These City Walls, They Hold no Love for Me
[html]

Element sat in the middle of the city. He'd been there for a few days; three, to be precise. He enjoyed the change in scenery, and the city was certainly a very interesting one. He was next to a large, moss-ridden building, its stone exterior crumbling down. He gazed at the entrance, wondering if there was, perhaps, a way inside. It was a square 'door', the knob covered in ivy. Element wondered if someone lived there, and why no wolves claimed this territory for their own. Ah, but then, he reminded himself, he hadn't seen much prey fit for a wolf; all he had seen was a small lizard and perhaps a mouse or two.

Element gazed at the trees that towered over the crumbling city. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, making the light that streamed down and touched the shattered roads green and clear, like tendrils of vines. Every so often, a bird called in the distance, as if answering an unspoken question.

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Warm sand and relaxing waves... all what the dog needed to rest and restore from his injuries before start the journey back home... The fishing classes with belle were progressing fine in that short period and There were interesting conversations with Yuki, Ever and the recently met "walker"... I mean, luperci, Rurik Russo... Yet, BIOS had much to give at that age, and some kind of "explorer" eager started to flow from within the young canis... In the past day, BIOS walked in the Shattered Coast to explore around and know more about that wonderful place... but in the distance, he did appreciate some estrange buildings raising… So tall and grey as well as impotent they seemed..! BIOS was just so curious to explore such place that, in part, resembled his own home (though it was much smaller… more like a village)… But in that moment he remembered he had something else to do and he decided to turn his way back… but promising himself that he would return to explore that place soon..!

After returning to the cave where Belle was waiting for him, he told her that he would be busy the next day and he would arrive a little bit late to the fishing lessons… and now there he was..! Entering the great rock and iron structure where his neck almost twisted completely in order to let BIOS look everything around..! Just amazing..! They seemed so old… They could not have been built by the lupercis definitely..! They were a trace of these who lived before all of them… the ones he knew as “walkers”, to whom he was so afraid..! Something that initially made the dog doubt about putting a paw inside or not in that place… but afterward he decided to do so…

It also seemed so… calm… lonely to be more precise… No stray dogs, coyotes or other beings were around like in homeland… Well, not for long… after a little while of walking, BIOS could distinguish a dark figure among the ruins and plants in the way… It moved so it was someone… but… it didn’t seem like a canis… oh gosh… it was a feline..! A cat was in BIOS gaze..! Hehe, what a memories..! Of course there were cats in his home, and a LOT of them..! but… more than “persons” in that society, they were more like “toys” for the stray dogs..! All of them enjoyed chasing them, scaring the hell out of them with furious barks and watching them jump like springs and run like rats! Climbing the nearest tree or hiding in the ruins to escape from their stalkers..! Hehe, though it seemed somewhat cruel, it was very funny to the eye..! But of course, that was something that only the brutes from around enjoyed to do, and Moonglare strictly prohibited him to do such things..! Uhmmmm… Very against BIOS manners… but the little devil in his shoulder started to tell him that his mother was not around… so, he could finally try to fell how that “stray-dog sport” felt like..!

BIOS smiled maliciously and started to approach the cat –who was slightly bigger than the ones he knew, but still not a menace for him-, whit all the possible and even impossible discretion possible, for the victim to not turn and discover him approaching… and then… after getting close enough…….

“WOOOF WOOOF WOOOF WOOOF!!!”

BIOS barked hard while jumping toward the cat expecting him to get scared as all the other cats he knew..!

Permission to insult, curse, damn, punch, scratch and/or bite absolutly granted Tongue XDDD

<style>
.bios .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF;}
.bios p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.bios b {color:#59E817; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bios-img {background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _table.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:260px;}
.bios {background-color:#7b7b7b; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style:none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: tahoma; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:398px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto; padding:5px 0px; }
.bios .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
((xD Ah, if only BIOS knew...Element's not like any cat he knows!))

Element closed his eyes and took a deep breath, appreciating the scene and the wonders of this new land, the land of Souls. Although he had lost his love and life here...there was something about it, something that drew him to live here. He lived wherever he liked; he was a wanderer, a roamer. Never in one place too long. He had been in this city for far longer than any other dwelling since his time at Souls; perhaps it was time to move on?

