2.Character Birthday~August 8 2009
3.Weather s/he is wolf~ Wolf
4.Species~Canis Wolf
5.Gender~Female
6.A secondary form of contact~daddyslittlegirl.boo@gmail.com
7.Currently played characters besides this one~None
8.How you found 'Souls~Glaiven
Initial Post~
She ran through the forest in her lupis form, sniffing the air for a certain scent. A while ago, she had caught the smell of wolves, and a lot of them. Following the scent, she remembered the events that had brought her here. Reverent's history is filled with sorrow. Her father left her mother before she was born; she doesn't know where he is or whether he is alive. When she was three months old, her mother died giving birth to her little brother.Young and already grieving, Reverent took care of the little wolf, Asthen, as best as she could. It all went well until the first forest fire of the season. Reverent was out hunting, when she suddenly smelled smoke. Rushing back to the den she had made for themselves, she stopped short as she saw the charred remains of the grass and leaves that had concealed it. Asthen was dead. Now she is truly alone, and is looking for a pack or a family. She came to a clearing that she could tell was a border of some sort to a territory. She went to the middle of it and stood, ears forward, waiting on the strangers to return. Eyes emotionless and body stone still.
[html]

Welcome to ‘Souls~! ^=^
Typically, when we write, we stay in past tense (you mix past with present tense). Also, just to let you know when you wrote “waiting for the strangers to return”, your implying that someone particular was there before… It’s a mild, mild form of powerplay, but just be careful of it, ^=^

Already a moon had passed since the Woaded Warrior had returned to the pack that had offered her protection. In return, she had given the pack her protection as its Warrior. But War did not wage within these lands, and the black wolf had been left to war with loners who disregarded the laws of the packs and the boarders that bound their lands. And yet, such occurrences were rare. The Warrior did not complain, for that was not her purpose. Indeed, the song and fury of War would sing through her sanguineous soul, but it was Peace that War was sought to retain. Cwmfen knew this well, and her tranquil soul was content with the Peace that lay over the lands. She was well aware of the tensions between Dahlia and neighboring territories, and so now, more so than during the warring seasons, the tranquil mind was alert and vigilant.

With dancing paws, the black wolf glided quietly through the woods, her passing nothing more than a mere whisper that joined the song of the wind and the trees. Having painted the woad anew upon her fur, the Dahlian donned the lupus form once more and returned to patrolling the boarders. She listened to their words as she passed, reminded of the faeries of Caledonia. The sinew beneath her fur was relaxed as she moved, ready to spring forth or remain still. The white orbs drank in the world, watching the colours of the world’s songs dance within her soul. But there was a change in that song. The woad-banded ears swiveled to catch that sound, her hungering maw lifting to catch a foreign scent. Effortlessly, the Raven Warrior changed her course, her movements ethereal. The pied Raven followed, calling once into the damp air.

A young female was at the boarders of her pack. The Caledonian-Korean did not take a passive route to observe, for the loner had waited patiently, respecting the pack laws. A faint smile tugged imperceptibly at her tranquil, impassive features. Despite her modest rank, the black female held herself with erect posture, her presence commanding and yet not domineering. “You wait upon the boarders of Dahlia de Mai,” the alto melody sang quietly with that strange formality, silver tones dancing along the damp air. The Caledonian lilt was light, but it’s foreign sound was not lost upon the air. “What is your purpose?”

<style type="text/css">
.ascend b {font-weight:bold; color:#000007; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.ascend-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align:center; }
.ascend p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ascend {margin:0 auto; width:330px; background-color:#6f6e70; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ble_02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e2f32; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#2e2f32; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
As she sat waiting, she caught a glimpse of a dark figure. Her eyes, emotionless as they were, brightened at the sight of the female wolf. Reverent saaw that the stranger was in an erect posture, and assumed that she was looking at a highter ranked wolf. She sought not to make enemies with this new wolf, and sat there waiting for her speak. "You wait upon the boreder of Dahlia de Mai. What is your purpose?" The authorative voice questioned her. "I wish to join this pack," she said in a low, broken-hearted voice. She raised her eyes to look into those that now held the deision of weather she would stay or leave.
[html]

I don’t normally post on the weekends, but I’ll make an exception since this is your joining thread~ ^=^
You don’t have to quote my post, ^=^ It’ll save space. Also, on ‘Souls, we ask that posts be at least 200 words or more (yours is around 115, I think). You can describe the surrounds, her reaction to my wolf, her thoughts, her actions, her appearance, etc. ^u^If you need help making your posts longer, just ask, and I’ll be more than willing to help you out!

