The Sharpest Lives
[html]

Been sick for a couple weeks, oiling up the hinges. WC 300+

The day was one of those miserable sort, and the jackal girl’s mood was a proper accompanist. It was warmer than it had been, and the moisture from the recent rains mixed with the warming ground caused a wetness in the air that Sepirah did not enjoy one bit. Her paws sloshed in the churned mud beneath her and made wet slopping sounds as she padded, making stealthy steps a near impossibility for her skill level. Being of her breed – both species and family – stealth was a natural friend, but she still had some perfecting to do yet. The impossible ground also made her companion slow, which slowed her, she any hunting she intended to do would have to be executed without the help of her pet. Sepirah could hunt and kill prey without the viper’s assistance, she just much preferred the fun of letting the venom work her victims. So a kilometer ago, Sepirah had stopped and lowered herself to the ground and commanded her cohort to crawl onto her back so she would not be slowed; the snake would not bite her.

She had left the muddy area for grasslands, and wandered a winding route in the foliage to better wipe the mud from her four paws. She did not bother to let her pet back onto the ground, and now it draped itself lazily about her neck, peering out at the world between her large, alert black ears.

Scents were strange in this weather. Mostly they were thicker and clung in the heavy air where an animal had roamed, yet had washed from the underbrush that typically held a creature’s trail. A scent could be traced without an animal nearby, and no path to follow. She had happened upon yet another one of these many spots when she stopped padding, grumpy and displeased. It wasn’t that she was particularly hungry, but tedium wore her patience thin.

<style>
.sepirah-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sepirah-a01 b {color:#B8E23E; letter-spacing:-.3px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.sepirah-a01-separator {text-align:center; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-color:#B8E23E; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sepirah-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sepirah-a01 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B8E23E; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C4714; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.sepirah-a01-border {border:1px solid #000000; width:402px; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 346

Why was he out in this sticky humid gross weather? He was grumbling to himself as he skinned his own meal, he had nothing to encumber himself so he could do all his hunting whenever he very well pleased, as he finished carefully cutting the skin, he’d have someone cure it for him, he saw something in the far distance. Enkiel had wonderful eye sight and from as far away as she was he could tell exactly who she was. The while that he’d been away he had managed to perfect his own stealth, so he moved in silently, she was quite unaware of him, and even with his own fine catch, he knew she couldn’t smell it with the thick muddy wormy smell in the air from the rains the night before. How could it rain so much in such a place as this? How could any coyote or even Jackal like such weather? He wasn’t afraid of water, in fact he enjoyed soaking his feet in the cold sea every once in a while, but when rain comes down non-stop, it becomes rather redundant and he would get rather fed up with the gods for making such a thing, which he was sure made them do it even more. He caught up with his sister and was only a few inches behind her when his coyote grin creased through his face and he yipped at her,
< b>

Sister sister, sister of mine. I see you’ve become a mode of transportation to… vermin,

He said in his sly voice. Staring at his sister, and the snake that was riding on top of her head, he knew her reasons for having the scaly creepy thing, but he couldn’t see why she would let it ride on her. He would never own a pet, even if Set called for him to do it, he knew he’d probably just kill it to see its life poofout of existence. Something his god wouldn’t be too concerned about unless it was a pawn he wanted to use in his game.

<style>
.lili-horse1-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse1 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse1 b {color:#C66F00; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/enkytable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:193px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C66F00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AF9940; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #C66F00; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 500+

Charcoal fur bristled at the sound of the voice, hackles pinned to attention and a half-raised ridge of hair traced down her spine. She whipped around to face the voice as a wall of emotion washed through her, and had she been a slower creature it would have taken her a moment to sort through it all. Surprise gave birth to annoyance which made way for anger and incredulity. Piercing yellow eyes bore into the trespasser, and the viper wrapped around her neck hissed from it’s perch near her crown, as if it somehow sensed that the offense directed towards it.

She knew the voice even before she saw the face, it was one that Sepirah would never forget. How could she ever become unfamiliar with the nasty cadences of her littermates and brothers? And they were different enough for her to know just who it was, too. Piercing yellow eyes glared at the gray hybrid, though she did well in disguising her annoyance at the start he had given her and feigning it to have been for a different reason altogether.

“Enkiel Runihura Lykoi,” she said with less malice than was probably expected. It was often for her to use one’s full name upon first meeting, or reunion, because of the ancient beliefs that utilizing a thing’s real, full name, gave you power over it, though she had little evidence to support the theory. She was convinced that it took a little more than just stating a name, but that a person’s title could be a key. Her voice employed the more chiding tone of a worried parent than an upset sister. She hadn’t been aware he was in Inferni. Sepirah knew from her conversation with her grandmother, Kaena, that one of her brothers had arrived at the clan lands before she, and it was not Enkiel. “I told you that it was a bad idea to separate. I told all of you. Now look, it’s a regular family reunion.”

She was pleased with her misdirection, aiming her annoyance at another topic and distracting from the fact that he had snuck up on her. Her tone was even a little amused and pleased, as though happy to see him. A few quick paces closed in the distance between them, and with a quick move she lurched forward and bit her brother on the snout. It was a common move from their younger season she often made when reprimanding one of them – it was an affectionate gesture more than anything – then her ears flattened back and she snarled, though the noise was communicative rather than threatening.

