Spectral's Destination.
[[ I hope this is good.. >.< ]]

OOC Name: Harley
Preferred method of contact: Msn. (hazzaguy@hotmail.com)
Character Name: Spectral. (No last name as of yet.)
Character Age: 3.
Character Gender: Male.
Desired Profession Path, if any: Scouting, Hunting, Crafting.
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci Ortus.
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Top 50 Wolf RPG's.
If joining OOCly, a link to three examples of RP. If joining ICly, your IC post.

Spectral trudged over the hills, watching the large animals grazing in the fenced off feils before him. He began to step forward when a rock crumbled beneath him, his face in a sneer of pain. Upon becoming to rest at the bottom, he got up and shook himself off. "Great. Just what I needed when I'm facing a herd of cows.." he mumbled, his mind racing over all the ways tis would impair his travels. He then began to morph to Optime, his calves shortening and his body cracking with the arrangement of the new joints. As he stood, he looked at his left hand, it's fur matted with blood. As he ran forward, he vaulted the wire fence in front of him and ran past the elk like creatures on either side of him.

Hmm.. I wonder if this is it.. Spectral thought, remembering the wire fence keeping these Wapiti in.

As Spectral ran forward, lost in a world of ideas about finding the inhabited lands, he smelt the distinct scent of another wolf, a millisecond before feeling the wire fence being slammed into his chest. With a sickening snap and a loud yelp of pain, Spectral felt something breaking within his chest and began to wheeze violently, meanwhile trying to claw his way under the fence.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.outside { border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... r_crow.jpg);background-position:top;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:400px;background-color:#e7eeda;text-align:justify;font-family:arial;font-size:1em; line-height:1.4em;color:#000000; margin: 0 auto }
.content{ padding:250px 10px 10px 10px;}
.content p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.content b {color:#79a551;font-family:georgia;}
.ooc {font-style:italic; }
.separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

It looked fine to me. :]

With her sister all but a stranger now, the only person that Aurèle saw often was her son. Yet he too was growing apart from her, instinctively sensing that something was wrong. He kept himself busy and only came around when there was a need. So for what felt like weeks now Aurèle had been trudging through the motions of life and picking up on habits she otherwise would not have done. One of these was following the borders for hours, a mindless task that kept her from otherwise being stagnant.

And sometimes, as it seemed, from being bored. She was about halfway through her rounds when a loud yelp broke the serenity of the afternoon, and with it came the smell of another wolf—followed shortly by screeching metal. Raising her tail and bursting into a run, the tall female found the source of the disturbance. “Stop moving,” she barked. A few feet separated the two, for even though the idiot was caught in the wire, she did not doubt he might injure himself or her trying to get out. Above the crow wheeled low, and without thinking, the pale woman looked up to him. “Go find Dawali,” she ordered, and without a sound the bird was off.

[/html]
[[ Thanks! ^^ Tell me if my posts are bad quality or too short in a pm. I'll fix them up. Big Grin ]]

Spectral would have laughed if he hadn't been injured, I'm supposed to keep going like this? he thought, after hearing the she-wolf's command. Looking around, Spectral could see the Waipiti looking at him in interest, his yelp distracting them from their grazing. He also caught a glimpse of a dark raven-it's midnight wings slicing through the grey cloud covered sky.

Slowly, Spectral's wheezing calmed to slow heavy breaths and he was left with a sharp pain in his chest in an area marked with a deep gash from the wire. Suddenly he remembered his manners and tried to prop himself in what he thought was a respectful position-on his knees, his head bowed and tail tucked between his legs and a hand covering the cut on his torso.
.outside { border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... r_crow.jpg);background-position:top;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:400px;background-color:#e7eeda;text-align:justify;font-family:arial;font-size:1em; line-height:1.4em;color:#000000; margin: 0 auto }
.separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Because this is a joining thread, I have no problem with you posting the length you are now. Two-paragraphs is what we expect, which you are reaching. It all depends on your style, but I would suggest trying to shoot for a 200-word count post. Maybe describe the scene some more, since right now I have no idea what time of day it is, what the weather is like, ect. We'll go a few more rounds before we get a leader in here. :]

As she turned back, the male did something she did not expect—he moved to a subordinate position. For a moment Aurèle was taken aback. If se had been wounded there was no way in hell she would be playing nice. More likely, she would have been a tornado of fury, angry at whoever was responsible for her grievous injury. Luckily, she was not this man. Had he been anything less then polite she might have left him hanging to the wire and never said a thing.

