dark blue
[html]

The dilapidated shack had been transformed somewhat, the young coyote hybrid finding plenty of time to invest in fixing it up. She had been in this area for quite some time now, discovering many things about the various packs and people residing here. Her siblings had vanished it seemed, but Clover was not too discouraged. She had come to find that she liked it in this area, even if it were entirely different from Juniper Peace. Sure, she got a little lonely every once in a while, but having built up the shack like a home had made Clover feel a little better about staying here.

She had scavenged some paint in the city and hauled it all the way back here, smattering the outside of the shack with a dull shade of purple. The paint wasn’t as vibrant as it had once been, but it had done the job in the very least. Clover enjoyed that her tapestry now was reflected in the walls of her home – things felt cozier. Inside she had taken out anything she hadn’t needed, fixing the shelves that had been knocked askew over time. Now they housed the few odds and ends she carried and her possessions were laid inside to make it feel like home. There was no old mattress for her to sleep on, but this didn’t faze Clover one bit. Instead, her purple tapestry was draped over the floor in a corner, her pearly white guitar resting just off to the side. Really, she had done quite well in making it feel like home.

Outside she had begun growing her own plants, once again practicing the things she had learned in Juniper Peace. Amongst a few vegetables grew marijuana, all plants growing quite strongly in the little garden Clover had created. The part she enjoyed most, however, was that she was close to the bay and could hear the soft lull of the waves at night. Though Inferni was off to the east, drifter bay was relatively quiet and uninhabited. It wasn’t too often that Clover had visitors, but she enjoyed the company whenever she received it.

With the weather so nice overhead, Clover found herself outside again. Her frail frame adorned in the usual trinkets, accessories, and few articles of clothing. Her golden walnut hair had grown a bit longer since her time here, falling past her bust and reaching towards the middle of her back. Walking down towards the edge of the coastline, shears in hand, Clover intended to give herself a little haircut.

<style>
.clover-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.clover p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.clover b {color:#D09E00;}
.clover {background-color:#A54527; background-image:url(); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.clover-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

She was about as far away from AniWaya as she could get without going off the grid; she knew that she wanted to go through Phoenix Valley and Crimson Dreams both, to see Geneva and Kansas, but was taking a little time off to explore territories that she had not yet had the chance to go through. She needed to take some time away from the tribe to think about her situation, about what she ought to do. She was almost certain that she was carrying pups from the symptoms that she had been experiencing (she could remember how Naniko had been during her pregnancies) but wasn't sure what she ought to do. She didn't want to endanger their lives by remaining a leader and warrior in the pack...and each day she felt as if more and more energy was draining out of her. She was constantly tired and irritable.

After the steep cliffs of the mountain, this place was proving to be quite easy to traverse. She had chosen to remain her her more familiar optime form for the duration of the pregnancy, leaving her only two legs to balance on rather than four, but she had managed to find her way through the valleys and hilltops of the great Halcyon. She walked along the coast, dark hind feet digging into the sand. Ember wasn't sure where she was going, exactly, only that the long walk was helping her to clear her head, which was a good thing.

A few steps later and she felt a sharp, cutting pain in her right foot. The subleader gave a loud bark of shock and immediately went down to the ground, lifting her leg up to take a good look at the foot. She almost didn't see what it was that had cut her; all that she could see was the blood dripping down her foot from the arch area. Whatever had cut her had fallen onto the ground next to her. Pale green eyes sought out the source of her discomfort and came to rest upon a large shard of broken glass. She picked the piece up, throwing it toward the grassier area, where someone wouldn't step on it again, then held her hand against the cut. It wouldn't stop bleeding!

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Ember's not showing yet, is she?

The weather was seemingly perfect today and Clover walked with the usual smile finding her features. She left her small shack behind, venturing down away from the forest inland and finding her way onto the soft sands that lined the coast. The only thing Clover carried were the sheers, though that was not to say she was empty handed. A small joint had been tucked into her headband much earlier, but had been left alone for now. The usual bracelets and rings adorned her hands and the denim shorts had been pulled to their snug spot over her hips. Maybe she resembled the humans, but Clover didn’t care. She liked the life she lived.

