she had came back to her. 'Here we go again.' The female thought.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Short post. D; We can probably wrap it up after your post. ^^;

The silver-shaded hybrid was glad to hear that the other canine would be happy in a scouting position. They were short on scouts at the moment, and with Anselm gone, their best pair of eyes and ears was also gone from the territory. “We need a few of them, so that's good,” she commented. “I can accept you to the clan,” she said, always willing to add to their numbers—the clan needed strength, they always did. “For now, you'll be ranked at Tirones—it's our subordinate rank.” The silver-shaded woman considered, turning into Inferni's territory, pointing with her muzzle. “Head a little north, north-east from here, through the forest, and you'll find the D'Neville mansion. You can claim a house there, if you'd like. If you'd rather, there are the caves. Head along the stream here, and eventually you'll loop about the coast and get to the caves, if you'd rather live there,” the silvery woman said, briefly explaining the clan's territory so that Keychain might be able to settle down quickly. There was no doubt she'd find someone if she decided to dead to either of those two areas—both were the most populous in Inferni.

<style>
.kae-apocalypse p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; text-indent:10px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px;}
.kae-apocalypse b {color:#A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse {width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/endoftheworld.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:243px; padding-bottom:5px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:8pt; letter-spacing:.1pt; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #A61514;}
.kae-apocalypse-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px;}
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.