The Smell of a Burnt Leaf
He studied the males actions more closely then the females, perceiving him as the more viable threat if he chose to be brave. Listening quietly his polished stature shifted as his grip on the hilt of his sword relaxed into more of a idle place for his hand to sit. Saluce’s thoughts drifted toward the younger male’s words and actions which none of them really made much sense to him. Neutral territory would inevitably be more dangerous due to the fact that anyone could be attacked without the least bit of worry about others joining in. So he came upon the conclusion that this wolf had no idea of how quickly any situation can degrade from good to bad and his false sense of security from the pack he mentioned only helped to build upon that sense. That or he was bluffing in an attempt to quell any thoughts he perceived saluce would have about taking advantage of a opponent caught off guard. None of it mattered unless the male chose to test him and by his looks he wasn’t going to rush into a fight.

With a simple quiet move his form walked closer his cold looking eyes gazing down at the female wolf, studying her with peering eyes. He didn’t quite care if his polished and judgmental look bothered her but his intentions weren’t to unsettle her. “Passing through” he finally responded to the male before returning his gaze toward him. With a solid resolve his paw reached toward the pack on his back and pulled it off and seemed to be searching for something before pulling out a book entitled world atlas. The book itself was old and torn with missing pages, looking as if he had found it in the rubble of some long abandoned human out post. “Where I am from information is the most valued commodity and trading it means equal terms. This book I found in England, in it the books outlines different land masses including this one. I’d be willing to share it with you if you would intern share information with me about your pack, and maybe packs that inhabit this area?” His tone was genuine and down to business, he really wasn’t around to make friends especially with a male and a she wolf who didn’t take a optime form. It wasn’t that he lacked the tact or that he lacked the will to make friends but at this moment in time he wasn’t considering staying around long and the information he wanted was just enough to keep him out of trouble while he was passing through.
[html]

Domonick sat where he was, looking at the fire. He wasn't going to make any sudden moves or advantages. He didn't want to be the cause of any fights. He chuckled slightly, people took his build into the context that he was weak, but he knew he could handle himself quite well. He lean body gave him the speed he needed, and his muscles were plenty strong enough. He just laughed at this thought.

He looked over at Ever, smiling a reassuring smile, "It's fine." he said under his breathe to her, wanting to make sure she was calm, fine. He looked over to the wolf, as he reached to the pack, Domonick's eyes narrowed, his fingers tensed slightly, ready to unleash his claws, he didn't know what he was reaching for, but better safe than sorry. When he pulled out a book, he relaxed.

He listened to what he said about information and wanting to trade it. He let out a sigh and looked at the fire, thoughts ran through his head, If I tell this guy things about the packs, what I know, and it comes around and is used against them , then I will be the one put to blame. Would I be put to death? No, I'm sure it wouldn't go that far. He smiled slightly and looked up at the wolf, "What exactly do you want to know about the packs?" his eyes stared at the wolf, the humor that was in them gone, he was being serious now, something he wasn't often, but when he was, it was in a time that actually called for it. He sat up straight, looked over at Ever and smiled again, reassuring her that everything was fine.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

So sorry for the wait:/

The female whose fur shone like livid pearls noticed out of the corner of her eyes that Domonick had flashed her a smile that was supposed to soothe her thoughts, but it failed. She looked at the new male with distaste as he looked back at her with an intent stare then reached back into his pack. After removing it off his back he pulled out a book. Ever’s eyes shone. She loved books since she first layered her metallic irises on one. But she turned her dark head away from the male and his atlas when he asked about her pack.

Then and there she promised she would not speak a word about Miracles pack. Ever felt as if she was surrounded by loners, though Domonick was not an exception for he was out on his own and his scent had not yet confirmed Phoenix Valley as he had said. The silver wolf stood and circled before sitting back down again and licking her cream colored chest fur. Ever looked up immediately as Domonick stated a weak question about the inquiry of the land. She shook her head when she heard all the humor and fun gone from his voice. Suddenly, she wasn’t sure.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:413px; background-color:#235868; background-image:url(http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1578/souls7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
(Ooc. Thanks ever! I promise it’s not going to turn into a fight scene)

For a moment he sat there considering his words and actions before continuing. The wolf should have known it may be hard to get anything out of these country bumpkins but never had quite invested in much thought as to how to coax Intel out of anyone so he could remain a shadow as he moved westward. The silence was broken sharply when he let out a sigh and popped his neck obviously he was starting to shed his guise as the two were simply not a threat to him at the moment so his bravado was slowly starting to seep out.

“I seek information to help me on my journey westward. I’ve heard rumors about this land and some of the rather unsettling actions that transpire between organizations of wolves and coyote mixes. I was hoping those where just unnerving rumors to scare away travelers or to keep this coast line as isolated as it is… Without interference from the quickly progressing wolf tribes of Europe.” His voice was fluid but very soft, the wolf was a gentleman after all and he had to remember that these strangers had proved to not be hostile. Saluce stood then almost in nervous fit, eyes studying the two for a moment.

“I am Saluce Tremblay from England, sired on the beaches of Normandy France; I never was able to accept being titled a Knight so you may refer to my profession as a warrior and weapon smith. I mean you no harm but realize that I am far away from lands I know so my caution is as always a way of making sure I do not become a corpse.” He bowed then as formal as if he was greeting a great king or alpha. Finished he dropped the atlas at the male’s feet. “Look through it as you will, the humans made these maps, listing cities, roads, rivers, everything.” With a stretch he sat down and gave a gaze toward the female his eyes again studying her, wondering why she stayed in her wolf form.
[html]
OOC: I am sorry if there is any text that seems out of place...like from a song...I'm listening to music, trying to get my creativity up and running, the juices flowing .-.

Domonick listened to the wolf's words carefully. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes, This male thinks that interactions between coyotes and wolves is unsettling? He let out a small huff, he remembered he had a few coyotes in his old pack, some that mated with the wolves. He opened his eyes and looked at the wolf, keeping his voice calm and collected.

"There are indeed interactions wolves and coyotes here, as well as other species. It's very varied, unlike this Europe I'm sure. Everyone stick to the same species over there?" he smirked slightly. He lent forward, "The tribes of Europe are welcome to come over here if they wish, as long as they don't try anything fishy. his tail thumped against the ground, swirling up a little bit of dirt. He tossed a few twigs onto the fire, making sure the flame didn't go out, although it was smaller now.

"Saluce, pleasure to meet you. My name is Domonick, I don't have a last name, gave it up long ago. Rest assured, you will not become a corpse anytime soon, not by my claws at least." He picked up the Atlas and flipped through the pages, he felt each paper between his fingers, it had been forever since he had held a book, it felt great. He looked through it carefully. He finally shut the book, setting it down carefully. "Saluce, what exactly do you want to find out, besides what you stated. I'm sure there is more to it, I mean, all the way from Europe? I've heard that is a terribly long ways away."

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I wouldn’t mind, either way. 350+

Ever watched the flames die down and smolder by the embers while she listened to Saluce’s tales. She had rarely heard of England. The female heard the males talking of Coyotes whose bloodline ran strong through her pack. She ignored their small chat and used her claw to draw shapes in the sand. In the distance the current crashed on the shore. Ever’s ears twitched when she heard the familiar sound of paper being rumpled by hands. She jerked her head up and glanced over Domonick’s shoulder at the swirled lines she registered as words. There were vibrant colors, so many, splattered on one page. More colors in one place than she had ever seen. The female looked over at the other male, her weariness suddenly growing.

At that time she noticed how he was studying her, like a creature he was dying to learn about. She shot him a sour look before gazing back down at the fire. It was odd, but Ever hated to be so bitter. It felt like inside she was burning with rage. But the female couldn’t dare think about rage or that power could kill her. She shook herself out of the dark thoughts that drifted into her head and found an uncomfortable silence waiting for her. That’s when the silver wolf realized she had not introduced herself. She didn’t feel it was necessary for she felt so young and weak next to the males who took on the two legged form. That’s when her gray day like irises wandered over to Saluce and she stood.

“I am Ever Mayawyn, The female said, her voice streaming her original fluid milky bell sound. ” From Cour Des Miracles.” But that was all she could offer. She was no king, princess or knight. Her father was only second in command and her mother just another female of her original pack. But that was long ago. Ever buried the information about her parents in which she had dared tried to dust off from her memories and looked uncomfortably at the faces glowing orange by the fire.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:413px; background-color:#235868; background-image:url(http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1578/souls7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
For a moment he thought, considering his own thoughts of the matter of interactions between the two. “Coyotes are not a native species where I am from. Although there is a lot of bickering between wolves of different lands.” The wolf was quiet on just how much bickering and how much the political and social atmosphere was changing across the pond. “But no I was asking as more if there are any particular lands that I should try to avoid as I travel westward.”

