what's in your head?
[html]
No need to worry 'bout everything I've done

Live every second like it was my last one

Sitting in her den, she felt a cold shiver run up the length of her spine. Her fur tingled and she looked down at it, the amber color matching her hair and the golden cream running along her chest and stomach - she was beautiful, let anyone tell her otherwise. She did not look her age; in fact, she might have been considered the same age as her oldest daughters save for the experience and wisdom blended into her actions and demeanor. She fooled a lot of people, but she couldn't fool herself. She wasn't happy anymore. She hadn't been happy since Kaena left, and she wondered in her heart, scared and pounding, why exactly that was. Why she needed someone to love her. To validate her worth. To tell her she wasn't an abomination, that she wasn't wretched. Why did she need?

The glow of a nearby fire flickered dully against her green eyes; the spark was gone. She looked hollow and dead, but her spirit was in there restless and fretting. "What's in your head girl?" There was no answer, but she knew. She knew it was treason, it was dangerous. Thoughts of the past and a peaceful, happiness flooded her senses and she smiled briefly. The Glen. Her glen.....their glen. Oh, she missed him. Humming gently to herself the amber Alpha eased her back until it was touching the wall and let her fingers run across the smooth pale ground. There, in the dust and the dirt two words formed of their own accord. Labyrinth Glen. A dream was born.
[/html]
[html]

Deuce woke up slowly, groggily. She stretched, wincing at the pull on her fractured leg. It was healing, but not fast enough. She picked up the knife, taking a slow look at her sleeping mate. He'd been unfaithful. It hurt. She still wasn't sure she was staying with him. She stood slowly, gritting her teeth against the spasm of pain from her fractured leg. She didn't have anymore idea what to do for it. It was time to go see Fatin, who was a far better healer than Deuce would ever be.
She used her cane to limp down the hall. A little over a month, and the damn thing hadn't healed one bit. She paused outside of fatin's den. She wore the knife in a scabbard on her hip this time, her white blonde mane braied and tossed behind her. She paused outside of the alpha's den, then spoke softly. Lady Fatin? May I speak to you? She wasn't sure if the alphess had ever forgiven her or not; now she didn't have a choice but to speak with the woman. Perhaps the red woman could help setle her uneasy mind, as well.
Today was another sane day. But Deuce was aware that she would have her off days, and not remember them. Almost always, she ended up more wounded than before, after one of her dark days. Deuce didn't know what to do for that, but knew it was time to try.
[/html]
[html]
No need to worry 'bout everything I've done

Live every second like it was my last one

The moment that one of her packmates approached, her hand swept aside the scriptive words and she removed all evidence of her lofty dreams. There were, apparently, more pressing matters if Deuce was approaching her freely. "Of course." She said quietly, eyes opening to watch the white woman approach. She had been heavily injured, and it seemed it was an old wound. "Who got ahold of you?" It was an even question, said with the curiosity of a pack leader and also of some mild family member. Lucifer was like a nephew to her, and Deuce was mother to her oldest granddaughter - or was Phasma? She forgot the ages.

There was still the mild stab of anguish at thinking Deuce had denied Dierdre. She did not know what matters had brought the two white females to that point, but with any hope the matter had settled itself. Fatin was not beyond anger when it came to her family; in fact it was especially unsettling to her. Waiting, holding her breath slightly, the amber woman lifted her body off the floor and brushed the dirt off her pelt. She wouldn't be seen just slacking around, after all.
[/html]
[html]

Who got ahold of you? The pregnant woman shrugged. honestly, i don't remember. A coyote. Lucifer would remember better than I. He's the one who brought me home. She limped in. the leg bothered her more somedays than others. Perhaps because she was pregnant, and showing it, it was bothering her more. She didn't know.
She moved into the doorway, still somewhat hesitant about enering the leader's sactum. I was hoping you could do something to help it further, since you are far more knowledable of herbs and healing than I am. She hesitated, then added, I also have a gift of of sorts for you.
A peace offering would be more likely terms. The pale fey had gone back to drawing, this time in a large sketchbook she'd found in her den-house in the city. She offered the drawing to fatin. There, on paper, stood thanos with the tiny pup who had once been Deirdre. The last time the mother had seen him inside souls. She'd seen him once, outside of souls as well, but what transpired was between them.
[/html]