A Halcyon
[html]

So sorry for the delay! 324

The sky was a bright and clear blue for the first time in months. One could see mountains in the distance covered in a thin layer of haze. The grey female awoke, her colorless eyes fluttering open, clouded at first. As she focused, her eyes cleared and locked on a new sprouted daisy swaying in the breeze. Her tail thumped loudly as she rolled from her side to her stomach and transitioned into a crouching position. With the daisy in her gaze, the girl barely felt the branch with pine needles that brushed against her back. The large pine tree had offered her cover for the night when she was too tired to travel back to Vigilantes. Loosing interest in the blooming white flower, the wolf dug her claws in the grass and stretched where she had indented the area with her body.

After she had loosened her muscles, Ever leaped from beneath the pine and landed in the dry dirt, a cloud radiating from under her paws. The air was hotter in the open but the grey female was glad she hadn’t shaken the moisture out of her pelt. She could hear the ocean crashing on the shore behind the clump of trees in which she walked into. Scents flooded through Ever’s open jaws while a smile unfolded across her maw. Twigs cracked below her pads and the wet soil oozed through her claws. Suddenly, a rabbit burst from the opaque mist that settled between the trunks. Caught by surprise, the female scrabbled on the forest floor before she took off after the prey.

Legs slicing through the air, the silver furred female flew after the rabbit. She could smell it’s fear as the wolf began gaining on the brown rodent. The undergrowth rustled as the hare turned sharply and a spray of rain drops twirled through the air and sparkled in the rays of sunshine from the leafy canopy.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#232427; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:418px; background-color:#7f9ab7; background-image:url(http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3865/souls12.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

WC:536 OOC: I'm sooo sorry this took me longer than I thought it would, work came and said i couldn't think anymore after it got through with me :|. and if I got something wrong, or my post is not matching to your s please tell me so i can change it, i got confuzzled at the last bit, i think it's cause i'm over worked and over tired lol.

It had been a while since Niro could take his birds out together, Marahute was now as big as the little red tail hawk, who he named Tobias, he thought today would be a good day for the older bird to hunt. Marahute was just learning how to fly now, but Niro doubted she could hunt quite yet, even though her claws were now sharp enough to cut through skin, but Tobias being a good few years older than Marahute knew how to hunt, and it was time the bird got that chance. Niro had moved out close to the wooded area of the pack lands, and preyed beyond hope that he would get his bird back, he’d tethered a leather along the birds foot, which had a bell he’d found in the Hotel attached to it. He whistled a few times and pushed his arm up, signaling the bird to lift up into the sky, Tobias obeyed and flew up high, he watched the little hawk as it circled overhead, and not long before he had taken off, had he seen his prey. Niro saw as the bird moved away, and suddenly made a magnificent dive down into the brush. Niro sprinted along and couldn’t believe that his bird had already found something, but did he catch it? Niro hurried along towards Tobias when he spotted a wolf near some bushes where the bird had landed. Oh no… the wolf had been going after something too, and that’s why it didn’t take Tobias long to catch sight of something… Niro was feeling bad now. He hurried over, seeing the wolf wasn’t the same as him in any way other than being a wolf, she didn’t seem to have the particular Luperci smell to her. He could also smell the familiar pack scent all over her, which meant a good thing, as she would surely be a pack member, he just hadn’t met her quite yet.

Hello! I’m so sorry, I think my bird just finished your kill, but I’ll get it for you.

He said, hoping she didn’t mind that something else took her kill. He’d probably be pretty unhappy about it himself it that happened, he hurried over and found that the bird was holding onto a rabbit, which was at the moment being gutted… Niro whistled twice and the bird just glared at him, Niro rolled his eyes and pulled out his gloves, then perched Marahute, who’d been sitting quietly on a branch of the bush and picked Tobias up.

You aren’t supposed to eat the prey right away, you wait or bring it to me.

He knew the bird couldn’t fully understand but Tobias could hear the disappointment in Niro’s tone, although he was still flapping his wings wildly as Niro held onto his feet. The hawk wanted that rabbit. Niro pulled out some food from his pouch and gave it to the bird then picked the dead rabbit one handed by the feet and moved to the wolf.

He kind of started on it, but you can have it, you may have had it first anyway if Tobias didn’t interfere.

Niro said and put the rabbit on the ground for her.

[/html]
[html]

Oh please take your time! There is no rush in replying … I do have other threads and a family to keep me busy. Your post reads fine and if you need to focus on work, do so. The thread will be here Smile 317

Jaws open, the female bunched her muscles and readied herself to pounce on the rabbit. Her pelt rippled even before she felt the disturbance in the air. A beautiful hawk beat its wings before her muzzle and dove down, catching the rabbit in its beak. The silver furred wolf pulled up short, paws scrambling on the forest floor and raised her colorless eyes on the bird as it flew towards the tree canopy. She stumbled to follow it, but instead finding the hawk as she assumed she saw a wolf. He smelled faintly of her pack and the strong aroma of male. He carried another hawk on his arm and spoke to the one who had taken her prey just like another wolf.

Looking over at her, the male apologized and bent to pick up the rabbit. The female noticed immediately he stood in his two legged form. His pelt was a dry grey with a rich black arch of hair on his neck. She smiled as he dropped the rabbit at her Smokey black paws, stating that his hawk may have already started her work of cleaning.

Keeping the gentle smile on her maw, Ever looked up at the male and his hawks and said Oh it is fine, he may have it if he desires. Her voice chimed its regular fluent tone, matching her grin. A beam of sun broke from the leaves and shone on a small puddle of water to the female left. She turned slowly and began lapping at the water turned to crystal by the ray. The refreshing water wet her tongue and cleaned her mouth. She didn’t mind losing her prey, especially to such a trained gem as the hawks. Ever was truly mesmerized by the connection between the luperci and his birds. Once again she marveled at the way they sat so trustfully on the males arm.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:324px; background-color:#806195; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5058/testcopy.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d6b3ee; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

OOC: Wow… sorry I didn’t see this sooner or there woulda been a reply quicker, and only thing you got off was Marahute being an eagle, but since she’s a fledgling, it’s hard to tell anywas so she can still think it is a hawk Smile

It was a great relief that she wasn’t offended by his birds hunting habits, Tobias was still all for his own at the moment, but Niro was going to break the bird of that sometime soon. He watched her drink and saw she didn’t seem to mind. He gave another sharp whistle, a command saying it was ok to enjoy his catch.

I’ll make sure to make up for your loss soon enough then. My name is Niro Takekuro, I’m the huntsman of the pride.

He said, boldly stating his own place in the pack, he’d just gotten the title, and felt quite proud to be of some assistance to his pack, whom he would be loyal to forever, he loved this place, and all its wonders.

That is Tobias.

He said nodding at the hawk pulling apart the rabbit, then held the eagle in his arm up

and this is Marahute. What’s your name? I suppose you are new here huh?

He felt now that he had a true place in the pack that he wasn’t so new anymore, after all he’d been here nearly six months… was it really that long? He smiled happily at her wondering what interesting news of her own life she had to tell him. It was rare to meet non luperci wolve’s at least it was for him.

[/html]
[html]

Oh terribly sorry! 307

She felt his gaze on her back as Ever drank. As she turned around, she smiled lightly when the bird continued his feasting. The male introduced himself as Niro and his hawk and eagle. The connection between them was strong and clear. Ever admired the luperci for it. Then Niro asked for her name. She was slightly embarrassed she hadn’t mentioned it before. I am Ever Mayawyn, daughter of Vigilante, That was all she could offer. She was part of the royal family but hadn’t taken up a permanent skill place in the pack. The decision was important to her. New only by a month. She added, moving her eyes up at the sun beams glitter which had caught her attention. It was truly a beautiful afternoon.

I think I will take up your offer to make up for my loss, The silver female said with a slight giggle, inviting the male to hunt with her. Care to hunt? She knew hardly any wolf could resist the offer to eat and chase prey, but she couldn’t expect everyone to be the same. As she waited for Niro’s answer, the female gave an approval glance at the hawk. His feathers were a brilliant color that rippled fluffed and smoothed as he tore at the rabbit. Again, no anger came when she realized she had caught the prey. Ever could never resist an animal. They had been there when she had no one and they were alike in so many different ways to wolves, including her.

The birds chirped in the canopy of leaves above the four creatures and in the distance the sound of the waves frothing against the shore whispered in the ears of the forest dwellers. Ever’s ears swiveled at the sounds in the woods; crackling twigs, rustling leaves, the current of the wind.

<style type="text/css">
.ever-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7c5035; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ever-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ever-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ever-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#96a9ad; background-image:url(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8413/souls19.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC: --- sorry so short Sad

It was good to know another calm wolf and her offer of hunting was sure to keep him around. He smiled, and looked at Marahute, who normally didn’t take off anywhere without him, but what would she do if he left her somewhere? He worried about that. He wasn’t sure she would be fine.

