this is only a game.
[html]

Word Count: 305 Riparian Moors. ^^

The sprawling meadows now at the center of the coyote clan's territory were of particular interest to Kaena. Though the silver-shaded hybrid had enjoyed the caves being at the center of the clan's domain, there was something comforting in knowing most of Inferni was stationed on either end of the most active portion of their borders. Between the Grimwell Caverns and the D'Neville Mansion, most of Inferni guarded this portion of the clan's territory. The silver-furred coyote recalled their former land, and how it had been rather easy to patrol. With the ocean consisting of their eastern border entirely, they so rarely had to worry about threats from that direction. The western border, on the other hand, had been their problem area in those times, naturally—though they had settled relatively far away from the throng of wolf activity, still they found themselves harassed.

Today, however, the coyote was not interested in patroling the borders. She would take care of that tonight—there were plenty of able-bodied coyotes within their borders at this moment, and the hybrid was sure they would also be taking care of these duties. Hunger had gripped her belly, and so she had headed to this fertile part of the land, chasing down a rabbit for a snack near the River Acheron that snaked through this part of the territory. She settled down to eat it immediately—in a few moments there was little more than a skeleton and a few shreds of hide left. A few ravens had settled near her in the meantime, their awkward threnody for the fallen creature sounding through the otherwise quiet area. They hopped to and fro nervously as the hybrid stood and meandered away from the carcass, but they were quick enough to swarm in once she'd begun walking away, heading nowhere in particular.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:321

Riparian Moors was a frequent stop for Keychain. After exploring for a while she had found that she liked this place the most. Meadows were her favorite type of land. The hybrid looked up only to find Kaena Lykoi. Her face immediately lit up as she ran over. ''Hi!'' She beamed. Keychain, for the moment, only felt safe talking with Kaena. Anyone else she would be terribly shy. Though the female was working on her shy attitude, it would be long before she be completely outgoing. A thought came to Keychain, and suddenly she hoped that she was not annoying the other. While Kaena Lykoi seemed like a nice person in her eyes, they had not known each other for that long. In fact, it was just a few days ago they had met. Or was it only yesterday? She couldn't remember. The female smiled at the other as she walked beside her. The memory of her joining the pack flooded over her and she felt a little embarrassed now that she thought back. ''How are you?'' The female asked, after a few seconds of thinking. Trying to make small talk, her small smile that had been there the whole time grew bigger now.

Then Keychain realized something. When she was trying to join Inferni, which was a short while ago, Kaena had told her that someone could teach her how to fight if she was bad at it. She did not say anything though, being too shy to ask a favor of the other such as 'can you teach me how to fight'. ''Hmm...'' She murmured, and it was clear she was in deep thought. Her tongue was visible as it lolled out of her mouth. 'Wait...what was I thinking about again' She thought dumbfounded. ''Meh..'' She uttered, as she dropped her 'thinking' look and just focused on walking in a straight line beside Kaena.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#369FCC; background-image:url(http://www.all-about-wolves.com/wolf_ph ... 84_big.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 167px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#690D82; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 308

The silver-shaded hybrid was glad to have filled her stomach for this evening. She did not make quite so many hunting attempts as she used to, but her success rates hadn't changed much. Rather than chasing after animals and losing them, she was simply much pickier with what she chose to pursue. In becoming old and amassing as much experience as she had over these long years, the silver-shaded hybrid had learned well the movements of sick, elderly, or otherwise easy prey. Such things were good for any canine to know, of course, but it was far more important for an older canine such as Kaena, who simply could not afford to waste so much energy in chasing down prey she did not catch.

The approach of another canine caught her attention, and the ashen-hued female lifted her head, her single eye scanning the area until she spied the movement of the approaching Infernian. This was one of their newer members—Kaena had accepted her not too long ago, and the ashen-hued hybrid was obligated to see how she was making out in the clan. Keychain approached, and the hybrid's smile was brief, though visible—Kae was never one for huge and lasting grins, of course. “I'm doing fine, thank you. Yourself? How do you like Inferni so far?” the coyote woman inquired, tilting her head to the side as the Tirones seemed to gain an air of nervousness about her. “Anything the matter?” Kae asked, hoping Hybrid hadn't been the first one of Inferni Keychain met after her acceptance.

