The bright wolf
OOC:
OOC Name: Azuna
Preferred method of contact: Board PM (no secondary contact method)
Character Name: Delta
Character Age: 1 Year
Character Gender: Female
[u]Desired Profession Path, if any:Animal Care
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci Ortus, Russian Wolf
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Top 50 Wolf RPGs

IC:
Delta slept happily in a warm cave with her family surrounding her. Her Mother, Jana, on her left, and her Sister, Sythe, on her right, on her sisters right her father, Blade snored. They were happily with their pack, Russian Wolves. Delta woke up in the middle of the slightly chilly night. She got up carefully, so she wouldn't wake her beautiful mother and sister. She slinked quietly out of the cave and into the long, wavy grass of the prarie the pack lived on. She rolled around in the soft grass, then yawned and stretched. Her stomach gave a small grumble.
"well, might as well catch my first prey" Delta whispered silently, and happily to herself. She had just turned one, the offical hunting age for her pack. She swiftly trotted out of her packs camp and into a nearby woods. She walked silently around until she reached the best hunting spot in the wood. She lifted her quivering nose slightly, trying to smell some sort of prey for her to catch. She soon detected the smell of a mouse, and excitedly started to stalk toward the scent. She was careful to not step on any twigs or kick any small pebble. She kept slowly stalking until the small mouse was in her sight. She stepped eagerly toward the mouse. Crack. She snapped a twig. The mouse turned towards her, and then turned again, and ran in fear. "I'm not letting you get away!" Delta growl silently before chasing the mouse. She chased it until it started to get tired and needed shelter to get away from the hungry wolf. Right when it was about to enter a small burrow in had suddenly found, Delta's mouth swooped down and grabbed the mouse up in her jaws. She ate it slowly, and happily since it was her first ever caught prey. She knew her techinque was sloppy, but hey, she still got it. She started to trot happily towards her home, when she saw a glowing light. She sniffed the air cautiously. Fire!, She thought as she began to run towards her camp. She stopped at the prarie. Her eyes glowed from the reflection of the fire. Her camp was on fire. Branches burning, dens burning, wolves burning. Her eyes widened in fear before running into the fire, searching for her family. "Mother!!! Father!!! Sythe!!!" she barked franticly as she ran threw the burning camp. She ran to the den where she was sleeping. Tears came out swiftly from her eyes. There were her mother's, father's, and sister's dead bodies. They had burnt marks all over. She cried a little longer, before running out of the camp, coughing. She turned and watched as her family, her life, burnt to the ground. She turned towards the woods and walked slowly, glassy eyed. When she reached the trees, She ran. Just ran. She had no idea where she was going, she just was going to run. She ran and ran, until the sun rised into the sky. She started to grow tired, but she kept on running. She kept running until the sun started to go down again. She reached a woods she has never seen before. She actually really didn't care. She collapse by a clean water pond, and gulped water down for a good few minutes. She looked herself over. She had scorch marks all over her body. She licked them, and her saliva made them burn. She still felt a empty feeling in her heart that would proably never heal. Maybe i need another pack, she thought quietly to herself as she licked her burnt side. She lifted her head slightly, before letting out a lonesome howl, wanting a pack. She howled again and again, hoping,and praying, that someone would answer. She collapsed weakly next to the clear pond. "foo...d" She was starving to death. Would her life end just like her family? Dead? She didn't want to die yet. She wanted to live a long happy life with pups,a pack,and a mate. She got up slowly, clumily, She walked back into the woods. Her nose quivered as she tried to find the scent of prey. "There"She whispered as she ran weakly. It was a rabbit, nibbling on sweet grass. She slowly stalked it, quietly, swiftly. She was about three inches away before she pounced. The rabbit heard her trembling foot as she jumped. It ran, swiftly. Delta was desprately hungry, so she chased after it careful. It ran, Scared at how the weak wolf was catching up. It started to get tired, and slow down for a bit. "gotcha" Delta mumbled as she jumped again, and bit through the rabbits pelt. She bit down harder, into its thin neck, satisfied with the crunch. She ate every morsal of meal on the prey, even a part of a bone. She wasn't starving now,but still pretty hungry. Her nose quivered again. She smelled wolves. Not just two, but many wolves. She relized she was very close to a pack border. Good thing that the rabbit didn't go over the border, she thought relived, or those wolves would have had my head. She plopped down next to the border, under a shady tree, waiting for a patrol, or a wolf to come, so she could talk to them. She soon grew tired, and her eyes started to droop. She soon fell into a sleep with nightmares about her family yelling "This is all your fault Delta! How could you leave us!? You should have died!" She whimpered in her sleep, but she knew one thing in her mind, was that she was going to live a bright life, no matter what. (ooc: I edited some stuff, and by the way thank you!)
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

Hello again! Smile I see you've edited your post; great! Big Grin We'll post a few times back and forth now, so the characters can get through the IC process, and so that I can familiarize myself with your roleplaying Smile If you have any questions or are unsure how to continue, just PM me if you want, and I'll do my best to explain Smile You can ask in the OOC section of your post, too, if you want!