Suddenly, he heard a soft sound, like paws against concrete - only heavier, like a dull thudding. Element pretended to hear nothing, and scented the air; dog. Not wolf, this time, but dog. Large, by the sound of those footfalls. He wondered if its aim was to sneak up on him. Perhaps that would be true of another dog, but this dog clearly didn't know much about cats - if Element didn't smell him, he certainly would have heard him with his large, cupped ears of his.

“WOOOF WOOOF WOOOF WOOOF!!!”

Typical. Element slowly turned to face the dog, eyes level with his own. The dog's eyes were brown with a slightly unfocused look, and he looked a lot more like the stereotypical floppy-eared dog than the pointy-eared, keen wolves he had seen. Still, he was large, and Element had to be on his guard, even if this dog's aim was simply to scare and surprise him. In fact, that seemed to be it - the dog was jumping up and down and baring his teeth in such a manner that Element was sure he didn't mean any actual harm; perhaps he was trying to surprise Element for amusement. Again, how typical. This was more like the dog he had been used to down south, in the America - galumphing dogs like these were common. Element slowly licked his paw and drew it over an ear, wondering if the dog could speak.

"That's interesting," he said. "I haven't heard the wolves around here say 'woof' much. Shall I comply?" he asked, slight wryness in his voice. "Meow."

~Thanks to Daisuke for the absolutely beautiful table~

<style type="text/css">
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Warning: some mature language ahead.... just one bad word actually XD
I expected something like that from what I read in your profile haha XD Show time... Tongue

And the dog expected the big cat to screech while jumping so high to then fall and turn in despair to run away like being chased by a demon..! But... Instead of that... wha...? the cat actually talked..??

"Wha..?? You actually talked..??"

That's what i said... and yes... the young pup was surprised to see that..! Cats in his homeland were helpless small beings that shyly went out of the dens they were forced to live in to scavenge for some food in the road... but that one was different... bright and deep green gaze, elegant posture and movements and, of course, a self confident –not to mention “arrogant”- voice that together only highlighted the fact that the being that BIOS tried to stupidly scare was intelligent… even more than BIOS himself..! Realizing that, the young canis… the “poet” dog… just felt like an idiot and learned one of several lessons in his life: Never listen to the fucking devil in your shoulder..!

BIOS stood with opened snout for a little while… without knowing what to do or say in such embarrassing situation…

“Ah… Errr… I’m Sorry I thought you…”

“You” what..? "you where a silly cat, toy of stray dogs in the city..?" Nice answer BIOS..! BIOS shook his head a little realizing what he was about to say and then recovered the posture as he could..!

“I mean… Sorry… I thought you were ‘Other’…” ñ__ñu

All right… that “Other” could both be completed with “kind of cat” or “person”… Giving to understand that BIOS was confusing the green glanced cat with another known cat… more descent answer, I guess…. Yet, that stupidity feel would be hard to wash away…

<style>
.bios-img {background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _table.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:260px;}
.bios {background-color:#7b7b7b; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style:none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: tahoma; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:398px; text-align:justify; margin:0 auto; padding:5px 0px; }
.bios .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
((Haha! "Never listen to the f***ing devil on your shoulder" -- that's priceless.))

"Wha..?? You actually talked..??"

Element suppressed a sigh as the dog seemed extremely taken aback by the fact that Element was, in fact, as intelligent as himself. Although most of the wolves he came across were quick to apologize for it, Element still felt a small twinge of annoyance that the majority were surprised he could speak a tall, let alone the High Speech. Apparently the dog felt chagrined as well, for he stood with his jaws parted for a moment, then snapped them shut, embarrassed; "Ah… Errr… I’m Sorry I thought you…I mean… Sorry… I thought you were ‘Other’…"

