Training
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

WC: 518

It had been only a month since Marahute had hatched, but the little chick grew in size so quickly it was now unable to fit in the pouch without Niro being uncomfortable, the chick was steady steady on its legs when Niro went to exercise the bird, it would be a while before he could gender the eagle, but he knew if it got over a certain size it was surely a female but that wouldn’t be for quite a while, he wouldn’t know the gender of his little bird for possibly over a year. But for now the little eagle was learning to balance on Niro’s shoulder, which was a big feat for the little thing, and now Niro was teaching the bird to move on the grass, Marahute couldn’t fly, it hadn’t even fledged yet, but Niro wasn’t worried about that he was sure it would be only a little longer before Marahute could fly, for now he’d teach her little things here and there to keep it occupied, he noticed that when Marahute was bored the bird would do something bad to get Niro’s attention, he wanted to avoid that all together, especially with Tobias in plain view.

Today Niro was working with Marahute alone, he would move around to have her hop or walk to him, he used a few different whistle commands and the chick would do what it was suppose to, that was a good sign, but being as Niro was Marahute’s “Mother” he had no worries about the chicks ability to listen and learn from him. He couldn’t believe the time that had passed where his little chick didn’t fit in its pouch anymore, he put it in a drawer in his room in the hotel to keep it safe in case he found something abandoned, but he doubted he’d find something like that any time soon, so all he wore now was a belt he only had a few pouches and a leather sheath for a knife he found in the stables one pouch had dried meat or fresh meat, whichever he had on hand, mostly it was dry though, it was for the birds, whenever they did something he liked he’d reward them. He loved the reward system it got a lot out of the birds, and it got pride out of him.

He was just outside the Chien hotel, training the clumbsy chick, wondering what everyone was doing, but feeling he should finish up Marahute’s lesson before actually moving anywhere. He was feeling pride as the bird didn’t miss a step to any of his whistles. He’d start using clicking sounds for flight when the bird was ready… he had to stay focused on the now though, He moved away to the fence and whistled something high pitched and the bird came hopping up to him sideways, staring at him with one eye hopeful for a treat. He smiled and gave Marahute a little of the meat, and then moving away again, whistling in another tone and watching the chick move to him in a slow paced walk.

[/html]
[html]

WC 300+

“Niro! Niro! the Takekuro girl cried frantically as she raced through the forest. Legs pumped quickly to run at optimum speed and she moved through the foliage with graceful leaps and dodges that were more of an artful dance than the anxious sprint that it was. She couldn’t see her brother yet but knew his scent was there on the breeze, and he likely couldn’t see her past the gates that surrounded the Chien Hotel and through the trees, but it wasn’t long after her call that Orin emerged from the thicket. She was in her Optime form, as usual, hands clasped carefully together as though she clutched something priceless between them.

When she reached the wrought-iron gate she could not be bothered to stop and open it, so instead she crouched and lunged, leaping into the air. One foot caught a tree branch and she pushed off again and sailed over the wall that enclosed the weedy garden. She landed lightly on her feet, knees bent to absorb the impact, and began running again. Her eyes were wide and she was panting gently, as though she had been running for a while - and she had been. Though she sailed through the brush quite easily, she had still picked up a miasma of forest bric-a-brac on her way – a thorny twig entangled in her pink tail, a leaf stuck to her foot. . .

At first it appeared that she didn’t even notice the little eagle chick crawling about on the ground, but just steps before she was about to trample the whelp she veered to the right and made an arc around it, stopping abruptly at Niro’s side. Her eyes were wild, her expression electric. Niro!” She yelled as if he was still yards away. There was desperation in her voice, but she was hardly even winded from her recent exertion. “Where were you? I’ve been calling for you! For like an hour!”

[/html]
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

WC:305

Niro’s training was abruptly halted by his sister when she can hurling over the gate and right up to him. He had to cringe and fold his ears down to keep from going deaf when Orin yelled at him. He looked up at her innocently, he’d honestly heard no call, not until she’d come within the hotel’s vicinity, and he felt bad, what was wrong? She seemed rather scared and a little panicked. He stood up and put his hands on her shoulders, looking at her worriedly in the eyes.

What’s the matter?