He always had something to do, and these days that was what he preferred. Sometimes he patrolled the borders with troublesome thoughts haunting him, and the long walks that lasted hours helped him clear his mind. Sometimes, like today, he simply enjoyed it, and his yellow eyes trailed the familiar landscape as he walked along the path that ran closest to the border. His nose would alert him of anything unusual, and just as he glanced with fondness at one of the oldest trees in the area, it did. The scent of a stranger caused him to turn and continue off the path, and though he was curious as to what he would encounter, he was not worried. The late summer sun that so gently touched the branches of his forest (his, he thought. It was not his, but everyone's, but he had seen it and made it his home, and so he could not help but feel like he owned it just a little) made everything beautiful, and as the old male he was, he could not help but feel moved by this. Thus, he continued moving with his ears perked upwards and with a gentle step, until he spotted the stranger, napping in the shadow of one of the few trees that accompanied the wired fences of their borders. He continued moving towards her, and he studied her with curiosity before he realized that the 'strange markings' he saw were burn marks. Automatically, his hand went to his pouch of herbs that he always carried with him, and unfastened it. He realized now, that for all he knew, the young female could be dying, and not napping, and so he wasted no time at all. Walking up to her quite quickly, he bent down and shook her shoulder gently as he spoke, trying to wake her without surprising her. "Wake up." If she was badly injured, he had some work to do. Burn wounds were nasty stuff.

[/html]
Delta was in a peaceful sleep, under the shade of a cool tree. She suddenly felt someone shaking her, and barking "Wake Up!"
She jolted awake, almost attacking the mystery wolf, but stopped. *I've got to control myself, maybe this male wants to help me* she thought, looking at the male for a moment. She could smell other wolves scents coming of him, and also superiority. She got up slowly, and held her head low, ears back. "Hello. Are you a alpha of a pack? If i may ask what is your name?" She said, trying hard not to offend him in any way. She looked up slightly, hoping he would answer. She quickly looked down at her muddy paws. Her eyes stinged from the sunlight, and her burn searing with pain.
(ooc: sorry, right now i'm having a small writers block!)
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

That's okay! As a tip, when I have trouble finding things to write, I usually read other people's threads. It helps me a lot! Smile

His attempt at waking her gently (though, is that even possible, wnayway?) failed, and she started away as he shook her shoulder. His own head bobbed backwards to make room for her head moving forward, and as she got up standing he took some steps backwards, so as not to get in her way. The red wolf male was quite relieved that she was not as badly injured as he had first thought; if she could stand, the burns couldn't be as bad as they looked. Fur did make determining burn injuries harder, except in the cases where there was no fur left. She asked him questions, and he replied to them calmly, deep voice dominating, but his face was kind. "I'm Dawali Amara, I am the Chief of the tribe who claim the lands behind me. I thought you were injured, else I would not have woken you up." His hands moved in gentle circles as he spoke, automatic movements he did not control. He saw her face twist in pain for a moment, and quickly added: "Do you need help to heal your wounds?" He would never cease to offer strangers his aid; it was something he had lived by as long as he could remember, and it had not harmed him yet. Only good things can come out of good actions.

[/html]
Delta looked up at the male with her scarlet eyes. She looked down again. *Wow! This male is a tribe owner! I've got to remember his name!* Delta sat down, wincing in pain again. "My name is Delta. And I would very much like you're help". She barked softly, trying to be as honorable as possible. A burst of wind came, and rustled up the trees, blowing her fur powerfully. The burn showed even more, to show a strange symbol. "Also, Sir, do you know what this symbol means?" She asked fairly seriously, wanting to know how it got in this odd shape, and what it meant. She quickly lowered her head again in respect, but you could see her eyes looking up.
</style>

That's okay! As a tip, when I have trouble finding things to write, I usually read other people's threads. It helps me a lot! Smile