Hearing the she wolf speak for the first time his eyes moved back over toward her and softly bowed as she introduced herself. She identified her pack just as Domonick had left that out. “Excuse me for being somewhat ignorant but do wolves in this area choose to keep their quad pedal forms? It’s not common at all where I’m from” he left out the fact that it was regarded as uncivilized and also a sign of a low birth right. Saluce wasn’t in the right environment to express his distaste for it, he himself hadn’t shifted out of his optime form for at least a year.

His form stood once again his eyes overlooking the dwindled fire in thought. He knew that he wouldn’t be staying around much longer and hoped Domonick would shed some light on areas to avoid. “All I really would like to know Domonick is what places I should avoid and what places might hold shelter for a few days while I travel past this land.”
[html]

I'm sorry if things don't make sense in the post, my concentration is shot and I'm working on what I have left :/

Domonick stifled a yawn as he thought, Places to avoid? well, that would be different for me than for him. He let out a small chuckle and looked at the wolf, "If I were you I would avoid the area claimed by Inferni, by my understandings, they don't seem to friendly to outsiders, unless you plan on joining, my pack isn't to keen of them either." he let out a small sigh and looked at the fire, smiling slightly as he watched the dying flames.

Domonick tried not to snort as Saluce mentioned the forms. Damn, this guy really needs to know everything about this place. I better keep my mouth shut, or I'm gonna say something that crosses a line. he played with a stick, drawing in the dirt again, random pictures, random words and sayings, he brushed his hand over it, starting a clean slate.

"Well Saluce, as for the places to find shelter, I don't know much about that. When I was in your spot, well the whole traveling bit, I never wandered, well I tried not to, into packs' territories, so I stayed in shelters I made myself. I would offer you a stay at my place, but it's a good days travel that way," he motioned in the direction he remembered coming from.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry, I don’t really know what to say.

Ever looked oddly at Saluce. Was he talking about the two legged form versus the four legged form? She looked down at her grey fur blending down her legs to black paws. She never understood why the others chose to stand on two legs and wear clothes when she first came, but now she was waiting. Looking up to her king and her adopted mother. But the angst was too much.

The female took notice to how Domonick brushed off the inquiry so she did the same. She couldn’t answer and if the question was that important the other male would bring it up again. Ever looked up at the darkening sky while the dark clouds rolled in. Then she felt it. A tiny drop of moisture landing on the brown splash of fur on her muzzle. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the sun slowly sinking down behind the water. Sunset burst over the land, tinting the territory purple.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
(Sorry about taking a few days on this. Kinda got stuck with another thread I was posting on and my creative energies got kinda kicked in the groin.)

The male warrior listened to Domonick’s explanations quietly. His head nodding at some of his points although obviously leaving the question of why she chose to be in her wolf form alone. Niether of them answered it so he figured it was best left at that. His eyebrow arched as he considered this clan the male had called “Inferni” and instantly his curiosity was peaked. One could say he was a curious as a cat which had gotten him into trouble before.

“If you could just point out where that land maybe and I’ll try and avoid it if it’s possible. Otherwise I’ll have to do blood work and I don’t care to make enemies.” The tone of his voice was filled with a strong undertone that made his soft light voice carry much more of a threat to it than normal. The behemoth was just that, big in every way a optime wolf could be and he was not shy to defend himself. “The quicker I can be heading west the better. There are places I want to see” and he was right, which echoed in his voice. Actually a great deal of information could be picked up about him when he spoke; his emotions affected his speech a great deal. That in mind it wouldn’t be too easy for those able to pick up subtle hints that his intentions where just that.

His body turned to Ever with a soft smile as he bowed graciously. “It was pleasant meeting you. I hope I didn’t unsettle you to much. I do wish you and the pack you belong to a great deal of success in whatever you strive to accomplish in the future.” The fact though that he was just being formal wasn’t lost to him as the words left his maw. Finally he turned back to Domonick “Keep the map, I have another that I cherish much more. I hope it helps you find all that you desire. “
OOC: Sorry for this length, things are messed up in my head right now >.<

[html]

Domonick nodded and pointed to the direction he thought it was, "I'm not sure if I am right, but I'm pretty confident that it is that way, so I'd steer clear of that area, at least I would if I were you, unless you were tired of being around here all by yourself." he leaned forward, a smile on his face.

Domonick smiled lightly, looking at the flames, "You have that sword, but I'd still be pretty careful if I were you, there are wolves out there that can be pretty gruesome, I think even a sword won't take them down." He leaned back against the tree, looking up from the flames, into the treeline, a distant look on his face, he fidgeted with a stick, rolling it around in his hands, twirling it between his fingers.

<style>
</style>
[/html]