Between the wings of a butterfly
[html]

Welcome, daarling! wc: 430

The night was young and the moon cast a blue glow across the field. Prey scurried under the brush as night predators crept on silent paws, drinking in the scents with jaws wide open. A slight breeze sent a whisper through the grass and carried the petals of flowers across the darkness. The trees tossed gently and reached their leafy limbs towards the evening sky as stars began to form like sparkling diamonds against the black. A silver-furred female crouched in the dancing grass, her ears perked forward toward the sound of a rodent nosing the dirt. The rain had stopped for a moment and the female took advantage of the change to travel northwest towards the dense forested part of Cour Des Miracles. Her stomach was empty and lurched for the prey that sat, unexpectedly, only several paw steps away. She controlled herself though, taking each of her hunting lessons by heart, she followed them in order. Laying one black paw in front of the other, staying low, Ever stalked silently. A breeze rushed by her, carrying the scent of the squirrel across her face.

The foliage around her thinned as she came up close to the red rodent. He was oblivious of his surroundings as he groomed his fur with tiny claws. Silver-blue orbs stared intently at him from the darkest part of the meadow. In a flash, the wolf leapt from the grasses and began the chase. The squirrel was quick on fresh energy but slowed as soon as the meadow thickened into the forest. He searched instinctively for a tree to climb, listening to the easy breathing of his predator behind him. As the squirrel lunged he lost his chance. Ever was upon him in an instant, breaking his tiny neck and lifting his dead body into her mouth. She licked at the fur with her tongue while her eyes searched for a place to eat.

The night was already heavy with blackness when Ever found a patch of light sea grass by the ocean. The female dropped her prey and scented the air carefully before sinking her teeth into the squirrel’s fat stomach. She ate slowly as the moon climbed the sky and settled above Ever, washing her grey coat with its light until it turned white. She looked up at the moon's comforting glow. The young wolf had only been in Miracles pack for a short time but she felt she belonged finally. The ocean lapped at the shore as the female dipped her head back down to her prey.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:521px; background-color:#333b3e ; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/i4ljdl.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #ffffff; padding: 398px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc: 300+

Jazia sighed with relief as she entered the territory. She did it, she turned her personality around and actually conquered the situation! She decided she needed to keep her attitude this way, or else trust would never be in her future. The moisture in the air was thick, and Jazia couldn’t see anyone in sight. It was kind of…spooky. However, she was not frightened easily.
Suddenly, a noise appeared. Jazia couldn’t tell what it was, but she smelt another wolf. Was there someone out along with her? It seemed too late for another creature to be out wandering. She decided to investigate, following the bursting scent. Jazia came up near the sea, the smell was even more noticable. Just then, a figure appeared. It was definitely, no doubt, a wolf. Jazia felt no alertness at all, although she should have. She stepped closer, ready to attack if necessary. It wasn’t normal to be out this late, from what she knew.
“Who’s there?” she questioned. Jazia stepped even closer. “Why are you out so late?” She probably shouldn’t be asking, for she was out too. Along with that, she was extremely new to this pack, where as this wolf could be a long time member. She was willing to do anything to help the group, it would help her gain trust from the leader and members. This wolf could be a predator, but Jazia didn’t hurt it, she didn’t know anything for sure.A step back was a good idea, this wolf could be overly fierce and quite strong.
The sea water rippled as some sort of specimen landed on its surface. Jazia loved the sound of the sea, it was beautiful and soothing. It definitely made her calmer than she would have been. If it wasn’t for nature, she’d have nothing to soothe her when times were tough.

<style>
.jaz .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.jaz p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.jaz b {color:#ffd04c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jaz {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/575/tropicaljazia.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:279px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#fff; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.jaz-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.jaz .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dashed #eeebb4; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

The silver furred female dug her claw into her kill and removed some of the red fur that had caught in her teeth. Moon light pooled around her slim body and flickered quickly as dark clouds passed over the surface. Suddenly, the breeze stirred with a warning scent. Ever perked her ears in confused. The smell was unfamiliar but muddled with the decent fragrance of Miracles pack. Then the voice came. Clear and tight through the mist that was rolling across the land. It asked what a young wolf as herself would be doing out so late. The female scoffed with dark humor. Who could ask a question like that when sharing the same misfortune?

Ever stood, shaking her moon flooded fur. Her figure emerged from the mist like a ghost of the night. Her icy blue eyes boring furious holes into the young female who looked up at her with such certainty. She let a smug look slide across her face as she towered slightly over the wolf. ”I was out for a midnight snack,” Ever said with acid rolling off her tongue. It was late and she was not in the mood to play games. ”Why would a wolf with such late taste be questioning another?” The silver furred female was in the other wolf’s face now, her jaw slightly open. Her heart was beating at a casual pace but was throbbing with anger. She indeed was curious at how much tolerance she didn’t have at the moment.

