I was wondering If a Mentor Was Available?
I feel I need to reach the expectations of the others here. I would love to improve my writing skills.
I am eager to learn!
Will someone be kind and willing enough to offer me guidence to the path of more literate roleplaying?
Hey! I think the official mentors right now are on absence or otherwise busy with life, sadly. D; However, if you'd like in the meantime, I could try to offer you some help? Big Grin

I also saw your thread request in the thread request forum and I think it'd be easier to help you out if we roleplayed together a little bit, if you want? Big Grin I'd offer you pointers throughout the thread and everything.
Oooh yes please. That would help me alot xD
Shall I start a thread in Élévation Orientale- and you can reply?
That works for me! Big Grin
Another way to improve your writing can be by looking through the RP Guide :3 We have an article on grammar which is pretty helpful, and the general writing article has some suggestions on writing comfortable post lengths. The improvement article might also help you out.

Some things that work for me are:
  • Read your post back to you, either in your head or aloud. Sometimes I notice I write weird things when I am super excited to post, but don't slow down enough.
  • Find someone else's post that you really liked and analyze it. What did they do? How did they introduce the thread? Where is the break between thoughts and actions? Is it a smooth transition?
  • Identify your weak spots. Do you write too much action without a back-story? Or do you discuss your character's thoughts, but forget to write action? It's boring for the other reader to have to meander through your character's thoughts. While it often explains why they say things, it's also good to write a bit more in there.
  • Take cues from other characters. If the other character moves or makes a gesture, acknowledge it! I used to have trouble with this, since I wouldn't read the other person's post enough to respond to their prompts.
  • Work from things the other writer doesn't write. That is, if the character is very tall in their Optime form and has a huge scar, your character might be intimidated or they might feel challenged (let us show off our scars!) Whatever it is, try to have your character notice things and work from there.
I hope that helps! :O
Thanks a deal- That will definatly be useful information!
I'm writing that thread now... Only just got the chance xD
Just for purposes of... IDEK, linking up! Here's our thread. Big Grin

Agree wholeheartedly with Tammi's suggestion of re-reading posts--it surely adds time to your post, but it seriously helps you to avoid weird errors and things that sound funky. ^^; I encounter the same problem. My fingers go ahead of my brain or vice versa, and I end up with totally wonky sentences or really weird typos. Tongue