An onyx form caught Clover’s golden gaze and the woman titled her head in wonder, and ear flicking to catch any possible words the other might speak. The woman was sitting on the cool sands, her focus concentrated on herself. Clover wasn’t exactly sure what this woman was up to, but she figured she’d find out. Clover wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to socialize. Forgetting her haircut for now, Clover marched the distance that separated the two women and it wasn’t long until she caught sight of the problem – crimson now staining a small portion of the sand beneath the stranger. "Oh, love. You’re hurt, aren’t you? What did you do?" Clover came to rest beside the woman, crouching down to get a better look for herself. Unlike others, Clover didn’t worry about crossing over into other people’s personal space. After living in Juniper Peace it was hard for her to realize her actions might be intrusive, especially when she did things such as this to people she didn’t know.

<style>
.clover-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.clover {background-color:#A54527; background-image:url(); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
No ma'am!

It had been a rather peaceful day before this had happened. As she held her fingers against the cut it began to pound, and she could feel it pulse against her hand. She'd had cuts and scrapes before and knew just enough first aid to know that she should apply pressure to the wound, but it didn't seem to be working. Every time that she would let up on the pressure it would start bleeding anew.

The sound of shifting sand made her look up just as the other neared her. Her fur bristled a little as she struggled between showing distrust or friendliness for a moment. She didn't normally go anywhere without her weapons, but had chosen to give up her warrior duties for the next month and a half. She didn't want to get any fights and risk losing the pups when she could just as easily run away.

Defeated, the female's ears went down slightly. "Yes. I think I stepped on somethin' sharp..piece o'glass or somethin'." She removed her hands from her foot to show Clover.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this, Hijaes. <33

Her eyes found the emerald of Ember’s as the woman spoke and the young coyote could clearly tell that she was in pain, the slightest bit of distress mirrored in her eyes. When the onyx colored woman moved her hand away to expose to the wound, Clover’s mouth fell open just slightly and she shook her head. "Oh, love. That doesn’t look too good. You’ll have to let me help you." Clover rose to her full height and brought her gaze across the shoreline. Her shack wasn’t too far and she’d need a few things in order to dress the cut, but Ember should be alright to wait a few minutes for her. "Let me grab a dressing," and before the woman had a chance to say a thing, Clover was jogging away along the sand, her walnut hair bouncing gently over her shoulders.

She knew exactly what she wanted and went instantly to the small shelves which held her things. Without really having to look, Clover grasped a few jars and a small cloth that lay on the floor near her tapestry. It had only taken a few moments, and then the young coyote was running along the beach again. When she reached Ember, she dropped to her knees and took another look at the wound. It still seemed to be bleeding. "Don’t worry, love, you’ll be alright." Clover had left the sheers she intended to cut her hair with behind and now used them to cut the cloth into thin strips. This she did quickly, so that she could turn to dressing the wound.

"Here, move your hands again and I’ll put some of this on and see if it helps to stop the bleeding." Quickly, nimble fingers unscrewed the metal top to the jar and Clover scooped out a handful of its contents. With her other hand, she pinched at the powder and dropped it over the cut until she was satisfied it had done its job. It didn’t take long for the bleeding to slow. "There," she grinned at Ember now, feeling less of a sense of urgency. "Chestnut flour," she told the woman as she reached for the cloth strips. Gently, she wound them around Ember’s foot to keep out any bacteria that threatened to find its way inside.

When she was finished dressing it, she tied off the ends of the cloth and sat back onto the sand. "Hopefully that’ll be alright." She held up another jar for the woman in offering. "Here’s a salve you can have. If you put it on the wound every day for the next few days, it should heal without a problem." She had learned simple, holistic healing techniques like this from those in Juniper Peace, since the entire group was all about natural living. "My name is Clover," she finally introduced herself, straw eyes studying the vibrant green of the Danua Ihesdi. "What’s yours, love?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc: Is ok =D

She was more trusting when she had her weapons on her. She wanted to be able to defend herself if she needed to, and they were a sort of security blanket for her. Ember felt like less of a wolf without them, like a piece of her had been left behind there in her den in AniWaya. The other seemed friendly enough, but she knew that sometimes friendliness was simply an act.

Ember considered trying to get away while the coyote ran back to her hut, still a bit uncertain, but Clover was back before she could fully make the decision. She didn't say much, watching as the Lykoi worked her magic with her powders and cloths. She hadn't been injured in a very long time and a foot injury would be pretty debilitating for her, as she had walked here. It was a long walk back to AniWaya.

Clover shared a little about the herbs and offered her a jar, and Ember reached out to take it. Perhaps she had been wrong in judging Clover as she had; the luperci had only helped her and was continuing to help her by giving her the salve and explaining its uses. She should have been nicer, or made an attempt at conversation. There was no time like the present, however, and Ember cleared her throat to speak. "Ahh....Thank ye...Clover. That's Clover like the plant, yeah? I'm Ember. Like...the fire. I live a ways away, down in AniWaya..Dunno if you've been there. But if ye ever come my way I'd be more than happy ta putcha up for the night or pay ya back in some way."