“Oh relax,” she said. Her body was moving again, but this time it was changing, shifting and growing larger then the all ready large size of an arctic wolf. A mass of thick, straight hair tumbled around her face, and she grunted in annoyance. For the time being she would suffer having the stuff getting in her face. It took her five steps to close the gap between them, and as she did one hand moved to push away his. Though she was no medic, she had seen wounds many times and could at least assess the damage. “What’s your name?” She asked suddenly, sparing him a glance.

[/html]
[[ 200 words done Big Grin Sorry it took so long >.< ]]

"Spectral." he said simply and shivered slightly as he felt the chill in his fresh wounds, which had stopped bleeding. Looking around once again, Spectral saw the dusk sky, filled with dark clouds, the grassy ridge to his left, and the dense woods behind him. Suddenly he gasped in pain as he moved his hand too quick and grimaced at the pain in his chest.

Shaking his head, Spectral nearly laughed at the state he was in. If it hadn't been for his damned day dreaming, he wouldn't be in this state. But he may have not stopped at the border, which he assumed would have lead to something other than hospitality.

Slowly, Spectral flexed his hand, examined the cuts and wondered if they would scar.

Suddenly Spectral thought of something he had never once considered. What if they didn't accept him? He would have to leave and find some other place to live amongst humanoid wolves. This thought made him shudder. If he had travelled all the way here to be turned back..

Without warning, Spectral realised he knew nothing of the she-wolf who was examining his wounds. "And what may your name be, my saviour?" he asked with a tone that was casual and joking, but was underlayed with great respect.

Again, don't think of 200 words as a minimum or anything, but it does help flesh things out for both you and the other player. If you would be interested in more help/advice as far as writing, we do have a Mentorship Program you can check out. Marit, who is in charge of AniWaya, is one of the people who runs that so you can talk to her once she jumps in here, or through PM if you are interested. :]

Well, the guy hadn’t gone and messed himself up that bad. His wounds were not deep, for which she was relieved. The last thing Aurèle wanted to deal with was any sort of medical issues. She was far from an experienced healer. Her path was not that, but instead a path of blood in which she slaughtered prey and rejoiced in that thrill. The hunt had always called her, and it always would.

“Aurèle,” she answered. With that she shifted her weight and stood up. Spectral, as it turned out, wasn’t that hurt and didn’t seem to be as stupid as she had original guessed (considering that he had gotten himself all tangled up in barbed wire). He was young, but older then her son, and certainly looked a bit peculiar with the green fur. Still, given how most of the inhabitants of AniWaya dressed, this was not all that shocking. “If you can hold off bleeding to death, Dawali should be here soon.” It was not her place to rattle strangers, and her leader had more finesse then the bite his hunter did.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Heys! Sent you a PM, Harley Smile And welcome, too! Mel; I hope this behavior of the crow is fine, if not I'll edit it Smile

He was used to the sounds of nature, and in particular the sounds of a bird's wing around his had. Looking up, Dawali expected to see the form of Gvihita, his own eagle guide, but instead there was a different bird. At first, for a split second, he thought nothing of it; it was just a crow. But the crow lingered, and as it did so, details poured into his brain. It said nothing, but wasn't Auréle accompanied by such a crow? Dawali was familiar with most of his tribesmembers' spirit guides, but some of them rarely drew attention to himself. Fairly certain, now, that this was indeed Auréle's crow guide, the red wolf rose and dropped his tools on the ground. He did not mind leaving them; he was certain that no one would dare interfere with the Chief's belongings. As he took a few steps in the direction the crow had come, it took off and stayed in front of him, guiding him towards the intended location. Curiously, and every so often glancing upwards at the silent bird, the Chief followed.

It did not take him long to reach the borders, having placed his hut quite strategically for that purpose. Long before he could see them, the Chief recognized the scent of the female hunter, and a stranger, male. Some minutes later he broke through the vegetation and spotted them with ease along the wired fences that surrounded their land. Approaching them in large strides, the feathers in his mane fluttered as the air passed by him, and his hand was held high in greeting. "Auréle, what is this?" He was not unfriendly, and acknowledged the stranger with a nod and a small smile, but his focus was on the female as he waited for her to explain. He donned a dominating stance, as usual, and the strength of his voice made little room for misunderstanding; he was the authority around here.

[/html]

Sorry about that << Please skip me for the rest of this thread.