“I’m not stupid,” she barked at his insult. “For one, he is not vermin. For two, I know when to be smart and set aside a little pride to keep from being slowed down. Only a fool wouldn’t see that as the smart thing to do.” She nodded once, and her eyes bore into Enkiel’s.

“Or are you so offended that you would like to try your tooth against his? She cocked her head and grinned the toothy, sly smile of the jackal. There was teasing in her tone, but it hadn’t been a real challenge.

“When did you arrive here at the Clan?”

<style>
.sepirah-a01 b {color:#B8E23E; letter-spacing:-.3px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; }
.sepirah-a01-separator {text-align:center; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-color:#B8E23E; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sepirah-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sepirah-a01 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B8E23E; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C4714; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 391

His coyote smile never wavered as she came up to him and showed her affection, only his siblings could do this to him… well his mother and grandmother included but they wouldn’t … he was the youngest meaning he didn’t have the authority to do it to anyone, but it wasn’t his place, and he wasn’t caring enough to muzzle his family, he was quiet while she talked to him, thinking how right it was, a family reunion was quite an annoying one,

But we needed to be, I’ve learned many things while on my own that I wouldn’t have with a gabby mouth for a sister.

He said taunting her a little, he had shrugged at her attempt at a biting contest, the snake would win and she would know it, but he wasn’t in any hurry to pass on to the next world, when that happened he would know, Set would tell him.

I came about a moon ago.

He said quietly, had it already been a month since he joined the ranks of the Inferni? He had been back sort of, but he didn’t enter the territory until Set had given him that undeniable feeling he needed chaos. He hadn’t set forth much, just a bunch of words here and there, and he certainly couldn’t fool his sister. She knew what he was, just as he knew what she was, it was fine with him though, he had bigger fish to fry, mainly in packs of the wolves, which he’d have to actually deal with, although he was dealing with part wolfs, full wolves and even dealt with a dog. Who was far less than a wolf. He was starting to detest the smell of them even more.

I see you have made yourself quite at home.

He stated, he hadn’t seen her since he came, not even a glimpse but he wasn’t always in the actual borders, he was outside them where he needed to be to spy and send out false truths, and what not. He was more of a loner than a pack jackal, but he would live with it and hopefully soon enough he wouldn’t have worry about the clan, and still be in it, he was no lap dog, but he would surely answer to his grandmother who wished for him to stay.

<style>
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/enkytable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:193px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C66F00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AF9940; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #C66F00; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 300+

A huffing noise came from her muzzle as she scoffed and rolled her eyes at the ‘gabby sister’ jest, though at the end of her protest was a small laugh. Despite the start he had given her a moment before, her spirits were increasing quickly. She could dig in her claws and fight this argument to the bitter end, which she had been known to do, but today let the joke roll off her back. “Hunting alone can be educational, but not knowing if we were going to meet again was stupid,” and with another huff, she left it at that.

Her bushy coal tail curled around her forepaws as she sat down and muttered something unintelligible. Whatever she said, the viper understood it, and slithered down her leg and to the grasses below. “I didn’t even know you were here,” she said to Enkiel. “You arrived not too long after me, I see. At home? Yes. Not an uncomfortable or inhospitable place, this Inferni. Though I’ve been spending my first month here roaming the territory. Reconnaissance, really. I intend to stay here a while, needed to know the ins and outs. I haven’t become acquainted with many clan members aside from our grandmother. I’m going to settle a dwelling soon, and I hope to train with Grandmother.”

At the mention of a home, she cocked her head to the side. “It would be wise for us to band together. There are plenty of places here for large dens.” It was, in Sepirah’s fashion, an indirect request to house together. She wondered if he had settled someplace. She would have liked to find someplace within close proximity to the rest of the clan’s housing.

“Mkhai’s here too. Have you seen him? I haven’t run into him yet, don’t know what kind of mood he’s been in,” she chuckled. “And of course you met Grandmother Kaena?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 324

Enkiel rolled his eyes, as his sister spoke about worrying if they would meet up again, and he already had an answer for that on his tongue, the gods would choose to bring them together again if they so wish to choose, but he kept his jaw shut, holding his tongue it was no use fighting with her. He watched as the snake slithered down on the grass, which made him nervous, even if she had control over it. Snakes were not something he cared much about like his sister

I’d have come to find you sooner, grandmother met me at the borders and told me you were around, but Set had other plans for me.

He said casually, which he did what he was suppose to, he got the lay of the land itself and the land just outside of it. Even though meeting the locals was a pain, he had figured out what the surrounding area was pretty much like. That was his first task. Soon he’d look just like the grass in a breeze if he very well felt like he should be just that.

Mmmm a good idea, I suppose, it has been less easy to do things with you everyone else. You, grandmother and a cousin are all I have met so far really, and I don’t even think that cousin was even a member of the clan. But I have not seen our brothers yet.

