Bird bird bird, bird is the word
[html]

Wc:564

OOC: hahaha I had to make that title

There was finally a break in the rain they had had for the past few weeks. It was actually sunny too, so Niro figured it was a good time to pull out his trap again, and try to get another bird, he was making extremely good progress with Tobias, and Marahute was listening to him so well. It was surely time for another trap and another bird, he figured having three or four would do the trick. Maybe he’d find a way to catch an owl, he’d have to find a book on that but that would be hard most were worn or destroyed because they didn’t have the care they needed. He just got out the trap and moved it a few hundred yards from where the stables were. He also wanted to experiment with some other traps that he’d made on the little free time he had, if he wasn’t training in the stables on rainy days he was doing it outside, the birds were consuming a good chunk of his life, but he’d had enough time to make a rather interesting bait trap that didn’t consist of a huge wooden cage. This one he was told had much more of a success rate than the cage trap, and it only consisted of strings, metal, and wires and either dead of live bait, he figured it would be best to have live. He put in a rabbit, which hopped around the cage frantically scared that it was going to be eaten. once he finished that, he figured it was best to go near the forested area for this newer one. He made sure that he would put it in an area where no wolves really went to, so they didn’t get in the trap, of course it wasn’t one that would hurt them, unless they tripped over it when they snared the trap, it was made to snap shut in a half circle with the net draping over the bird, extremely harmless unless not checked and the bird starved to death.

It was hard to find all the parts that went to the trap especially the springs that would help it, but he found them in rather odd places, one place he’d found some of the materials was the light house, in which he was quietly and sneakily tidying up, he didn’t really do much work on the outside yet, but he would, it was a surprise for his sister, she wanted to live there and he had no problems, he’d have to vanquish the evil seagulls, but that was a plan for another day. Today was to set his new traps, with this new one he set up within minutes unlike the heavy lumpy cage that took him half an hour to pull out of the stables. The whole time the little fledgling on his shoulder was sitting patiently waiting for him to give it attention. He was proud of the work he’d done on Marahute, even though the bird had been hatched by him, he read in the books that birds who were hatched by the hands tended to be much more demanding, and didn’t always listen, but since Niro had hatched the little chick he was able to share the attention with Marahute, the bird had always been with him, and he doubted that would change any time soon.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]
Art in table © Alex

It was the perfect day for the Cour Des Miracles beaches. He hadn't been there in awhile now, the last time he saw his friends (namely Strelein) the male had come out towards Inferni Packlands to be with Daisuke. He had come today to visit Alaine, and little Caillen who, by now, was much older, taller; as well as to take a dip in the ocean that is on the coast of the pack. Daisuke needed to visit them and update them on his current whereabouts since he had been pretty sedentary with his current location, being in the unclaimed old Inferni territory. It was very close to the borders, in fact, it was right across the Styx River from Inferni. They needed to know that it wasn't safe for them to come looking for him unless he was to meet them miles away from inferni and then him take them the rest of the way. He decided this for them, because he didn't want them to be in danger. Daisuke being on the Styx river was mainly so he could keep a close eye on that part of Inferni, seeing if his friend would come out and play with him, though it had been a while since he had seen the male last, and the rumors that he heard (but believed not to be true) had not been proven wrong, and it was rather unnerving to him that they were floating around with some chance that it could be true. He told himself, denied it true, but there was always the "what ifs" that would creep in through the little rat hole that they dug in his mind to hide when in when he hunted them like a cat would do a mouse.

The sun pelted man had made his way through the borders and heading towards the beaches. The southern beaches were bound to be warmer, and remind him more of home in Qixak on Zirenta. Daisuke had walked outside of the borders for some time as to not have his scent all over the lands before he had entered just to the north of the stables. He had been walking through the brush that covered the land before the land turned from land to water. Daisuke moved as quickly as he could, making as little noise as possible before he had heard the footsteps of another. He froze in his tracks, him ducking behind a tree. He had peeked around the tree to get a glimpse of a younger male, doing something with rope and meat and metal. Sapphire eyes was on the kid for a good five minutes before Daisuke's curiosity had gotten the best of him and he wandered out from behind his tree and he had gone up to the boy. Whatcha doin? Looks awfully complicated there.. Daisuke spoke, his eyes on the trap before he looked at the male. My name is Daisuke Ghanjai, who are you?

<style type="text/css">
.daisukealex b {font-weight:normal; color:#5c6f9a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.daisukealexooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#000;}
.daisukealex p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.daisukealex {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... uketab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Wc:305
i>

He noticed the male as he walked up to Niro, but he didn’t make any sudden movements. He was one of the nicer wolves he had learned, especially to trespassers. It wasn’t hard to spot the colorful Daisuke, who could teach Orin a lesson. He kept a neutral face. well it seemed the colorful creature in front of him was rather curious to what Niro was doing. He could tell the wolf was not part of Cour des Miracles yet he seemed so at home here, like he really belonged.

My name is Niro Takekuro.

Niro said, normally he’d offer his hand in a friendly handshake but he was wondering if he should shove the other male off the lands he now called home, or if he was welcome here. It was hard to tell, the yellow wolf seemed quite at ease, and he didn’t look hostile, and finally, thinking if this was to be a peaceful moment he should be a peaceful wolf. He hated confrontations. And would rather do anything in his power to stop them.

I’m making a bird trap, for rapors. It’s not that hard. See the bait goes here, and once the bird moves the bait, the net flips over and catches the bird.

He said after a few minutes of inquiring the wolf. He pointed to the parts where he would put the bait and where the rope and metal would pull up over the bird before it could startled and fly away.

not too hard really.

He said, thinking about the cage he’d built from scratch. Well Rurik helped him but it had been a pain for the first while, and just getting it to work, since the first one had been a flop. He hoped this would be faster and easier and less time messing with it.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]
OOC: Ew, short post from me Dx sorries.

My name is Niro Takekuro. Daisuke never had a bad time with a Cour wolf. Heath had been the one who was a little bit on the grumpy side, but after a few moments and a few more drinks of vodka, the two were best friends, laughing and joking on the shorelines. Daisuke was incredibly friendly, so it was hard not to get along with him, unless you just thought him to be annoying, unintelligent, or whatever else you would like to use as an excuse. Your name is pure awesomeness. the islander spoke, a grin cocked on his jaw as he looked at this other male. I’m making a bird trap, for raptors. It’s not that hard. See the bait goes here, and once the bird moves the bait, the net flips over and catches the bird. the male continued on, seeming to look him over once more before continuing. Daisuke had looked the other over as well, noticing that the male was taller than he. A good foot taller too. It didn't make Daisuke uneasy though, simply because Daisuke would be able to hold his ground against the male. Daisuke might be faster than the other, or more experienced or whatever. It didn't matter because Daisuke wasn't planning on running away or fighting this male, for neither male held any signs of aggression in their auras. Daisuke listened hard and looked at the male as he showed him the contraption. Daisuke didn't understand what the purpose of it was though. He understand the fact that it was a bird trap, but Daisuke had no clue why the other male would want to catch a bird of prey.

not too hard really. the other went on. It sure looks hard. The concept is easy I suppose. figured Daisuke as he gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. Why are you trying to catch raptors? he asked, curious of the reason the male would want to be catching such magnificent beasts. Daisuke didn't know the real concept of having a pet, or training an another animal to do your bidding. The only reason behind him having Schwarz, was because he raised the feline pretty much and it just decided to stick around him. He gave the feline freedom to come and go, and believe it or not, Schwarz chose to stay everyday with Daisuke, every night too. He wasn't sure if he could imagine a relationship with a bird being the same way. Maybe it was. He didn't know, but he was curious to find out. That he surely was.

<style type="text/css">
.daisukealex b {font-weight:normal; color:#5c6f9a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.daisukealexooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#000;}
.daisukealex p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.daisukealex {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... uketab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Wc:356

OOC: Niro won't shut up hahahahaha

Niro couldn’t help but smile at Daisuke’s comment, he wasn’t so sure about that, but he wouldn’t say anything, he would just smile, it was a nice gesture, although an outrageous one. He could see the curiosity in the wolf’s eyes, and that he was paying full attention, he liked that, half as much as he liked talking about his birds though. Marahute could feel his excitement from his shoulder, and she flapped her own wings, knowing he was talking about her kind. She was a proud bird, and an attention whore. At Daisuke’s last question, he had his young fledgling hop onto his hand, which was ungloved, but at this point Marahute could understand that she didn’t need to hold on to Niro so tightly.

Well they can help us, with our hunting, I’m teaching one of my birds how to scout for food, as well as hunt small prey, it will help the pack gain some stores for the winter and such eventually, or have a nice big feast.

