Changes
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Sorry for being late with starting this! Smile

Fastening his leather belt onto himself, the Chief was getting ready to go. He grew restless from staying inside, and lately the Sun had shone so brightly there was no ignoring him. Even still, it was warmer inside his shack of a hut than it was outside, with the wind and everything. No, it was better to stay outside, these days. This was what his species did best, and sometimes he glanced at the wolves with thicker manes and pitied them; when the heat was unbearable to him on the peak of some days, it had to be hell for them. And more heat was to come, no doubt about that.

Walking with the air moving through the hairs that made his light summer pelt always made him feel refreshed, and he found that he was glad there was a walk from his own den to the one he sought. He had been somewhat hidden from many of his pack members lately, and it was time he changed it. Today, Liliana was on the schedule; he wanted to know how she was getting along. Not seldomly had he thought that he should perhaps seek out his tribe's members more than they sought him, if not for anything else than checking that they were okay. Soon, her scent grew and he was fairly certain she was around. Stopping at a comfortable distance to where he knew her den to be, he called out for her. Liliana? You home? Not everyone liked getting visitors all the way to their den when they were not too familiar. Dawali never had liked to step on anyone's toes.

[/html]
[html]

Wc:392

Liliana was sitting down, sorting through some of the herbs she’d picked, they were no good to use anymore because she didn’t prepare them properly, but she wanted to remember the shape of their leaves and such. She’d gone to one of the wolves that explained to her if the plant was useful or not, and then learned what the plant was useful for. She didn’t know how to write, or read, she’d never even heard of either of them, although she’d seen words they were just markings that looked pretty to her. She only had her memory and thoughts to go by which meant she had to remember everything. She did want to keep the leaves, no matter how old and dried they got, till she could tell which was which and where she’d find them, she knew where she found everything she had, and hopefully would be able to prepare whatever she picked right away. She was about to put everything up when she heard a familiar yet new voice outside. She hurried to get the leaves tucked away and went outside. There stood her leader, the one who seemed upset for her first entrance into the packlands, but she’d learned, and he didn’t look made but his appearance made her apprehensive. Normally she heard leaders approached such low ranked wolves such as herself because they were angry at them. She looked up at the wolf chief and then bowed her head a little, nervous.

Good day Dawali

She was pleased she remembered his name, and she was so nervous now she couldn’t really say much more than that. She just hoped she was in no trouble, and he only had a request for her or something. She didn’t know exactly how it was like in every pack, and she never really saw a leader of a pack unless at a distance and that was always when her mother was presenting a horse. She looked belittled by all the leaders that Liliana saw, her form had always been in submission, mostly because she was a dog and wolves were the true leaders. She felt comfortable with most of the wolves here, except one who’d really didn’t seem to like her but they had a hard time conversing. Liliana tangled her hands together nervously waiting for something that had displeased him.

<style>
.lili-horse1-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse1 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse1 b {color:#554531; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-border {width:322px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Man, I'm so so sorry. But I can hug you to pieces on AIM or something? Fair trade? ><

She seemed nervous at the sight of him, but he remembered their first encounter, and attributed it to that. She would know him in the end, and everything took time, he always thought, but still he could not help but feel a little upset by the reaction some of his members had towards him. Never had he wanted to be feared, only respected, but for some this was two sides of the same story. He gave her a smile and hoped it would suffice to calm her, before he spoke. "I wanted to see how you were getting along. I see you've found a suitable den!" Found, built; Dawali didn't know. Perhaps she had had help from the others in the tribe; that would be good. He liked that they had so many different skills, that for whatever anyone wanted to do, there was someone who could help or teach them. It made him proud that their community, despite their low numbers, had so many different colors.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

His smiled did seem to reassure her slightly, and she felt awkward to be at the eye of his attention. She gave a smile back, it seemed contagious and she couldn’t help it. So she didn’t do anything wrong? Thank goodness, she didn’t mean to but she let out a sigh of relief.

Oh I like it here, everyone’s been very welcome.