I would love to but I’d like to put Marahute in the hotel, she’s not old enough to fly yet, and I don’t want to make her an easy meal for any other raptor or predator.

He said, she’d understand, He was basically the little fledgelings father, at least that’s how he felt and he’d worry the whole time he was hunting if she were to stay out here by herself. Besides he knew the Chien hotel wasn’t too far from where they stood now.

If you don’t mind, then I’d be glad to join on a nice fresh hunt.

He smiled, Tobias was still at his meal, Niro would take him away from it when it was time, he’d also remind himself to hide his knife where they would hunt, that way he could save the fur and skin. He was learning leather crafting, and well the best way to get leather was to make it.

[/html]
[html]

Likewise ^-^

Her curious side came bubbling again. You all live in the hotel? The female had seen the hotel before when her father was showing her around the territory. Her eyes were wide with disbelief but narrowed as she examined the small cult of three. She could barely see it was possible for a wild eagle and hawk to be in the hotel. But she respected Niro for it. He wanted his life’s work and loyal companions safe.

Suddenly he also put in that he would be back to hunt. This made her glow and she brushed off the odd thought, nodding and letting him excuse himself and the birds. Ever sat down to wait, licking something hard and round out of her paw.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC: 335(3 Points)

He heard her disbelief in her voice, he chuckled at this, and shook his head.

Just me and Marahute, Tobias lives in the stables. But he shouldn’t be a problem for me to handle during our hunt. He is a really good tracking bird. I’ll keep him near the hotel though. Just in case

He explained, finally picking Tobias up from his meal, he voiced his opinion about Niro before he settled down again, feeling he had enough anyway.

I’ll be right back

He said, hurrying off to the hotel, thinking to himself that he could really put Tobias in his room as well or have Orin take care of him, but the thought of the wild bird in his sister’s room was laughable. He’d just tether the bird on the porch that way he’d have little trouble getting him back. He’d just have to cover his head and work with him on that. Once he got Marahute on her perch, Niro found a good spot that wasn’t in the sun at all and tied Tobias to the banister before heading back. It didn’t take him long at all, they hadn’t been too far away from the hotel. He then took off his belt and hit it in the bushes, knowing he’d need it when they finished the hunt. Then he changed to his wolf form, where he still kept his thick fur and dark black mohawk, although he did know it looked strange in his wolf form. He looked at Ever, his eyes asking her if she wanted to lead the hunt, he normally ran them, but he didn’t mind following, the big hunts took out of him when he found the wolves to hunt with him. He waited, sitting on his haunches, letting his energy pick up, thinking about the hunt did excite him. He loved it. He loved hunting for the pack and making sure everyone was fed. He was excited about making up to Ever that his bird took the rabbit.

[/html]
[html]

She listened to his explanation, attentively, as she should. When he was finished, Niro separated his bird from the prey and claimed he’d be back. As the female watched him go, muzzle tilted upward, she was enveloped with loneliness. It pressed on her lightly, like a leaf which had fallen from a tree onto her shoulder. But it was still there. Sitting back, Ever twitched her tail, trying to remain patient. Finally she heard the familiar rustle of leaves before Niro appeared, already ready in his lupus form.

His eyes sparkled brilliantly with excitement and the female looked into them for a moment, enjoying the pleasurable aura he produced. Even though she was an intensely shy wolf, probably more than healthy, it was rare when the female didn’t look into the eyes of her converser. They spoke their own language, rich with emotion. But she didn’t want to be disturbing with her stare, so the silver girl nodded lightly and dropped her black nose to the ground.

Pointed ears perked, the she wolf sniffed the branches of a bush and the den of a hare Old. She thought bitterly, scrunching her face at the scent. Occasionally her grey gaze would slip back, but always finding Niro on her trail. Together they scoured the area, finding no fragrances to water their maws. Ever stopped abruptly at the edge of a slope that fell dangerously toward the ocean. The salty spray washed over her face before she continued along the edge, her body quivering when one of her paws slipped on the wet grass. Again she stopped; opening her jaws and drinking the smells. Automatically she smelt the male beside her and she looked over, mouth still gaping. A new scent came, was it a doe? But defiantly some kind of hoofed creature coming from the west.

