when your dreams have become good
[html]

She hadn't wandered this far from the coast in many days, fearing the prospect of running into someone even though she was trying her best to shed the dark fears of her past, fears that she now knew would haunt her for the rest of her life. Although she might grow numb to them, something she was desperately trying to achieve now, she would never escape the nightmares of the man who had abused her, of the man that she had killed.

Rubbing the finger-joint of that very man between her own delicate digits she forced herself to continue on deeper into the cool embrace of dense trees and vegetation until finally a break in the canopy bathed a wash of ethereal light onto her plush auburn fur that lay bare where her scant clothes did not cover and her fall of mahogany hair which trailed along her shoulders and back. She paused to welcome the light but discovered she felt no warmth from it as rain trickled lightly through the small opening where leaves could not stop its descent.

The damp vegetation tried its best to chill the Russian girl but she kept moving forward at a light jog through the brush, keeping her blood flowing and soon she felt as if she was amid a tropical heat. Marishka had traveled far to the West of the forest before she finally paused to catch her breath and cool down, allowing her time to look about with her uncommon violet eyes, her thoughts slowly catching up to her.

It seemed as though her thoughts and her dreams would always take her back to the pains of her childhood and she wondered for a moment if when she was finally close to death would she dream of something good? Her gaze flicked to her highly polished and well sharpened dagger on her hip, hand hovering above the hilt for a moment before she clenched it into a fist and quickly looked away. She knew nothing good enough to be able to find reprieve in eternal slumber.

Frustrated and exhausted she knelt by a small pooling of water and splashed her face, trying to shock her mind into silence long enough for her to think of other things, rocking herself back to sit on her heels with her palms placed on her thighs, tail flicking back and forth, trying her best to empty her mind.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00051e; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... irates.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:4px solid #cbd9e9; padding-bottom:345px; font-family: helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2f4675; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

WC: 383

She wondered if she was spending too much time away from her new home rather than actually in it, it made her worry that maybe she was better off being alone? She’d met so many wolves and barely met any in her own pack. Well she hoped to rectify that… after she figured out this small patch of area she hadn’t been to. She’d climbed up into a tree, she wanted to see if she could get a good view over the canopy. She originally had come looking for healing herbs that grew wild around here, she was new at the whole thing so she missed quite a bit, and now that she was frustrated she figured she’d do something for herself, seeing the tops of the trees in the dreary day might make it worth it.

She made it to the top and could see quite a bit, but because since it was raining, it just didn’t feel like it should have and she dived beneath the trees. Disappointment seethed through her as she moved down to get to the forest floor, just before she heard a splashing noise, her heart skipped and she got so scared that she slipped on the next branch she had been trying to put her foot on. And she fell, not a great distance as she was already near the ground, but the impact on the earth hurt her terribly, she’d landed right on her back and it plain hurt. She closed her eyes letting the tears run out from the pain, which was a temporary distraction from what had scared her. Thinking about it again she opened her eyes to see the auburn maned, and brown colored wolf standing in front of her. Her face grew hot, knowing she was blushing, feeling glad for her dark fur that was hiding it.

Um… sorry if I scared you, I don’t normally do that.

She said apologetically, pulling herself up with the aid of the tree, feeling more embarrassed then ever. She wasn’t normally so clumbsy, at least not on purpose. She was rubbing her backside to make sure it hadn’t gotten hurt too badly, she doubted there were any broken bones but she was sure that the next day… she’d be feeling that for a while.

<style>
.lili-horse1-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse1 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse1 b {color:#554531; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-border {width:322px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

So distracted with her own inner turmoils she didn't notice the hybrid woman scrambling up a nearby tree, Marishka watching her reflection in the small pool and lightly rubbing her hands along her thighs, feeling a chill that was not caused by the damp forest. Bushes suddenly rustled over head and a few droplets of rain hit the water causing her reflection to distort within the ensuing ripples.

Her ears flicked back suddenly when she saw a dark brown and white accented form falling to the ground behind her, crashing onto their back hard. Muscles tensing Marishka jumped to her feet in a low crouch, reaching for her dagger as she twisted around to scuttle back a few feet, violet eyes flashing even in the meager light. As the stranger recovered Marishka had time to asses the situation. It was just a woman, though just a woman didn't cover it for Marishka, she had never been around another female except for the few other girls she was locked away with back in Russia.

