wandering over daisys
[html]

Anyone welcome

It was easy to fall into a comfortable doze as the rain dribbled off the leaves and splattered on the ground. Ever slept casually, waking often to check for danger and weather change. Staring out into the unfamiliar territory stirred a strange feeling in her guts. The feeling felt slightly like remorse. Ever shook herself. She was being silly. Know, after so many months with nothing, she had a home. Food. Shelter. That was all she needed. The thought made her head swim and soon her doze became a much longed for slumber.

Ever awoke to feel her pelt soaked and her makeshift den flooded. Her stomach roared in protest until finally she gave in. Emerging from the shaded darkness, the female wandered into the morning. The pale gray light made the air misty and colorless for miles. She trotted into the forest, her gait graceful and swift despite her time resting. The forest ground absorbed most of the water but was washed of useful scents. Ever swung her head around at a quiet rustle in the bushes.

Puzzled, Ever launched herself into the bushes and inspected the area. The smell was the first thing which came strong and potent. Then she saw her. A small bird chirped softly at a group of ants that spilled from a hill. Ever stalked and jumped quickly, landing hard in the bird’s wings, snapping bones. She bit softly and thanked the land for the meal. Ever ate quickly nervously before nosing around the new territory. As her paws padded the earth, Ever listened for any potential threats. A certain scent came strong and bizarre and coated everything. Ever assumed it was the scent of the Miracles wolves, before she knew it, she would be masked with the same scent.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:290px; background-color:#c3947a; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/e8v1g0.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Amazing table by Sara Joe

Ayita had found herself with her son daughter and now a pup a month older then her own. She wasn't sure how the young pup was taking to their home. She was out and about making sure that there was plenty of food in her home. The only challenge she would have was that this pup was nothing more then a regular wolf. She would have to help this pup is she needed it in different ways then her own.

"Ever" Ayita said as she smelt the girl. The word came out in such a weird mumble due to the dead rabbit in her mouth. It was the first thing she had caught in a day or three. She was hearing complaints from her child ever hadn't complied but she didn't know the two that took her in very well.

Placing the rabbit down Ayita smiled looking at the girl. She looked very much like her own family it was funny that Ayita had a pup that reminded her of home in her house. "Ever dear how are you?" Ayita asked smiling. She hoped the pup was adjusting to everything fine.

[/html]
[html]

Ever lay in the moistened grass, watching the blades sway in the gentle wind. She had been there since morning, her thoughts wandering through the clouds. The female closed her eyes and listened to rustle of the leaves. Suddenly, she felt as if something were watching her. Ever's grey eyes looked up to find her adopted mother, Ayita, looking down on her. She smiled and asked how she was. Ever's heart fluttered, awakening something long buried. She had always felt as if her own mother had abandoned her. Without her be Ever’s side, she spent a countless winter without someone to keep her warm or teach her their ways.

Ever shook herself mentally. Lately, the things she encountered in Miracles pack was bringing back the heart wrenching memories she had spent months protecting from herself. The shadowed grey wolf stood, suddenly feeling much smaller than her adopted mother. "I feel much better," Ever replied with a slight smile. She looked around her surroundings again. Ayita and Vigilante lived in a beautiful area. Once again pride filled her tiny body as she realized she was the pup to the king.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:290px; background-color:#c3947a; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/esng3t.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ayita sat herself down on all fours and smiled. She hoped that the young girl was doing ok and not just doing what her daughter did and put it off. She smiled feeling better about the fact that the girl was ok. "Are you hungry or would you like to walk around and talk?" She asked. She wasn't even sure how the girl truly felt about where she was. She didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and she'd hate to do that. "Just remember sweet heart you may stay with Vigilante and I as long as you want. I hope that you are happy with us." She had to stop herself. "I'm sorry I must be making you feel awkward."

She looked at the rabbit she had caught and sighed she'd have to do better then this to keep her small family growing. She wanted to make the girl feel ok. "I hope Amaranth hasn't picked on you at all. If she does please tell me right away she can be a brat at times." Though the young girl was at her uncles a lot and also she spent much time in her wolven form anyhow.

[/html]
[html]

200+

Ever watched her adopted mother. She seemed tense, but it might just have been Ever. She was touched to hear how she was making sure she had gained her strength. "Oh, I am fine," Ever said quietly, looking over at the small bird carcass she had fed on. The food had made her feel more like herself again and the sleep was bringing back her signature spark. Ever listened to Ayita. She hadn't yet thought of what she would do in the future and it sounded like Ayita and Vigilante had others in mind too. At that moment she knew she would try not to be a pest and try to take care of herself. Plus, she needed to learn eventually.