What were some ways that she could pay her back for what she'd done to help? She had a few material possessions that could be of some worth, weapons, and she had plenty of books and other interesting gadgets from the city. She knitted occasionally as well, and had some scarves and shawls. Ah, and her horses! "Dunno if you'd be up for somethin' like it, but I've got some things to trade you if ye'd be interested. I'd like ta do something for ya in return...And even trade for some salves or somethin' if you have more or can make more. I have horses..and some things I made, like scarves and shawls. I don't know if you use weapons, but I also have a few good bows that are great for hunting rabbit, squirrel, and other small prey back home"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Sorry, I rambled. XD <3

While she had done her work, the sable colored woman had sat in silence while emerald eyes watched the young coyote go to work. The dressing of her wound had come rather simply, for Clover had learned simple tasks such as this when she had been young. Even before her seven months of age, Clover had been shown the secrets of holistic medicine. Upon gaining the dexterity of her Optime form, she put these things to use. After all, pups were always getting into trouble, popping up with scrapes and bruises from their daily adventures. In all reality, Clover was just happy to help.

Her teeth parted and Clover offered a wide grin as the woman introduced herself. "Yes, love. Just like the plant." At the divulging of her own name, Clover found a flooding sense of appreciation. She liked simple, earthy names and it seemed as if the AniWaya woman had one as well. They both had been given names for things Mother Earth herself had provided the world. There was some comfort in this simple fact. "It’s so lovely to meet you, Ember. And no, I’ve not been to AniWaya, though I have met a very gorgeous, young woman from there. Her name was Liliana, I believe. She was a sweet thing." After her conversation with the woman, Clover had even changed her thinking about some things, and had adopted the use of meats into her diet. The two woman had talked some about Clover’s ideas on Mother Earth, and Liliana had unintentionally convinced Clover that it was okay to indulge in the meat of sick or weak animals, so long as she wasn’t being wasteful and respected the gift Gaia had given her. Since then, Clover’s appearance had taken a turn for the better. Though she was still immensely thin, the girl had gained some muscle mass and appeared to be less frail then before.

She listened quietly as Ember went on to explain all of the things she had to offer, her hands folded gently in her lap while her legs were curled underneath her. All the while the familiar smile graced her features and she waved a hand dismissively at Ember. "Oh, love, don’t you worry about paying me back. Really, I am glad to help." Perhaps one day she’d take Ember up on the offer, if she happened to venture to AniWaya, but for now there was no need to worry about any of that. "Though, what are you going to do about getting home tonight? That must be quite some distance to travel, and you wouldn’t be able to make it too far with your foot like that." She knew that even though the wound had been tended to, it would still ache and cause quite a fault in Ember’s step. "You’re welcome to stay here for the night, if you’d like. Maybe with some rest you’d be more up for the trek." Though they had just met, Clover felt no fear in offering such a thing. Being as open to Mother Earth’s creatures as she was, she was quick to find the good in every person and every situation.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Hehe ^^

She had never pondered much about the naming of things; she had been named Ember after a friend of her father's, while her siblings had gotten completely original names. She'd always been just a little bit sad about this; why would her father want to name her after someone who had died? She didn't really understand it. Maybe that was why she felt that way.

"I haven't met Liliana yet, but I plan on going around and meeting some of the newer members" She said. Wasn't that her duty as a leader? She thought about this for a moment. Even if she wasn't a leader she would try to keep up with the tribe as much as she could. She'd been busy with her pack duties and raising Lotus..but during this pregnancy she would try and branch out a bit.

"I can send a bird" She said to Clover, standing up. She favored her injured foot, standing on the uninjured part of it. She didn't want to get sand in the bandages. The dark female let out a sort of a squawk, focusing on one of the creatures nearby and calling it to her in its own language. The gull came down from the sky, landing on the sand next to her. Ember had learned lowspeech as a pup and spoke fluently with most types of animals. That was how she had met her spirit guide Utriu, in fact; she had been trying to speak to the whales off shore.

