Just that Naive
[html]

WC:601 (5 Points) OOC: Hope you don't mind I predated, if you do pls tell me ^^; and yeah i have problems making topic names Tongue

It was a great day today, life was bustling as usual and Niro checked on his traps which were as empty as the day before. It was ok with him. Once he’d checked the large wooden cage he went to get Tobias. Him and Marahute were having trouble being kind to one another, fighting for Niro’s attention, Niro was making little progress making them be nice to each other, but they did tolerate one another. Niro would never leave eather bird alone for even a second. Marahute was feeling restless at the moment and she wanted to move around. Niro know Tobias wanted to fly some himself. He found his way to the cliffs where he’d first seen the nest that he’d gotten Marahute from. This wasn’t a good place to let Tobias fly, but the whole area for two miles around maybe even more was the eagles territory. The little hawk was a quick one and was smart enough to know when danger came. A thing that poor Marahute may never learn. He was by the shore when he lifted his arm letting Tobias take flight.

Marahute screeched in admiration and flapped her wings wildly, Niro petted her into a calm whispering at her. Telling her that she’ll be able to fly like that, if not better in no time. She hadn’t gotten her fully grown feathers yet… well her grown up feathers were a good year or two from now, but she had her fledgling feathers in which were just as good as any adult feather, just slightly more colorful with a dark brown and white littering her body. Her golden eyes stared at Niro as he watched Tobias as he caught the wind flying over the ocean, as though he was made for it, well in a way he was, he’d been around for a few years himself. It was always something to watched a creature just moving in its own fluid motions. Niro smiled, he did not teach this bird how to fly but he was still proud in many ways, he whistled a few times and the hawk dived down at the signal. Niro made a long whistle where Tobias started soaring at a height that meant look for prey. Then Niro whistled three times which for the bird it meant he was to spot prey but not go for it. Niro watched the bird, it moved from the ocean to the open land, where it hovered for a second, but didn’t make it’s own signal he’d taugh him. Tobias made a sudden dive and Niro made a sigh. He found something and was probably eating it now. Niro rolled his eyes and moved to the bird who was feasting on one of the many rodents that littered the area.

Tobias…

He said exasperated. Knowing the hawk wouldn’t care what Niro was saying at the moment, Niro made a few shrill whistles and the hawk threw his head up looking at Niro with no remorse.

You broke the rules little one.

Niro said, pulling his leather gloves, getting ready for a good pecking, He hated it but he was still teaching the bird what he was suppose to do. He pulled the bird up by his feet, holding onto the leather that was tied lightly to the birds food. Tobias made plenty of noise at the disgrace and flapped his wings pecking at Niro’s hand. Marahute was sitting on Niro’s sholder the whole time being as still as she could. Niro knew she was just taking in the punishment in, and silently laughing at the hawk.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I don't mind at all :3 300+

It was a beautiful day, the perfect sort of day to go on a long, leisurely ride. When he was busy, or the weather was bad, the rides he went on with Drogon around the borders were usually quick and to the point. Just long enough to make sure that nothing in the territory was amiss. On days such as this though, the both of them exulted in taking their time and admiring the territory's beauty. Sometimes even if they happened upon a remote, grassy plain Haven would take a snooze under the sun while Drogon had a little snack. As the Knight walked into the stables that day the mustang pranced eagerly in his stall and when Haven opened the door he ran around like a foal. The hybrid couldn't help but laugh heartily. "Yes, yes, we're going on a nice long ride today. I'm excited too." The stallion stood still just long enough for his bridle and reins to be put on and for Haven to mount up and then they were off in a flash.

The pair galloped for a nice long while, Drogon needing to release some of his pent up energy. Haven always loved when the horse didn't hold anything back. It felt like he was flying, except it was almost even more exhilarating than that. The feeling of the majestic and powerful beast propelling him forward was unlike anything else. They had come a long way from when Drogon had sneaked an apple out of Haven's hand back in the Shiloh Hills. When they rode like this, it was as if they were really one creature, moving across the land at the speed of the wind. There was no other time that the Aatte felt more free.

