As I went out one morning
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ddlebg.png); background-repeat:repeat-y;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... e_top2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

300+

During the night it had rained and the winds had blown something fierce through the lands of the tribe. Nayati had been fast asleep when the storm had woken him, the air howling against the sides of his hut. He knew from experience that he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep until the weather calmed and so he sat up and listened to the angry sky, letting forth its wails and its buffets. Unlike many nights, Onawa was inside with him and she too listened to the callings of the sky. The pair sat and tried to decipher what it was that upset the clouds so, but the Utina never figured it out, and if his Guide did she did not share. The storm went on for a long while and when he was finally able to lay back to rest again, he knew it was only an hour or two before the sun rose. He would not be up as bright and early as was his habit.

Habits die hard though, and even though the night had stolen hours of sleep from him, he was unable to steal that sum back from the morning. Drowsily and somewhat grumpily he got up and walked outside, stretching his arms and his back out. Sitting as he had been for those hours had left him stiff, which did little to help his mood. Thankfully there didn't seem to be any damage to his hut and for that he was thankful. Nayati had a feeling that the storm had likely spooked some of the horses and so he felt he better go and make sure that both the stables and the animals were in good shape.

As he arrived he saw almost instantly that one of the front doors had not been so lucky as his dwelling. One of the framing boards had been cracked and would need to be replaced. Sighing he walked into the building and looked around. Some hay and blankets and sacks were scattered around, but all of the horses seemed to be alright, if a little tense. The man began picking up the things that had fallen out of place, leaving the door to be looked at afterwords.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:52px;">
[/html]
[html]

WC: 345

OOC: blah it started out crappy, ; ; hpefully got better for you XD

Liliana wasn’t able to get any sleep that night, the hut she was using, was creaking a storm up, and it was just loud… she was such a light sleeper she wouldn’t get any sleep no matter how much she tried, and she couldn’t go outside because of the rain. So she waited till it finally stopped that morning then headed up to the stables to do her job. To her dismay she saw that the door was broken, maybe she could find a way to fix it? She went into the stables to calm the somewhat roused horses, then she started picking up the things that were scattered starting with the back of the stables, where it was cleaner but still had a few things scattered, when she’d turned a corner to put something up, she heard someone come in, peering out from the side of one of the unused stalls she saw a beautiful white wolf walk in, well he wasn’t all white, but she had only seen a few wolves who were white, and that included Lotus, she watched him unsure of what he was there for and when she saw him picking up what the wind had scattered she hurried up to help him.

Here let me help you.

She said, although she’d already been cleaning up, she didn’t mind thinking she was helping anyone in particular, she always thought a clean stable was a help for the horses more than anything. But it didn’t hurt to offer anything did it? She picked up a few of the blankets, quite nervously, she wasn’t one for actually having company, not that she didn’t want any, it was just that she wasn’t use to it and company with a stranger was a little harder on her than it was if she already knew the wolf, she did know he belonged to the pack, which made her feel a bit more at ease, but she still had yet to know his name, though she didn’t think about giving her own at the moment either.

<style>
.lili-horse2-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse2 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse2 b {color:#B6D6F8; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-border {width:353px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ddlebg.png); background-repeat:repeat-y;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... e_top2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

no worries! and sorry for the short post :x

Nayati hadn't thought of anyone else being up so early and in the stables, and so his nose hadn't even thought to check for any scents other than that of grain, hay, and horses. The man was focused on picking up the objects that had been scattered around by the wind, so when the woman rushed over to him and spoke he jumped a little. Out of instinct, his hand reached to his chest for his hunting knife, but when her words processed in his mind he let his hand sink back down. Taking a deep breath he regained his composure, eyes blinking back at the interesting looking woman. "Oh, thank you. Sorry, you startled me," he said in case his actions had frightened her at all. She certainly seemed to be a bit nervous and he could only attribute that to himself.

The Utina picked up a few more things and put them back into their respective places before dusting his hands off and turning back to her. "I'm afraid we haven't met before. My name is Nayati Utina. I come from the original AniWaya tribe, as Dawali does." There was nothing about her that seemed familiar to him, so he felt safe in assuming that she hadn't ever been a part of the Great Tribe. Pale blue eyes scanned over the stables again. "We had quite the storm last night. The stable door is going to need repairing. Perhaps we could work on it together?" Nayati knew that he wouldn't be able to fix it by himself. He was no carpenter, after all.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:52px;">
[/html]
[html]

WC:311

Liliana did see that she startled him, and felt rather bad, but he seemed to recover, with good time. His hand was going somewhere and she had no doubts he had a weapon. Thankful that he was thinking different about it now, she thought she should be further away when first speaking to someone.