Element watched as the dog shook his head and apologized, and suddenly felt an urge to soothe this dog's awkward stuttering. "That's quite alright," he said, forgiving a canine for thinking him incapable of speech for the umpteenth time. Then again, however, he knew cats that didn't speak the High Speech; rather, the Low Speech, and couldn't communicate with canines. If this dog had met those sorts of cats all his life, it was no wonder he didn't think Element would be able to converse with him. He dipped his head to the dog and looked up again into the brown depths. This canine seemed to be sincere, even friendly - certainly he was, if he was apologizing so much for his mistake. "It's a mistake anyone could make." Element licked his other paw. "I am Element; it's a pleasure to meet you."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Definitely, most beings in this part of the world were simply different from those he lived all his life… BIOS apologies were accepted, still, he felt so weird of talking with someone whose species was seen for long time as… well… as a common “animal”… The cat, who presented himself as Element after evidently repressing some feelings, exchanged some words with the dog introducing himself… BIOS stood quiet for a moment looking at the cat before realizing that he should present himself as well in return to the feline’s courtesy…

“Err… Right, BIOS is my name
for me the pleasure is the same…”

BIOS continued retaking his typical rhyming phrases, but still confused and even doubting about rhyming or not with him… But well, the can remembered that, until that moment, everything around him was surprising for him, from the beauty of the canis he had meet, the clean and attractive the beach and the Cours des Miracles territory was, the lupercis marvels, everyone’s kindness… BIOS finally would think that beings like Element were really common in that place…

“Then… Element… you live in this place..?
Are more cats like you in this pace..?”

The canis asked, first looking at those deep green eyes and then turning his gaze around like trying to uncover hidden secrets that way…

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

"“Err… Right, BIOS is my name,
for me the pleasure is the same…”"

Element cocked his head slightly at this simple yet subtle rhyme. Did this dog know, perhaps, poems? He glanced into the dog's brown eyes, and saw nothing but sincerity and awe at this new place. He glanced at the dog's attire; he seemed to be healing from wounds - where had he come from? What had he been doing? Curiousity piqued Element's interest, and the dog spoke again;

"“Then… Element… you live in this place..?
Are more cats like you in this pace..?”"

There was no mistaking it; BIOS was a rhymer. He considered his options and decided it wouldn't hurt to tell the dog the truth; after all, there wasn't much he could do with the information. "I don't live here," he said. "I'm a roamer." He considered the other question. Other cats...He ignored the pang of pain that came with the question and determinedly refused to think about...her. No pain. Not today...He thought back to Schwarz instead. "Sometimes I come across cats here," he said, "But none I've seen have spoken the High Speech." He then thought about BIOS's affinity for rhyming, and decided that reciting an old favorite of his wouldn't hurt; it would determine whether this pup really enjoyed it or was simply pulling on Element's ear.

Ebony jaws parted to let out an almost musical, smooth voice;

"All that is gold does not glitter,

All those who wander are not lost.

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring.

Reforged shall be blade that was broken,

And the crownless again shall be king."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Neither from there nor in company, the feline was then more special than the canis expected, still, BIOS thought that Element had to come from somewhere where all the cats were like him, and he was about to ask so…

“All right Element, I think I understand…
But your peers somewhere shall…”

“Stand”..? BIOS could not finish when Element started to tell him… wait a minute… That was not simple “telling”… He was reciting..! The cat was reciting fine poetry before the stunned dog..! “But what..?? What this cat CAN’T do..??” the can thought both fascinated and frustrated of knowing that a cat was doing something that so far was BIOS most special feature..! Haha, kind of the feeling that a cooker feels when a rival cooks better than him, but don’t misinterpret me, BIOS was not feeling hatred for Element, it was just, let’s say, that he felt that for the first time since his awakening in the beach his skills would not help him at all (And it was not like they have helped him so much, but unless he was learning to fish thanks to them)..!

But well, aside the little disappointment, it was the beauty of that poem that might have been created by some “walker” long time before the lupercis rise in this world..! The cat created it himself..? or he read it somewhere..? However the true was, BIOS would never suspect as he was hiding a little dark secret of his youth… but I’ll tell you about that later… for now “the crownless again shall be king”, the cat finished reciting…

“Ow… heavens...
Element, my dear friend feline
Those words were just sublime..!”

The dog admired very explicitly waving his tail exited..! If he had (or knew how to use) his own hands in that moment he would be clapping loud..! Congrats Element..! Once BIOS is turned on it’s hard to calm him down..!