As the horse and rider came upon the craggy coastline they slowed down to a walk, listening as the waves crashed violently against the rock wall below. Haven took in a deep breath of the sea air, patting the dark mustang's strong neck. "You're a magnificent beast, you know that?" Drogon turned his head back, black eyes smiling. Haven grinned and ruffled his mane. The peaceful air was interrupted by a shrill screeching noise and bi-colored ears turned back against his head. The Knight looked around for the source of the disturbance and found a hawk flapping against the gloved hand of a luperci. Quite curious Haven rode over to the other, eying the protesting bird and then the silent one on the male's shoulder. "Uh, having some troubles?" He had no idea what was going on or what was trying to be accomplished.

<style type="text/css">
.havenhorsesunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#D4983A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.havenhorsesunset-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.havenhorsesunset p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havenhorsesunset {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#3B0807; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... sunset.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #994217; padding: 112px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#8F3815; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 395 (3 Points)

Jumping at the sound of the male Niro turned around, still holding onto Tobias’ bells, and saw it was a wolf he’d never really met, but had seen on occasions, he smiled, and bent to pick up the rabbit, which was not entirely ravaged by the bird. He’d give Tobias the rabbit later… after he skinned it, the bird was thinking otherwise, still shreaking with indignity especially right next to a fledgling he flapped his wings harder, but Niro knew better to let the bird go if he wasn’t ready for a storm of pecking attacks. He’d pulled the rabbit through his belt behind him, which was the only type of clothing the wolf ever wore.

No no, just… differences issues. I’m sorry if I bothered you, today’s training seems to be a little… well tougher than usual.

He said knowing perfectly well that he must look horrifically odd laden with birds, and one of them rather ticked at him at the moment. Tobias would calm down now that the rabbit was out of sight. Marahute shouldered around to stare at Haven, her great big golden eyes boring into the wolf, then looked at the dark horse behind him. Then her head drooped and she opened her mouth. A sign Niro knew as, a warning to the horse. She’d been close to a few of them but she wasn’t ready to get too close again. Both of his birds seemed to be on edge today.

Usually… they both are better behaved.

Niro said, pulling out a leather, what looked like a tiny hat and tossed it over Tobias, it was one new thing Niro learned to make. And it worked wonders… if he was able to get it on the angry birds head quick enough. This time he’d gotten it the first time, and the small hawk’s fight seemed to roll away from him, and he stood stock still within minutes.

Ah much better, my apologies again, I don’t think we’ve really met before, I’m Niro Takekuro.

Niro said, his full attention finally on the wolf standing before him. It seemed that this was a horse lover too, he’d normally would offer his hand to shake, but seeing as Marahute was on edge about the dark horse he just gave a warm smile to Haven.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

The other male seemed surprised to have an audience to his difficulties and Haven couldn't help but to stare at the whole situation playing out before his eyes. Drogon seemed just as curious, his tail flicking and ears swiveling to catch the various noises. A smile was soon given though and the wolf with the birds bent down to pick up a partially eaten rabbit on the ground. The Knight knew he'd seen this guy at some of the pack gatherings, but they'd never been properly introduced. At the mention of training, Haven's ears perked up. He was doing some kind of training with these birds? How interesting. "Oh, no, you didn't bother us per se. Couldn't help but to investigate such a ruckus though. What uh, kind of training is this?" Haven trained with swords and hand-to-hand combat, and he had trained with Drogon when he had first brought him to Cour des Miracles, but he'd never heard of anyone training with raptors.

The silent, smaller avian on the other's shoulder looked at him intensely, and then her gaze shifted to Drogon and she opened her mouth in an odd manner. It looked quite amusing to Haven and he couldn't help the soft chuckle that came up his throat. Birds were creatures he didn't have much experience with and this was the first time he'd ever seen predatory birds close up. Something was said about the bird's behavior as he looked at them and soon some strange cap was placed on the head of the one that was still fighting and it quickly quieted and calmed down. It was time for introductions and Haven quickly shook himself out of his haze of interest. "I don't believe we have. I'm Haven Aatte, it's nice to finally meet you Niro," he said, broad smile lighting his features. "And this big galoot here is Drogon." The mustang snorted and tossed his head.

