Species guide
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80223105255.htm

I was looking and found this about the northern rocky mountain wolf species...is it possible there was a mistake including them on the extinct list? The only reason I ask is cause mis is one. XD
Oh, that was probably an accident, you're right. :O I'll go fix it. Thanks! :]

Edit: Actually, looking into it, it seems as though there are two types of similar wolves:
C. l. irremotus, Northern Rocky Mountain Wolf
C. l. occidentalis, Rocky Mountain Wolf aka Mackenzie Valley wolf.

Misery is the latter, which is definitely not extinct. But I'd have to look in to the C. l. irremotus later, since I'm about to go!
Actually I noticed the first one you listed Tammi was on in the north american AND the extinct list
Eeeeeeergh. D:

Half the reason this is so difficult is because nobody can actually agree on what the fuck wolf subspecies are. Some people say there shouldn't be any subspecies of gray wolf at all; they should all simply be classified as "gray wolves" or "canis lupus lupus." Other people agree with the current classifications of 39 distinct subspecies as of 2005. Other people say there should be about six wolf subspecies. IDEK!

I *believe* (read: believe; I cannot find any sources at the moment) that the Northern Rocky Mts Wolf (irremotus) was considered extinct along with the Southern Rocky Mts Wolf (idk wtf their latin name is at the moment) but that a small population was discovered somewhere and reintroduced and protected and blah blah blah. At least, I think that's what happened, anyway. D:
SLEUTHING HAS BEEN DONES

so, these are the species of wolf reintroduced to the US in Montana or thereabouts, meaning no--they weren't extinct. XD it is possible that they were a) extinct in the wild at one point, bred in captivity, and reintroduced (liked red wolves!) or b) extinct in the continental US (I remember having been confused about another subspecies on that -- people kept going EXTINCT EXTINCT EXTINCT ... except they only were extinct in continental US. They were alive and well in Alaska/Canada. XD).

so yes, they are still around. :p there was actually a page for NRMW as being a live species in addition to them being listed as an extinct subspecies, so there ya go. XD

thank youuuu. Big Grin
XD Sorry, didn't mean to start a big discussion. I just didn't want to feel stupid for making Mis one...was nearly certain they were still around, lol.
no! this is good! because seriously, a lot of crap surrounding the wolf subspecies is convoluted -- coyotes, jackals? psshhhh. way moreso. x_x it helps that mistakes are being pointed out! <3333