She backed off a bit when a cool wind brushed her fur back and carried the sweet scent of morning dew. It cooled her mind and brought her back to her senses. The wolf sat back on her haunches and stared intently at the darkening forest behind the younger female. It was getting darker by the minute but Ever would show no intention of leaving before the other wolf did. Her eyes glittered in the moon light as it pierced the ground with bright fury.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:413px; background-color:#235868; background-image:url(http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1578/souls7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc: 300 exactly ^_^

Jazia smirked sarcastically and scoffed, twisting her head toward the sea. This wolf was right and unusually similar to herself in some odd way. It was something that Jazia couldn’t figure out, but she felt a slight connection. It was the tone of the wolf’s voice, or possibly just the words in general that seemed alike.

Jazia wasn’t positive as to why she was out so late, it was just her favorite time of day. The dark atmosphere was beautiful, the stars twinkling gave her tingles of excitement, and the haunting fog sent chills through her spine. Jazia loved action, and there was always something to explore at night. The noises of night were sensational. Should she explain all the details to this wolf she’d barely met yet?

“Good point, indeed. I shouldn’t be talking,” Jazia turned away, walking towards the rushing water of the sea. “Isn’t it just beautiful? Night time is just unexplainable.” She wondered why this wolf enjoyed night. Could it be the same reasons she did, or was she just silly for thinking such things? Perhaps it was the prey, a lot wolves savored the food that could be caught at this time. Maybe the fact that not many creatures were out stood out to the wolf. Jazia personally liked this very much. It made her feel like the whole land was hers, and she could do anything her heart desired.

However, she had to realize she wasn’t just a loner anymore. Doing anything she wanted wasn’t an option. One wrong thing and she’d be forced out immediately. After all, she almost hadn’t even made it into the pack for thinking she could do whatever she wanted. Now Jazia had a feel for what was expected, and she just hoped she could somehow fulfill these expectations.

<style>
.jaz {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/575/tropicaljazia.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:279px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#fff; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.jaz .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dashed #eeebb4; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

YummySmile 340

The female’s eyes flickered after the younger wolf as she stalked the sea line. She spoke as if night was a fairy tale but as Ever looked up at the sparkling stars and the moon reflecting on the water, she agreed. She stood slowly and followed the female to the edge of the forest, listening to their paw steps flatten the moist grass. Her brown ears twitched at the sound of potential prey in the bushes and her muzzle rose to the flutter of bird wings in the dark trees. After a moment of walking through the blue tinted forest, the silver furred female turned to her acquaintance, who she was already taking a liking too. ”I agree,” Her voice ringing it’s original soft and fluid sound. ”The sounds are … exquisite.” The female finished, looking around the forest again. In the distance she heard the rushing of a waterfall as an animal scurried into his den to her right. ”I am Ever Mayawyn, of Cour Des Miracles,” Ever said when a comfortable silence enveloped the two. She had a small feeling that the two wolves would get along. It already felt like they had a good connection.

The fragrance of fresh, rich pine tickled the silver furred female’s nose as the breeze streamed gently across her face. Her tail swayed as the two wolves came upon a mellow stream surrounded by flowering trees. The small clearing was peaceful and flowers bright in the gathering night. Ever lowered her muzzle into the cold stream and drank thankfully, watching the other female out of the corner of her eye. When she was den, the young wolf waded into the clear river. Smooth pebbles stirred under her paws. Ever walked slowly until she felt the sand of the bank on the other side tickle her pads. She trotted to under a large, swaying blossom tree and lay down eagerly on the tender flourishing grass. The female looked over expectantly at her new friend, settling for a long moment of talking.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:413px; background-color:#235868; background-image:url(http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1578/souls7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc: 310

Jazia nodded in agreement. The noises were quite beautiful. She was glad she had something in common with this wolf. Perhaps they'd be her first friend in this pack? She wondered what Ever Mayawyn thought of her, maybe she wasn't even noticing any connections.

She liked the name of her acquaintance, it was very odd but it sounded lovely. It reminded Jazia of gorgeous flowers swaying in a grass patch near a seaside. Coincidentally, her own name Jazia reminded her of palm trees swaying in the same scene. Another thing in common. This wolf was turning out to be pretty interesting.

Jazia trotted over to where Ever Mayawyn had settled and sat a couple feet away. It was almost the crack of daylight, in about and hour or so the sun would peak up from behind the trees. Jazia perked her ears up when she heard Ever Mayawyn was part of the same pack as she was. Perfect! Jazia smiled and turned to the wolf beside her.

"I'm from Cour des Miracles as well. Just joined last afternoon," she stated with a sick feeling in her stomach. She still worried that she wouldn't be trusted. As if trying to shove the thought away Jazia shook her head crazily around, it was something that had worked for her ever since she was a pup. Ever Mayawyn probably thought she was utterly weird for doing such a thing. "How long have you been part of Cour des Miracles?" Maybe Ever Mayawyn had been here for a long while and could give her some information about it. If she was lucky Jazia would hear Ever Mayawyn's story of how she got accepted into the pack.

