A few general questions.
Hey.
I'm Spectral..
I'm not quite sure about what the general standards for posts are?
Also, starting off as a newbie, would it be better for me to develop my writing style as a loner or in a pack?
I tried joining Phenoix Valley, but it turns out they aren't accepting join requests which I hadn't known..
I may not reply for a few days.
Hi! Welcome to 'Souls!

I would say most posts are expected to be at least two paragraphs long, but you can snoop around the current threads and archives for an idea of how much people like to write and what quality their writing is.

I would highly suggest joining a pack as a newcomer since you'll have more opportunities to have threads with other members, whereas it can sometimes be difficult to arrange threads for a loner. If you need/want help with your writing, you can ask someone to help you specifically!

Packs will generally have a note in the announcement box of their forum that says "borders are open" or "borders are closed" so you can look for that if you decide to join another pack. ^^
I read through most of their stuff, but I must of missed that.
Kaena said they were accepting.. xD She already apologized for that though >.<
Any suggestions for packs?

I've been thinking Crimson Dreams..
Were you looking for anything specific in your pack? Smile All the packs have various unique qualities that might help your decision. If you haven't already, you can check out their websites for detailed information and such. I think Crimson Dreams is a fine choice, as is Dahlia de Mai, since they have slightly fewer members at the moment. :O
I had a look at the websites..
All I could find was the history..
Could you please link me to the unique qualities thing? >.<
Since each website is set up different, there isn't really a "unique qualities" section. You should be able to find info on ranks, tradition, and policies in addition to history though. Also, this post summarizes a few things pretty well.
Also, when people Roleplay they all have a fancy html border thing...

How is that done?
You can use HTML in your post by putting code between the [doHTML*] and [/doHTML*] tags (without the asterisks), so if you know HTML, you can make your own table. You can find an excellent tutorial here. Alternatively, there are lots of awesome folks that will make a table for you if you make a request in the Talents forum. Smile
Thanks xD

More questions.. o.o'

I made an avatar using the free kiritar thingo,
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz193/J...ng?t=1278827217
But it won't let me upload it and says that that file extensions is not allowed, even though it's a png?
Just remove the ?t=1278827217. It's unnecessary and prevents the forum from recognizing the file as a png. :3
Oooh.
Thanks!
Another question, would it be alright if Spectral had knowledge of growing edible plants from when he was with his brother?

He didn't bring anything, but has basic knowledge of what's edible etc, and also of how to grow/dry halucinagenic plants?
Certainly. :o
yay for the inquisitive <3 ^^ hope to see you in rp sooooon Big Grin