She told the bird to alert her horse, drawing a quick map in the sand to show it where to go. The bird would scratch the same map into the soil for Bayard to follow to find her. "Do you think that we could make a fire out here?" She asked. "My horse Bayard will come..he should be here by the morning. But I think it will be easier for him to find us if there's a fire that he can see or smell. Thank you for your offer of a place to stay--I'll definitely take ya up on it." The gull waited patiently to see what sort of a signal they would use for Bayard, beady eyes turning from Ember to Clover.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Clover watched interestedly as Ember spoke of sending a bird, pale gold fluttering to the sky as a gull drifted down from the air above their heads. The sounds that came from Ember were entirely unfamiliar to Clover coming from a Luperci’s mouth, but it seemed as if the woman was speaking the language of the birds. Silently, the young Lykoi watched the interaction between bird and wolf, before Ember turned back to Clover to ask about building a fire. "Of yes. Of course, love. Anything to make it easier for your Bayard to find you." She had plenty of supplies and things tucked into her small shack hidden away from the shore not too far from here, invisible from the shore only because of the trees. "We should keep the fire on the shore, though, so it’ll be more visible." Plus, Clover worried about accidents. She didn’t want the flames to lick too high and latch onto a nearby tree. She couldn’t possibly imagine the damage and devastation of a large forest fire (though she only had to travel north of Halcyon to see the leftover catastrophe of a two year old arson).

"Let me grab some things for us, and I will be right back, love. Stay and rest your foot." She turned to leave, her golden walnut hair spinning around her shoulders lightly. For a moment she hesitated, turning back to look at the darkly colored woman. "Perhaps you can tell the bird our plans?" She had no idea what had already been said to the gull, but she was sure Ember would take care of whatever needed to be said. With that, the girl turned in a small pirouette and took off towards her shack. There she’d collect some firewood stacked outside and try to drape some blankets over her shoulder for them to wrap themselves in.

Had she had more hands, the small girl would have brought more. However, Clover figured she could run back to the shack at any time if the need called for it. Returning to Ember, Clover let the wood drop from her arms and looked to Ember’s emerald gaze with a small smile turning her lips. "That stuff is heavy," she said softly, before pulling the blankets away from her shoulders where they had been draped. She handed one to Ember, while Clover let the purple tapestry fall to the sand beside her. They’d need to arrange the wood, before Clover could extract the small box of matches from her jean shorts’ pocket to light it. "I'll have to grab some more, but I figured this would be enough to get it started," and she crouched to begin turning the small logs into a reasonable shaped campfire.

456 words
<style>
.clover-byjames1 p {margin:10px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.clover-byjames1 b {color:#c5af13;}
.clover-byjames1 {font-size:11px; color:#779959; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:321px; background-color:#010101; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... lovery.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:355px; text-align:justify; }
.clover-byjames1-wc {width:321px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
close after your next post?

Ember was decent at firestarting, and watched as the coyote crouched down to begin the fire. She would like to see the other again someday and looked forward to that day; she would definitely have to repay her for everything that she had done this day. The dark wolfess spoke to the bird and it flitted off into the trees, sending her a few goodbye chirps as it left.

She had learned to speak to the animals a long time ago. It felt like ages ago. But it was a very useful trick. "The fire looks great. You really will come to see me, won't ya?" She inquired. She wanted to be sure that she would be able to repay Clover.

[/html]
[html]

After the logs had been stacked and ready to receive the flame, Clover easily extracted the supplies from her jean shorts and got the campfire crackling with the gold lick of flames. After getting them both settled, Clover folded her legs beneath her and looked to Ember from over the low light of the flames. It was getting darker now, as the sun moved closer and closer to the horizon. Really, it had been such a miracle that the two had happened to find one another when they had. If Clover had been out exploring, who knew what would have happened to Ember. The young warrior would have had a very uncomfortable trek home.

"Of course I will, love! I’ve always been curious to come to AniWaya." With one of the left over sticks that hadn’t been used to start the campfire, Clover poked idly at the burning wood. "Besides, I’ll have to check in and see if you made it home okay." She raised the end of the stick and gestured in Ember’s direction. "Plus, I’ll need to make sure your cut has healed alright." Though, she didn’t really suspect it would be too much of a problem.

It didn’t take long for the flames to spread and increase in strength, and Clover made sure to occasionally add the wooden fuel so that Bayard would easily see it. With them both tending to the flames, the time passed quickly and it wasn’t long until night was upon them.

And so for the night, Clover was not alone and had a friend to pass the time.

266 words
<style>
.clover-byjames1 p {margin:10px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.clover-byjames1 b {color:#c5af13;}
.clover-byjames1 {font-size:11px; color:#779959; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:321px; background-color:#010101; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... lovery.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:355px; text-align:justify; }
.clover-byjames1-wc {width:321px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]