The silver female began thumping back into the woods, legs carrying her over a fallen tree and through a clump of bracken. Aroma getting stronger as they went, the forest thinned suddenly and spit the two wolves out into a tall grass carpeted field. Before them, a little ways into the corner, was a herd of elk grazing silently. Ever stood, amazed. It was a small herd but the biggest group of prey she had seen in a while. Mouth already sweating with saliva, instincts dropped her body into the high grass.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 307 (3 Points)

Niro followed her, finding different scents, but none of which seemed to be to either of their tastes. Niro kept quiet as he followed her at a slow trot through the brush and trees and soon they were out into the large field, he had to use his quietness more now, he was sure to stick out like a sore thumb, he normally did but he was still a good hunter. When she stopped he saw what she was looking at a herd of elk, was she kidding, he looked at her bewildered, they were only two wolves. He looked at her shaking his head.

We don’t have enough to hunt these, they are dangerous, we shouldn’t even try.

He whispered cautiously. He was confident in his skill as a hunter but not THAT confident, they needed four wolves at least and a strategy, even then he knew it would be dangerous and normally caused an injury. He looked onward thinking of what he would do if she did go after them. His heart beat, hoping beyond hope she wouldn’t

There’s young dear further in I assure you, something we can actually take on.

He was new to pack hunting, but he knew quite well how many wolves it took to take what kind of prey... it might have been new to this young wolf, she just seemed rather hungry. Niro was now waiting for her, but he knew he wasn’t going to dive into a whole herd of elk just to try to get one of those massive creatures down. Even if they tried to get an older one, these creatures would protect one another especially when they knew that they had the advantage. Which they would in this case. No way he was going to commit suicide. He had way too much to live for.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

She straightened up hesitantly, slightly embarrassed. The two were still very far away from the elk, so they looked small but listening to the uncertainty in the male's voice, the female assumed they must be much harder to come by for a meal. He looked onward towards the forest on the other side and stated that there could be gentler prey farther in. The silver girl nodded and crouched again, slipping between the tall green grass. Only the scents over the other side of the field guided her, for the grass covered the sky and the view in front of her.

Ever flicker her tail when she felt something crawl rapidly across one of her legs. The meadow was longer than she thought but finally paws scrabbled and slid down a soft slope into the woods. Ever opened her jaws and laughed as she tumbled down the hill and glided straight into a bush. Branches clawed at her pelt and leaves stuck in her ears but she eventuall fought her way out. Using her teeth, the female removed the leaves quickly and turned her colorless gaze to Niro.

Where to, captain? She had come to the conclusion that she wasn’t the best wolf to lead the hunt and thought it better that a more experienced hunter would get the job done right. Swishing her tail playfully, Ever hopped around crunching pine cones and snapping twigs under abnormally large black paws. Energy still surged through her slim body from leaving the elk opportunity. She didn’t mind being the ball of sunshine especially on one of the murky days that seemed to reappear too often. Scrabbling to turn a corner away from a giant cedar, claws sunk into the moist forest floor but were ripped erratically and sent the silver female skidding down another slope and into a large puddle. At that moment, where her beautiful pelt and curled tail were flat and soaked, she decided to calm down.Trotting back up the slope with her tail between her legs, Ever looked up humiliatingly and began licking her fur clean.

<style type="text/css">
.ocean-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6b8f44; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ocean-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:1px;}
.ocean-a01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ocean-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#f0f5f7; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3808/souls24copy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 10px 0px 225px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#7db2cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:438 (3 points) OOC: I’m pretty sure it’ll be short posts from me for now after this ^^;

Niro was very happy she decided against the elk, it made him take a breath of relief as she moved to skirt away from the large prey. He had found his own mouth watering, but he knew better. As they were about to enter the forest he could hear her laugh with joy in the silence of everything as she slid down the hill. He couldn’t help but smile, but he still had his serious mood on. He didn’t mind having fun. But there would be a price. He didn’t care much for his four legged form. He couldn’t do a whole lot with it, not like he could in his luperci form. He couldn’t wait to get the hunting done, yes he loved it, yes it was exhilarating, but he’d much rather be on two of his feet while the two hands occupied. He couldn’t help but try to hide a chuckle when the excited pup slid down a hill, the look on her face, was funny. As she licked herself clean in embarrassment, he sniffed the air, a faint semi old scent then saw that a small herd of deer had come by through here a few hours ago.

I have a scent!

