Points?
Hi there!
Sorry if this is a rhetorical question but I am still new so forgive me ... but what exactly are points, how do you keep track of them and what are they for? I'd like to know all you can provide.

Thanks! <3
POINTS!

It depends entirely on what you want to play. Big Grin There's either the Cour des Miracles Treasure Trove, which is the pack game for CdM only. There's also Word of the Day. Big Grin

You can play both games with the same posts, so a post can qualify for points for the CdM game and also earn you a WoTD point if you use today's word of the day in the post. :3

But uhh... the easiest way to earn points for the pack games is post length points. So, if you write a post with a word count of 325, you'll earn 3 points for the CdM game. Here is an awesome word count tool! If you earn a Catacombs Skull, CdM also awards points for ya. :3

There are a few different ways you can submit points to the leaders. I went over this in a PM the other day, so I'm going to quote from there and give again to you, modified a bit. ^_^

Quote:If you wanted, you can keep track of them a few different ways:

1. A post in the Profiles and Archive Listings forum. I'm not involved in the updating or maintenance of CdM's game, so I can't say for sure if they would want you to PM them when you want the game updated or if they'd be OK with coming to check out your game tally link on their own. :o

2. Just by PMing them to your leader. If you wanted to do it this way, you should wait till the threads are capped and archived and then shoot the PM over to your leader, requesting the total points for the thread in the PM. ^^;

3. You can keep them in a word document or something and just PM them to your leader when you've stacked up a bunch of points. ^_^

Oooor if you make up your own way to do it, that's fine too! There's no official system or anything, just make sure you include the word count along with a link to the thread. ^_^
Alright! That helps alot ... especially the Miracles game with all that information. Seems like a lot of work but definantly worth it. Also, do you have to play the game?
There is no requirement to play the games. They're just there for fun. Smile