I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to scare you really.

She said her voice just as nervous as she really was. She felt a little better when he offered her his name. She smiled shyly, there was another aniwaya? She wondered if it was like this one, but she wasn’t going to ask about it, maybe it would come up later, or when she wasn’t so nervous and shy.

My name is Liliana Vess, I joined a little while ago.

She said, since he wanted to let her know that he was from here, she felt it only polite to tell him she was still rather new. She tended to stay more with the animals than the rest of the wolves. She didn’t know why though, maybe it was her upbringing. She looked at the mentioned door and tilted her head. She wasn’t good with her hands like that, but even what help she could give she was sure it would be better than to let rain in the stables.
That wuld be a good idea. I don’t know much about building things though.

She admitted. Feeling sheepish, was she suppose to know these things now that she was here? She hoped not, she never built a thing in her life, much less a door, she’d always live outside or in a tent when it was cold out. But nothing more, until now, she had her own hut and everything… well if she was suppose to know these things, now was the best time to learn.

<style>
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Nervously she apologized to him and he felt bad, hearing the tremors in her voice. Nayati shook his head, a good natured smile coming to his face. "Do not worry about it. A simple misunderstanding. I shouldn't have just assumed I was the only person in here." Honestly he was kicking himself for not noticing her presence before she had come over and spoken to him. It wasn't like him to have his guard down like that, even within the confines of the tribe. If she had been some hostile intruder this could have ended badly for him. True, he had his knife, but he wasn't trained in hand-to-hand combat. He made a point in his head to be more vigilant within the lands, even if every person outside of AniWaya he had met so far was nice, there were always bad apples out there.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Liliana. I hope you are feeling at home here." She seemed a sort of mild, shy, pleasant girl and one that might have some troubles settling in to a new place. He was curious as to where she had come from and what had drawn her to come here, but those were questions for another time. They had just met, and the Utina man didn't want to pry into her life. Nayati's smile broadened as she admitted she didn't know much about construction. "I do not know much either, but perhaps we can figure it out together." Looking around he quickly found a hammer and took it, walking towards the door. Sky blue optics looked critically over the various wood panels and was pleased to find that it was only the outside framing one that needed replacing. "I think we just need to replace this one board here, should be simple enough. Could you maybe go look for a board that would fit while I take this one off?" he suggested.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 439

She was glad to know he was a nice wolf, she’d had a few unpleasant run ins with one of her pack mates and someone else that didn’t seem to care much for her. So it was a good change. He definitely looked well at home here. Where she still felt awkward just being around others.

I am trying to, I’m use to wandering more than staying in one place.

She said, she didn’t want to admit to him that much of her time as a member of the pack, she was actually outside pack borders. Exploring the unknown, and learning about life outside her parents little bubble. It was nice to learn about new things, she’d learned about the Great Mother Earth, which she now believed in, but not as solely as Clover where she would say much about it, but she knew that Mother earth had a reason for everyone and eventually that reason would come to them on its own or she would call them back as the reason itself. But that was here nor there right now. What seemed to matter was this door. Letting in a draft would be awful for the horses. She watched as Nayati got a hammer from somewhere, she couldn’t really tell where but she didn’t ask as it wasn’t really her business.

Oh yes I can I think there was some extra boards in the back.

She said instantly remembering because she’d just seen them when she was picking up the strewn contents of the stables. Hurrying over to the back she looked for where she saw the boards. They were there, but there were all different sizes laying against the wall. She remembered in her minds eye what the door looked like and how big of a piece they would need, and picked one out, she had to drag it along the floor, a little, just because she wasn’t as well build in the upper body as most wolves tended to be. It was a reason why she mostly failed at hunting by herself.

I do hope this will work.

She said moving up next to the white wolf looking to see if he thought it was the right one or not. Her brown eyes met his blue ones, and she couldn’t help envy him for he seemed to be one of the pure bloods, and they always looked so noble to her, who was in fact nothing but … what many wolves had called her… a measly mutt. She wasn’t going to say anything out loud though, and she looked down at the board she was carrying.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Nayati was a fairly easy fellow to get along with. The only thing that would really get his annoyance peaked were if someone were insulting the tribe or his beliefs. Liliana was doing no such thing, and while she seemed a little nervous, there was no reason not to be kind to her. Having her be a fellow tribesmember was enough reason for him, but even if that weren't the case she seemed a nice woman. "Oh really? Where is that you're from? The only other place I've lived aside from here is the Great Tribe, so aside from the faces it is pretty much the same." Since she had opened the door by saying she wandered around a lot, he didn't think there would be anything wrong with asking where it was she came from. By her looks, she wasn't wholly wolf and he found that very intriguing. He hadn't met many coyotes, dogs, or hybrids, if any. Most of the canines here were so different than what he was used to, and he couldn't help but be curious about their lives.