The black fae’s eyes fell upon the younger wolf, contemplating the behavior displayed to her. The loner did not rise at her approach, nor did the loner submit. There was no introduction, The Warrior found disapproval touching her soul, but the tranquil eyes betrayed nothing and were unmoved. Black ears pressed forward to express that disapproval. Indeed, this wolf was young, and, as a loner, it was possible that such a thing was forgotten. But the Warrior could not allow it to simply pass by. Instinct commanded that the black lupus reprimand the perpetrator, and Cwmfen did. The unnervingly serene and almost amiable features distorted with the fury of War, a snarl clapping the silent air. Strong, white teeth shone as bright as those eyes in the dim light as the snarl died into a harsh breathe and then—Silence. The pied Raven called once, his harsh voice laughing. Then, as suddenly as the fury had sung forth, the waters of her soul grew still once more, her features tranquil. This youth could still learn.

As the erected hackles relaxed upon her body, the paw that had slid forth returned the wolf to the standing position that she had assumed previously. A moment of silence was allowed to persist before the soft, alto melody danced once more upon the air. The hot tongue of War’s Fury singed the edges of her voice. “You seek to join Dahlia de Mai, and yet you lack respect of her wolves.” A brief silence ensued once more, and the woad-banded ears of the Dahlian pricked forward as if hearing the world’s song that sang where her voice ceased. This young female would be required to respect the other members of the pack regardless of her rank. The Warrior, in times when War did not rage, kept Peace within the pack as well. But such a thing should be second nature to all members of the pack. Dahlia was a Family. “If you can learn such a thing, then Dahlia will welcome another member,” the alto melody continued, that unnervingly tranquil melody almost amiable once more. But that was not all that Dahlia required. The Warrior did not wish to let troublesome members within the pack.

“What can you offer to our pack?” It was a question that all wolves that met loners seeking to join a pack. But it was a question that needed to be asked.

<style type="text/css">
.ascend-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align:center; }
.ascend {margin:0 auto; width:330px; background-color:#6f6e70; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ble_02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e2f32; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#2e2f32; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
As Reverent sat there looking at the female she was unsure of what to do. Then the female let out a snarl that scared her to the core. She had locked her muscles to try and show strength. She waited to see if her next option would be death. When she spoted the female's back return to it's original spot her muscles relaxed but a mere fraction. She contuinued to wait, to see if the female wolf would speak to her. The sun moved and was now hovering over the two females. Reverent was unsure of what she would do. She had never encountered another wolf before. She had only the company of her dead brother, Asthen. As Reverent continued to look at the female she thought of her mother. How she had layed down on her back before a male she had never seen before. Reverent thought for a moment. She looked back up at the female. She the realized that had been mistaken, she had ignored the thought of herself not presenting her belly to this female. Reverent then realized how much of a mistake she had made. In the midst of her thoughts the female spoke, her voice was strong and authorative in Reverent's mind. The authorative female had told her that she had laked respect for Dahlia de Mai's pack, and that if she learned such a thing they would possibly welcome Reverent. At the news Reverent lowered her head. She had realized her mistake and hoped that she could prove herself. Reverent looked to the authorative female, but she had not made eye contact, instead Reverent lowered her ears and head. She then touched earth and fur together to present her soft underbelly to the female. Reverent had known that this female with one swipe could surley end her life of lonlynes. Reverent then spoke in a low and non-threatening voice. "I do not wish to threaten the authority of your pack." Reverent looked twoard the sky."I will not show disrespect to the Dahlia de Mai. I wish to join and learn, and to run with the pack of family and friends." Reverent then waited for the respone of the female who was now in control of Reverent's future of survivial.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this with me & for the offer of
helping me with my entries & for telling me about the 200 minimum word
posts! I try to get on as much as I can to check and see if there is a response
to this joining thread. ^-^ Again, thank you!
[html]