<style>
.kae-giftnuki b {color: #C6CAD1;}
.kae-giftnuki p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 388 I believe C:

It was nice to have a normal conversation every once and a while. Inferni was a nice place to Keychain, she enjoyed it here. She listened carefully as Kaena replied. And after a second she opened her mouth to reply herself. ''I'm good, thank you. It's great so far, though I haven't really met anyone yet.'' After she had finished her last sentence, she gave a innocent yet confused smile as the other tilted her head. ''No, just thinking I suppose. '' The female replied, being careful not to trip over the few rocks she saw. ''You know, I haven't found anyone to teach me fighting yet.'' Keychain spoke a little quieter than usual. She cleared her throat after spacing out for a few seconds. The female was still a bit ashamed to admit her low skill when it came to fighting, but she wasn't that worried about admitting it in front of Kaena. ''Why do you ask? I mean, if there's anything the matter.'' The female asked curiously. Keychain was a little shocked that the other had even asked, but it wasn't a big deal. She began to hum a tune as it was starting to become quiet. Keychain liked peace and quiet on some occasions but not right now. She changed the tune to more of a 'country' style for a moment but then stopped completely. The girl didn't want to annoy Kaena should she not like anything music. To be honest, Keychain was bored, which was the only reason why she would hum at such a time like this.

Keychain LOATHED being bored. But who didn't for that matter? Usually, in front of family, she would whine and complain, but never to others. The female didn't wanted to seem childish in front of friends or anyone else but family. She was, kind of, a completely different person when she was with family. Not that she had any that she had kept in touch with, of course. She started to wonder if Kaena had any family. That might be a stupid thing to wonder. The other probably had tons of relatives. Keychain always assumed higher ranks would have more family than lower. But she didn't know. The girl wanted to ask, but she also didn't want to be nosy so she remained silent.

<style>
.keya01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.keya01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.keya01 b {color:#F4D0F6; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.keya01 {background-color:#B69997; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/key.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 192px 0px; border:1px solid #F4D0F6; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#292322; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.keya01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.keya01 .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F4D0F6; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 319 is awesome for countage! also LATE SORRY <3

In Character

The silver-shaded woman was glad to hear the other canine was getting along so well in Inferni, and she was not so worried about the other woman not having met anyone yet—there were plenty of canines within the clan, and the younger hybrid would eventually find someone. “Good to hear. Have you checked out the mansion yet? A few coyotes live over that way. There's also the caves, too,” the hybrid said. She did not remember if she had told Key these things previously.

“Ah, I can show you some things,” the hybrid said, standing up. In a moment she seemed more active and alive. The silvery coyote had never been one to spar until this return to Inferni; she rather enjoyed it, however, and she found that she was always learning and able to expand her skills. As far as actual instruction in fighting went, however, Kaena was an old hand—she had been breeding her own little Lykoi army and personally overseeing each of their training for the past five years. Now they were spreading beyond her reach, however, and there were an astounding number of them, more than Kaena had ever expected. “What do you know so far?” she asked.

The coyote woman shook her head, and smiled at the other canine's question. “You had just seemed nervous for a moment there. I was wondering if anyone had given you trouble—not that we have a lot of troublemakers. If that was the case, it'd be my job to seek them out.” the hybrid explained readily. As the Centurion, it was her duty to insure that all newcomers to Inferni grew acquainted with the coyote clan. “Which form do you prefer to fight in?” the coyote asked, taking for granted that Key was a Luperci. She did not know that the woman did not shift, of course—such a thing hadn't come up in conversation.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No problem Big Grin & I'm assuming Kaena has always been in Lupus form when around Key? XD - WC: 302

Key was happy with the reply. ''Yeah I've checked out the mansion, like you told me to, remember? I've been to the caves too, but I didn't spend much time there,'' she told the other. The female started to walk a bit lazily. Her paws started hurting a bit, but it wasn't that bad. It would be quite a while before she would have to stop and sit down for a break. Walking wasn't a chore. Keychain was quite glad to hear the hybrid's next words. She almost burst with excitement, but she kept herself from replying too soon. The female didn't not exactly how to tell Kaena what she knew. Fighting was fighting right? You just...fought. There wasn't any special moves...or was there? ''Er, what exactly do you mean? I know how to bite, and claw...'' Her voice trailed off, and she left it at that. Keychain smiled as the hybrid explained why she had asked if anything was the matter. ''Oh. Well sometimes I appear nervous when I'm really not, I guess that's a habit,''she replied quite quickly. Key's look turned into one of shock as she tilted her head in confusion. The female had never exactly seen a luperci up close before. She had heard of them,--though she thought it was a myth at first, she started to believe it later in life--and seen them from a distance, but never enough to get a good grasp of what all three forms looked like. And the only time she had ever seen Optime form was when the wolf was just a blurry dot from miles away. The female was a little afraid of the question, for some reason. After a few moments of silence and tension, Key finally got out, baffled;

''F...Form?''