<style type="text/css">
.havenhorsesunset-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.havenhorsesunset {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#3B0807; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... sunset.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #994217; padding: 112px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#8F3815; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 324(3 Points)

Niro knew he looked rather silly laden with the birds, and well with the antics they were causing him he’d have laughed too, so he didn’t feel offended when a slight chuckle came from the other wolf. At least now Niro had one bird calmed down, the other he didn’t have to hood at all. She would calm down quick enough. Niro was glad the other wolf seemed to find it amusing more than anything else.

Doing some hunting training with Tobias here. It’s not as easy as I thought, we have been making some progress but he’s not really going for the whole teamwork thing.

Niro explained. He shouldered the bird who now seemed as though he never made a fuss, and turned his attention on Marahute. He pulled her on his gloved hand and reassured her that they were friends. He looked over at the horse and could see why he was a threat to her. The horse was a rather big horse, his black fur also seemed rather intimidating, Niro couldn’t help but feel for the young fledgling.

And this is Marahute, she’s a little nervous, she’ll be fine though. She thinks your horse might bite her or something.

Niro smiled at his slight joke, although it was quite true. He understood his birds’ body language quite well, and was always aware of how both of them felt, he didn’t like unnecessary stress, unfortunately Tobias had given him plenty of that as of late.

It really is a pleasure to meet you.

He said holding his free gloved hand out to shake the other’s hand. He’d heard of Haven from a conversation here and there, but to meet someone in person was always more of a blessing than hearing about the person. He knew there were still a few wolves that he’d yet to meet that lived here longer than he had. He was sure he’d meet all of them eventually.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Haven was thankful that Niro didn't take his chuckle as offense, for it wasn't meant as such at all. He wasn't laughing at the other male, just the funny image the whole situation presented. It was unlike anything his jades had beheld before. The answer he received to his question about training was not what he expected and he was instantly very interested to learn more about what it was that Niro was hoping to accomplish. "Hunting with a hawk? I've never heard of such a thing before. Would you mind explaining how it's ideally supposed to work?" From the way he asked it was quite clear that he found the prospect fascinating. The Knight wasn't much of a hunter. Proficient enough to keep himself and Princess fed, but no particular skill beyond that. He had set his sights on other practices during his life.

The position of the two raptors were exchanged, the now calmed one moved to Niro's shoulder as he took the younger one on his gloved hand. It was obvious that one was much younger than the other and he wondered how he had come to obtain the both of them. It certainly had to be harder than getting a horse; horses couldn't fly away from you. "Ah, I see. I bet he can look pretty intimidating to her. He's a big softie though. You'd have to do something pretty drastic to make him mad." Drogon would get play-mad at times, biting at Haven, but he was the only one the mustang did that too unless he was actually and honestly agitated. "How did you come to have them? It probably has to be quite the process, to catch one." It could be hard to catch a prey bird, much less something that could fight back.

Haven took the proffered hand a shook it, their introduction officially complete. "It's too bad we haven't gotten introduced earlier. I'm afraid I get into my routines and hardly ever bother to break them." He liked the consistency of his life in Cour des Miracles, but sometimes he did miss out on meeting the newer members face-to-face.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 467 (3 points) OOC: AHAHAHHA… yeah Niro’s obsessed Wink

He smiled, this was yet another reaction he’d gotten from … well all the wolves he met since getting Marahute’s egg, and keeping it at his side at all times. He was use to the answer by now, and he didn’t mind explaining. He was even learning more from the actual experience himself. He knew there were endless possibilities for these birds.

Well I found out about it from a book actually. They had birds hunt small prey for them. I don’t need them to do that for me, I am a rather good hunter. I find it intriguing that they were used that way, but I learned they can help spot prey from further away than our noses can, and it brings us to our prey quicker. I teach them different types of whistles, and such, and they are suppose to perform that task, Tobias was suppose to circle around where the rabbit was, unfortunately, his instincts got the better of him. It wouldn’t do if the bird had gone for a deer like he did the rabbit.

Niro explained, he took breaths in between but just talking about them exhilarated him. He loved the hunt and he loved the birds, they were his life now, just like Cour des Miracles, in which took him in when his sister brought them here.
As for how I acquired them, well Tobias was caught in a trap I made, it’s a live bait trap, so unless I don’t check on it for days he’s still fed, it was rather hard to get him into a normal cage though he fought like a devil getthim him to the stables.

