A Few Questions
What's an NCP? I know it stands for Non-Playable Character, but I'm not sure. Is it a character that you don't play, and is simply there?

As a non-canine, can other canines understand me? Are there a lot of other non-canine characters here, and can non-canine animals participate in the Neutral Territories? Is it even recommended for a non-canine to be my first character?

I've only been in one full-forum RP before. Does a thread that your character is participating in have to be efficiently dead before you're allowed to post in another?

One more...sorry for all the questions! Is there a minimum number of sentences? I know that on some advanced RPs I go on, there's a minimum number of five to ten sentences. Is there a limit like that here?

Thank you so much!
Hello and welcome to 'Souls!

1. Yes, an NPC is an Non-Playable Character. For our purposes, it is a character that you don't RP from the perspective of, more or less. If you have an NPC "attached" to your character, the NPC must always appear with your character and never on his own. You can dictate his actions, etc, but usually not to the extent of a regular character. We're pretty flexible with this though.

2. Most carnivores and other animals at the top of the food chain speak in "High-Speech" and will be able to understand each other. Herbivores, birds, and other "lesser" names will normally use "Low-Speech" which, while rooted in the same basics of language, may be difficult for carnivores, etc, to understand. It is possible for a creature who naturally speaks in one dialect to learn and understand the other dialect, but it isn't terribly common.

3. I personally wouldn't recommend starting off with a non-canine character as it limits your ability to interact with packs since most packs will not accept non-canines into their ranks. However, a non-canine character has full reign of the Neutral Territories and can RP on packlands under various circumstances.

4. You can have as many concurrent threads as you are able to manage. Most players have anywhere between 2-10 active threads at any given time.

5. There's no real minimum sentence or word count, though I'd recommend no less than two paragraphs. I think the average post is around 200-400 words. A good rule of thumb is to match the length of whoever you're RPing with. You can take a look at some existing threads to get an idea of what people usually go with for length.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions!