When the stars fell, I knew it to be the end
[html]

OOC Name: Alexa Jade

Preferred method of contact: AIM, board PMs

Character Name: Rowan Kokoro

Character Age: Two years

Character Gender: Male

Desired Profession Path, if any: an Itse to start, but then an Ayastigi and hopefully become the Katakanehi one day.

Regular Wolf or Luperci: Regular wolf - grey

How did you hear about 'Souls?: I found it on a "Top Ten Roleplaying Sites" about wolves. (:

It wasn't like this scene hadn't been played before. It was like a song put on repeat, but the chorus kept changing.

Rowan's paws made no noise as he walked across the ground. His tail slowly swished from side to side as his body made its way through the brush. Loneliness seemed to be the only friend Rowan had - the closest thing to family there was for him. Granted, it wasn't always like that. At one point, he did have a family and a home to call his own, but that was long ago. Or at least, time made it seem long. Two years without a mother, and one without a father and a missing sister isn't exactly the best way to grow up. None of that mattered to Rowan anymore, though. He stopped thinking about his past, when everything of his was the past. It was time to look towards the future; and what better way to do that, then to start a new life.

The trees seemed to shake with anxiousness as Rowan came closer to the border of the AniWaya pack lands. Although Rowan seemed to show no emotion of it. Fear didn't come easily to him, just like his father. There weren't many things that he was afraid of, at least, not since his sister disappeared. He was taught to never show fear because it showed the enemy you were weak. Rowan wasn't weak.

Finally, he was there. Rowan stopped moving and he placed his paws as close to the border as he deemed necessary. A deep breath let him inhale the new scent - an aroma that has obviously developed over time from the various creatures that lived here; a smell that was home to them. One that hopefully would become home to Rowan too. Another deep breath and the gray wolf lifted his head to the sky and howled to the heavens, calling for a leader to come forth. He moved his head back down to its original position and stood there waiting, hoping for his call to be answered.

He was hoping for a place to call home.

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
.rowana01-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rowana01 p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rowana01 b {color:#DFD5C9; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.rowana01 {background-color:#A6865C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/rowan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:155px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:tahoma, serif; font-size:10px; color:#272118; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto;}
.rowana01-credit {font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She had been feeling more tired than usual, and a yawn escaped her muzzle as she looked out over the lands. She had just finished with repairing a portion of the fence that had been damaged in the last big storm; a tree had fallen over onto the chain-link and had bent and bowed it inward on itself. The leader had been the one to find the damage and had chosen to go and fix it herself with the few tools that she knew how to use.

Her work done, the dark luperci began to roll up the remaining bit of fencing that was leftover from the repair. Pale green eyes searched through the brush, looking for any bits of brown or white among the trees. Her horse, Bayard, had come with her and had helped pull the cart with the fencing on it. She would need his help to get it back to the village.

Ember's ears perked up as a long howl drifted through the trees toward her location. She picked up the pile of wires in a hurry, padding through the trees in the direction that she had last seen her steed. Ah! There he was. She tossed the wiring into the cart and lept up onto the appaloosa's back, speaking to him in low tones. They would be upon the newcomer in a matter of minutes.

The sub-leader wore no cloak today, as it was one of the warmer days, a weapons-belt strapped firmly around her waist. She often carried her sword with her on her left hip, an axe and dagger accompanying them. She displayed her weapons openly as a method of warning off wolves who would seek to do her or her pack harm. They weren't just for show, either. She knew how to use them, trained with them each morning.

The cart's wheels shook and it wobbled as they hit small bumps along the way. It didn't take long before she could see the wolf who had arrived, though, so she wasn't too worried about the cart's stability. They got to be around twenty meters away and Bayard came to a quick halt. Ember dismounted and took a few steps forward, raising one hand in greeting. "'Lo there, stranger. You've reached th' boundary of the AniWaya pack"

[/html]
[html]

Rowan looked up at this creature that approached him. 'This must be one of the leaders,' he thought. He cleared his throat and took a deep breath, preparing himself for any rejection coming his way. "Well, then I have come to the right place," he answered, neglecting to add the 'hopefully' he said in his mind. "I wish to join your pack, if that's alright. I've been traveling for quite some time looking for a new home, and I feel like the AniWaya pack would be right for me." Rowan studied this female, noting the way she spoke and the way her body movements reflected it. She seemed very empowered and strong-willed, much like a warrior.

'I wonder if my mother was like this; independent and able to make decisions for herself.' Rowan disregarded this thought and shook his head, rattling his brain to shake out the thoughts of his mother. The past stays in the past and doesn't belong in the future was what he has tried to stick by his whole life. So why has he all of a sudden started thinking about his mom? Nevertheless, Rowan was able to remove the thoughts from his head and focus and trying to gain access into the pack. He put his attention back on the female wolf. "My name is Rowan Kokoro. Can I assume that you are one of the leaders of this pack?"