He then petted Marahute’s head a little, a father like smile on his face,

I acquired Marahute… well not too far from here, see that cliff?

He pointed in the direction of the golden eagle’s nests.

There was a nest of eagles, three eggs!

He said the last part with quite some enthusiasm because he knew it was rare for a golden eagle to have that many eggs, normally there were two and one tended to die no matter what, and if there were three… two died, it was the way the golden eagles hierarchy went.

Heath helped me shimmy down and take Marahute’s egg. She was quite a dangerous catch, but I’m glad she’s with me.

He said shamelessly, he would have been appauled by himself for nest stealing, but then again, he didn’t seem too upset that the other wolves had horses and trained them so he didn’t know how he would feel if he knew so little about birds. The thought came to him, he did wonder what Haven did when he mentioned his work and Niro tilted his head slightly.

What is it you do here?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's cute! Big Grin 300+

The explanation he received was very succinct and well-rehearsed. It appeared that he wasn't the first person that Niro had had to explain the practice to. It was quite interesting though. The idea of trying to use the bird of prey to help their own hunting would have never occurred to him. The creatures that took to the sky always seemed unreachable to him. Things that could never be tamed or convinced to work with the lowly beasts stuck on the ground. Vaguely he remembered the bluebird that had given his mother companionship for a while in his youth, but that had been fleeting. The fact that Niro had both the raptors and was to some extent successfully training them was an awing feat. "That's pretty smart, I never would have imagined anything like that could be done. They must be much harder to train than a horse is." At that comment Drogon snorted, his ears flicked back and his tail swished agitatedly. Haven quickly ran a soothing hand down the stallions neck. "That was meant as no offense to you." Times like these, the man wasn't so sure the horse couldn't understand his words.

Haven had guessed that the birds must have been captured in some sort of trap, and his packmate confirmed that at least for the larger bird. The thought of the hawk fighting against being caged nearly made him wince; that surely hadn't been a very pleasant process for anyone. The way Niro had gotten the other one though was a bit more interesting. His jade eyes followed as the cliff where the nest was was pointed out to him. Going down that precipace to snatch an egg would be dangerous without a doubt. Niro could have easily fell to his doom if anything had gone wrong. "That's quite interesting, on both counts. So how did you care for the egg? Was it difficult?" Haven wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do with an egg to make sure that it hatched and was healthy. Certainly the mohawked male had done his research though. If the humans had done similar things there would be information on it in their books.

For all the questions he had been asking, now they were turned on him. Haven, like Niro, couldn't help but be a bit prideful for his job that he had taken up in the name of the pack. "I'm the pack's Knight, so I make sure that everyone is kept safe. I patrol the borders everyday at least once a day, and then I do a lot of training with my sword. Thankfully there haven't been many incidents, but I need to be ready whenever there is one." The Aatte didn't go out looking for fights, but if he wasn't capable then the pack and its members would be vulnerable.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:372 (3 Points)

Niro smiled, the wolf seemed just as surprised at the explaination as everyone, and what he liked about this pack was he was open minded to the idea.

I don’t know I always thought it would be hard to train an herbivore. With a predator like the raptors, you know what they feel. But I guess one thing’s easier for another.

He said happily, he didn’t want to short change any horse trainer because he knew it took a lot of work and plenty of practice to do both things. He wasn’t about to let his ego too far or karma would bite him in the tail. He could tell the horse didn’t seem to care for the golden wolf’s comment, he couldn’t help but try to hide a laugh at that. He decided he wanted to be this wolf’s friend more. He was sure he could get along with him just as he got along with Heath.

The egg, yeah it was difficult, I had to keep it warm, I had a pouch made for it, and kept it close to my fur, my body warmed it enough, thank goodness. I had been hoping the whole time the idea wouldn’t kill the poor thing. But it was trying to be careful and not do something careless that was really a challenge.

He said remembering a few instances where he’d almost forgot about the egg but remembered just in time, worrying about it until he felt it move around as Marahute was getting ready to hatch.

Oh, that must be a terribly hard job, even if there is peace. I know how it’s like trying to protect someone… it must be hard to do it for many someones.

