a horse is a horse of course of course
[html]

whoa man. :0 it's a little quickly written, my internet was out for most of the day and I can only stay on here a little longer before getting kicked off. :|

WC:: 518

Well, here she was.
It had been a few days after she had accepted into Aniwaya and now nervous excitement dwindled into just nervousness. Now, Laika had responsibilities and expectations to live up to that she hadn’t had back in her old pack. She knew a total of two wolves here, and even then only in passing and only because they helped welcome her to her new home. She said hello to a few other tribesmen and exchanged pleasantries, but she was still a little too shaky to try any more than small talk. It was nearly too much to get used to, but now and again she would witness things that reminded her of home, and made her feel welcome. She definitely had the style of the town down, that was one thing.
Today she decided to explore a bit outside of the village, to clear her head and get a good view of the surrounding area. Taking just her dagger strapped to a belt around her waist(a… ‘gift’ from her father, let’s just say that) and her pendant (a wolf’s eye, a sort of vivid green, sort of like her brothers’. Laika carved and painted it herself about five months ago), she set off to the edge of town.
Standing where the houses thinned and the village, for the most part, ended, she looked left, then right. Which way should she go? Then, a musky smell much like deer caught in the wind swept by her. She knew that smell, if only faintly: Horse! She wasn’t exactly raving about horses, but hey, it could be interesting to see how they live. She wondered if they just wandered around, or if they got their own little houses? She set off in the direction of the smell.

Huh,” she murmured to herself, finally being close enough to tell what the structure was (oh, her bad eyesight could be a bother sometimes! Not like she’d ever admit it, though). “They do get houses.
Laika closed in on the stables, the two horses there lifting their heads and snorted. There was a bigger, horse-like thing a few yards away, in a separately fenced area, but from where Laika stood the thing looked menacing. She didn't bother approaching it, and instead decided to get a closer look at the horses. The closer she got, the more they inched to the other side. One went as far as to even stomp a few times.
I must not smell like the pack yet,” she said aloud, sniffing her hand. “or I’m just a stranger to them.” It made sense, she wouldn’t necessarily trust a stranger that smelled weird.
It’s okay, horses, I’m nothing to be afraid of,” she said, reaching her palm, facing upwards, to the creatures. They seemed a little more at ease, but none of them approached. She wasn’t sure if she was allowed in the stables or not, so she decided to play it safe and watch from afar. She leaned on the fence and watched the horses graze.

picture cred: Mikael Kennedy

[/html]
[html]

WC:326

Liliana was doing her daily chore, feeding the horses first, cleaning them once they were done, today she’d gathered some oats and some hay for them. And had picked a few apples from a tree not too far away, and with help from a wheel barrow she’d found, she pushed her way into the stalls, she was whistling happily, this is where she belonged, if she could she’d live in the stables with the horses, but she felt more comfortable in her hut, maybe she could move it closer, she thought as she backed into the stables, unknowing there was another wolf, she was humming to herself, the only song she’d known, she was taught by an old healing woman in one of the villages much more north than here a long time ago, it annoyed her mother, who had never liked Liliana humming. She wasn’t the best at it, but she was far better than most wolves could think to be. As she pulled the wheelbarrow in, she turned to see another wolf, staring at the horses in a distance

Oh!

She exclaimed her mild surprise, she was use to people coming and going, especially when they were coming to take the work horses out to the fields. She tended to exercise them out in a further field so when harvesting season came they weren’t out of the loop. She smiled, reassuringly,

you startled me there, you must be new

She said, she could tell a new wolf from one that’d been in a pack for a while, she was starting to figure out the distinctions, it was a good thing to her, it meant she was learning.

My name is Liliana, you like the horses?

She asked pointing to the two who’s ears were flipped forward listening to the hybrid talking. They liked her a lot, especially when she gave them apples which was hidden inside a pouch that was on the wheelbarrow.

