I think it'll tunic up quite nicely
[html]

backdated to the 24? Sound good?

Drogon's hooves plopped steadily against the ground as Haven rode from the stables to the Chien Hotel. Today was the day that Strelein had told him to come back to get the outfit he had requested the tailor make fitted. Honestly he felt a little foolish about the whole thing. If Ruri hadn't asked him to accompany her with his guitar at the party he wouldn't be bothering at all, but now he felt he should show up wearing something more than his usual outfit. Of course he was thankful that the redheaded male had agreed to make him something, but that didn't keep him from feeling both self conscious and nervous at the prospect of playing in front of the entire pack. He'd only ever played in front of a couple people at most and he didn't think he was that great at it. He wasn't any good at this whole performance, pomp and circumstance stuff.

He reached the main entrance of the hotel and dismounted, tying Drogon's reins around a nearby post. The Knight patted his horse the on the shoulder once before heading into the hotel with a heavy sigh. Haven wound through the hallways on the first floor until he came to the large room that Strelein used as his studio. His head poked in, not seeing the other male at first. "Uh, Strel? Are you here?"

<style type="text/css">
.havengoldenknight b {font-weight:bold; color:#F0BE58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.havengoldenknight-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.havengoldenknight p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havengoldenknight {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#112A48; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... knight.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C7B034; padding: 10px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#1E508A; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
yup, that's fine.

Thanks to the party coming up, the Lord had plenty of work to keep him busy. It was nice, having plenty to do that he dared not ever feel bored. Strel even managed to make himself an outfit for the party, more or less recycling an older pair of pants and making a new long-sleeved shirt from some he had found in Halifax. People had come to him with requests and trades, though he did more work for the party for free. Thankfully, the load had not gotten overwhelming and he was able to easily manage. As the sole Lady-in-Waiting in the pack, which was a completely ironic title, he enjoyed being the one people went to for their fashion needs.

It seemed everyone always found him with something in his arms, be it an outfit or cloth. This time, it was a handful of thread and an armful of hanging red cloth. Haven was standing in the doorway of his studio, though he was unlikely to find the redhead there, as he had been upstairs. Smirking, Strel tapped the man on the shoulder. "Yeah, I'm here. Did you come for your outfit?" he inquired, brushing past the knight to lay the things down on the cluttered table.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

^^

He knew Strelein was probably busy getting everyone's outfits for the party ready. Haven wasn't so full of himself to think that he was the only one to have requested something from him. Still, he was a bit surprised to not find the Lord working here in his studio. The Knight was so out of it he didn't even hear someone coming down the hall towards him. The tap on his shoulder made him jump away and he stared wide-eyed at the other man for a moment before he relaxed again. "Jeez Strel, you didn't have to scare me witless," Haven joked, a half smile coming to his face.

The Seneschal followed Strelein into his studio, a hand moving to the back of his head to scratch; his nervous habit. "Yeah I did. Thanks again for making me something, I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to any clothes outside of my norm." Princess was the only one in their relationship who had any kind of eye for fashion. Haven stuck to more practical things.

<style type="text/css">
.havengoldenknight-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.havengoldenknight {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#112A48; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... knight.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C7B034; padding: 10px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#1E508A; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Shrugging, the redhead began to look for the outfit he had finished for Haven. It was somewhere in here, that was for sure. "Gotta be alert everywhere. I thought you knew that," he commented slyly, ruffling through some papers. There were some sketches in that pile of clothes owed and ideas he had. Finding the sketch of the pieces Haven wanted, he pulled it out and placed it on the empty part of the table. "That is the sketch I did before I started working. I probably showed you before hand, but I assumed you would have gone with it." Most guys he knew had not been very fashion inclined. Most people really weren't. It's the reason he was the only one that made clothes here.

Then he found the clothes he wanted. Strel noticed the way the man fidgeted and cocking a head at him. "What are you nervous about? I'm not going to stick pins in your legs." He handed off the pants and shirt off to Haven to try on so that the redhead could finish the fitting and let the man keep the clothes. "Lemme know where it's too tight or too loose or anything else."

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

He knew that Strelein's words were meant as a joke, but they hit him surprisingly hard considering recent events. Lightly his fingers ran over the scars that now ran across the front of his body. It had happened on their pack grounds. Haven had known that such a thing could happen, but he had never anticipated it happening to the woman he loved. "Yeah..." he responded somewhat hollowly, his mind somewhere far from the bright room. Pushing the dark thoughts aside he moved to look at the sketch the tailor laid out. "Oh yeah, I remember. I trust your judgment more than mine," he said, the grin returning to his features. Thank god there had been someone here that could help him in this situation.

Strel gathered the clothes he had made together and asked about his nervousness. He hadn't known he was being so obvious about it, but then again he hadn't exactly been trying to mask it. "Oh, no it's not that. It's just this whole thing, the party and all," he said taking the clothes. Haven walked off to a corner, turning his back as he took off his jacket and jeans to try the new clothes on. "Ruri asked me to play, and I said yes, but I've never played in front of that many people before. It's just a hobby, not something I work at that hard. I'm not really good at being the center of attention in that way." Being recognized for his work as a Knight was one thing, this was entirely another.