He asked, keeping his voice calm, he knew that if he was calm it would help her to calm a little as well. Something must have happened… and he wasn’t there to protect her, he actually felt quite bad and hope that he had a solution to whatever problem Orin had, but he wasn’t going to guarantee himself that he would be able to solve any problems. Marahute clicked its beak annoyed, it finally got to Niro who was now ignoring the poor bird. He looked down, took his hand off one of her shoulders and put it down so the little clumsy bird could hold on, and gave her a reward from his a pouch on his belt. He looked at Orin expectantly not sure if he was ready for what she had to throw at him.

Is someone hurt?

He asked, but then that didn’t seem right she wouldn’t be calling for him, he was no healer, he was learning how to fix birds wings and such but not a healer at all. He was so confused, what would make her in a panic like this? Did something happen to some of her books? Well if that were the case he didn’t think she’d be this much in a panic.

[/html]
[html]

WC 400+

Orin shook her head and looked down at her hands, but whatever she held was still invisible beneath her fingers. She worked it beneath her palms for a moment, then peered at the baby eagle that Niro had been out training. “No, no, no. No one’s hurt. I needed your help. So, I was out in the forest today and I was thinking about your birds,” a smile crept onto her muzzle. “And so I started to do a little hunting on my own. I thought, if you could raise one, then so could I, and we could have something to do together!”

Something crashed in the bushes just outside the gate. She glanced in the direction of the sound, then turned back to Niro, talking faster, “So I found a trail and followed it. Can you believe that, there was a whole bird-scent trail on the ground! And, well, when I got to the end, I found a nest!” She was triumphant and it sounded as though she hardly believed herself, either. Another sound, something was clumsily making its way through the brush. Her eyes went wide and she sped up even faster, “So I grabbed myself an egg and started coming back here to show you. Only, that noise started a little ways back, and I don’t know what it is, I’m scared, something’s coming for me, it’s a monster, Niro, help!” Her tone mutated from triumph to fright as the thing in the bushes outside the gate screeched – her fur ruffled at the noise.

“It wants to take my pet from me! See?” She held up her hands and opened her palms, and there within her hands was a brown egg. “I think it’s an eagle, like yours.”

She held it out so Niro could see, cradled in both palms, but the egg was nothing like the one Niro had fledged. This one was a light shade of brown, and small. So small that Orin didn’t need two hands to hold it. . . she could have just as easily clutched it between two fingers.

The thing outside the gate finally made its way through the last of the brush and was at the iron gates. It clucked and fussed wildly, wings waving from time to time. When it reached the fencing, it easily hopped through, and was coming straight for them. Orin screeched and ran for the porch, clutching the chicken egg to her as she went.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: hahahahahaha I sooo laughed at this

WC: 330

Niro listened to Orin’s story, and kept listening, but was watching where the movement was, and wasn’t sure what kind of bird she angered until she showed him the egg, once he saw it his tense moment was over, and a wry grin formed on his face, as he grinned out came the mother chicken, ready to grab her egg back. Niro couldn’t help but laugh as the chicken launched itself at Orin, this wasn’t normal behavior, not unless Orin actually kicked it, but he was sure with his sister… anything could happen. He watched his sister run onto the porch, scared of the fat hen. He laughed outright and this, and with that, Marahute jumped off his arm, intrigued by the brown hen, Marahute went straight for her. Niro watched. He knew the chick had little to no fighting ability, it hadn’t even started getting the huge talons, although they were big feet already, Marahute’s was still a little tender and wouldn’t harden for another few weeks. She seemed to sense Orin’s fear and hopped up near the porch blocking the chicken’s way.

At the sight of the long curbed beak and the huge golden eyes, the chicken squacked and started running the other way. Marahute got excited over it and opened its wings and ran after the hen, well more like hopped, the poor chick couldn’t move fast on its talons quite yet. Niro couldn’t help but burst into more laughter as the chasing match continued

I’m afraid your egg is only just a chicken sweet sister of mine. Nowhere near an eagle, although it would be best if you had only that.

He said chuckinging a little, as he watched the chicken now going in circles, in a panic. The rage she had seemed to keep her on a good course but the panic seemed to render her confused. Marahute was just having fun hopping after the bird.

Eagles take up a good chunk of your time.