“I agree with your fight..! We the injured shall not fall
within us is the might we use to answer homeland call..!

My life came to bane, away from my mother I left
And I’m all to blame, for escaping I ended bereft…

But yet I’m not torn, for that I am still beneath.
The place I was born I will seek while I breath..!”

BIOS, intentionally or not, told through that verse his situation and intentions…He was feeling encouraged, poetry has always been his strength, Moonglare thought him to be that way..! He was not good enough to make a whole dramatization (as her mother could), but he would be in the disposition to make a try in that precise moment..! Though… the questions in his mind returned to his mind along Element’s intriguing gaze to his eyes… The Dog calmed down a little and approached to the cat…

“But…what is that you are fighting for..?
What is what your step wants to afford?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

"“All right Element, I think I understand…
But your peers somewhere shall…”"

The dog trailed off as Element recited his favorite poem, and he seemed entrapped in awe. Element didn't blame the dog; it was a beautiful poem, written by a human long before Element's own time, laced with memories of former battles, won and lost, of good and evil, and things to come after. He closed his eyes afterward, savoring the memory of when he came across that particular poem, a long, long time ago...

The silence was broken by the dog, who seemed to adore it as much as Element. "“Ow… heavens...

Element, my dear friend feline

Those words were just sublime..!”

I agree with your fight..! We the injured shall not fall

within us is the might we use to answer homeland call..!

My life came to bane, away from my mother I left

And I’m all to blame, for escaping I ended bereft…

But yet I’m not torn, for that I am still beneath.

The place I was born I will seek while I breath..!”"

Element was impressed by the canine's beautiful gift for making poems out of thin air. It was obvious he had made it himself; the lines with his mother in it and the blame were personal. He felt touched that this dog may share his gift with Element, who, in turn, cherished and loved poetry and fine works of literature himself. He gave an appraising look to the dog, who seemed to be calming down now and proposed a question.

"“But…what is that you are fighting for..?
What is what your step wants to afford?”"

Element gazed out into the distance. He had so underestimated this dog, thinking that he was simply another silly canine bent on terrorizing his own feline kind and nothing more - instead, he had stumbled upon an appreciative and quite intelligent member of the Canis species, and was grateful for that. He looked into the dog's brown eyes and saw depths - many depths that he may not ever figure out, but instead, be content to simply live with. Depths that hid secrets, and who knows how many? Element himself had secrets, too - a cat always had a secret up his coat. He sighed in contentment and grasped for words in answer to the dog's question, and had to be content with the words he finally offered to the dog.

"I am fighting for life," he said finally. "All creatures are granted the gift of life, and most all creatures fight to keep it and cherish it. Some are stripped of their lives..." He trailed off, thinking of her. He shook the memory from his mind and focused on the dog, the next words so convincing he believed it an astonishing amount. "But everyone must live on and fight on until their time comes. Yes, BIOS, I am fighting for life - for life, freedom, and the goodness and love in the world."

Yes, those were the beautiful and magnificent things he, Element, was fighting for - as cool, subtle, and calm as the feline was, he couldn't help but loving those that were good and true and pure at heart. Those that knew life was worth living, no matter what woes and calamities befell them...Element knew these things, and he cherished them. He was sometimes bitter, but overcame that; he attempted to overcome the pain he had been inflicted with. He, Element, tried to pass on with life as fully and as well as he could - for the sake of goodness, of literature, of poems, of freedom, and of her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
I'm so sorry for making you wait for so long.! :C

Poetry doesn't need rhymes, chorus or even of beautiful complex words to acquire it's essence, all what the poetry needs is conviction on it’s words or acts to make them spread the it’s characterizing consternation… Poetry is not entirely a way of amusement or relaxation, it is a media for other’s hearth… for oneself hearth... BIOS was thought that way, was thought to recognize life’s wonders and advantages that way, and Element, the tabby cat, seemed to reflect that with each word he gave in reply to BIOS last question…

“That was so deep Element,
Your wisdom makes me relent..!”

