Life is too short, so love the one you got
The raindrops spattered against his dorsal-striped back, rolling gently off of his fur as he strolled near the southeastern edge of Rabbit Lake. His pink tongue lolled lazily as he trotted in the shallows, a thin wall of water spraying up as he pounced at a fish. He half-heartedly sniffed once or twice before nonchalantly continuing to watch the curious minnows dart between his red-tipped toes. With a wily grin he prepared to plunge his muzzle into the water and snap at them simply to see if he could snatch one, but something seemed amiss and distracted gray-black male from his aimless games.

He jerked his head up, the silvery patches in the corners of his indigo-black eyes almost glowing against his slate gray fur. The scent of a pack was strong along the boundaries - but there was one that was stronger: smoke. It was light yet pungent, unmistakable to such a keen nose, and James' curiosity was ignited. Without hesitation he waded out of the shallows, his chest plowing against the resistant, clear waters. A single vigorous shake was all that it took to dry off and he began following the smoke effortlessly around the lakes outskirts.

Silently he walked, padding on nimble limbs towards the glowing fire. His eyes swirled with intrigue as he beheld a figure near the flames, though he couldn't quite make out definite details in the dusky evening. A pile of deer bones caught his attention momentarily and he plucked a nearly bleached rib from the carnage before continuing further. James was only a year old, and his slim frame was riddled with lean muscle. He hoped it would fill out eventually, but figured it wasn't too terrible since he only looked truly scrawny the Lupus form (which he was currently in).

It was difficult to completely make out the wolf's form from his distance, yet by scent he knew it was a male whose scent matched the pack borders. He approached the stranger, maintaining a polite distance between them. His black tipped tail lay relaxed against his haunches and his head was at a respectful height - he didn't know who he was about to encounter, and he was the one intruding on pack lands. The deer rib hang slack in his jaws, clicking hollowly against his teeth with each lazy bite. Soon it hit the damp ground with a dull thud, and James stood still.

"Whatcha got there?" he spoke with a mild Midwestern accent, offhandedly tapping the white-tipped claw on his left forepaw against the bone. James yawned, taking a moment to glance at the darkening sky.
[html]

WC:300+

Carrying his fresh kill and a back pack over his shoulder the coal warrior set away from the manor. The pups were asleep, Ghita was fed and resting, now it was his turn. Jazper craved a balance of nature and architecture. Sure, he loved humans, couldn't get enough of the dead beasts. They had so much talent: painting, building, art, strength and intelligence. It was a shame the lot of them died off. Staying in the large house was comfortable, practical, and always warm in the winter however, it was summer time. The stars were out, the night life was stirring and the forest called to the wolf.

No more than the off night had been spent out under the stars, the real wolf way. Digging a small hole took only a few seconds, it was the gathering of wood and rocks that took such a long time. One by one he placed the sticks on top of each other and around them he laid thin flat rocks. He lite the fire and started skinning the rabbits, tossing the pelts fur side down next to the fire to dry out. Eventually Aro and Sophie would need their own blankets and it was best to start saving up now.. The meat was put down on the stones close to the fire to cook through and the warrior shifted down to his halfling form for a nap.

Just as his eyes started to feel heavy and close, a voice and scent awoke the giant. Large ebony ears shifted forward and he rose to his paws with a quiet inquisitive grumble. Who was this guy to barge into their lands without so much as a howl of notice? It confused Jazper that a wolf would willingly trespass on land and walk right up to the largest wolf in the pack and strike up a conversation. Unsure of what else he could do he stood frozen, yellow eyes staring down the stranger and muscles puffed up to make the giant look even more intimidating. “Just some rabbit...and you are?” He didn't feel a need to be aggressive before he knew the strangers attention, however he showed off his dominance for good measure.

[/html]
[html]

It seems I've stepped over lines,
You've drawn again and again

OOC: heya! so quick question: how do I upload an avatar directly from my files? I can't seem to get it to work, and the white around my avatar is really bugging me x.x thanks!