[/html]
[html]

WC 500+

With graceful, albeit frantic, movements, she leaped onto the porch, clearing all the steps in one smooth bound. When she spun on her toes to see the chicken tearing straight at her, she jumped again and landed on the wooden banister that lined the porch of the Chien Hotel. With horror she watched as the chicken began its clumsy ascent of the steps to get to her. She crouched, leaning against a support beam, and cradled the egg in her arms, not wanting the bird to get it away from her.

Certainly there was a much easier solution to this problem that was probably screaming at Niro or anyone who witnessed this bizarre scene. A werewolf being chased by a chicken? Surely even Orin could take on the hen, no matter how enraged with motherly instinct it was. Maybe she would risk a scratch or a peck in the scuffle, but she could easily rend it lifeless, right? But that’s not how it worked in Orin’s brain. To Orin, she wasn’t running off with the chicken’s baby, she had taken off with her new pet. A pet and a hobby that would help her stay close to her brother, keep them from growing apart as they aged, and keep him interested in her. Her hobbies were growing ever more boring to Niro, and though she never said it aloud, she knew it well – even if he wouldn’t say it except when he meant it in jest. Orin knew that after so many jokes, the jabs at her constant reading and writing weren’t just in jest anymore, her obsessive hobby was tearing a rift in their tightly woven fabric. This egg was the mending needle that would sew it all back together again, and the chicken was the mother of that egg. Orin could not simply kill her.

Aside from that, how could she tell her little baby ‘eagle’ later that she had stolen it and slaughtered its mother? She wasn’t sure how well birds could understand Luperci, but Marahute and Niro didn’t seem to be doing too bad. She couldn’t lie to her pet.

Yet she was visibly relieved when the golden eagle chick took decided interest in the rampaging hen. At first, she swallowed hard, thinking Marahute was going to come end the chicken right there! Then she realized, much to the same vein of Niro’s thoughts, that Marahute was not ready to fight, it. . . she, in Orin’s mind. . . was only playing – or observing for the future.

“Please don’t hurt it, Marahute,” she pleaded with the fledgling. It was all she could do to stifle her giggle as the confused chicken began running in circles. “Can you just chase it away?”

She directed her request at the whelp, then turned her eyes to Niro. She didn’t know how they communicated, or if Marahute would have understood a thing she said. Maybe her tone alone could have conveyed her meaning?

Still perched upon the banister and curled up into a small lump of white and pink fluff, she frowned at Niro. “A chicken egg?” She should have put two-and-two together when the chicken started chasing her, but if it clicked, she hadn’t let on. She held up the small, brown egg and peered at it. “No, see, there’s spots, like when Marahute was an egg. See? It’s got to be an eagle!”

[/html]
[html]

WC:392 (3 points)

Niro watched for a little while until he saw his sister on the banister looking terrified for the poor mother chicken, and her begging his bird not to kill the chicken. He knew well enough that the little eagle wasn’t able to do such a thing, even though Marahute’s beak was sharp, and talons were quick to prick, the bird just wasn’t ready, although this was a rather good way to teach the bird to take interest in game, but they didn’t want chickens. Niro whistled to Marahute, squaking in it’s newly developing voice, Marahuted flapped its wings, before toddling to Niro. The chicken, learning that harm was not as needed, decided it was too much, wolves and an eagle weren’t well enough to get one egg back. It hurried off before the bird decided to got after her again.

Sister, I assure you, it’s a chicken egg. See how it’s smaller? And Golden eagle eggs are rather light, they may have brown spots, but not really brown entirely, no doubts you found it on the ground yes?

Niro asked, looking at the egg she held out to him. He wondered why she wanted to do what he did? Surely she knew how much work it would take to take care of a hatchling.

Eagles nest high up in the trees or cliffs, I got Marahute on the cliffs by the ocean.

He explained, he knew she was a bit more flexable than he was, but he knew she couldn’t make a climb down and up that easy. He’d actually almost fell once or twice, but had Heath there helping him, holding onto some rope that saved his life pretty much. Marahute nudged Niro with its head, until Niro bent down to let it up on his shoulder. Sometimes he didn’t understand his sister

But don’t you worry, I will help you take care of it, keep it close to your body, and come, I can give you my sling I used for Marahute.

He motioned her to follow him and went inside the hotel. Chicken eggs were much like eagles, they needed to stay warm throughout the whole incubation time. The best way was a lightbulb, but those were so rare to fnd these days and if they were found most had broken, so body heat was the way to go.

[/html]