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
.rowana01 {background-color:#A6865C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/rowan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:155px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:tahoma, serif; font-size:9px; color:#272118; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto;}
.rowana01-credit {font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She had been faced with a newcomer just a few days prior to this, Laika, and had accepted the female into the pack. Ember liked many of the duties that came with being a leader, and this was one of the things that she particularly enjoyed. She liked getting to meet the newcomer and find out a bit about their story, about why they had come to AniWaya. Each wolf had their own reason for coming to join the tribe.

The dark wolf examined him as he spoke to her, keeping her eyes sharp. He seemed tentative in his actions and in his tone of voice. She watched carefully for any signs of aggression, keeping one hand trained on the hilt of her sword. As he spoke more she relaxed a little, letting her arm fall to her side. "I see. Ember Phoenix is m'name...and you've got that right, about me bein' one of th' leaders. I'd like ta ask you a few questions, though, before I allow you t' come inside my lands. What sort of skills do you have that might benefit our tribe?" She asked.

[/html]
[html]

Rowan noticed the way she kept her hand close to her sword, seeming to be prepared for any action that might arise. Her accent was very strong, and in a way, it made her more powerful. At least, it seemed that way to Rowan.

"My skills, you ask? Well, I'm a very good hunter and although my fighting skills aren't perfect nor exquisite, I can defend and jump into battle when I need to. I'm not going to go and hyperbolize what I can do by saying that I'm the best there ever was because I'm not. I can bet you that there are many - no, PLENTY - of other wolves who can do a better job than me at finding food and battling. One thing you can count on with me, though, is that I am loyal and honest, no matter what. I know that's not a skill, but I figured I'd add that in, in case you were wondering if I was trustworthy."

Rowan knew it was best to tell the truth. He always knew it. That way, you wouldn't have to live up to the expectations of anyone but yourself. When someone were lie, he or she would have to live up to the expectations of someone else; someone they're not, and that's not right."Call me old fashioned, but I don't mind that I'm not perfect."

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
.rowana01 {background-color:#A6865C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/rowan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:155px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:tahoma, serif; font-size:9px; color:#272118; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

He had a lot to say, but she didn't mind. Ember wasn't too talkative of a wolf normally, but she did like hearing from those who came to their borders. What he said was interesting to her; he was already a bit of a warrior, it seemed. AniWaya tried to stay out of conflict whenever they could, unless it was necessary. Ember only wanted to use her weapons if she had to.

"Wow, that's real interesting to hear..I'm a warrior myself. We have a rank tier for people who are skilled in usin' weapons, or who want to learn more about fightin' to defend the tribe." She said. "Did you come from a place where such a skill was valued? And you're lookin' for a permanent home, yeah?"

[/html]
[html]

Rowan was hesitant in his answer. He was never really in a pack before. He learned everything from his father, but what he learned was valued in order to survive. "Well," he stammered, "yeah, I guess. I mean, when you live on your own, you need to defend yourself against other wild animals. So, I mean, it helped me stay alive and get me here." Rowan looked at Ember to see her reaction. 'Should I have told her that I lived on my own? Will she think I don't know how to behave in a pack? What if she doesn't accept me? Where will I go? What will I do?' These questions raced through Rowan's mind. He was worried, but why? If he had been lived by himself, then why should he be so worried about rejection?

The silence was eery to him. It was weird to be talking to someone other than himself for once. It was...relieving. Rowan cleared his throat again before answering Ember's next question. Did he want a permenant home? Is that why he traveled here? "Yes." The answer didn't surprise him, no, but what surprised him was the confidence in his voice. He sounded very positive, so sure that he wanted a home. He was sick of being alone and having no family.

He was sick of being shrouded in darkness.

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She had been somewhat of a wanderer before coming to AniWaya. Ember was only two years old, but when she had been younger she'd been almost a completely different wolf. She'd been the type to flip in a moment, almost as if she'd had some sort of personality disorder, and she had been able to go from being baseline to extremely ticked off in less than a minute. Back then it had seemed like she'd always been looking for a fight of some kind, to get her rage out on someone.

After her sister had broken her arm and beaten her, she had met Tayui and had been brought to AniWaya. The tribe had been in its very beginnings then. After some time she had settled down and had began more constructive work...she'd found her sword, Lightning, and had began to train with it and other weapons each morning. Then Dawali had made her the second-in-command in the tribe. Things had gone pretty smoothly since then.

"You're right. From what I hear, you'd make a great addition to this tribe. I'll accept you at the general rank, Itse...and once yer more established you can choose if ya wanna take the warrior tier. D'you want me to show you around a bit? I wish I had another horse...but I only brought my stallion Bayard with me today. You could walk alongside" She said. "But in much fewer words..welcome to AniWaya" Ember gave him a deep nod, making a motion toward the lands.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

YAY to ACCEPTANCE! Big Grin ♥ Heheh. Thanks again [:

Acceptance. Finally. After all this, his goal was finally achieved. 'Maybe I can finally have a family now.' he thought. 'I never thought I could ever feel so...happy? Well, that is if I really am happy. I mean, I should be excited for being accepted, and I am. But then why do I still feel so empty?' Rowan looked at Ember's eyes, feeling oddly comfortable around her. It wasn't that feeling comfortable around someone was odd for Rowan, it was that he had only just met her.