A frown creased her sharp, exotic features as she relaxed her hold on the dagger and straightened out looking over the strange featured and colored woman. Marishka had never seen a wolf with those colorings before, this woman was obviously a hybrid like Marishka but certainly very different. Maybe she had dog in her? Marishka could never be sure, she had met many mixes in her travels but none like this stranger.

When the other woman spoke Marishka's frown deepened and she shook her head lightly as she spoke, “you did not scare me.” Her Russian accent was thick and a little defensive, she did not appreciate being called out on any weakness. She had in fact not been scared but steeled with determination to protect herself no matter what from whatever threat that this stranger might have happened to present, but with none present she tried her best to act cordial.

She remained distant as the other woman pulled herself up with the support of the tree, noticing keenly as she rubbed her back. “Uh, you are hurt?” Marishka asked, placing her dagger back in its holster slowly, her gaze never leaving the other.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00051e; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... irates.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:4px solid #cbd9e9; padding-bottom:345px; font-family: helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2f4675; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 301

She felt she offended the wolf in front of her, who didn’t seem to care for the words that came out of Lili’s mouth and Lili felt bad, she blinked a few times somewhat confused, before answering hastily

I’m sorry, I didn’t say I did, I really didn’t

She said apologetically, feeling she’d probably be doing this over and over again in her life. She stopped rubbing her backside, quite sure that there were no broken bones just a really hurt bottom. She even moved her tail about to make sure it was working properly, but did little else with it. The female in front of her seemed conscerned and she smiled a little

I’m sure just a few bruises, a mark to tell me never to climb a stupid tree again

She felt like a pup for saying that. Normally only little ones would climb trees and she wasn’t anywhere near a pup, in age or in height, making her feel even more foolish. She looked at her company who was putting her knife back where it belonged, she seemed rather forlorn, lost, confused, almost the way Lili felt when she saw her mother waste away.

My name is Liliana Vess, it’s a pleasure to meet you… even if I did just fall out of a tree.

She was getting better with wolves, that was great. That made her rather happy if she was getting better maybe someday she wouldn’t be as shy as she was. She didn’t even stumble on her words this time. She was making progress. That was enough for her. She waited for the other to answer, noting the beautiful colors on her, and how well they blended in together, she was a very beautiful wolf, making liliana feel… rather dirty just being near her.

<style>
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Flexing her right hand where scar tissue made her fingers hard to stretch Marishka titled her head to the side as the other woman spoke, apologizing and denying what she had said before all in the same breath. Marishka only shrugged, unsure on how to reply and not really seeing why she should accept an apology when she wasn't all that offended. “I’m sure just a few bruises, a mark to tell me never to climb a stupid tree again.” Marishka smirked at what the still unnamed woman said, nodding in silent agreement.

Climbing trees was for pups but even more so for trying to escape things. Marishka had hidden in a tree once before but she had not fallen, falling would have meant capture for her. It would have meant death. She still had been a pup then though but she would still risk the long drop from the thick boughs of a tree if it meant survival. It didn't seem like this other hybrid meant to survive anything.

Finally the other woman introduced herself and at a loss on how to really act in front of anything that didn't have something swinging between their legs Marishka attempted a small smile and said in turn, “Marishka”--and since she wasn't sure quite yet if it was a pleasure to meet this other girl or not she supplied--“from Russia on zee wood of a great ship.”

A brief silence overtook her as she waited awkwardly, unsure on what to do or say. She hated this feeling, not knowing what to do, it made her feel incompetent. She had known what to do when she had laid next to the man who imprisoned her as a child, knew what to do to escape that life, knew what to do when it came to getting what she needed--especially from men--but now she was at a loss at what to do and it was just a simple conversation.

“You are from near here?” Mar asked hastily, not wanting to seem too rude or uninterested, she had made a goal for herself to socialize more and she wasn't about to quit that goal now.

<style>
.mar .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.mar p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.mar b {color:#938b70; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.mar {background-color:#5f522a; background-image:url(http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9607/tableheaderv.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:243px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: helvetica, serif; font-size:11px; color:#241C15; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.mar-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.mar .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dashed #938b70; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short but sweet ^^ oh and love that table!!!