Liliana hurried off to look for a board that would be similar to the damaged one and Nayati went to work with the hammer. This would be the easy part, taking the old one down. He had a feeling making sure its replacement was applied in the correct manner would be more difficult. Still, they would tackle that challenge as it came to them shortly. As he found the nails holding the old wood in place he used the hammer to pry them loose. As he pulled the freed top half away from the splintered middle, Liliana returned with a new board. Looking over the board, after meeting her gaze briefly he looked back to the space that needed filling. "I think that will do just fine. I'll finish taking the old one off and then we can figure out how to put this one up." Nayati knelt down, prying the bottom nails free from the wood. He paid attention to where they were placed and he thought it might no be so difficult as he had feared.

Throwing the last piece of the old board to the side he took the new board and held it up to the door. "Yes, this should be good. Do you want to hammer the nails in while I hold it?" He had noticed she had had some difficulty bringing it over here and he didn't want her to hurt herself by trying to hold it in place.

[/html]
[html]

WC:---

Liliana shrugged at his question, she had no idea where she had been born, and most of the areas she never cared to get the names she was a pup, although when she did grow old enough to care it didn’t seem to matter to her, as long as her mother taught her how to train horses, or teach her how to hunt, but now she knew her mistake and she was surely learning where the territories were around here.

I’m afraid I only know we traveled old Canada,

She said, before she went to find the wood. When she came back he had the old wood off already, and she looked at the hammer unsure she would be able to do what he requested, but he could see that she was having trouble holding the wood up for too long. It would be a disaster if she did drop it.

Yes I will try, I have never used a hammer before though

She said worriedly. The hammer looked really intimidating to her, maybe because she never used one, she’d picked one up because she’d had to move it but that was as little as she’d actually handled the thing.

Could you show me what to do?

She was feeling like a burden now, more than a help, and that made her feel worse, hopefully he could show her at least one and she could quickly get it done.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8D9839; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

300+

Nayati listened as she explained she only knew the region through which she had traveled and no specific place. The man only nodded in response. Honestly, he had no idea what "old Canada" was. He had never learned the names the humans had given the land and where it was they had drawn their borders. It all seemed inconsequential to him. The Utina had little to no interest in how the humans had viewed the world or what they had built and discovered. There was a reason that race had perished and he had no intention of following the same path that they had. No more discussion on her past homes was to occur though, as she went off to find a replacement board for the door and he worked on taking the broken one off.

Once Liliana had brought the new board and he made his suggestion, Nayati went over to the door to hold it up, but when he looked back at her he could see her hesitance clear as day. It appeared that she had even less experience with these things than he did, and his was by no means substantial. She looked at the instrument nervously, and when she asked for help he only smiled kindly. "Of course." Nayati leaned the board against the door and took up the hammer again along with a nail. He picked one of the broken wood pieces and brought it over to her. "You hold the nail with one hand against the board, and the hammer with the other. Then you tap against the head of the nail to get it pushed into the wood," he explained, demonstrating. "Once the nail can stay on the wood on its own, you take your hand away and finish hammering it in to the wood." He hammered until the head was flat against the wood.

"See? It's really pretty easy, once you get the hang of it." He had no doubt that she would be able to do it.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 358 OOC: sorry for late reply and we can start to wrap it up in a few posts too I think

She watched as he showed her how to use a hammer and nail with awe, how did anyone know how to do such a thing, and now the nail…. It looked like it had been right there for many years , just stuck inside the board. She took the hammer and another nail, and then tried to do what he did on the practice board… it was harder than it looked. She had good eyes, but for a tiny nail inbetween her furry fingers… it was hard… and she managed to hit her finger instead of the nail itself. Her eyes watered and she let the nail go and sucked her finger. Then before there was any suggestion that she might not be able to do it she picked the nail up again, and tried again, this time she hit the nail square on. She hammered again, harder this time and hit the nail again, but it didn’t seem to work for her, she then hit the nail once more, and felt as the nail pushed into the board, this excited her and she let the nail go as she was instructed, there it stood, straight, so now she just had to beat it into the board! She started hammering, and before long, she had the nail nearly in, she decided to give it one more good smack, and that would do it, but it didn’t’ end up the way Nayati’s did, the nail got bent, and she let out an audible sigh of disappointment.