The Aatte slipped the pants on, then the shirt and the jacket. He tucked the pale shirt into the top of the pants and twisted his body around, seeing how it felt. "I think the shirt's a little loose on my sides, but that's all I can feel." Haven turned around, presenting the tailor with his work. "How do I look?" he asked humorously, his smile somewhat awkward.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

"Well that's why you're here." It was a bit harsh, but it really was the reason he was here. Strel felt his ego grow a bit at the thought. "Hopefully, my judgment is sound and you'll actually like what I've made." Worse case scenario, he would have to dye the entire outfit a different color, and there was no time for that; it took a while to get dyes set up and then for the outfit to dry. And boy, Strel just wanted for Haven to like the outfit so he would not need to keep working on it; his schedule was tight as it was.

Strel nodded along, turning away from the man as he walked to a corner to change. Honestly, there was nothing to hide when people still ran around in their bare fur. He needed to see how it sat on the guy, and this was really the only thing he could do at that moment. At least he would get to see how it was after Haven was done being squeamish. The redhead grinned, though, at the man. So that was why he was so skittish. "Don't be nervous. I'll be playing too, and I have barely practiced lately. My lute had a layer of dust, for crying out loud." He picked up some pins from the cloth on the table, sticking the beaded ends between his teeth as he pulled at the fabric on Haven. "Looks nice, though you're right. It does seem a bit loose." He stuck in a pin here and there to tighten the fabric and show where he needed to sew a bit more.

The pants seemed fine so he let them be, content that they were completed satisfactorily. "But you really shouldn't worry too much. I'm sure Ruri will be the center of attention. She is our Lautari. She'll take the attention for sure. Besides, you'll be fine. Your nerves will go away. Maybe your woman help with that part beforehand," he added slyly, aware that he might have been behind on his gossip. "How does that feel now? Any better?" The pins were in place where he thought they should be, but he would not start to sew till Haven confirmed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Haven chuckled a little at the flamboyant male's comment. "You're right, it is. I'd be in a bad state if it weren't for your expertise," he complimented. He had no issues stroking Strelein's ego, especially not when he was being so helpful and doing this for him for free. "I'm sure I'll like it, I'm certainly not worried about that." He'd be happy in anything the fashion forward Cour des Miracles member deemed acceptable. Plus he knew Strel had a lot to accomplish in the next few days, he wasn't going to cause him any problems or create more work for him.

It was silly, the man knew, to go off for a small measure of privacy while he changed. There was nothing scandalous about being unclad in front of someone else. However he had become so used to wearing his clothes that he almost never went out of the house without them on. The only person who saw him without them anymore was Princess, and some foolish part of his brain wanted to keep it that way. Strel's words actually did a good deal to calm his nerves. "Oh really? I didn't know you'd be playing too. That does make me feel better, to know I won't be the only one up there." The less attention focused on him, the better. Plus it'd be nice to have someone else playing an instrument as well.

Haven kept his arms lifted, letting the tailor do what was needed to amend the garment. "Yeah, you're right. And she should have the attention, she's the one with the most talent. She sings so beautifully, people probably won't even notice us and our little toys," he said, feeling better the more he thought about it. The Knight's cheeks burned a little with embarrassment at the comment about Princess, but laughed softly nonetheless. "Yeah, maybe." Somehow though he doubted he'd be in the mood for that right before the party. He moved around a bit again, testing the pinning that Strelein had done. "Yeah, I think that's just right."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
and we were supposed to spree, haha.

"I figured you were told who else was playing," he said, sending a questioning look up at the Seneschal. He had not been told himself, but he had not been bothered by it. Plenty of folk in the pack were musical and the invitation to play was surely to everyone who could do it well and wanted to. "Well, you can't skive off of it now that you've told me. I will make you play if you try to slip away, Haven." Strel nonchalantly threatened the higher ranking man, but he was grinning. It was an amusing thought to him. "Even if I weren't there, Ruri would be singing too, so you really would never be alone. I wonder if there's a piano. I kind of want to reacquaint myself with one."

Strel bit down a needle between his teeth, where the pins used to be. He was more careful now, since a move could easily make him swallow it and eventually kill him if it pierced any of his organs on the way down. He fumbled for thread as the man in front of him tested the pin placement. The Lord adjusted Haven's arms so that the pose was more natural and easier to sew on the guy himself. "It is why she's the Lautari. She excels at what it is she does. I envy her skills, but I wouldn't really trade what I do for it." Everyone could shine at whatever they wanted. Ruri sang. Others rode. Others drew. Others did all kinds of things.

