Aislinn [J]
1. Character Name: Aislinn
2. Character Birthdate (including year): January 11th, 2008
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Non-Luperci
4. Species: Canis Lupus
5. Gender: Female
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). MSN: himizuayumi@blueyonder.co.uk">shimizuayumi@blueyonder.co.uk
7. Currently played characters: Aislinn
8. How you found 'Souls: On a list of Top 100 Wolf RPs, redirected from Shinkou Ookami
9. Initial post:

Aislinn was never one to wander far from home, but this time was different. She had been driven from her previous home for fear of her safety as the land she knew started to crumble and fall away from her. Her den was to the North, facing South into the Sun on the bottom of a mountainside when all of a sudden it was gone; buried under feet of rubble. She was lucky to get out alive.

The young wolf loped along slowly through the fields she had journeyed through for many days, her back leg dragging a little from the avalanche. She kept staring forwards with bright green eyes fixed on the horizon (for she had no goal) and took each step one at time, only ever thinking about the next and not where it was taking her. She felt a cold sorrow in her heart and this made her non-responsive to all the chitter chatter of the world around her; she barely felt the soft wind ruffling through her blu-ish fur, nor did she register the sharp twang of pain that richocheted in her ankle and forced her to drag her leg like a dead weight.

What she did feel, however, was the tiredness her bones. She had been plodding along for many days, unaware of where she was going. Her head hung low and her tailed flopped lifelessly under her legs. Aislinn's legs wobbled and felt unsteady with each alteration in terrain and she almost felt as though she couldn't go on. She was not one to give up, however, and she walked on regardless of her torment.
[html]

Hey and welcome! Big Grin Here at 'Souls we use our character's name as user name, so if you want I can ask an administrator to change it to Aislinn? Smile

The borders had been relatively tranquil lately, and the young male was given time to settle with the deep contentment that had started to gather and form within his chest. The love of his life had gone away, but life went on and he who once looked back now only looked straight ahead. The depression he knew so well was nowhere to be found despite the losses he had faced. The lilac eyed yearling could not afford taking extra time to dwell with such things that could not be changed, because there was so much else that could be done. Dahlia was still small and had to be handled with care, but it seemed they were slowly growing again and he did no longer fear for the pack’s death. Of course, anything could happen, but people seemed to be happy with what they had. The war was long over and peace had yet to settle enough to be taken for granted just yet.

He drew to a new scent carried by the breeze, a stranger too close to the borders for this to be a coincidental whip of scent from a passing creature. When the form was within his lavender eyesight, he immediately saw the injured leg that refused to function properly for her. The golden male wanted to move in at once to assist her and take a look at the injury, but knew better than to follow impulse. ”Excuse me, Miss, it seems like you could need a hand.” For what? Well, she looked both tired and injured, seen from a mediocre apothecary’s point of view. He stopped at a decent distance and allowed her some space, awaiting response from her uniquely hued form.

Table credit: Alli/Anu
[/html]
I didn't realise, so yes please, I'd like to change it. ^w^

Aislinn plodded with her eyes to the distant land beyond when suddenly she noticed movement. She froze and lowered herself towards the ground, for she did not want to be seen by an enemy (if indeed that was what it was). She moved her eyes slowly to the side of her, careful not to make any sharp movements. She watched the object closely and as her brain clicked, she realised that it was another wolf. Aislinn had been out of contact with wolves for so long and so detatched from herself that she had failed to realise one of her own. However, with this revelation came fear. There was no telling what borders she had strayed within and how this newcomer would react to her arrival; they may attack her if she acted rashly. She pushed her azure ears back onto her skull and lowered herself so as to make it known that she wanted no trouble. This, hopefully, would save her from an attack.

However, when the figure spoke she could not help her ears shooting upwards and facing the male. She looked at him more closely now, realising that perhaps he did not want to harm her. He seemed strong, his golden fur sleek and well-groomed; he certainly looked more nourished and healthy than she did. She was hesistant at first and stumbled upon her words, but finally managed to squeak out a reply at the male. "I have come far and it has not been easy. So help would be most welcome." Aislinn spoke as well as she could, wanting her first impression to be a good one.
[html]

Sorry for somewhat odd and short post--I'm busybusy q_q

She seemed so fragile and worn, poor thing. Golden ears were erect and attentive on top of his gold and cinnamon coated head, white tipped tail lost for movement as he tried to get contact with her. At first she seemed blank, but then recognition was seen in her face and the male tried to offer her a gentle, friendly smile. He studied the unique marking on her forehead. Time would hopefully answer the questions piling up. He was always fascinated by those who decided to mark their bodies with symbols. Cwmfen was the most unique individual he had seen, and Larkspur too had some mystical symbols branded into his flesh. Conor’s figure held nothing, but then again he did not believe in anything. He merely existed, but there was little culture and no religion tied to his life.

His smile brightened as she accepted his offer to help, and the healthy male executed the remaining distance between them, moving up to her side, moving slowly and with care. ”I’m Conor and you’re at the borders of Dahlia de Mai,” he spoke quietly, dipping his maw at her and allowing his lilac orbs to move to injured limb. There was little he could do in his lupus form, but it did not seem to be broken. Was hard to say though. ”What happened to you?”

[/html]
No worries!