She said, in the most part she had been although there had been a case where she’d met one of the wolves that seemed bias about her dog heritage, but she’d made sure to keep away from her, and she hadn’t seen her in a while, and she wasn’t going to tell him something so small anyway. She was sure that there were bigger problems.

Yeah, I was told that I could have one that isn’t occupied.

she said hoping he didn’t mind she had it, well he hadn’t told her off, which was a good thing she supposed. Well she’d know if she wasn’t welcome in this particular den or not. She was sort of lightening up since he smiled at her, and she knew he wasn’t going to scold her for anything, but she wasn’t sure what else he wanted her for, she wasn’t really used to a friendly visit, she’d never had one before.

<style>
.lili-horse1 {background-color:#A4886A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #D0B390; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#D0B390; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:320px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse1-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D0B390; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
</style>

Muhaha.

Dawali's heart was put at east as soon as it seemed as if Liliana's was, and the smile lingered on his lips for some moments, until he needed them for speaking. "Good, good." Pausing, he was at a loss for a moment, for things to say. She'd basically answered his questions already, hadn't she? But of course, his goal was not so much to check up on her as to get to know her; she came across as shy, and he needed her to know that he could be trusted. As the tribe's medic, the need was double; a medicine man whose patients did not have faith in him was no medicine man at all, as they would seek others to heal their ailments. He could not afford to lose any members to sickness just because they did not know him; not for his own heart's sake. He was too old, and too soft for that kind of thing. "So you've met some of our other members already? That's good. How're you finding tending the animals?" It felt like an interview. Hopefully she would see his good intentions, and it would soon start to feel like a conversation, instead.

[/html]
[html]

WC:351 (2 Points) OOC: <3 you just made it up to me by posting twice in one day!!!!

As he spoke Liliana saw that he was trying to be considerate, he was trying to get to know her, it felt odd, but this did ease her even more. She did need more friends, she had so few, well not much more than the acquaintances she’s had all over souls. She thought the closest thing she had to a friend was Nayati, who was nice enough, but she didn’t know what to think of him, he was clever, and helped her out. Other than that she’d only seen him a few times. That was about it. Other than that she rarely saw anyone else. She wouldn’t complain, she wasn’t always in Aniwaya to see everyone every day. Dawali seemed to be going out of his way to be nice and it made her feel well, what did she feel? It wasn’t a feeling she was use to that was for sure. At the mention of working she smiled. This she knew she could talk about.

I enjoy it very much. I love being around the horses, and the other animals well they treat me well enough and I the same.

She said, her smile was now a genuine Liliana smile, one that hadn’t been put on her face contagiously, but one that was very sincere. She could easily stay with the animals if she wanted to, and she probably could with the way the pack was, but she didn’t really know if anyone occupied the stables other than the animals themselves.

I really do appreciate you letting me tend to them. I missed horses when I was alone. It’s good to be back among them. I’d love to train some as well… I mean if that is ok with you.

She knew her rank wasn’t the highest and she wasn’t sure if she should but she knew she was good at what she did. Her mother taught her. Soon she’d have her own horse, one she wouldn’t really have to ask permission to tend to, but that would be a future that had yet to come. First she had to find a herd.

<style>
</style>[/html]
</style>

Big GrinD Maybe I should have tonnes of threads with you, so I can compete with your post count Tongue

She was perhaps quiet and shy, but once they spoke of the inhabitants of their stable, the female lit up, and he could tell that this was something important to her. The people that were allowed a path that mattered to them generally did a better job than the less enthusiastic, and Dawali was happy to know that they had one such person to take care of the tribe animals. He liked them himself, but not enough to stay there all the time and do all kinds of stuff. He'd been doing those chores when no one else had been available, and it was okay, but his heart beat for medicine, and he was the most focused when he could heal, or collect the things that enabled him to do so. "I always thought that horses are incapable of the deceitfulness and wickedness that some wolves are. They are easy to trust to not betray you. And they're so majestic, too; I'm surprised that not more of you are fighting for the right to care for them." He winked at her and gave a little chuckle inside the words in the last sentence. It was true, though; it seemed like any young girl-pup's dream was to have one of these creatures as their own.