<style>
.keya01 {background-color:#B69997; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/key.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 192px 0px; border:1px solid #F4D0F6; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#292322; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.keya01 .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F4D0F6; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 367 Hmm, I deserve a smack with a newspaper~ and yiz, Lupus form is good. ^_^

In Character

The silver-shaded woman nodded her head in response, remembering that she generally tried to introduce newcomers to these things—she did not like to leave Inferni's newest members out in the cold, and she did not take it for granted that all of them would be able to figure out where the clan's residence space was. And even if they did, it was always possible that newer members figured they needed an invitation to officially set up shop—such was not the case, and Kaena wished to make that clear to anyone who bore Inferni's scent and called the clan home. “My apologies. Getting old, and I don't remember everything so well anymore,” the hybrid said, baring her yellowed teeth in a fierce grin. Though she passed this off as a joke, it was the honest truth—no longer was her memory as sharp as it once had been, and though she did not feel old, with a decade under her belt, such a label was unavoidable at this point.

“Well, have you ever fought someone for serious before?” the hybrid asked, curious. She didn't mind starting from scratch with Key—it might be easier that way. “Us coyotes and hybrids usually aren't as big as wolves, so we have to work a little harder to stay alive,” the hybrid said, laughing softly. It wasn't really a laughing matter, true—even so, the silver-shaded Centurion had a warped and rather morbid sense of humor. “No problem. As long as you're not having trouble,” the woman responded, the sable tip of her tail wavering in the air behind her. The other canine seemed surprised at the suggestion of forms, and Kaena looked her over in her own surprise. She had not known a non-Luperci (at least not to her knowledge, anyway—sometimes it simply didn't come up in conversation) for a very long time. “I'm sorry, I thought you were a Luperci. It's no problem if you're not, though—I can still help you,” the canine offered. If Key could not shift, it was even more imperative that she learn some fighting skills—even a seasoned fighter might not last against a canine able to change its form.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 302 - XDD Oh and sorry if ''Lupercies'' is not the correct term XP

Keychain smiled a bit. ''It's fine.'' The female brushed it off as if it was nothing. Sighing a bit--not out of sadness, it was actually something similar to a yawn, then listened a little too quietly to the hybrid's next words. She shook her head a bit. ''Not really. I don't like to get into fights, so no one ever really picked one with me, but I used to play fight with my sibling...'' Her voice trailed off. It didn't really matter that she play fought with her sibling, that wasn't a real fight, but Key was told that it helped you learn about fighting in case you had to defend yourself. The female nodded as the other explained why she had asked what fighting moves she knew. ''Yeah I'm not exactly the biggest thing out there.'' Keychain blushed a little. She had just now realized how small she was in the world, though she wasn't THAT small. Still, it made her feel embarrassed. Her tail wagged a little, Lupercies were real? Well, Key had always believed, but never REALLY knew. She blushed again, if Lupercies WERE real and true, the silver-shaded woman was probably a Luperci herself, and Keychain had not noticed it. Oh well, at least she didn't have to admit it. Oh wait. She did. Keychain was as red as a tomato as she admitted; ''Oh. I never actually knew Luperci's were for real...'' If this was common knowledge, Keychain was really embarrassed. She hoped that was not the case. And, Lupercies would probably have a better chance of beating her in a fight with all three forms...so she would HAVE to learn fighting, or else. Keychain shuddered a bit but not much. The female didn't want the other thinking she was scared, or troubled.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Huh. IDK, to be honest. XD

The silver-shaded hybrid was no stranger to education—she had raised many children, and most of them had been finely tuned for battle. Even so, it did not seem her training or her hopes would determine the route proper for her children—and even if they chose a path different from the one she had the highest hopes for, the silver-shaded hybrid held no less love for her family. She listened to Key describe her play-fighting, and nodded, considering—though it was a far cry from any formal training, it was not altogether useless; the formative years were some of the most important, and no doubt Keychain took something away from those tumbles. “That helps, though. Play-fighting is important when you're a child,” the coyote said. She knew this from experience—her own children had been rough-housing and tumbling since they were very small.

“Neither am I, so it's important to keep moving. Use your smaller size to your advantage—they might be bigger but they're not as fast, and you can probably run circles around bulky ones,” the coyote said. The silver-shaded woman hadn't know a whole lot of non-Lupercis throughout her life, and she was not particularly adept at dealing with this delicate situation. “Well, yes. Most of the canines who live around here are Luperci, I think. I do remember, though—it wasn't always so common,” the hybrid said, half-smiling. She could recall that time period some years ago, when she herself had not even known she was a Luperci—with no one to teach her about it, how could she have known?

<style>
.kae-begin .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kae-begin p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kae-begin b {color:#E9B52A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kae-begin {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/kaena/ipb/kae_begin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:180px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E9B52A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C57622; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.kae-begin-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.kae-begin .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E9B52A; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the long wait, my brother came over and...yeah >.>. So short!! I promise I'll break 400 next time D;. By the way, I love that table =D.

Keychain smiled and wagged her tail. She was glad play-fighting did actually help, so she wasn't completely useless at fighting, maybe almost, but not quite. Key listened to the silver-shaded hybrid's words. She nodded. ''Yeah, I always thought because of my pretty small size I would probably hit weak, but hit fast and hit a lot instead of just one big bite if I ever got in a fight.'' That was basically her current strategy. Though, she had never used it. Keychain never liked fights. She was probably better off as a peacekeeper. But I'm in a pack now. It's only right to fight for it. The female reminded herself. That was the only reason she needed to keep herself from thinking twice about learning how to fight.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

No problem at all! I'm laggy myself sometimes, so I understand. :3 Also, no problem with short posts! They're just fine by me. And thank you! I do like this one. ;;

The world had changed quite a lot throughout the scarred woman's lifetime—she had been born a Luperci, but she had not even realized this trait within herself until she was nearly two years old. Her parents had never shifted in her own memory, and they had never spoken of being Luperci, and so Kaena could not possibly have known she was one, as well—she had never even encountered one prior to coming here. The world had changed quite a bit since then; though she had never been much of a traveler, she had seen some of the rest of it again during her most recent departure from Inferni. It had been different from what she remembered.

“That's the idea. Rather than try to inflict all your damage at once, jump in and out of combat. Try to keep yourself from being hit, and move a lot. Keep them confused,” the hybrid woman encouraged. “If you wanted to spar, we could try that, if you'd like?” the coyote asked. She had sparred with Anselm many times, and more recently, with Snake. Both had been invaluable in terms of experience, and the hybrid lamented that she could not have their help sooner.

<style>
.kae-begin .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kae-begin p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kae-begin b {color:#E9B52A; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kae-begin {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/kaena/ipb/kae_begin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:180px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #E9B52A; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#C57622; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.kae-begin-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.kae-begin .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E9B52A; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Er, actually, I meant I would break 300...it was a number error...XD..I just didn't go bother to fix it...yeah..>.>. XD. WC: - 341

Keychain was happy that Kaena approved of her idea. She nodded and smiled. The female made a mental note of the hybrid's words. Her building confidence was quickly shattered unfortunately, at what the other had suggested right after those words. Key had never sparred in her life, in fact, she wasn't even sure what it was. She of course knew it was a fight, but not a real fight, kind of like a playfight. ''Um okay!'' Key finally blurted out. She lowered herself, as if she was going to pounce. ''D-Do I really bite you? As fast, or as much as I can? Or do I just pretend to bite you, but not really? Or even, do I bite you lightly, but not as much as I can?'' The female stammered, unsure of exactly what to do. ''Sparring is kind of like playfighting right?'' She asked, feeling embarrassed for not even really knowing what a spar was. Key was pretty sure it was the ladder, but she didn't want to end up doing a spar wrong.

Key, for a split second, thought what if sparring didn't mean fight? But she shook that thought away, she KNEW sparring was like fighting. Yeah. She gave nervous smile to Kaena, waiting for a response. Key tried to remember the times when she fought with her brother, how did she fight? Even if she was biting as hard as she could, she probably still didn't hurt him because her fangs were not the sharpest thing when she was younger. The simple hybrid mentally sighed in defeat, she could not recall the memories. She had a good memory, but Key was not one to remember certain things like that. The girl kind of wished her brother was here right now. It would be nice to have family with her. Keychain's ears went down, and she felt a little troubled. Key missed her family. The hybrid wished her family was bigger, but she wasn't about to contribute to the family. 'Ew.' She thought.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
My post is short. Sad

Though the younger woman seemed nervous, the scarred hybrid had confidence in her. Kaena was not nearly as frail as she appeared sometimes, and the old woman was certain Key would never intentionally harm anyone, much less her own leader. She seemed too kind, and the scarred woman was glad for it—as harsh a reputation as Inferni had, they needed individuals such as Keychain and Razekiel. Perhaps they were not the first coyotes the scarred woman would seek in battle, but for all the years Inferni had suffered and wrought retribution, a friendly presence in the neutral lands, should Key happen to travel beyond the borders, could do the coyote clan worlds of good.

“You've got it. Try not to actually bite if you can help it—it's easier to get hurt that way. Snap or swipe at the air in front of me, instead. The movement is the same. If you do bite by accident or something, it's no big deal—just remember you're not trying to hurt anyone right now,” the scarred woman said, lightly teasing the dark-hued woman. She seemed down about something and nervous, and the scarred coyote wished to alleviate that to the best of her ability. Perhaps she was not the most sociable thing around, and she did not always know the right thing to say, but such were her attempts.

<style>
.kae-giftalaine {width:380px;border:none;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... tesnow.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom; padding-bottom:165px;background-color:#fdfdfe;}
.kae-giftalaine .inner {text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;color:#8a7384;}
.kae-giftalaine .ooc {color:#d66e6e}
.kae-giftalaine p { text-indent: 25px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px; }
.kae-giftalaine b { color: #d66e6e; }
.kae-giftalaine em { color:#d66e6e; }
</style>
[/html]