No problem! I’m just here to help, ^w^ I apologize for the quality of my post… >n<

The warrior within the wolf was satisfied with the fear that faintly glossed over the features of the lone wolf. But the wolf did not take pleasure in it. White orbs peered down at the other, her serene gaze contemplative as if in deep thought. And indeed, for the silence, the Warrior could have been. Instead, her mind was still, her thoughts flowing fluidly without panic, without the burden of feeling. The response elicited by her snarl corrected the feeling of disapproval. The youth was a quick learner, at least when reprimanded. The Warrior knew now the ways of motherhood, and, although she did not wish to take in a surrogate child, the Warrior would do what circumstance presented to her. The submissive posture showed her respect, but the younger wolf soon took her posturing quite to the extreme. A golden, mirthful laugh quietly danced from her throat like a bubbling spring in the distant woods. There was no mockery within it. “You need not display your belly, loner,” the alto tones sang. “To submit so completely displays fear and weakness.” The woaded female’s tail moved snake-like behind her as the silenced followed. The younger wolf’s diction—‘threaten’—was a strange choice. The Warrior did not think that disrespect would threaten authority, but she did not comment upon the youth’s choice, for it was not relevant.

The loner’s request was reasonable, and the Raven Dreamer nodded once, almost imperceptibly. “Should a place among the ranks be given, you will have the chance to learn with those of the pack.” Dahlia, as all packs, would nourish its youth and members. “However, we are only as strong as our weakest member,” the Caledonian lilt continued, her speech, despite speaking to an inferior wolf, still holding that strange formality. It was a form of respect that was constant within the white-eyed fae. To respect all wolves, even one’s enemies, was to respect oneself. “What would you be able to offer to her? Perhaps you are skilled, or have an interest into which you seek to delve deeper.” Perhaps the Caledonian-Korean could provoke thought within the still-nameless wolf.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
It's okay, about the quality of your posts, I just need to step up and be more creative in my posts is all. ^-^

As Reverent waited she risked a glance to the white-eyed female. She saw thought in her eyes, or so she had thought. As she layed there Reverent heard the female snarl. Reverent looked to the sky and saw a bird fly over head, as she layed there. Her thoughts where that she was going to die that day. As Reverent continued to lay she had heard a soft musical laugh ring through the air between herself and the quiet female. Reverent's sky blue eyes turned twoard the female to see what had amused the black wolf. When the female told her about how she was submiting had been completely displayed fear and weakenss. When she heard the white-eyed female say this her heart had stopped and if it could have frozen anymore it did. Reverent stayed in assumed position too shocked to move her muscles. As she was in thought the female spoke again with the voice she was never able to place. As the female's question rang through out Reverent's black ears she slowly and catuiosly moved her body to a sitting position but continued to bow her black head and ears. Reverent sat there looking upon the trees waiting for an answer as to what she should do. The wind flowed through the black fur on her back. She sat there the sun beating down on Reverent's back. As the wind had blown she thought she heard a faint sound. She listened closer, her thoughts going silent and all surroundings far away. She listened to the wind and then foucused back on her surroundings. Reverent inhaled before speaking. "I am able to offer her food. I have hunted many times for my, dead, brother Asthen. I can offer her a Warrior, one who will fight for her territory and her family." Reverent had listened to the wind and spoke what she felt and knew. She sat in the sun head and ears bowed before the black white-eyed female before her. The wind blowing through her fur like a whisper of comfort. She sat, wondering the name of the female before her and thinking over her flaws before, she had not mentioned her name and knew that was a mistake on her part.
[html]

Sorry for the wait; also, I’m going to have Cwmfen call for the Alpha now, ^=^
500+