He said, he could smell there were no male deer in the herd, it made it considerably safer, yet still a dangerous task, of course most hunting was a dangerous task. He stalked off, in a hurry to get to where the deer should be as he followed the scent, it seemed they were slow moving so he was sure they would catch up to them in no time. And he was right. There they were, in a light clump of trees, it was safety for them, but for Niro and his companion now. He scanned the small herd. Three full grown females, and there was a very young buck… probably his first year alive, as he only had stubs for horns, but he cared very little how long a meal had lived. Easy prey was all he was after. Because he knew the concern for the does, yet this young buck, he was a fair ways from the small herd.

the young male there. He’s what we’ll be after, I will move over there.

He pointed southwest with his nose.

I need you to get him on his own to where I wait understand?

He asked , hoping she wasn’t too excited to just jump out before he got to his spot. He hurried out, without even a nod, and found a good waiting spot for him to catch the young buck.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

:3

▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

Ever groomed the swamp water from her silver pelt with gentle strokes, keeping her head bowed to her chest to hide her embarrassment. After only a moment’s notice, Niro exclaimed he had caught a scent on the breeze. The female raised her leg to scratch and itch on her shoulder and then looked around before following her companion in the direction he went off to. With a skillful eye, Niro found the herd quicker than the girl thought they would. She noticed a buck standing, swishing his tail in the faint sunlight. Almost as if reading her mind, the male readied himself and asked her to separate him from the herd. Without another word, Niro stalked off into the bushes.

Trying not to take the cold shoulder personally, the silver furred female crouched in the high grass that dotted the forest floor. She waited silently, bright eyes locked on the beautiful buck that grazed, pelt turned to fire in the light. Although it took some time and patience that the young girl lacked, the buck finally wandered far enough away from the herd. Maw stretching over ivory teeth, Ever padded on her abnormally large paws to the opposite end of the deer. She bolted, careful not to startle the herd. The female reached the buck long before the other deer noticed her. She circled the prey with hungry eyes. It watched her, trembling lightly but to inexperienced to know what to do. Once again he attempted to run, but the girl cut off his angle.

A quick glance confirmed Niro had not come from his hiding place yet. She began to breathe desperately, unable to disobey her command and attack. Another breeze carried the quivering buck’s scent straight through the she wolf’s mouth releasing another wave of craving and water to flow down her chin. But still, as told, the young girl waited for the male to appear.

<style type="text/css">
.ocean-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6b8f44; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ocean-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:1px;}
.ocean-a01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ocean-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:353px; background-color:#f0f5f7; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3808/souls24copy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 10px 0px 225px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#7db2cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 319 (3 Points) OOC: 1 more than you doh lol didn't notice till now Wink and yeah I may not have worded what he said right, he's a bit wierd, but he did want her to chase the deer to him. anyways it's all good he needs to learn better communication skills. :3

He could see most of what was happening in his hiding place. He was happy at her patience to get the young deer from his herd, but… it seemed his own words were mis understood… she… instead of chasing him towards Niro… was circling him, preventing the young buck to move. It was an Anatoliy all over again. Niro sighed and decided before the herd got scent of what was happening… and they would soon, he’d have to hurry up and head toward them… it would have been so much easier for her to drive the buck alone to him. But this still worked. He growled a little as he rushed to the deer. His eyes caught Ever’s letting her know that she could do what she could to get the deer down, or even kill it. He in turn jumped a good two feet onto the young buck’s back. The deer started to buck, thrusting it’s head up and out with its invisible, horns, but Niro clung on, a back attack was all good and wonderful, but if she had done what he’d told her… they’d have a rush throat kill right off the bat. But he was sure they’d get the deer down and soon. He bit onto the back of the deer’s neck, not waiting for ever to make her own move and pulled a little, to stumble the buck. He did hope that she knew what to do… but then she was a new hunter, she probably only hunted rabbits… this was bigger, and a bit more harder than a tiny little rabbit that could only bruese. The soul or a body part (their legs could kick pretty hard, he’d noticd on his first live catch).it seemed like forever waiting… but the buck was young, he may not have been running out of steam, but he was confused, and new at this game of life.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the dreadful wait & about the miscommunication but it looks like things might work out anyways ;3

Also, if what I wrote bellow (to spice this up) is not ok with you please let me know and I will edit

WoD: Premorse

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

She could smell him as the male burst through the bushes. Her eyes locked with his for less than a second and she could read him like an open book. It was clear in the depths of his irises she had done something wrong and she mirrored his slight confusion before the spell was broken and he launched himself on the buck’s rump. Sinking his teeth in its neck, Ever observed for a moment before dashing in to nip at the ankles. She had hunted a small doe a few days ago when she had met Heath and shared the prey with her pack member. But this buck was much heavier and had bones still developing into strong limbs. Ever lashed out her paw and let out a satisfied howl as claws met skin and she ripped a noticeably large gash in the deer’s shoulder. It dripped deep red blood immediately and before the silver girl could sink her teeth in the vulnerable area something clipped her back flank and she fell hard onto her side. Lifting her head in shock she could see a stag swinging his head in anger and pawing the ground, his antlers covered in the blood from her leg.