BIOS implied about Element’s will… It was easy to forget about the good things around you, about the luck that brought you to this moment in one piece… well, about life itself… BIOS felt his courage and eager to find his mother refreshed by having such inspiring conversation with such unexpected being..!

“He… irony… You resemble my mother… I mean, your thought…”

BIOS forged an estrange but yet possible idea in his mind…

“Moonglare is her name… You maybe know of that so sought..?”

Just a remote possibility… they where far away from home, but the Labrador she-dog had lived long… enough to know a lot about the world… even and maybe about that same place they were standing in too… Else, how she could be so wise in a place of brutes? Where she learnt so many histories and fantastic tales? How she could know about the infamous “walkers” that she mentioned several times in his histories? Hehe… Well, BIOS never thought about those questions when he was nearby her, NOW it would be great if he had those answers and more…

<style>
.bios .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF;text-align:center}
</style>[/html]
[html]

((It's alright! Me too. :< ))

“That was so deep Element,

Your wisdom makes me relent..!”

Element dipped his head in thanks. He was beginning to think highly of BIOS as well; this dog was capable of feeling what he felt in the struggle for life, thinking what he thought in the midst of the world. It reminded him that while no one was perfect, including himself, there were some that could possibly understand.

“He… irony… You resemble my mother… I mean, your thought…"

During this time BIOS seemed to be deep in thought, and his eyes lit up so suddenly that Element thought he had realized something wonderful. He spoke once again; “Moonglare is her name… You maybe know of that so sought..?”"

Moonglare...Element assumed this was a canine, and narrowed it down to canines he'd met; he then eliminated the males (BIOS said 'her' and 'mother', after all) and narrowed it down to the female canines. He racked his brain, trying to remember any canine named "Moonglare", but eventually had to shake his head slowly. He glanced at BIOS, who seemed so joyed at the possibility that Element may have met his presumably-gone mother that he felt slightly sad at breaking the news to him.

"I'm sorry, BIOS," he said. "I can't remember ever meeting anyone named Moonglare before."

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table b {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table i {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I'm so sorry for making you wait for so long...... again..!! :CCC

"I'm sorry, BIOS, I can't remember ever meeting anyone named Moonglare before."

The feline answered… the dog felt a little bit disappointed but not for longer than a couple of seconds, anyway, he was not expecting him or anyone to know about her mother or his homeland… and yet, the brief moment of hope spoiled had him crestfallen…

“I see, don’t worry about it
just an odd idea my head lit…”

The dog justified and then sat in the fresh grass to rest a little… It was not worth to keep worrying about the situation when he anyway had no other option but to wait until his wounds were completely healed… But well… now that he was thinking about it… All the people he had met so far were amazed (or at least amused) with his poetry skills, Element seemed to feel the same way, but with the difference that he could recite good poetry as well… Which meant that there had to be a place or an alternate way to learn poetry and there also could be more beings, maybe like Element, that like poetry the same way…

“Uhm, just curious my wise friend…
But where did you learn to recite that way?
I know no other that to poetry tend
just you and mom, could the rest be away?”

The dog asked kind of exited, what if there was a place where everyone appreciated the beauty of life through verse… a place where he could learn more and improve his skills?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hey, BIOS? I was thinking...and Element really doesn't seem like the sort of cat who would fit in with your plot. >.< I'm really, really sorry! But we could do more things with BIOS and Element. Again, I'm sorry!

“I see, don’t worry about it

just an odd idea my head lit…”

Element nodded in understanding but still felt the dog's few seconds of disappointment when he said that he didn't know his mother. He wondered where his mother was now; she obviously wasn't dead, because he asked if Element knew her. Perhaps she lost BIOS, and they were trying to get back together? Element wouldn't go looking for his own mother - she was probably off on her own - but perhaps with dogs, the maternal relationships were different. BIOS's next words jolted him out of his thoughts, however, and turned his train of thinking in a totally new direction, although the questions still floated in his head and itched like a yeuk.

“Uhm, just curious my wise friend…

But where did you learn to recite that way?

I know no other that to poetry tend

just you and mom, could the rest be away?”