The young females eyes sparkled with interest as her adopted mother chattered about her other daughter. She seemed worried about her. Though she talked of her daughter as naughty, Ever marveled at the love in her voice. She hadn't fathomed that love in a long while. "I think I'd like to meet her," Ever announced, despite the nervous look she caught in Ayita's eyes. "I have never had a sister." It was in fact true. Her insides twisted with anxiety.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:290px; background-color:#c3947a; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/esng3t.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled she didn't want the girl to be alone so much she had a hard time with her daughter being out alone. "Maybe she'll run into you sometime seeing how you both live in the same home and sleep in the same room you've only been here a few days so she's been with my brother." She said.

"I can help teach you things here you have no need to worry. Ever life here is safe. No need to think your big enough to take care of yourself." She said with a smile. "I'd like to have you around as long as I could. Help you but if thats not what you want. I mean Ever I'm sorry dear. I know I'm not your mom I shouldn't be pushing it. Its just I have a soft spot for pups." And a soft spot in her head. She was numb and losing her mind. Thinking of Amaranth what was she up too?

[/html]
[html]

Ever smiled comfortingly. "It is not like that, I know you are not my mother but I really appreciate everything you and Vigilante have done for me. Just taking me in was enough and if you need anything from me, even just to stay and keep you company I will. You are my family now and I am very happy with it." Ever sat back and licked a paw casually. She enjoyed taking. She had been alone for too long.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled as she looked at the girl. She settled herself into the grass she smiled laying there. "I would love to have you stay but you are also a free spirit I wont hold you down. But I'm still a mom of two pups and I'll mother you like my own because thats how I am." She said.

She would never force the girl into anything. "So Ever what would you like to do I could tell you a story or we could talk about the clouds in the sky." She always carried a pack on her in any form now and it held a story book she had gotten used to pulling it out. It was what she used to teach her daughter to read.

Ayita was still getting used to the mothering thing and she hoped that the girl would never take offense and if Ayita should ever do something she hoped that she would speak at and tell her to knock it off.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Ever followed her adopted mother into the grass and rolled on her side. The moist grass brought inner warmth to the young wolf. She sighed, her cream chest rising and falling. This was the feel she had always longed for again. The grey wolf finally felt right where she was. A small daisy rocked in the breeze and tickled Ever's nose. She sneezed quietly then turned to face Ayita. "I would love a story," The female said, her childish side blooming in her colorless eyes as she searched her mother's face intently.

Her mind wandered to what the story would be about. She hoped it was about wolves, maybe a little bit more about the ones around who walked on two legs. Or about the deer in the forest. Ever's tongue lolled out of her mouth and she rolled on her back, her stomach fur wet.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled as she looked at the girl. Maybe she would enjoy the short period of time that the girl would live with them. She knew she would but she hoed the girl would. Ayita had many story books and she enjoyed reading from them she even had stories she had written down. She shifted her weight to slide the bag off her back and over her head.

She figured it she set it on the bag the book wouldn't get damp. Flipping the lid back with her nose she reached in being gental with the book. Placing it on the bag she nosed it open. "I have an old human story book with me that I can read to you from. It has stories about princesses and evil queens." She said smiling. "There are even stories in here about woodland creatures." She said.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Ever yipped in delight as Ayita slung her bag off her shoulder. She pulled out a small colorful box. The young female crawled up and sniffed the box. She blinked as the scents came dulled. Her mother opened the box and began flipping through the thin leaf like sheets inside. Ever was memorized. Ayita told her about what was inside the box. Ever shook with anticipation as words became clear on the pages. "A book?" She asked, looking up at her mother with wide eyes. All she knew was they contained words. Ever sniffed the 'book' again and then sat back, her mind wandering to princess humans and woodland creatures.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled annoyed with the gental breeze blowing the pages. She sighed she'd have to change there was no other way. Taking in a breath she nodded. "Yep a book." She said. She looked at her adopted daughter and smiled as she began the shift. She had forgotten close not thinking she'd shift today but oh well. The process was slow today she was slightly tired. Looking down at the girl again she smiled. Alright lets read shall we." She said. She wondered if Ever would like to learn how to read some time she could start teaching her. "How about the story about Cinderella a girl who becomes a princess." She said smiling. Though thinking about it maybe this story wasn't a good idea. She pondered the thought a moment. She figured it would be ok. And ever could get really close and look at the pictures what few were in it.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Ever watched Ayita change without a horrified glance. Her insides twisted and she felt a sudden vertigo. The female shook herself and nodded her head at her adopted mother's choice in story. She settled into the grass more comfortably and gazed at the swaying daisy, prepared to listen.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Amazing table by Sara Joe We could always do another thread later some time for her and mara.