<style>
.lili-horse2-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse2 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse2 b {color:#B6D6F8; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-border {width:353px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 203

Laika was beginning to wander off in her mind as she stared peacefully at the beasts. She could get used to this area, the peacefulness of it. She had heard of the city, with it's loud noises and uppity wolves that were always going somewhere, somewhere, things to do places to be. She wanted to visit one when she was a pup, and still wouldn't mind it, but now she realized living in such a world would probably wreck havoc on her nerves. She was fine with living as close to nature as she could, although there would always be room for adventuring.

She started slightly as someone said something to her, snapping her out of her meandering thoughts. "O-oh, yes, I am new," she said, feeling her face heat up. "I came to see the horses, I never really have been around them before..." she flicked her head back to the horses. The two seemed quite interested in the wolf, Liliana. Laika supposed she was their caretaker or some such.

Returning her eyes back to Liliana, she said, "Sorry for startling you, aha. I'm Laika, by the way" she smiled, chuckling with embarrassment. "Do you care for them? The horses, I mean,"

Picture by Mikael Kennedy
<style>
.laika-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.laika-separator{width:337px; border-bottom:1px dotted #79787E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.laika p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.laika b {color:#322628;}
.laika {background-color:#E8E8E8; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/14tx8as.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 125px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#230004; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:387px; text-align:justify; }
.laika-border {width:389px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.laika-credit {width:387px; font-size:8px; line-height:8px;text-transform:uppercase; font-familyConfusedmall fonts; text-align:left; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:341

She smiled at the new wolf as she explained why she was here, as her heart rate went to normal she shook her head, basically telling the other female that she was fine, she was always a jittery wolf. She pushed the barrel to the two horses that Laika was watching and they greeted her with their knickers. She smiled and let the wheelbarrow down, too far for the horses to reach.

Horses are gentle creatures once they know there is no threat to them. They can be a best friend with a nice trainer and a good bond to the companion they are to have.

She said, her voice filled with love for the talk, she took a handful of hay and handed it toward Laika

Here give some to one, they won’t bite as long as you keep out of their way as they eat, let the hay go ones the horse has a good hold.

She said, holding onto the hay offering, hoping the other wolf would take it. When Laika questioned if she was the caretaker she had to give it some thought. She did take care of them yes

I do feed them, and take care of them, but these two are the workers, there’s others that wolves own but they may be out to pasture already, but I am a caretaker but by no means do I own them, I do hope to have one of my own soon.

She blabbed, it was hard to shut her up when it came to horses, she got that from her mother, she didn’t mind though, she actually liked that she had something in common with her mother, no matter how horribly selfish she acted with her last days. It didn’t matter anymore though, Lili was here and that is what mattered and she shouldn’t look onto the past as she just had. Thinking of what she’d been taught by her new frend Clover, keeping on the good things in life would make life so much better.

<style>
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 284

The luperci in front of her seemed like a nice gal, and Laika felt herself calm down a bit. Liliana seemed to really adore horses, Laika could see that by the way she talked about them and how the horses seemed quite eager for her to come to them. She nodded along and listened quietly to the praise Liliana gave the beasts, but was slightly taken aback once she handed her a bit of hay.

"O-oh, are you sure...?" Laika began, but nevertheless grabbed the hay and looked worriedly towards the horses. They seemed expectant. Again she felt a little embarrassed, a little scared, but she forced herself to approach them. They seemed bigger up close than she thought they would, but with their doe-eyes and soft stares they were anything but menacing. She held out her handful to the closest one, who after a bit of hesitation reached out its muzzle and began chomping on the hay. Its breath felt hot on Laika's palm and it nose felt velveteen. Once it had a good grasp on the hay, it rose its head and continued to eat.

After a few seconds, Laika walked back to Liliana, rubbing her palm on her thigh to get rid of the few pieces of hay clinging to her fur. She listened to Liliana and waited until she was finished to speak. Laika was never very talkative and was more than happy to listen to other wolves who happened to like to talk. It made it easier for her to stay quiet.

"You seem to really like them; I can see why, they're nice once you get close to them!" she said, "How exactly do you get a horse?"