When the awkward silence was broke by Markisha’s introduction, Lili’s face lit up, A ship, Liliana had never been on a ship let alone a boat, this excited her because she’d heard a few stories from some of the coastal packs, how they came on ship or boat, or how they watched them , but because they were so few Liliana never got to see any of them, her parents never went to the coasts, and she never saw any near AniWaya’s waters. This excited her greatly, but she kept the questions she had in the back of her mind to answer the pretty wolf’s question.

I do live near here actually, I live in the pack of AniWaya,

She said, she was a bit excited to ask about the boats but made herself quiet, she tended to scare anyone off with her easy to excite nature.

I have never been on a ship before, how do they move, and how far away did you come? I actually have no idea where that place is honestly, I’ve never seen anything

She stated, her parents never really owned any maps they were both illiterate, making Liliana just the same, she couldn’t read much less understand what a map had on it. So she would have been clueless when she saw one.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Thankies! I decided to attack photoshop and this is what happened lol

“AniVaya,” Marishka repeated, the unfamiliar words sounding strange due to her thick accent. “It ees a family with wolves like you?” She asked, curious to know how the packs around here worked. Marishka herself had never been part of a pack before, they were as foreign to her as boats were to Liliana and Mar was more interested then she cared to admit.

When Liliana asked about ships Marishka smiled brilliantly, a sparkle to her violet eyes. Now this was a topic she could speak of and she found it quite easy to continue their conversation with such questions being asked. Perhaps she didn't need to flirt after all to talk, but was she getting anything she wanted out of this? She didn't seem to care at the moment, happy she was doing something normal as opposed to the destructive nature she normally inhibited.

“Ships glide along ze water, they use large cloth to catch wind which make ze boat move.” Marishka replied, trying her best to speak English, she had grown rusty over the past months, more used to her native tongue. “I zhink it vas a month it took to cross ze ocean, одна тысяча шестьсот лиг,” she continued, trailing off in Russian before realizing and translating: “it mean, sixteen hundred leagues, a long vay.” She smiled fondly, thinking back on her time aboard the ship; Captain Nazariy who was a kind man and lover, showing her the ways of the sea and that not all men could be cruel. The other men who worked alongside her, the young first mate Chikr who tried his best to woo her but in the end got knocked to the floor when he tried to use the Captain's nickname for her--"little fox"--luckily he was a friend or he would have lost his tongue.

“Mother Russia is far away,” Marishka mused aloud, though silently she finished “and I am glad it is.”

<style>
.mar .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.mar p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.mar b {color:#938b70; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.mar {background-color:#5f522a; background-image:url(http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9607/tableheaderv.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:243px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: helvetica, serif; font-size:11px; color:#241C15; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.mar-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.mar .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dashed #938b70; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 374

i'll make a better post next run, this isn't the best ; ;!

She shook her head a little, at Marishka’s question about her pack. They were a family of wolves yes, but she doubted there were many mix breeds well dogs mixes really, but she had not met more than half of her pack yet.

There’s all sorts of different wolves but in a way we are a family, I just joined them not too long ago

She listened with anticipation as the female described the ship, she imagined something like a blanket in the breeze when she described the cloth, although it probably didn’t have as much freedom. She imagined something like a very big log as the boat itself because Marishka had said it was wooden.

A month! How could you hunt? How did you drink? That’s a long time to be out at sea!

She would have automatically thought they drank from the sea, but she knew perfectly well about salt water and fresh water, and they couldn’t drink from the sea. This baffled her, how could they go so long without eating, were they trained like bears to eat for a whole three months before hibernating or something? Hearing the Russian she tilted her head confused, it seemed to come of the other wolf so brilliantly, like a song, she kind of liked it, maybe she could learn some Russia… well she’d have to learn how to speak proper English and that was the only language she knew. But once Marishka translated what she said it had gone over her head, distance she did in the amount of steps it took to get from one place to another, she never counted more than 500 though, but she knew she traveled quite a ways when it was just her mother and parents.

Do you miss it? I couldn’t imagine being so far away really, although until recently I never had a home really, home is where my rump sat.

She said, now starting to feel the bruising pain the fall from the tree had caused, she even forgot what wholeheartedly stupid idea she had to climb it in the first place, but it didn’t matter now she was talking and learning something about boats, something she never really learned before, it was amazing!

<style>
</style>[/html]
Post got deleted and I'm way to tired to rewrite it. -_- I'll fill this in tomorrow.