Ayita smiled leaning back a bit as she flipped to the first page.

"Once upon a time, there lived near the capital city of a large kingdom a very worthy gentleman and his beautiful and amiable young wife. They loved each other tenderly, and they had not been wedded long before there was a pretty little girl baby in the nursery. For a time, both parents were very happy, but their joy did not last forever. Just as the daughter was growing up into a fair and lovely girl, the mother fell ill and died.
After a while, the father married again. Unhappily, the choice he made this time was not a good one. The lady he married was very rich, but proud and ill-tempered, and she had two grown-up daughters of exactly her own disposition.

She began looking at Ever. She loved this story because it was about over coming all the bad things in life. It was about who you are inside and that the people around you will care about you for that reason. That the only thing you have to do is believe in yourself and some day your dreams would come true. She looked back at the book flipping the page to show her the pictures of the story book.

[/html]
[html]

Sounds good to me!

Ever closed her eyes and listened to Ayita's voice absent mindedly. She never thought of herself as a princess. Her mother had told her stories about the beautiful and generous wolf princess Taylor. Many of the pups in her other pack had flaunted to males and were determined to grow up just like Taylor. Ever knew better and stayed in the shadows while her den mate's gathered with the males. Ever's eyes opened and darted to her adopted mother when she stopped speaking. The female stood and crouched immediately in front of the book and looked at the colors. They showed an odd pale human who stood on two legs. Ever laughed slightly and looked more at the picture. The humans were in a room, colored in red and gold. Her colorless eyes darted and then slipped to behind her mother at their own surroundings.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled as she noticed that the girl was not upset by the story at all. That was good she didn't want the girl to be upset. he marriage was no sooner over than the new wife began to be very harsh toward her step-child, whose gentle and loving disposition caused the behavior of her own daughters to appear even more detestable than before. She made her do all the hard work of the house; scrub the floor, polish the grates, answer the door, wait at table, and wash up the plates and dishes.
But the poor child would not complain, even to her father, who always showed the most anxious affection for her. She knew how unhappy he, too, was in this second marriage, and how powerless to help her. When her work was done, she would sit for warmth in a corner of the chimney, among the cinders; and for this reason, and to show how much they despised her, the unkind sisters gave her the name of Cinderella.
Ayita smiled as she continued. She was very into the story and spending time to get to know Ever.

She smiled as she went thought the story she was having quite a good time as she flipped to the last page.
Chapter 8
Cinderella soon married the Prince; and afterward, the sisters, whose pride had become subdued, married two noblemen of the Court.
She said as she closed the book. The story was rather short and she enjoyed it.
"So ever what do you think? You know if you want you could join me teaching my daughter to read." She said. She figured she could teach the girl many useful things reading. Hunting and much more all skills that take a while to master and get good at. Though she was impressed the girl had gotten a bird.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Ever's stared frustrated at the daisy when Ayita read about Cinderella being treated poorly. She sunk a claw in the daisy's small stem and uprooted it. Once Ayita had finished, Ever looked at the cover of the book until it closed. "My mother taught me a little about words," She stated, looking up at her adopted mother reaction. She swished her tail and fiddled with the daisy. "I have always wanted to learn more." With an excited smile the young gray wolf jumped up and began prancing the clearing, diving and twirling in the grass. She finally retired in a sitting position on the far side of the field. Ever watched a group of clovers quiver as she rushed by again and back towards her mother. It felt great to run.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#645d57; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/2yn2u7n.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #111111; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}

</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled as she Sat there she watched ever run around the girl was so full of energy and she just found the little puppy so cute. Ok she wasn't so small but she was so darn cute. She was glad to hear that the girl would like to learn more that was good Ayita would love helping to teach someone. The girl ran off through the feild and back and all ayita could do was laugh. "So How are you feeling? Would you like to head home with me or what?" She asked
[html]

out of character text

A wide smile pulled at Ever's lips and exposed her teeth. "I would love to see the home!" She bellowed and puffed out her cream chest. Rain drops began to drizzle from the grey sky and swirl in the wind as it picked up. Ever scurried closer to her adopted mother, her coat already dripping. "It rains so much here." The young female muttered, her gut twisting with angst. She had always felt so glum with the rain pouring.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:# 645d57; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/2yn2u7n.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #111111; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled "Alright I have books at home that I can use to help teach you more of the human language." She figured her daughter would not be home yet so she could start in on the young mind of Ever before throwing a new book at her daughter. She walked up to the door of their house and opened it. "I have some books for kids we could use to help you learn how to read." She said. "Then I can see how much you know." She smiled as she walked in and placed the rabbit on the counter.