<style>
.laika-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.laika-separator{width:337px; border-bottom:1px dotted #79787E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.laika {background-color:#E8E8E8; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/14tx8as.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 125px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#230004; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:387px; text-align:justify; }
.laika-credit {width:387px; font-size:8px; line-height:8px;text-transform:uppercase; font-familyConfusedmall fonts; text-align:left; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:377

She watched the little wolf took the hay and walked up to one of the two horses, she smiled with pride as the aprihensive woman fed the horse, and soon relaxed slightly, the horse was on his best behavior, they could smell fear, these two were gentle enough but they had hard mouths so they were made to be workers, rather than riders. Laika came back and listened as Lili finished talking. Smiling at Laika’s comment she nodded.

My ma taught me all I know about horses, they are magnificent creatures. I’ve worked with them all my life, so I know how to treat them.

She chewed on her tongue for a second letting Laika digest what she was hearing, knowing Lili she would talk the poor things ear off it it had anything to do with horses

To get a horse, well you have to catch one or breed them. The breeding part takes a bit longer than the catching part. But then there’s the breaking the horse, as well as training it like it was an actual foal. But the whole thing is just a lot of work, which is where I come in.

She said, although she failed to mention that she had no clue where to find wild horses around here, she was intending to find out as soon as she could of course, but she hadn’t encountered anyone with the experience, and the ones who already had the horses she had yet to meet.

So you have any particular hobbies? Like with me and the horses, except you and something else?

Liliana inquired curiously, she wanted to know more about the newcomer who seemed interested in learning about the horses, maybe she’d make a good helper and she could teach her how to train the horses, but that was entirely up to Laika not Lili, who would surely apprentice her. But she knew that others had their own hobbies, their own jobs, and they would rather do something than sit in the odor of horses all day like lili did. She started picking up an armful of hay, listening for Laika to speak, while she filled the feeding trough of each horse with the hay and oats that filled the barrel.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

SORRY SORRY SORRY :c god i suck at replying, sorry this is ridiculously late, dear.
WC::263

Laika listened intently, trying to be polite and showing genuine interest. Really, she wasn't too interested in getting a horse, she'd always trust her own paws than foreign hooves, but she'd never been too close to anything like them, aside from dead deer.

Her right hand twiddled with a strand of fur as she studied Liliana. She seemed like a nice, honest wolf- wait, strike that, not a wolf, Laika was guessing she was a hybrid. She had the build and the fur coloration of a wolf-dog, anyway. "Oh, huh," she said, once Liliana was finished speaking about her horses. She wished she could say more, but she was terrible at finding things to say to anything. Her normal tactic was to let them talk as long as they wished while she just huhed and hmed and try to make it seem like an actual conversation. The question addressed to her caught her a bit off-guard and she had a momentary lapse of panic- wait what do I do?! - but then found her tongue and said, "Oh, as for hobbies I like painting... but I'm hoping to make a job out of my medical skills," she smiled shyly, she still was unsure of it but it seemed like it was her calling. She loved helping her fellow wolves and she was quite good with herbs.
A question stuck out in her head, and curiosity got the best of her as she asked, "Uh, so do you take care of the horses medically, too, or is there someone else who figures out that?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: sorry this came in later than I wanted it, work is pushing down on me hard.

Liliana was glad that she could speak her mind, and she listened to the wolf as she explained her want to be in medicine, this perked her interest too, she wanted to learn medicines so that she could help heal other animals as well as canines. She’d heard the other part, as well, but wasn’t quite sure what it was.

Painting? I’m afraid I don’t know what you are talking about

Lili said truthfully and seemed quite curious as to what her new friend was saying. Then the next question seemed to stick to her, well maybe she could learn from her, although Laika might be as adept as she was, which wasn’t very much at all.

I would love to help animals if they are hurt, but right now I only feed and groom them, not just the horses, although I love being around them most of all.

She said kindly smiling a little

I would love to learn about herbs and healing plants, I want to be able to tend to the animals in a medical way as well, I’m just having a hard time understanding. I have collected many plants and stuff that I have questions about but they are in my room.

She said, clearing her throat knowing she was speaking a lot, but she did want to get what she had to say out there. Sometimes it was a good mouthful.

<style>
</style>[/html]