A leaf fell from the tree above them and landed on Jazia's back. The leaf was wet and dew trickled down her body. The feeling was very refreshing, since she had been quite warm from her thick fur.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Daylight was already sparkling on the horizon by the time the two ladies had settled down and began exchanging light words. The crystal stream before them rippled and sloshed through the pebbles and rocks that lay, immersed, on the bottom. The aura of the apple blossoms that covered the trees, tinting their leaves a gentle pink, filled the air and left a harmonious effect on the she wolves whose eyes sparkled at each other’s. Their coats both a brilliant silver and white mingled as they sat closer while a breeze corrupted the air. They chatted, the white pelted one introducing herself to the silver furred female. From a distance away this is what the peaceful morning would have looked like, but up close one could feel the energy wafting off the little clearing.

”That is a beautiful name …” The female commented, looking at Jazia with cloudy sky colored eyes. She was indeed slightly smug she was the first to welcome the young wolf into the territory or Miracles pack. Her tail thumped quietly against the ground as she thought of how long she had been with this pack. It had seemed forever but then again it felt like her paw prints were still fresh on the territory. ”I believe it was a month that I have been settled … “ Her voice carried on the wind as she lifted her muzzle, letting the words flow weakly from her mouth. At that moment she thought of her Father, Vigilante, and what the king might be doing at the moment. The miss cast a glance at Jazia, suddenly wondering where she came from. There was no reason not to ask now.

“How did you come upon here, dear?” She asked her eyes gentle but alert. A bird chirped in the rose bush beside her but silenced as soon as the female turned her head in it’s direction. A warm smile spread across her off-white cheeks. She bent her neck until her muzzle touched the grass and she began ripping up small blades and chewing on them between her teeth. After a moment she looked again at the canis before her and waited for her to tell her tale.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#232427; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:418px; background-color:#7f9ab7; background-image:url(http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3865/souls12.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc: 310

There wasn't much too her story, but Jazia decided she'd tell all she could remember. "Well, I came from a nice family. I had always loved exploring. I was good at taking care of myself," Jazia started. There weren't many details to the story, so she skipped around, searching for things to say. "I was excited to begin my journey on my own, to find a place to live. I made myself shelters when needed, I found food when I was hungry, but it went on and on and on...." Jazia was getting a little more into her story now.

"I was afraid maybe I'd never find a pack. I felt like I was just going in circles. After months of my exploration I finally spotted this territory. Rurik Russo was there and greeted me," the worst part was about to be stated, but Jazia tried to show no sign of any change in emotion. She didn't want Ever Mawawyn to think she was a wolf who worried about anything and was weak. "See, I have a problem with controlling what I say and do. I told Rurik I just had been traveling a long while and I just...walked into the territory before I was accepted. Not a very good idea." Jazia annoyingly smirked at her mistake.

"I almost wasn't allowed in. The leader said I wasn't very trusted, and if i didn't earn trust soon i was going to be forced out. I tried to apologize and explain my problem, but it was no help. I'm going to be watched like a hawk. I'm really not bad though! I was just-" Jazia realized she was chattering to much. She eyed Ever Mawawyn to see if she was still listening to the tale. It wasn't a very interesting story, so she understood why her friend would of stopped paying attention to her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ever is having troubles xD

▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

The silver female listened as she should. Jazia’s story was very different than her own, which brought back the painful memories of her childhood. Shifting her weight off the leg she had been laying on, the girl still watched the other wolf while she spoke. The breeze once again ruffled her fur and danced across the flat part of her pointed muzzle, tickling her nose with the delicate scent of the pink colored blossoms. Ever looked up at the tree she lay closest to, swiveling her ears back towards her friend to reassure her she was still attending the story swap.

The little flowers were the gentle color of a cloud caught in the light of a sunset. They moved slightly in the wind but never left the branch they grew on. She admired they’re strength, twitching her tail when she felt something crawling quickly across it. Looking back over at Jazia she was able to catch the last part of their conversation. She eyed her suspiciously when she stopped abruptly; returning the attentive gaze the she-wolf gave her.

Please go on. Ever urged the gray wolf softly. She could tell that talking was relieving both the wolves of their other worrisome thoughts. Unfortunately, talks of home force Ever to break down the walls she built carefully around her past with only a slow cuff. The edges of her heart fluttered with pain when her mother’s cries and weak words flowed out of her maw in the silver female’s mind’s eye. She suppressed and shudder and eagerly glanced back over at Jazia, impatiently waiting for an opportunity to forget.

Fishes in the bank jumped into the cool summer air, sending up a rainbow of droplets. Sunrise was already appearing on the horizon and reflected upon the ocean, turning the frothy waves to gold. As the silver fish dove back into the water, another quickly replaced it’s spot, twirling and twisting it’s slick wet body. Ever watched it all with an intent silver gaze, turned sky blue from the faint sun light.

<style type="text/css">
.ocean-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6b8f44; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ocean-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:1px;}
.ocean-a01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ocean-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#f0f5f7; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3808/souls24copy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 10px 0px 225px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#7db2cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]