Where Element had learned the poems? Ah, that was a different matter all together. He closed his eyes in memories of the tid bits and things that helped him along the way; the gradual ability to read, the small snippets of books. He snapped open his emerald sights and looked at the dog. "From books, BIOS," he said. He wasn't sure whether or not the dog knew how to read, but he went on; "The humans that wrote them are long dead - but I read some bits and pieces of the remains of old books and learned the poems. I know of others, and where some are, but no one person told me those poems."

<style type="text/css">
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Aw don't worry, I think this forum has not the style for the kind of adventure I want anyway... But I'll keep trying something similar... Though... You just gave a reason for Element and BIOS to get along... Smile

"Books..?"

Was the immediate answer to Element's short comment... BIOS looked to the grass for a moment with a confused expression… He was forming several questions in his mind when Element continued talking about the “books” and some thing or being called “human”… yep, the ones that BIOS knew as “walkers”, but not in that vocabulary… As the Cat described these “Books” BIOS thought of lost temples with traps and guards as places to guard these things that would be more like “relics”..! After Element finished BIOS mumbled a little… He was kind of surprised that there were artifacts able to teach others the gift of poetry..! He had to know more about there wonders..!

“Then, ’Books’ you say they are called
These artifacts from which you learned?

How all these wonderful things look like?
Where I can find these tolls for the tyke?”

The dog eagerly asked to the feline…

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yay! Animals loving books~

Element glanced at the now very excited dog. At the mention of books, his eyes had sparkled, and his remaining ear perked up. Element had to suppress a smile. "Books," he said, "look like...small boxes. When you open them, there are hundreds of thin papers. Papers look like flat, square leaves. On the papers are written words - they're like normal words, only you see and read them. I can teach you to read them, if you like," he finished. It wouldn't be hard; in fact, it'd be like when he began to teach Daisuke the Low Speech, he recalled. He had learned to read with ease himself; he imagined that a canine with the intelligence of BIOS would have absolutely no problem learning to read the human markings.

He began to feel a bit excited; perhaps he would be able to show BIOS the various books he had scattered around, knowing each of their places. It wasn't much, and most of them were extremely tattered and worn, but he had begun to try to write things. Things with his claw in the dirt, of course, as he had no materials to make paper or pencils of the sort, but he did start to write. Perhaps one day he could be the author of a book.

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Yay! Big Grin
It's good that most canis are naturally illiterate so others doesn't mock on BIOS ignorance..! XD

Element explained in detail the characteristics and details about books, BIOS stared at the cat as he was thinking about these descriptions… He was amazed of the seeming simplicity of these artifacts that he might have found in some pile of trash in Homeland but never thought of them as such a wonderful things… The cat finally offered the dog the possibility of learning to read the containing of these artifacts through his own teaching…

“Would you really do that..?
but... I have nothing to repay...
I could nitice in our chat
you’ve got all I can display…”
ñ__ñu

The dog told while sitting with that innocent silly face he commonly showed when he felt stupid or unable to do something seemingly simple… However, he was really interested in learning to read these books in order to improve his skills…

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element smiled wryly. Did BIOS really need to repay him? Element himself was simply glad that he found someone like himself, someone who simply and completely adored knowledge and writing and reading and poetry, and was willing to take part in the knowledge that Element shared. He simply shook his head and smiled, a smile broad and genuine, and leaned down in the dirt.

He wrote a simple word - 'tree'. He made a cross in the dirt, followed by a short line with a curve at the end and two half-circles with lines through the middle, like they were broken. Letters. The letters forming 'tree'.

"There are letters that make up words," he said, "And words that stand for things. This is 'tree.' It's made up of the letter 't', the letter 'r' and the letter 'e'." He wrote each of these letters out in the dirt, so that BIOS could see, and said their names while pointing at them. "You can make other words by mixing up letters according to their sounds. The letter 'r' makes a rrr sound. 'T' makes a tih sound, and 'e' can make an eh sound or an ee sound."

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
=P

The dog appreciated the indications of the feline with special attention and interest...

"tih.... rrr... eeeh..."

BIOS repeated silently while Element indicated to him each sound... He understood well the instructions of the cat and nodded to his last words...