Niro!

Ever yelped as the stag’s muscles rippled and he took off to protect the buck. The doe’s behind him stampeded into the brush and she watched them go with dull eyes. Her leg now became numb with pain as the blood streamed down her stomach. But she stood on unsteady black legs and rammed into the stag, hardly throwing him off balance before she thrust herself into the battle again and connected with the buck’s neck. He threw her off easily and she landed awkwardly on her hurt leg. The stag had recovered his balance and gazed at her with a death glance before going back at Niro. Ever’s leg ached with the pressure and she barked out a warning before limping as fast as she could to help, clamping her jaw on the buck’s leg to drag him done. Hopefully her leg would not allow the battle to end in premorse.

<style type="text/css">
.exotic-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3a6200; letter-spacing:1px; }
.exotic-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.exotic-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.exotic-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1201/souls32.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #00009c; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afbebe; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:409 (3 Points) OOC: It’s fine, it was a pretty young buck, but we can pretend the antlers are grown enough to be a problem.

All the while Niro was on the young bucks back, he felt him hit into Ever, he heard his name, and felt more attacks from Ever. She’d pulled the buck off balance slightly, Niro was having so much trouble keeping on the buck he’d tried to keep the attention of him, but it seemed the deer was smarter than he looked. Ever finally got something that made the deer slip and that gave Niro enough leverage to pull the deer to the ground and grab at his jugular. Niro held tightly, as tight as he could and waited, hoping that Ever wasn’t hurt too bad, because that was what it sounded like would happen. Once the deer was finally dead Niro looked over at Ever who was standing awkward. Niro moved over to her and sniffed, he could see that she’d been hurt. He didn’t know much first aid, he only had leather thongs to tie to his birds legs and maybe a cloth that he’d scavenged back in the old days, that meant a lot to him, but the life of a pack member was more important than a piece of cloth.

Stay here, eat if you must, but don’t move that leg, I’ll be back with my belt as soon as I can.

He said, throwing his leg muscles into use as he dashed back into the woods. He knew his way around the miracles pack now, and he rarely got lost, especially since he’d found himself pretty lost in a big forest not too long ago. He found where he hid the belt, took it in his mouth and ran back, he’d change form when he was there, but first he had to get back, he knew blood loss was a very bad thing. He found her again it hadn’t taken very long.

Stretch out your leg, let me see it I can patch it up for you. It will hurt but it is only thing I can do, I am sure we have a healer in the pack. I’m not one, but I can get you back easy enough.

He didn’t look at the deer to see if she’d eaten. He knew it was either her or the deer that he left behind and he was aiming forbringing her along. He could hunt something another time, if she hadn’t eaten there was dried meat in the hotel. Right now he was focused on her injury.

[/html]
[html]

We might as well wrap this up soon <33

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

The girl stood difficulty as she watched the male take down the buck with one last grip. Dust motes floated in the air when the prey landed heavily in the dirt. Ever sunk down to her good side and began licking her wound. By now it had gone numb with pain but it was bearable. The silver female had a high pain tolerance and she had faced worse than this.

Niro came to her immediately, with a glance at her wound before he barked orders quietly. She nodded and watched longingly as he disappeared in the underbrush. Colorless eyes flickering wearily around the forest for danger, Ever peered over at the dead deer but felt unable to get up and eat. She was not starving.

The wait wasn’t long and the silver furred girl started as the male appeared again beside her. Listening to what he asked, she slowly stretched out her leg as if she had been sleeping for weeks. It was a painful process but the black limb straightened across the grass. It seemed not to long ago that Ayita was patching her other flank. Niro then explained his theory about the Healer. Ever had never met her but her father had and often talked about her work.

I will see to her.

The girl said, uncomfortable at being the center of attention again.

<style type="text/css">
.exotic-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3a6200; letter-spacing:1px; }
.exotic-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.exotic-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.exotic-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1201/souls32.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px double #00009c; padding: 320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afbebe; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]