Aislinn weakly smiled back at the male. She watched carefully as he drew closer and flinched as he bent close to her. She was still wary of him as she wasn't used to this sort of close contact. Aislinn had faint memories of family members from the winter before the last, but she had not been this close to other wolves since then. She looked backwards at him with bright eyes and spoke quietly,"My den was caught in a land-slide a few weeks ago," She turned her head away and looked between her paws at the grass, contemplating, "I was lucky to escape with just an injured leg. My litter...They weren't..." Aislinn fell silent, her mind clouded by terrified yelps and tiny howls that seemed to haunt her conciousness whenever she thought about what had happened. She started to whimper, her mouth opening and closing weakly and her eyes wide but unseeing. Something clicked, however, and she jolted slightly and refocused herself, turning back to Conor once again,"Sorry."
My sincere apologies for the awful wait Sad My life is very busy at the moment and I have had limited to no computer access. I'm going to go straight ahead and accept you oocly so that you won't have to suffer because of my failing, but we can certainly continue this thread Smile

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your
profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up . Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]

Thanks for your patience Big Grin <3

Ears folded against his skull as the woman explained. His lips pursed slightly, and he had to agree that she was lucky to escape with nothing more than an injured leg. This was before he realized her last words and it stung bitterly in his young chest. He had no children of his own, but those he cared for were dear to him and it was painful to think of a similar tragedy hitting him. Although there had not been a lot of dominance in his stance, it all fell away now as his lips tensed—mouth full of unshed words that wanted to comfort the childless mother. He could not begin to contemplate how excruciating this must have been for her. More than anything, the young alpha wanted to take her in and protect her.

She was not the one that should apologize. The yearling shook his head and looked at her with sympathetic eyes. ”I’m so very sorry to hear,..” He did not know her name, but with such a tragedy soaking the air around them he did not need her name. She wanted to comfort her, but he was merely a stranger to her and she was alone with her bleeding heart. ”You need to rest,” he said firmly, though ever so gently. ”I’d like to take you to my home so that I can clean and bandage your leg, and then we’ll find a place where you can rest.” He hesitated then, realizing that it was possible he sounded sort of bossy. ”Would that be alright?” he asked softly, tilting his head and watching her with the calm lavender gaze.

[/html]
Argh. Short post, sorry

Aislinn kept her head low and peered at Conor into his strange lilac eyes. She found he had a calming effect and exerted a sort of soft pressure that comforted her and reminded her of better times. Her weakness quickly took this effect away however as her paws hurt from standing in one place for too long. She readjusted, turning to face the male so that she was not straining her neck. At his offer, she smiled weakly,"That would be very kind of you." She opened her jaws and yawned, closing her eyes and folding her ears back.
[html]

Don't worry about it!

She seemed to cope well—he knew of many who would be well broken beyond repair by now. Despite the tragedy and pain he was facing, he smiled at her as she offered him a thin on of her own. He was uncertain of how to deal with her though, wondered if he should move in and allow her to lean against him or no. Different individuals reacted in various ways, and the male did not want to give her the impression that he was forcing herself on her when all he wished to do was to try to take some of her weight.

It would take some time to walk home, and he pondered if he should bring her to one of the abandoned dens closer to their current spot or not. More than anything she seemed to need a rest, and he did not wish to make her walk more with the injured limb than what was necessary. He could always go back to Wolfville and pick up his medic bag and return. He figured this would be the best solution for all of them. ”I know a place not far from here where you can rest safely.” The house back in Wolfville was filled up with noise of adults and puppies most of the time, so perhaps she would appreciate the tranquillity an empty den could offer. At least for now.

"My home is in the middle of the pack land—it would be a long walk,” he explained quietly, keeping his purple eyes on her face. ”What is your name?” he now wondered, eager to attach a name to the face.

[/html]
Aislinn peered quizzically as the male seemed to inspect her and she watched him closely, aware that he must be thinking of what to do with a strange newcomer such as herself. In the depths of her mind, she half considered leaving the area and save Conor from the hassle of rehoming her and fixing her leg. However, attached to this thought was the knowledge that she had no where else to go; no warm den to go back to; no pups to nurture; no pack. This thought still saddened her greatly and her eyes flicked to the distance very briefly, away from Conor, until she found her eyes staring upon the male again. She saw him smile and this reassured her that he was friendly enough. From what she had told him, leaving now would possibly leave a lot of guilt upon him and she could not bring herself to do that.

Her ears twitched to attention as he spoke of a home. Wolfville. The name made it sound homely, warm and comforting. Her eyes seemed to twinkle with the prospect of a cosy den, full of people that she could trust but the long walk? She wasn't sure she could handle it until she had rested thoroughly. At his question, she smiled once more and answered,"Aislinn." She then wondered,"Am I keeping you from your family? I'm sorry if I've caused any sort of inconvenience for you...?"
[html]

the end of thread? :]

Some of those he had greeted by the borders lately seemed to lack surnames. Or perhaps they were so intent on starting anew that they severed whatever connected them to the past. Conor’s own family name had been cursed and tainted by his father’s gruesome actions, but he had continued the use of it anyway. It had once been clear in an Inferni hybrid’s eyes that the mere scent of the son reminded her of the chocolate coated father, and while Haku was still a part of him there was no use trying to hide from the truth. There was another reason too. He would show them all exactly how far from the tree an apple could roll.

The woman’s name echoed through his tranquil mind, and as her concern was made clear he was quick to dismiss that possibility with a court shake of his cream and cinnamon painted face. ”Do not worry about that, Aislinn. This is only pleasant.” The young male meant what he said, though he had to silently admit that this sidetrack was keeping him from his family. Then again, what could one expect as an alpha. There would never be time enough for him to do all the things he wanted to. The list of things with different priorities was long, but greeting duty was somewhere near the top of that list.

His golden body moved fluidly, showing way to an ancient tree hollowed out by some force of nature. He would have led her to a cosy, though abandoned den, but with her story and the lost lives of her children he did not want to grant her a place similar to the one where she lost her most precious treasures. The Dahlian male would come back later to take a proper look on that leg. It was such a shame that he rarely brought his medicine bag with him. There had already been a few incidents where it could have been needed.

[/html]