Slipping under the man's shirt, the redhead began to alter the clothes while they were on him. It was not hard to fix what was needed and every few stitches placed a pin. "Almost done." Some of it had to be done without a body in the clothes. "Take it off for me, please?" he asked, standing back as he threaded the needle again. "So I can assume things with you and your girl are going good?" he asked, sending a coy look at the Seneschal. Strel was being nosy, but he was always nosy.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

lol I know XD; I think we can wrap this up though 300+

He was a little surprised that no one had told him that anyone else would be playing along with him. Really though he should have put two and two together. The first time he had met Strel they had both had their respective stringed instruments with them. It was only natural that he'd be in on the performance as well. Haven didn't feel slighted at all, he was glad to have more people performing. The more there were the less the pressure on him. "Nope, I wasn't. Oh well though, I know now," he said, shrugging. Strelein's threat made him grin and he chuckled a little bit. "Oh, don't worry about that. A commitment's a commitment, no matter how nervous it may make me. Damn honor can be inconvenient sometimes," he jested. He had given Ruri his word and he wouldn't back out. The thought may have crossed his mind a time or two, but he had always quickly pushed it away.

Haven watched as the tailor prepared the needle and thread and let him move his arms around into a position he wanted. This whole fitting and tailored garment thing was a little weird to him, not caring much about clothes, but he did admire his packmate's skills. Even if he didn't understand it much, he could tell that the man excelled at it. "Yup, you're right. Me either, I'll stick to protecting the pack. The party is only going to be a mild foray into the world of performance music for me." Who knows, maybe he'd actually loosen up and enjoy it, but he knew what it was he was good at and he planned to stick to that for the most part.

Strelein slipping his hands under the shirt, continuing to stitch the garment. It was pretty amazing the skill and speed at which he performed. Yet another talent that Haven knew he would never possess. It was all fine by him though, the pack didn't need anyone but the redheaded man. He had enough ability to go around many times over. As he was instructed, the Knight carefully took the jacket off and slipped the shirt over his head, handing it to Strel. "Oh yes, you could say that," he said, pausing a moment or two for effect. "We're mates now." Haven couldn't help the wide grin that spread over his face at the admission.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
yup Big Grin

Strel took the garment into his hands, folding it over a little bit as he stepped back from Haven. Smiling, he took up more thread and another needle, sitting himself on one of the two chairs in the room. The other was there for Haven should he chose to take it. Even as he sewed, he grinned, amused that this outfit would probably match the one of Princess's, whatever that was. She had not come to him for it, but he doubted she would come easily after their awkward first meeting. It seemed as though he was destined for very awkward encounters with people. Man, karma was a bitch but at least it owed him.

"That's great! I didn't figure you'd be the kind of guy to go to this kind of shindig alone. Good job, stud," he said, snipping the thread with a sharp tug. The jacket was finished as best as he was ever going to manage. The detail work was done and now the tailoring was done. Well, Haven was definitely ready for a ball and his officially lovely woman. "You better look fetching for her, or I'll have a thing to say to you." Strel handed the jacket of to the man, crossing his arms as he waited for him to put it on for a final look. "You better not shame my work."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

w00t!

Haven followed Strelein over to the chairs and watched him sit and continue to amend the stitching on the top. He refrained from taking a seat though, because he had a feeling that he would need to try the shirt back on again after the alterations were finished and from the looks of it, it wasn't going to take the redheaded male long to do so. The Knight had to admire how quickly he worked with such small tools and fine details. He knew if he ever tried to sew anything he's just make a horrible mess of it. His hands were meant for the sword, not the needle.

The Seneschal couldn't help the blush that ran up through his cheeks at Strel's joking, thankfully his orange fur hid this sign of embarrassment. "Hehe, thanks," was all he could manage in response. He wasn't sure if Strelein thought he was some kind of ladies man or something or if he was just trying to get a rise out of him. The latter was probably the most likely. "I'm sure she'd have something to say to me too," he said, taking the shirt back and slipping it over his head once again. He smoothed the shirt out and slipped the jacket back on. "If I can't make this look good then I better just throw in the towel, yeah?" he said with a laugh. It fit perfectly now and even he could see it was a very handsome ensemble.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The shirt fit really well from what he could see, which was definitely a good thing. Well the outfit was now Haven's, which meant that it was officially out of his hands. Whatever the man did with it was totally up to him. If he wore it to the party, so be it. If Princess ripped it apart, well, then it was up to Haven, but Strel would fix that damage completely amused. "Princess better appreciate the effort I put in to make you look presentable compared to a lovely lady like that." His job was done and he could relax for a while, before he went on to finish his own set of clothes for the party. Like the tailor was going to appear like a ragtag pauper. Puh-lease. Strel had appearances to maintain and it would be a nice chance to show off for the people unfortunate enough not to have come to him for services. Egotistical little bastard.

"You better, because I'll smother you with one, for sure." Strel reclined against his seat, crossing his legs a bit and his arm across the back of the chair. "Now, get out of my studio. You have a woman to woo some more, I hear," he said, snickering a little as he gave Haven a nonchalant wave with a few flicks of his wrist.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]