She looked at him for a moment before sitting, and Dawali found himself wondering about the color of her eyes. Never before had he seen someone with such a hue to them, but he had seen purple, and it was equally strange. He nodded as she introduced herself, and reached for his ouch of herbs in order to find the ones he needed. He'd been making poultices lately, and he did keep small amounts of them with him at all times in that pouch. A little of it should ease her pain right now, and if she could walk, they could get more from his hut. As he glanced at the area where she was burnt, wind blew some of the damaged fur aside, and the Chief cocked his head to the side and studied the strange shape the wound had taken. The femme saw it too, and when she asked him if he knew it he shook his head and looked at it some more. "I've never seen it before, I'm sorry," he said, bluntly. Bending forward, he motioned with his hand as if asking for her permission before applying it to where the burn seemed to be worst. "This stings a little, but it will help the pain after a little while." Red-furred fingers moved to apply it as softly as he could, but experience told him that even the lightest of burns could scream with the brightest of pains. He'd never experienced it himself, and this was something he was eternally thankful for.

[/html]
Delta winced at the burning coming from the herbs he used on her burns. She moved her eyes around, trying to find something to distract her from the pain. She clenced her jaws, and kept looking around. She quickly turned her head towards the male, sending a small jolt of pain from the burn, and peered at him for a moment. She then found herself becoming curious. "What... what's your tribes name?" Delta finally asked the question she had been holding in for awhile. Delta found herself not feeling the burn, to curious to notice. When she was a pup, her parents thought she was to curious for her own good, but she couldn't help it, she just liked to ask question. She tilted her head, wondering what type of tribe it was. Her thoughts started to go lose, thinking of crazy ideas. She turned her eyes to the ground, flinching at the sudden relization of the burn. She forgot about it for awhile from thinking her little thoughts. She lifted her head again, waiting, of course, curiously for the answer.
</style>

Not unexpectedly, he could see her reaction from the poultice. Most of his patients reacted just as she did to pains of this strength, but she was lucky. He could tell from her reaction the severity of her wounds, and he knew, now, that they were not life-threatening. Had they been, she would have screamed, most likely, and her skin would have felt much more strange underneath his fingertips. In the worst case he'd ever seen, when being taught as a young wolf, by an elder, the skin had looked like skin on a cooked piece of flesh; it just came right off. This one was lucky that her burns were not so severe. All she would suffer, was a scar, most likely. "My tribe's name is AniWaya, we claim a good portion of the area behind me, starting from the fence." He paused as he stepped a few steps back, having finished applying his medicine. "We've been here two years now, in winter." Dawali smiled; he did have a kind face, even if his general appearance could be intimidating to some. But he was a healer at heart, and he always strove to aid whoever needed help. "Your wounds will need time to heal; you really should rest them."

[/html]
"AniWaya... I like that name" Delta sighed, the pain fading slowly away from her burn. She could already feel it healing. She felt the wind rustle the leaves peacefully. She looked around a little more.*AniWaya has beautiful territory* She thought, fasinated by how it resembled her old home. *My home* she almost cried out with sadness because of her home burning down, but instead, let out a small whimper of saddness. She felt so lonely, Dawali had relived some of it, but she needed more company. She needed a pack. She wanted to ask Dawali so bad, but she was shy and nervous, instead she asked, "How big is your tribe?" *Stupid, Stupid!!* She yelled at herself in her mind. She put her head down, and smelled the herb he put on her wound. *Yucky!* She scrunched her nose, and lifted her head quickly, trying to get away from the disgusting scent. She sneezed. "Also, what is this herb?" She asked, putting her muddy paw on her muzzle, noticing how beat up it was from running. Her old smooth, soft pad was rough and hard. She was about to cry out, but instead made another whimper.
</style>

He smiled at her compliment, as if he for a second thought that he had named the tribe himself. He did not know who had chosen such a name, nor did he remember what it meant, though he was certain one of the Elders had told him at some point. It embarrassed him slightly, and he did not respond with any words. There was nothing to say if he did not remember anything, sadly. The injured female was inquisitive, but the Chief responded in a quite friendly manner, moving his head up and down as he spoke. Feathers and beads that ornamented his mane danced with his motions, but he was too used to the sound of their clattering to notice. They were as much a part of him as his own pelt. "It's small - not too big." The original AniWayan tribe had been very large. He wasn't sure if he missed it or not. "We're a small branch of a much larger tribe that resides elsewhere. We came as a scouting party, but they haven't reached us yet, so we wait." He smiled at her and ignored the familiar sting that came whenever he told the history of the tribe. He had no one but himself here, though it was easier after Nayati arrived. Still, the void of his daughters, parents and siblings was something he was not quite getting used to.