James winced in his mind at his own foolishness after he had spoken, though the chastisement was short lived. The gigantic black male seemed willing to give the one year old a shot rather than strangle him by his naïve neck.

“Painfully new”, he responded with a sheepish grin, his young head tilting a tad lower to show he was not about to question the huge male’s dominance. His black ears flicked back a tad, and his dark black-blue eyes lowered. “Sorry for the intrusion, I’m James. I’ve just kind of arrived here…” he clarified knowing he should make his intentions known quickly, “and I’m sure it’s obvious.” He took note of the male’s Secui form and realized he had almost abandoned his own Halfling form. It seemed like he never used it, though it was his clear favorite. Funny how things work out sometimes.

The rabbit pelts hung lifeless near the fire and the stench of their blood mixed nicely with the smoke from the crackling fire. It was nothing new for James to be the odd man out, and he dreadfully wished he could recall what had happened the morning his family’s den was raided. Massacred, rather. He huffed to himself subtly, his inky eyes reflecting the pale glow of the fire as he glanced back at Jazper. That’s when he noticed the electric yellow tattoo, or at least what appeared to be one. He would have to ask him about that a little later on. For now, the shaggy, lean wolf needed to gain a clue about where he was.

“Would you mind helping me get up to speed on where I am? It would be much appreciated…” he trailed off with a soft smile before realizing that the bear-like male had been dozing off. James was no victim of stunted growth himself, though Jazper was at least a foot taller than him. “Unless you’d like to rest,” he finished, feeling rude for rousing him. He doubted the ebony male would rest again, especially in the presence of a stranger such as himself, however harmless he may be.

James Damorin

But if the ecstacy's in the wit is definitely out,
Dr. Jekyll is wrestling Hyde, for my pride...

[/html]
[html]

WC:500+

The stranger at least attempted to quickly fix his mistakes. It was a rather pathetic sight. Even children knew better than to walk onto a packs territory without so much as a howl. However, the dark male did submit rather quickly, perhaps he was just a tad slow. Jazper stood still in his buffed up state listening to the blue eyed male with impatience. Maybe it would have been less of a pain to just chase him away instead. One thing about Jazper, you did not disturb a sleeping giant.

Still, the warrior listened to the introduction and decided it would be best to treat this James with some sort of welcome. After all, there was no scent of a pack attached to him, what was the worst he could do? Nodding slightly he agreed, “Very obvious.” It was not every day that a full grown wolf trotted into a claimed territory, grabbed a bite to eat and started chatting it up with such a large stranger. But he had to admit, this James fellow had guts.

Little did the two coal males know of their similarities. Both had experienced a fate that left them painfully alone. Their families had been killed in the dead of night, a single pup somehow managing to cling to life. The scene had repeated in Jazper's head over and over since he had arrived in the land of souls. It was not until he finally found his place in Crimson Dreams as a father and lover, a protector of all, that the nightmare had stopped.

Jame's question about the territory brought the abnormally large brute back from his past. Finally, he sat down and let the fur on the back of his neck lay flat and a grin spread across his face. “No, no, I'm fine. Why don't you have a seat James.” He laid down close to the fire, his sharp amber eyes and the sun tattoo never leaving the others blues. “Well, I suppose an introduction is on order. My name is Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. I live here with my two pups, my mate, her family, and the est of the pack. The pack is called Crimson Dreams. We've been here since the wolfess that was taking care of me brought myself and her mate here. I've been helping take care of the pack since. My mate's sister Savina is the alpha of the pack. “ With a yawn he added, “We're a pretty decent group of wolves. More than half of the pack is related to one another.”

There wasn't much else to add onto that fact. As far as Jazper was concerned this was his home ever since his parents were killed. He had come here with Deuce and Lucifer, her stayed here when they left, when Twilight Vale became Crimson Dreams he took his place as an adult and here he would remain. The warrior had a sense of pride when it came to his now family and pack mates. It was his job to protect, to serve.

[/html]