I guess that’s why momma had always told me to take my time.

She said clearly stating she’d learned her lesson. She looked at the door which had a hold in it now, and back to her new friend.

I think we can start on that now, I think I got the hang of it.

She said, cheerfully, hopefully sounding confident enough that she could really hammer the nails in like he head. Her finger felt like the blood was trying to hammer itself out of her skin though right now, but she didn’t complain about it, it would feel better soon enough.
ue. Morbi arcu dui, tempus sit amet vehicula id, tincidunt sed elit. Maecenas ornare, arcu eu volutpat egestas, justo arcu aliquet urna, bibendum auctor sapien orci eget nunc. In eu placerat lectus. Cras dapibus fringilla lacinia.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

s'all good with me! ^^

Nayati watched carefully as Liliana took up the tools herself and began to try and repeat what he had showed her. Unfortunately on the first try she struck her finger instead of the nail and he frowned sympathetically as she sucked on the injured digit. Perhaps he should have vocalized that warning to her, that she might accidentally hit herself instead of the intended inanimate target. Before he could open his mouth to speak however she was back at it and he was impressed with her determination to not give up on it after hurting herself. It was a small hurt, but it did hurt. He, too, had struck his finger with a hammer before. She continued to work at it and soon the nail was far enough into the board that she didn't need to hold it. All was going well before she hit it too hard and ended up bending the metal instead of pushing it straight into the wood. "It does take patience yes, but I think almost everyone does that their first time. It's not something that necessarily comes naturally." Perhaps it did for some, but it hadn't for him.

"Alright, excellent! I'm sure you'll do just fine," he assured with a smile. The hunter stood back up and went to hold the board back in place as he had before the little lesson had begun. It would take too many nails to get it to stay in place and then the stables would be good as new once again.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: short ; ;

Liliana started her own work as he held the board, her first nail, was slightly bent like the first one she’d gotten on the practice board but she was sure it would do fine. The others varied as she hammered them in, trying to take her time and not get too disappointed in the lack of perfection and well, cleanliness it should have looked. But they weren’t looking for anything cosmetic, or they would have someone with more experience. Once it was finished she did smile, it didn’t look like the other boards, but that made it an interesting look, at least the wind wouldn’t come in, or rain, or snow.

That’ll do…. At least until the next wind storm we get.

She said smiling, indicating that it was a joke. That done, she put the hammer down, and looked at her companion, wondering what he thought.

I did alright I hope!

she said quietly hoping for a small bit of praise or rejection, something so she’d learn if she did something right or wrong. Either way she’d rather have praise than anything else. Looking back at the board she hammered in, it looked a little cockeyed, now she was going to worry about that, and hope it wasn’t going to be a problem even to the slightest of winds .

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

finish with your post?

Nayati held the board patiently and silently as Liliana set to the work of nailing it into place. Her hammering work wasn't perfect, but he hadn't expected that it would be. They didn't need perfection right now though, all they needed was a temporary fix until someone more qualified could come and do a permanent job on the stable door. He would make sure to tell Dawali that they had done the best they could, but that the door would most likely need more professional attention at some point. Soon enough she was done and he took his hands away from the wood and thankfully it stayed just where it had been. "Yes, that is all we need for now," he said, chuckling at her jest. He figured something must have been slammed into the door for the wood to have broken as it did. As far as they knew, this fix up job would last even the next storm.

"You did great for your first time hammering a board into place! Just as good of a job as I could have done." That may have not been entirely true, he might have been able to do a slightly better job, but Nayati wanted to make Liliana feel good and to build her confidence. It was a very good job for her first time trying it. Not to mention the fact that they had accomplished the task so quickly. She had learned fast to be able to make the board stay in place, even if the nails weren't completely straight.

[/html]
[html]

WC:410(2 points) OOC: OH NOES ALIEN!!!

Liliana beamed with pride. She’d gotten plenty of compliments from her parents but rarely from anyone else. It made her feel good. She was glad she was able to help here at least she was good for something even if she hadn’t done the best of jobs. Well as Nayati said, she did do good for her first try, which was good enough for her. She put the hammer down, beeming

Thank you!

Liliana said, knowing that was the last of it, she had met a fellow packmate and helped out. A good feeling indeed.

I’m glad I could be of some help, I think I should be getting to my chores now though, it was great meeting you./b>

She said.

<style>
</style>[/html]