He said, stroking Marahute’s head gingerly as he explained everything to his colorful companion.

I’m even going to train a few to send messages between packs, that is if I get their permission first.

Niro said, now he was thinking ahead again, just like he did every time he explained what he was up to, just one small thing didn’t seem to be enough for the young wolf, he needed to do something more. Niro hated not having anything to do with himself, and wanted to do different types of experiments with birding, and hunting, which were surely two of his favorite things to do, but he didn’t like a fight. Now that Daisuke seemed to get Niro’s tension out, Niro inquired the wolf himself.

What might I ask are you doing in Cour des Miracles?

He asked, he was still unsure if he should be running the wolf out, and doubted it needed to happen, as colorful as he was, and well, he looked odd, yet in so many ways familiar, he wasn’t harming Niro, and seemed rather quiet. Not one sign of aggression.

[html]

wc
OOC: sorry for the wait and the shortness Dx

Well they can help us, with our hunting, I’m teaching one of my birds how to scout for food, as well as hunt small prey, it will help the pack gain some stores for the winter and such eventually, or have a nice big feast. the other male explained to Daisuke. It seemed like a good idea. Daisuke smiled and looked at the other male. That idea seems to be very helpful for your pack! I'm sure the King will be pleased! his tail wagged gently behind him as he spoke to this other male, a smile still on his face, showing the other that he was not going to be of harm to him. Daisuke looks at the bird on his shoulder, whom had flapped her wings proudly. She really was a beautiful animal. She definitely was. What's her name? She certainly is the beautiful one. the male spoke, looking at the bird still as he asked the question to the one called Niro. I’m even going to train a few to send messages between packs, that is if I get their permission first. the male went on to speak. Daisuke's mouth formed an 'o' when he heard the words of the other male. You would need other people that know how to control a bird too, ya know. the male suggested to the other, a friendly suggestion from friend to friend, or ally to ally, whichever way you wanted to put it.

Daisuke stood there though, in front of the male, totally unaware of the next question to come to him from the other. What might I ask are you doing in Cour des Miracles? the male asked him. Daisuke tilted back his torn ear, yet a stupid grin still sat on his face. Oh! I was here to uhm, visit Miss Alaine and little Caillen and perhaps join them down at the beaches, but I'm curious to learn more about your birds, so please, enlighten me the male spoke putting his hand on his chin as he looked at the younger male's bird that he held in his hand, and then he looked down to the trap. Have you ever caught anything else with your trap? Daisuke asked, cocking his head to the other male as he slowly moved his gaze from the trap to Niro.

<style type="text/css">
.momentofsilence b {font-weight:bold; color:#b8504e; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.momentofsilenceooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fa8e5a; text-align:right;}
.momentofsilence p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.momentofsilence {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#fff25a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ilence.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412635; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#412635; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Wc:325

He beamed with pride at the compliment from Daisuke, to get praise about him was rare, well not as rare as it had been, but he soaked it in, not to be egotistical, but afraid those compliments would end at any time. Niro’s tail twitched a little but then remembered he was suppose to be on watch for the newcomer. He saw Daisuke turn his head to Marahute who was now soaking in the attention.

Thank you, I named her Marahute,

He thought about the other male’s answer to his comment about messanger birds, he’d known he had to have at least one or two wolves the birds would answer to, that was the idea, but he didn’t know of anyone who knew about birds, then again, he hadn’t gone to other packs yet. Maybe he would soon, he just wasn’t quite ready. Daisuke’s answer made Niro calm a bit, he’d heard and seen the two Daisuke mentioned but never got the actual pleasure of meeting either of them, but the colorful wolf seemed sincere about what he was talking about, so he was a friend of the pack, which convinced Niro well enough. Dausuke seemed more interested in the trap than hurrying off. That was fine with Niro. He watched as Daisuke looked at the trap. He smiled wondering if Daisuke thought he caught Marahute in a trap, well that would seem the obvious yes?

Marahute wasn’t really caught, I actually acquired her. This trap itself has yet to catch anything, but my other one caught a Red tail hawk a month or so ago.

He said, not really wanting to say that he’d taken the egg from its parents nest, although it wasn’t so bad because only one out of the whole nest would live, the stronger of the chicks would kill any other. There were three eggs there so he saved one or another at least two of the brood would live.