The Woaded Warrior found the loner’s newly assumed posture to be more appropriate. Such a position was humble, for a sitting wolf was surely at a greater disadvantage and at the mercy of a standing wolf. As the younger wolf was indeed at the mercy of Cwmfen’s jaws, the Dahlian was satisfied that the other now understood the difference between the different postures of submission. A quiet smile imperceptibly touched the wolf’s black lips, but her silence was the only indication of her approval. And in the silence, the Raven Dreamer listened. Those songs of silence painted the still waters of her soul, humming with the Song that thrived there and that sang of War and Peace. She listened also to the colours that came faintly forth from the blue-eyed youth, contemplating their quality. The Dahlian did believe that the loner would be permitted to join the ranks of Dahlia so long as respect was given to all members of the flower pack regardless of rank, and so as long as a contribution, one that all members of every pack were expected to make, was made.

Woad banded ears, drank in the loner’s response. The given window into the stranger’s past, the mention of a deceased brother, did not seem to phase the warrior, who remained tranquilly unmoved. But that information was stored within the back of her mind for later use and contemplation. Instead, a soft nod was given. “Hunters are always useful for a growing pack,” the alto melody sang. “Warriors are also in need.” However, the black fae thought, such a life is not meant for everyone. “Should you be permitted to join Dahlia’s ranks,” the soft tones continued, ”and should your interest in War remain, come and find me. I am a Warrior for Dahlia de Mai.” And that was perhaps the only personal point that was revealed to the blue-eyed adolescent.

The one-eyed Raven’s tenebrous form descended from the damp sky to find a place upon the Dreamer’s shoulder. His inky gaze was turned toward the stranger, emotionless and piercing, empty and cold. The pied bird’s beak clicked almost mockingly as he foiled the Dahlian Warrior. “The wolf named Conor Soul is Alpha Male of Dahlia de Mai. He will decide ultimately the end of your request to join.” A quiet smile danced across the woad-banded maw, an amiable gesture that the emotionally distant female had learned to wear as a gesture of the kindness and comfort that was often lost within the calm waters of her being. Fluidly, the jaws lifted to the heavens and released a call whose silver song sang with a dolorous touch, as if she called not to the young man that held the loyalty of the Woaded Warrior, but as if she called to the tenebrous selpulchres of belligerent memories long past. And as the strange song that belonged to Cwmfen faded into that silence that she found to be so pulchritudinous, the white orbs returned to the stranger at the boarders. The pied Raven murmured quietly, but his gaze had never left the one opposite the Dreamer.

“My name is Cwmfen nic Graine,” the soft susurrus sang serenely. “Although you have failed to provide me with an introduction,” she continued, although not unkindly, “it would be fitting to provide one to the Alpha when he arrives.” It was simply that strange culture of respect that the Caledonian-Korean had been raised to expect. While she did not think that Conor would mind, it would be proper for the blue-eyed loner to introduce herself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hewwo!

It felt wrong to have the former Adonis of Dahlia to call him for such matters. Cwmfen's glorious voice rose from the edge of the pack territory, and the young male dutifully trotted on until he reached their position. As always, the tranquil smile danced upon light lips, calm and this strange confidence very present within lavender hued orbs. He looked at his former leader, dipping his face gracefully at her in quiet greeting as he approached the couple. A similar, yet more formal gesticulation was granted the strange wolf that accompanied the woaden marked woman.

Black and with eyes reminding him a bit of his demonic father's glowing sapphires. She was younger, though well an adult in most eyes. He tilted his head ever so slightly and continued to watch the newcomer with a serene face. "Greetings young miss," he added softly as he allowed his handsome smile to widen just a little. His glance found his former mentor again, awaiting her words with patience and interest.

Table credit: Alli/Anu
[/html]
Sorry it took me long to reply. I've been sick with a cold & have been sleeping. Luckily it has gotten better!