"Then these... letters? describe the word 'tree'...
A tree like those in the forest, right...?
Hey! It seems pretty simple as I can see!
That way I'll learn in the speed of light!"
"^__^"

The canis cheered and then an old memory came to his mind...

"Wait a minute... I think I just remember..."

BIOS told Element before bowing and start scratching the soil with his whole paw, making big irregular marks on it...

...__......._.......__..()....
../...).....|..)..../...')./\....
./.--<,...../..../...././...)..
/___/..\_/.\_(__/./__/__

"Mom marked those in the snow last December

When I asked about it she told me that it was my name
'bbb'...'aaaiii'...'ooouuu'...'sss' is their sound the same..?"

The pup asked waving his paw like a good student waiting for a prize...

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
:3 This is fun!

Element looked down. There, marked boldly, was a letter 'B', with 'I', 'O', and 'S' clearly drawn after them. He considered for a moment - he had thought BIOS's name was spelled Baios, but BIOS seemed a more...proper pronunciation. And, after all, BIOS's mother was the one that named him, and if she was as literate as he thought she was, she probably knew better than he did. He nodded.

"Yes," he said. "That's how you spell your name. Your name is made up of the letters 'B', 'I', 'O' and 'S'. There are a full twenty six letters in the alphabet - look." He wiped away 'tree' and began to write the full alphabet - first the upper-case letters, with A, B, C, and so on, and underneath that, the lowercase letters, with a, b, c and so on. When he was done he leaned back and felt a small spark of pride at the clarity with which he wrote the letters and looked back at BIOS.

"These are capital letters," he said. "You name is written in capitals, but most names aren't. Capital letters are used at the beginning of a sentence, and at the beginnings of names. See?" Underneath his makeshift alphabet, he wrote 'Element'. "That's my name, Element. The letter 'e' is capitalized, because it's a name, and the rest aren't capitalized because they don't need to be. If they were, it would look like this -"

And then he erased the 'Element' from the sand and began to write, with large strokes, 'ELEMENT'. The capital letters and the small letters seemed to have things in common, so it wasn't like learning two different languages; the m and the M had the three downward sticks, and the T and the t were upright with a line through the middle. L and l had little differences, and e and E both had the appearance of three sticks pointing to the right.

<style type="text/css">
.elementblu b {font-weight:normal; color:#26c326; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementbluooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementblu p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementblu {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabblu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Great enough for my pup, though I guess we should make this class a little "quicker" =P

The canis was concentrated each symbol the feline marked in the soil as well as the sound they produced, he got a little confused when he noticed that the sound of the “A” and the “a” were the same, but after a while, Element explained the uses for the capitals in the different possible sentences that can be formed. BIOS understood and remembered each word, each symbol and it’s sounds (or unless their names) in the very first try, as I’ve told you in previous moments, BIOS memory was privileged among many others, something that even amazed his mother Moonglare when the pup almost completely learned to speak fluent Spanish with just few conversations and explanations. Some important aspect that allowed him to learn so much in his short life besides his memory was his curiosity, the dog tended to do several questions about anything he was interested in, and normally he would not stop until he was satisfied or there was no other option left. Element was not excluded from that tendency:

“Are capitals only used in these cases and not in other parts”
“Why capitals are used in names?”
“Can capitals be used in other things names?”
“Why are the capital “I” and the capital “l” so similar?”
“Why the letter “i” has a dot atop?”
“Why the capital “I” doesn’t have a dot atop?”

And so on… And It was still pendant to talk about special rules and sounds, like the case of the pain-in-the-ass letter “c” among many others. Unluckily, the day was limited for few questions (in perspective of BIOS), the sun was starting to hide in the far horizon and BIOS knew that the low light would make difficult to continue the lessons, also that it would be dangerous to return to the cave in the Shattered Coast all engulfed in darkness…

“Uhmm…
I’m really afraid… I can’t stay for longer…
Bad… I really enjoy all of your knowledge..!
But… Can I hope to find you here further..?
Or… Maybe I can share with you my ledge?”

BIOS asked a little bowed, he really wanted to continue learning to read (and hopefully write) along the cat. It would be great for him if he could continue some other day…

<style>
</style>[/html]