Niro said after the wolf explained his job. He looked to see the sword Haven carried with him. He wasn’t a swordsman himself, and he doubted he wanted to learn, although Anann had taught him some basic self defenses.

I know Anann was a swordsman, but I didn’t know there would be more.

He said, but after he said it he berated himself, of course there would be more there always was, just like he probably wasn’t the first wolf to train a raptor.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

There was a logic to Niro's response that he hadn't considered. It could very well be easier than he had thought to guess what would motivate the birds to work with you. "That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Horses aren't so dissimilar from us either though. I don't think it's quite as organized or strict as our own pack system, but in their herds they have their pecking orders worked out. The trick is making sure that they know that you aren't going to let them push you around." After that had been established between him and Drogon the rest had gone pretty smoothly. A mutual respect and affection had grown between them and now Haven knew that there was little that they couldn't accomplish together. He really didn't even need to give the mustang directions anymore, Drogon seemed to be able to feel what it was that was desired.

Haven was having a very good time talking to Niro and learning about his interest in the raptors. It was interesting learning about how animals other than horses could be trained to help them. He could see how much the paler wolf cared for his charges, especially the little eaglet. It was good to see such a connection, as it ensured that it was a mutual relationship. That was the problem with a lot of humans, from what he had heard. They had used and mistreated animals without respecting and caring for them. Haven would make sure no such thing happened within the Cours lands. "That was a smart idea, with the pouch. I'm sure it must have been pretty nerve-wracking though, worrying over it. What did you feed her, when she hatched?" Did they go straight to eating meat? He was relatively certain that birds didn't have milk for their young.

The Knight shrugged his shoulders. "It can be difficult, yes. Especially when you see someone you care about hurt. It's a job that needs to be done though. I've always had a bit of a protective streak in me, so I think that that helps. It is intimidating though, knowing that failure is not an option." He had nearly completely failed Firefly. He had gotten her to help in time, but she had lost her pups and those responsible still needed to answer for what they had done. Haven did his best not to dwell on it over much though. "Yes, I've met Anann. We're actually planning to spar together soon. We would have earlier, but I had been injured when we first met and wasn't in training condition." Those wounds were now scars though, and he had been slowly working himself back into his prior shape.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:393 OOC:

Niro was enjoying listening to the differences and similarities wolves had with horses, and was proud of himself that he was probably one of the few wolve’s that thought of training a bird. He doubted he was the only one though, he wasn’t a genius he knew that, and he was sure other’s had found a book or thought about it when looking at the birds and watched as they hunted. Niro was sure that’s how the humans did it, at least that’s how he thought they did.

With the birds a trust has to be brought in, and you have to prove to the that you are worth their time pretty much.

He said, he was sure he didn’t have to mention the whole, leader thing, even though most raptors hunted and stayed alone, so they had little social interactions unless they were mating. He smiled, it was hard to imagine a bird eating unless you have seen it in action. One would have thought they’d drink milk just like pups, but they didn’t

They eat regurgitated meat, but I just made the meat pretty mushy before I gave it to her.

He said. He couldn’t imagine himself throwing his food back up just for the bird, so he chewed it without swallowing. He nodded, knowing full well what the wolf had meant. When he was in Florida it was just him and his sister, and a bunch of chaotic bloodthirsty wolves. He did everything he could for her, and that feeling that failing wasn’t an option had been there at the same time.

I think you’re doing a good job.

He said, he noted that he had yet to have a bad encounter yet. He smiled when the wolf mentioned Anann and that they would have a practice session.

I would love to see one of those, to see how it works, how could you do something without hurting each other?

He asked, he’d seen Anann practicing on a tree, once, and could tell the blade she had was sharp and would easily shred a wolf. He felt bad that Haven hadn’t gotten to practice with her before due to his injury. Niro hoped that he’d not get any injuries that would lay him down, but he knew he’d be injured someday, being the huntsman and he went after big prey.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

It was very interesting, discussing the variations in training horses as opposed to training birds. Haven couldn't call himself an expert at training horses; the only horse he had ever seriously worked with was Drogon. Still, he couldn't imagine it was an entirely different process from one horse to another. Details would have to be changed, but overall he thought the general rules and concepts would apply. He nodded his head as Niro spoke of trust, that was definitely something that was the same for both raptors and horses. "Yeah, it's the same with horses too. They aren't going to let anyone on their back that they don't trust and respect. Well, you might be able to get on their back, but they'd just buck you off," he said with a chuckle. Thankfully he had never had Drogon do such a thing to him, it would be a very painful experience. Horses weren't creatures to trifle with if you got on their bad side. Wolves may be predators, but horses were bigger and their hooves could be deadly weapons just like any deer or elk's could.