As Reverent sat after the female had called for the Alpha she introduced herself. "My name is Reverent." Though she knew it had been to late to introduce herself she had still felt the need too. As she sat awaiting the moment the Alpha wolf would arive. She she had taken the time to look around and take in the colour of the green leaves of the tree and brown of the bark, the soft green grass she had set herself upon. Reverents ears had caught the sound of another wolf, though this one was male. He trotted to Cwmfen nic Graine with a smile that danced across his features. Reverent looked at him, he had lavender eyes with a copper-like pelt she had never seen. The male looked at Reverent and she lowered her head. Still in her former sitting position. She glanced up at him as he tilted his head slightly. Reverent was in awe of the wolf. He has looked diffrent than she had expected. As the male said his greeting Reverent couldn't help but smile back. Reverent sspoke in a low voice. "Hello, my name is Reverent." After she had introduced herself and in begining conversation with Cwmfen nic Graine she had not done. Reverent then continued to listen to the wind that speaked to her in its musical tone.
[html]

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

The one-eyed Raven croaked, his voice deep and harsh in the wordless space. But that wordlessness was soon filled with the sound of a name. “Reverent,” the soft Caledonian lilt repeated. “Hello,” she greeted once more. It was strange with the Woaded fae, but she always gave greetings to those whose names she learned. It was a strange custom, perhaps, but it was a custom that the foreigner believed to be respectful.

When Conor arrived, the soft smile upon her lips became more apparent, more golden, although to one who was not familiar with the Warrior, the subtle changed could have been dismissed as nothing. It was a pleasure to the black female to see her Alpha, for truly she did not see enough of him. It was a fault of her own, however, for the Dahlian Warrior was not a social creature, preferring still her solitude despite the presence of a family within her life. Although her family remained in a far land, she did not mourn their absence. Although she desired them, her mind accepted that she had returned to Dahlia as her Dreaming had called of her. And that was why she had returned to Conor’s pack. She recalled when she had first met him as an adolescent in the cabin with the fox. It was a strangely pleasant memory, for both, perhaps unknowingly, had helped each other. The woad-banded maw dipped respectfully, and the eternally erected posture of the Caledonian-Korean seemed to diminish without movement at all.

Once the wolf named Reverent had given her name to Conor, the synesthete listened to the silence that sang of ethereal melodies within her calm soul. An imperceptible nod was made by the woaded crania after the name was given, but the silence held expectant tones. When the silence chose to continue, the Warrior broke it, her voice soft as it joined in the world’s song. “Reverent comes seeking entry into Dahlia,” the alto tones explained for the younger female, as it seemed that she had not found it necessary to request a place herself. A soft breath—perhaps a sigh— was expelled at that thought. “She claims skill in hunting,” the Dreamer continued, “and has offered Dahlia a fighter.” Perhaps that was why the mind of the woaded female so completely considered the wolf named Reverent. There were often times when those who should not be soldiers were trained as soldiers, and unpleasant ends would meet lives of such creatures, whether that end was death or spiritual scarring. But whether Reverent would be trained by Cwmfen or another wolf was not to be decided then upon the boarders. The decision to be made was whether to grant acceptance or to reject it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I fail so horribly q_Q Sorry to keep you waiting so long.. We're right at the end, but I'll get you titled up and accepted anyway! <3

The name rang cheerily through the relaxed atmosphere, and with Cwmfen present with more further knowledge about this wolf, Conor did not need more. Though she had left the pack behind and taken her family with her—shown weakness and perhaps in some views betrayed Dahlia, she was still one of the most able wolves Conor knew. He was sincerely grateful to have her back, though wondered what this situation looked like in her misty white eyes. Was it strange to bow down before the former leader’s son when youth still stood fresh in his face? He carefully avoided thinking of things like this in such ways. He was not an usurper like his father—he had been best qualified choice back then. In truth he thought he was not doing his job too poorly either, but what did he know about grown up things..

He trusted Cwmfen completely, regardless. ”Nice to meet you, Reverent,” the young male offered sincerely. Perhaps the black females could find some kind of kinship in other places than their coats. There were few warriors left after the war, but despite the peace, defence was not something that should be nonexistent. Safety was everything. Turning to his Dahlian member, he spoke. ”I will leave this decision to you, as your ability to judge a person is better than mine." It was a complement, a sincere one. Cwmfen nic Graine had once been one of Dahlia’s three leaders, and had she still been present when Haku was overthrown she would have been their leader today, he was certain of this.

Table credit: Alli/Anu
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.