He smiled at her words; it was not so much him letting her tend them, as her letting him not tend them. "Trust me, it is not so much you being allowed to tend them, as we need you to do so. And you are free to train them; right now there are only two of you, and none of higher ranking, so just you do what you deem necessary." Their horses were in grave need of training. They had none for hunting, and none for war. Then again, they had no hunters or warriors that seemed to favor the use of them, but still he felt like they should have them. What if the old tribe finally arrived? "You could maybe ask Nayati, if you want, if he can help you with training them for hunting. I do not know if he uses them much for that, but I'm sure he knows a thing or to anyway."

[/html]
[html]

WC: --- OOC: lol she’ll always be skittish ahahahaha

Liliana couldn’t help but be taken aback by his joke, and a wink, but she was seeing so much wolf in him now that she didn’t see the stone faced leader she’d though he might be. It made her feel better. In a way safer. She couldn’t help but smile. She was surprised to that not everyone was lining up to work with the horses, but she could thing of one big pile of stinky something that would keep them away. She was use to mucking after horses in a camp, it wasn’t the same in a set place, but she got the idea of it quick enough.

I’m sure it’s a good thing not all the wolves are lining up for the job.

She said, thinking of how hard it would be to deny positions to wolves who wanted to do something, especially if it was their life’s ambition. She smiled a little when he mentioned Nayati, he was the only other wolf she met more than once in the lands, and he was rather nice. She nodded.

I may have to do that.

She said, she already knew how to do it, but if someone had another way she could always decide if it was better or not. She wasn’t saying her mother was the best of trainers but she knew that she was good enough to be employed all over to train the horses for all sorts of things.

<style>
</style>[/html]
</style>

Poor little thing ^^

He smiled at her as the conversation continued onward with less and less friction. He hoped to always make a good impression on the newcomers, especially those that seemed as if they needed it in particular. One could argue that a Chief was by far more a rank of war and justice, but as long as Dawali kept that rank, he would consider his additional duty to create a stable social life in the tribe. He did not want anyone to have to cower in fear at the sight of him or anyone else - it was just not healthy. "That's true. Imagine all of us cramped into the stables?" He laughed a little at the image, especially broad-chested Nayati crushed up and uncomfortable against a wall. For all his serious business, Dawali could easily be a boy sometimes, and nothing pleased him more than seeing his old friend in a pinch. At least, an innocent pinch.

"Oh, you should! I don't know anyone quite so skilled as he is." Of course, within the path of hunting. His own idol was his parents, both nimble-fingered, but in different ways. Still, Dawali had never had a problem with seeing Nayati rise to Master Hunter one day. He hoped it would be here, for it would be an honor to give him the rank. "I'm hoping for as many foals as possible, too, so the horse count gets closer to one per each member, perhaps more. I haven't checked on them in a while; do you know if any of them are expecting?" One per head would be good, but there should be more. Specialized horses; he wanted that. He wanted horses for war, just in case. One never knew.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short post fail

She couldn’t help but giggle at the comment, and imagining it, it was still even more funny, she was happy that there was a sense of humor in the leader, even though it seemed so unorthodox. She was still shy of the leader, but he seemed to be trying to enjoy the meeting together.

I think it would be welcome come winter though.

She said thoughtfully, knowing the winders in the area were harsh, she’d had seen it for herself as well as the winters further up north. Just thinking about it gave her a chill and she had the thick coat for such a thing.

Breeding would take a while, though if I bring in new blood it might not be so hard. I’m sure there may be a few pregnant, but I can’t be too sure just yet.

She said, she’d been tending to the said horses, who acted accordingly, but she really wasn’t up for the task of finding out quite yet. But to see foals and to be able to train them from… well almost birth, was an exciting thought.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8D9839; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]