The white woman turned at her approaching leader’s footfalls, dropping her head momentarily before turning to the issue at hand. “This fellow is Spectral. He ran into our fence,” she added, motioning to the cuts on the dark wolf’s body. He had not damaged himself much, but it was still something worth being looked at. “I figured you might be best suited for dealing with him.”

Her wording, as always, was without sympathy and without the warmth her sister so often displayed. The crow wheeled low and landed on her shoulder, where she found his weight comforting. Though she did not move back, it was clear from her demeanor that the issue was now out of her hands.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Dawali nodded as Auréle explained. "I see." He turned to look at Spectral, quickly determining that the wounds he'd suffered from the fence were mostly superficial, needing no immediate attention from him or his herbs. That was promising news; it wouldn't have been the first time someone's wounded themselves properly on such a fence. He'd come across them many times before in many places, and sometimes he had seen carcasses or piles of bones from animals that got themselves stuck in them and died there. Luckily, this happened only rarily along their own fence. "I suppose you came here in search of a home, Spectral. Tell me, do you have any skills we could benefit from?" Apart from getting stuck in fences he thought, humored, though he did not say that out loud. If Spectral sought them because he needed a new family, the last thing Dawali wanted was to scold him at their first meeting.

[/html]
[html]

Hope this isn't too short. I coudln't think of any way to extend it without Spectral doing something strange. Also, is this table good?

The darker wolf looked proud at the question. "I have a decent knowledge of botany, specializing in pain relief and hallucinogenic herbs." he stated, lowering his voice at 'hallucinogenic herbs'. He continued on, mentioning the only other things that came to mind, "I also have a knack for memorizing layouts of land and have limited skill in crafting weapons and tools out of wood and stone.". As if to demonstrate this, he picked a flexible twig out of the fur on his side and with dexterous fingers, shaped it into a miniature version of what could easily be used as a basic snare for a rabbit or other small animal. He tapped one side of it and it contracted within itself, wrapping around his finger lightly.

<style type="text/css">
.spec1 b {font-style:italic; color:#1FCB4A; letter-spacing:1px; }
.spec1 .ooc {color:#DC143C; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.spec1 p {font-weight:bold; text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#3923D6}
.spec1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image: url("http://i38.tinypic.com/2a648i9.jpg"); background-position: 50% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
</style>

Hai! No problem Smile The table looks good, but maybe it's an idea to keep the regular text non-bold, and the speech bold? I edited your code and posted it below this IC post, try that and see if you like it! :3

The Chief maintained his positive demeanor, and was not disappointed when Spectral revealed his talents. Dawali nodded, pleased, but said nothing as to not interrupt him. He very nearly chuckled, though, at his emphasis on "pain relief and hallucinogenic herbs", knowing of a few others that shared that very same... interest. But certainly, he would not judge the younger male, and managed not to let his amusement show, or so he thought. Perhaps a twinkle of the eye escaped him. It dissipated completely and gave way for Dawali's normal state of mind as Spectral explained further, and finally, once he was certain the newcomer had finished speaking, he gave a smile and replied. "Either one of those skills could grant you a place in our family, and you seem polite enough. Welcome, then. The Village is further onward, in the middle of our lands. I'm headed that way, if you care to join me." He glanced at Auréle, as if asking if she were heading back as well. A party of three could easily be quite jolly.

[/html]

Code:
[dohtml]
<div class="spec1">
<p class="ooc">Hope this isn't too short. I coudln't think of any way to extend it without Spectral doing something strange. Also, is this table good?</p>

<p>The darker wolf looked proud at the question. <b>"I have a decent knowledge of botany, specializing in pain relief and hallucinogenic herbs."</b> he stated, lowering his voice at 'hallucinogenic herbs'. He continued on, mentioning the only other things that came to mind, <b>"I also have a knack for memorizing layouts of land and have limited skill in crafting weapons and tools out of wood and stone."</b>. As if to demonstrate this, he picked a flexible twig out of the fur on his side and with dexterous fingers, shaped it into a miniature version of what could easily be used as a basic snare for a rabbit or other small animal. He tapped one side of it and it contracted within itself, wrapping around his finger lightly.</p></div>
<style type="text/css">
.spec1 b {font-style:italic; color:#1FCB4A; letter-spacing:1px; }
.spec1 .ooc {color:#DC143C; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.spec1 p {font-weight:normal; text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#3923D6}
.spec1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image: url("http://i38.tinypic.com/2a648i9.jpg"); background-position: 50% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/dohtml]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.