"Actually, would you mind showing me around? I'd really appreciate that. And I don't mind having to walk. Walking keeps me at peace. I feel more at one with the world when I walk." Rowan looked across the land he was about to enter. It was now home. Finally, a place to call his own. Rowan took his first step into the AniWaya land. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling the new scents that he would soon be used to. These would be the scents that he would begin to breathe in everyday. Rowan smiled and looked up at Ember. "Thank you, so much."

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She was more than happy to show him to wherever he wanted to go. Maybe he would want to see where he could live...or the village, or the ceremonial fire, which was always burning. There were many interesting things for him to see. She supposed that for now, though, she ought to show him somewhere that he could sleep. "You're welcome."

Ember walked back to Bayard and the horse nudged her with his nose. She hoisted herself up onto his back, motioned for Rowan to follow her, then began to walk toward the village. "Fer now you could stay in one of the houses in the village. Or there's always the option of finding or making a den. I like to keep myself apart from the others, like my peace and quiet. I have a son, and he gives me enough to worry about"

[/html]
[html]

Rowan pondered this for a few moments. Having a home in the village would allow him to interact with the other pack members, but then again, he isn't exactly the best social hound out there. Having time to himself is where he thinks best. Sure, he'd like being able to talk to other wolves, but being alone is what he liked best. "Well, I think I'll try finding my own den. I'm conservative and not very talkative, so I think I'd rather have a den away from everyone. I mean, I'll mingle, but I'd rather have my own place, if you know what I mean. That's just the way I am."

Rowan continued to walk alongside Ember towards the pack. He was curious to know things about her, though. She had a son? "If you don't mind me asking, what's he like? Your son, I mean. Like, how old is he? Maybe I shouldn't be asking, since curiosity killed the cat, but I'm hungry, so if the cat's dead it's just more food for me to eat." Rowan liked this, this talking business. Not that he hadn't done it before, but it had been so long since he had talked to someone. He wanted to know more about her. Would she maybe become his friend? Or was that not appropriate since she was a leader of the pack? There were so many questions racing through Rowan's head, he could barely think. He could barely grasp his voice and speak, without wanting to say ten other things.

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She knew of a few places where there were some caves immediately available, but she wasn't sure what type of a den he was looking for. A temporary place would do for now, until he got more settled in. At least it was summer, though, that she was thankful for. Ember had been slowly adding an extra room onto her den, a little room just off of Lotus' room. She had never thought she would need more space, but as it turned out Lotus had acquired more toys than she had room for. She was glad that it wasn't winter or fall, when the ground was harder and more difficult to work with. "Alright, we'll head toward Adagio Creek. There are some good caves near there that would make due for now" She said.

When asked about her son, a smile lit upon her face. Ember had never thought that she would be one to take on such a role, but when her absent sister had asked her to care for the child she had accepted without a second thought. She now considered other pups in the future; Lotus was always asking when he was going to get some siblings. He wanted more pups to play with.

Focusing on the question at hand, she replied. "He's just Lotus. He's got his own peculiarities...he believes that he's a girl. And he don't like for me to call him my 'son'...he always wants me t'call him my daughter. An' he doesn't care much for any boyish toys...he likes stuffed animals." Rowan had said that he was hungry, and she had a quick thought as they passed by a very familiar part of the territory. "My den's nearby...I could grab you one of the hares that I caught yesterday. I been storin' em underground in a big hole to keep 'em fresh."

[/html]
[html]

"Yeah, sleeping in a cave for once sounds like a good idea." Rowan thought for a moment. When was the last time he slept in a den? 'After dad died,' he thought. 'Once he was gone, and Ophelia still wasn't found, I couldn't stand to be there anymore. It had too many memories. So I left.' He was alone for about half a year before he thought about joining a pack. The other half of his lonely year was spent trying to find the right one. Rowan had seen wolves together, hunting, playing, talking. He wanted to be like them. He wanted to be a part of it.

He chuckled a bit when Ember spoke of her son. "He sounds like a lot of fun." Rowan smiled. "I wish I had someone like him. Someone that's not afraid to be themselves. Maybe not a kid, and maybe not a sibling, but maybe just a friend. I haven't had a friend in awhile. They sound like fun." He himself began to feel like a kid again; wanting things that weren't attainable. He sighed deeply. "Sorry. For some reason, I feel very open right now. My apologies." He bowed his head to add emphasis. "But um, if you wouldn't mind sharing, hare sounds really good right now." The wolf's stomach grumbled at the thought of a real meal.

Image from Iamidaho.
<style>
</style>[/html]