He showed little conscern for them though, he was sure they were alive and well, and if they weren’t well the gods needed them in the underworld sooner than anticipated, he cared for his family yes, but he also understood his gods, and how they worked. He would be properly sad if he did get the news that his siblings have somehow parished, even his father, who he’d not even known, for without him… he would still be nothing, not even a thought.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 400+

A triumphant smile spread across her muzzle quickly when she realized he wasn’t up to putting up a fight, and it appeared he would answer her request about denning together. She cocked her head, and an oversized ear flopped lazily. She didn’t need to keep her guard up, Enkiel was doing that for her – not to mention she was within Inferni’s borders, a place she learned to feel safe.

“There is a clan den,” which she assumed he already knew about, “that I wouldn’t be adverse to staying in. . . if it weren’t a structure more suitable to Optime.” The Mansion’s many doors, hallways, and levels made it difficult for one who preferred Lupus form to be comfortable. She did not outwardly dislike buildings for any other reason, though she suspected her brother had an aversion to structures that had been constructed by humans. She, on the other hand, just didn’t want to get stuck behind a latched door with a knob rather than a handle (a hooked handle she could rear back and operate, but her paws could not grasp a knob), and be forced to waste her energy on a shift just to let herself out.

“Or we can seek another den. . . or dig one.” She liked the idea of digging their own den. It would be time consuming and challenging, she liked that thought. The only problem with that was they may not be able to dig one large enough for privacy on the (highly likely) frequent days their personalities would clash.

Her brows arched when he mentioned a Lykoi she had not yet met. “Who is it you met?” Her nose twitched as a breeze delivered a salty, wet scent, and she was on her paws again before awaiting his reply. She dashed off in the direction he had come from, leaving the viper to trail after, and in little time was upon the kill he had left when he came to surprise her. She laughed tauntingly as she snagged the meat in her jaws and bounded a few feet away, glancing over her shoulder for his reaction or possible pursuit. There was humor and challenge in her eyes as she made high-pitched yips that lie somewhere between coyote and jackal jeering. She did it more to tease him than out of hunger, but she was clearly enjoying the taste of the meat clamped firmly between her jaws.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: --

He wasn’t at all interested in discussing living conditions, even sleeping under a tree, or a few even in the rain was fine with him and at that point that’s what he was doing. It didn’t bother him one bit. Although a den itself was a nice thought, he would rather be doing other things, just as he was about to lazily answer his sister the subject was once again changed. What was her name again? And as suddenly as she had changed the subject she doved away to his meals hiding spot. He bristled with anger when he saw her pop up with his well earned meal, he didn’t care if he let his anger show, and he was, his red eyes were blazing as she was romping around him playfully with the meal that he’d caught.

Give that back, that’s mine!

He said. He knew he was no match for his sister, she was quite a bit taller than he was, and as he moved for it, he was quite sure she’d be pulling it away from him, but instead of going after the meal itself he went after her ear, grabbing a hold of it, and pulled.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 200+

She grinned devilishly around the hunk of meat in her mouth though her eyes conveyed a clear, unspoken challenge. Ducking backward at one of his first lunges towards her, she snorted and shook the kill, little droplets of cooling blood spattering around her. When he lurched at her again, she backpedaled from his snap and bounced away from him again, his teeth scraping her ear but doing little damage as she evaded. With a flick of the tail, she trotted away from Enkiel and dropped the kill, clutching it between her paws as she peeled a piece of meat off and made short work of gulping it down nearly whole.

“Well, maybe you should learn to guard your kills better. Didn’t look like you wanted it that badly,” as he advanced, she grabbed it again and cleared a few more feet between them before dropping it and taking another bite. Her eyes turned to her silvery pelted brother, and she eyed him as he moved for her again, though she was losing interest in the kill. The few bites had done enough for her belly, and she wasn’t too eager to advance to his bad side much faster than she already had. If he went for it, she would let him have it this time.

She stood with the mangled remains between her forepaws. “You gotta answer my questions, first, brother. Can’t keep a lady waiting,” she chortled.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: crappy crappy

Enkiel was unhappy that she was teasing him and what made it worse was she actually was eating his food! But when she commented to him about it he rolled his eyes, he really wasn’t all that hungry and he could find more food later on, but he rolled his eyes

I should keep you waiting forever, I don’t want it now that you put your dirty fangs in it.

He grumbled unhappily, clearly sulking that she’d got the better of him… again.

Her name was clover. She’s just a cousin as far as I know.

He said gruffly after a few minutes wait, knowing he wasn’t going to see his meal again, he’d pretty much given it away at the start, he told himself he’d find another offering for Set, it’d just take him a little bit longer, he was sure the god would understand. With his older sister taking away what he had for the god to devour. He turned to look to for the snake, it was probably hiding in the brush somewhere now ready to move if he went near its master.

Where’s your pesky snake… if it bites me, I swear I’ll haunt you, I’ll have set find a way to bring me back from the dead just so you would be miserable the rest of your life.

He threatened, turning his head back to his sister. The last thing he wanted right now was a confrontation with a snake, and now it was one he couldn’t see. He bet it was right in front of his nose and he couldn’t even tell where it went.

<style>
</style>[/html]