The male very nearly chuckled a little (though he was able to stop himself) when he saw how she reacted to the poultice's smell. Being a medicine man for almost 4 years now, he was too used to it, but he could still smell them. This one was not as bad as many others, although it did leave quite a sting in your nostrils if you breathed its scent in too close. "Our own name for it is Tlaatsila, it is made of two herbs together. I only know the herbs by sight, so I couldn't tell you their names, but they do grow here, but sparsely." He considered himself lucky that he could find the herbs around here; one of them in particular was vital to several of his remedies.

[/html]
"It's sounds like a very nice tribe", She smiled, but with a saddened look in her eyes. She was to chicken to ask. She smelled the smell of herbs rise up into her nose, the sour scent about to make her sneeze. She ignored it though. She bowed her head. "Thank you for healing me. It was very kind of you to help a wanderer like me. I have wandered here from a far away forest, where my pack was. My pack was burned to the ground, and thats how i got my burns. My family died with it. I am sorry again to take your time, i must find a place to sleep for the night. Once again, thank you" She barked softly with great respect and thanks, but also saddness in her bark.
The smell of the herbs were getting to her nose. "Can i lick this off?" She asked the Dawali Amara. She shook her head. The scent of it made her want to sneeze so bad. She scratched her nose with her paw again, trying to get the scent out. Of course, nothing happened. She relized she proably looked kinda funny. She put her paw down quickly. She peered at Dawali again.
</style>

"Thank you. To me, they are my family." He refrained from adding that his family was elsewhere, many miles away. He'd asked Gvihita once, but she wouldn't say. The Chief merely nodded and gave a small smile at her gratitude; Dawali did not mind healing people, even those that offered no thank afterwards. His smile quickly vanished as her story unfolded, and he studied her young face for a moment before speaking. She was not the first to tell him sad stories of their lives, but she was clearly too shy to ask what she needed to ask. "Be hospitable", the Elders had always said. It was one way to show respect, and Dawali respected this young female for her strength. "It was not a problem. If you would like, you can rest in our tribe for a while, until your wounds are healed." He paused. He could not offer her a permanent place, for he knew nothing of her qualities. If she proved useful, he wouldn't mind her staying afterwards. "Perhaps you would like to stay with us after, too." He gave her a small smile, which quickly turned into a chuckle at her next question. "I wouldn't lick that off if I were you; it tastes far worse than it smells. You should leave it on for a day and then wash it away with water before I can give you some more to put on. It helps the wound heal faster and cleaner."

[/html]
Her eyes lightened as he said she could stay. "I can... I can stay with your pack?" She barked, happily. Then she stopped and bowed her head again. "Thank you. I will accept that offer." She looked up at him, her eyes sparkling, her tail started to thump against the ground. She gave him a wolf smile. She got to go to Aniwaya. She was excited out of her mind, but also nervous and scared. Then she caught a smell of the herbs, and finally let out a small sneeze. "Pardon me! Are you sure it taste worse then it smells?" She asked, putting her paw on her nose, letting out a whimper of frustration from the smell that urked her nose terribly. Still, no matter what, not even the smell could ruin her mood. She was going to Aniwaya. Where wolves were. She thumped her tail again, and smiled to herself. She was so happy, she could howl out. "When are we going to go to Aniwaya?" She asked, fogetting to be polite out of her excitement. She relized it and bowed her head again,
</style>

Okay, so one more post from you and we can archive this. I'll request you titled and add you to the ranks - welcome! Smile

"Good." he said, kindly. The medicine man in him wanted nothing more than to have her heal properly. Such a weak heart, he had. Her youth got the better of her, it seemed, and now the Chief was charmed by her excitement. In some ways it reminded him of Noir and her friend, and how they would get excited at nothing when they were children. Noir's absence worried him deeply, but he had shared this worry with no one, in fear that perhaps he was the only one that did not know. Few knew it, but the young Aston girl had the power to break his old heart with a flutter of an eyelash, so strong were his paternal feelings for her. He pushed the thought away and instead focused on the wounded girl, chuckling again at her sneezing when putting the poultice too close to her face. "Hehe, yes, I'm very certain!" He'd been curious once, too. Once one had tasted such things once, one did not repeat the mistake.

It seemed her thoughts moved as quickly as they could only in a young mind, and Dawali smiled at her again. "We can go now, if you want. Come, follow me." He paused and looked at her again. She had probably traveled for some time, for he hadn't seen nor smelled any fires lately, besides the hearths of the village. "We should probably find you something to eat, too."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.