Even though he had assumed that birds didn't produce milk to feed their young, he was a little surprised to be confirmed in his suspicion that they started eating meat straight out of the shell. It was so interesting, how different things worked across the various species. "I see, I guess that makes sense. It's just kind of hard to imagine, since almost everything else starts out on milk." Almost everything that was confined to the earth anyway. Birds were entirely different creatures who ruled the skies, so really he shouldn't be surprised that they functioned so differently than the animals that lived on the ground.

"I thank you, it's relieving to hear that from a fellow packmember." Haven hadn't been made aware of anything slipping past the pack's defenses, but he could only be in one place at a time so it wasn't far-fetched to assume something could have happened. Hearing from Niro that all was well helped to boost his confidence that at least right now, his methods were working. "Well maybe you can come watch sometime. I wouldn't mind that, and I can't imagine Anann would either." She seemed a very open wolfess who wouldn't mind Niro being a spectator for one of their practices. "Well, we won't be using our real swords. We both have practice swords we have carved out of wood. At some point we might use the real things, but not until we've sparred a few times and know each other better."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Niro was enjoying discussing different things with Haven, he seemed to listen well and have his own thoughts thrown into the mix. He smiled when Haven said it was odd that birds started right out on whatever it was they ate, Niro knew the same, it felt like he was going to kill the baby bird when he first gave her, her first meal, but thankfully she lived and to such a naïve wolf he was.

I can understand entirely.

He said not sure what else to remark to the other wolf. As Haven expressed his gratitude for Niro’s words, he couldn’t help but beam. He was becoming so much of a social creature that it was almost a need to make someone like him… well not force at least. Then he listened to the explanation about the swords. Still thinking about how hard they would hit, it still seemed dangerous to him.
Yes but I imagine it could still hurt even with wooden swords.

He said absentmindedly thinking of a time back before he came to Nova Scotia where he had actually been hit pretty hard by a staff. That hurt. He tried to imagine getting hit by one shaped like a sword, and that seemed like it would smart much more.

I’d love to watch, as long as Anann is ok with it too.

He didn’t think she’d had a problem with it, she even offered him to learn how to use it. He declined as nicely as he could, he just didn’t think sword fighting was him. He looked over to Tobias who was now finally fully calm, he wasn’t shaking with anger anymore. He uncovered the birds head and smiled at him, but said nothing. He just waited a little while. When the bird didn’t put up a fuss Niro pulled out some of the dried meat from his pocket, he did want to give him his prize, but that would just make Niro’s training go backwards.

<style type="text/css"> .niro b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4947f; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .niro p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #737681} .niro {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#d0d0d0; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Haven nodded his head at Niro's comment about the wooden practice swords. "Yeah, it'll still hurt and we'll probably both end up with some bruises, but that's the price you pay. I'd much rather be practiced so I can beat my enemies than save myself some discomfort." There was only so much training and preparing one could do on their own when it came to combat. Sparring was important because you got the experience of not being able to know the other person's moves and reactions. It was about more than just fighting prowess, it was about learning to read your opponent's body language and how to counter certain attacks. "Once we both get better at it though we'll be able to block most of each other's hits most likely, and we won't end up with so much pain," he said smiling. Pain wasn't a deterrent to the Aatte male, he had become accustomed to it.

"I'll ask her when I see her next if she's okay with it. I can't imagine she wouldn't be though." The only reason Haven could think of to exclude someone from watching was if they became a distraction, but he didn't foresee Niro being that way. He watched as the little hood was taken off of the hawk's head finally and the avian remained calm. It was really quite amazing, to watch the wolf with his raptors. He thought he had definitely made a new friend in the mohawked wolf, and was glad that he and Drogon's leisurely ride had been interrupted thus.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]