Let the morning renew your soul
[html]

Forward Dated to 7/22/10 early morning hours. This is Saluce's official Hia guise I'd like to join. Do I still need to fill out the form?

Saluce was sitting outside of Connor’s residence that morning. He had something important he wanted to discuss with the man and he figured it was as good a time as any to do it. Saluce still sat in lupus form his blue orbs looking across the field as the gentle morning breeze swayed the tall grass in shimmering waves underneath the still young morning sun. He had grown to like this place that had been his residence the past few weeks while his leg was healing. It had rekindled a love in him for the sea and it had done much to heal his sense of being lost. Maybe there was something here he liked, but he was making this decision based on his love the area, not in some love interest or some selfish play for power, and that thought alone helped heal his mind. Maybe the wolf would travel but now he felt like staying in one place might be good for him.

The large wolf let out a long drowsy morning yawn before shaking his head trying to clear the cobwebs from his mind. The morning sun was doing nothing to help wake him up but he found its heat and comfort oddly soothing. With the soft breeze coming off the ocean he sat there taking it all in, his mind wandering off to things that he hadn’t let it. Thoughts of settling down, the pups around here had defiantly had a strange effect on him, awakening an urge to someday have some pups of his own. Maybe someday but for now watching after the little runts running around the house had been pleasurable for the wolf, a healing pleasurable not only physically but mentally as well. It had all worked to rekindle a sense of this place wanted him, and he needed that. With his mind made up he patiently waited for the younger male to meet him. He knew he would be up and around before too long, and plus wasting this beautiful morning laying on a bed was such a mismanagement of time.

<style type="text/css">
.saluceforest b {font-weight:normal; color:#c1c87a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.saluceforest-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 30px 5px 30px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#424928;text-align:center;}
.saluceforest p {text-indent:25px; padding: 1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.saluceforest{margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#5b6340; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... saluce.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double#424928; padding: 300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#424928; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.saluceforest-divider {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9f9440; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry for suckagesdfohsdf

Laughter and joy had never found a home in Haku Soul’s cabin. His childhood had been black and white and filled with fear. This house was different; those who lived in it were different. This was a happy home. He rose with the sound of laughter echoing through the building and retired as the stars started to appear on a dimly lit summer sky. Sometimes he wondered if he ever would grow accustomed to this life. Would he ever fall so low that he would one day take it for granted? He hoped not. His past held a lot of misery that helped him to see how blessed his life had become. Dahlia seemed to be a happy and peaceful place after the usurper finally had been removed. It was blooming anew, and its members together with it.

As the young leader stepped out into the sunlight, those lavender hued orbs found the seated form of Saluce. He walked over to the male and greeted him wordlessly with a dip of his muzzle. The poor loner’s time here had not been a particularly quiet one. Some of the children really seemed to have taken to him. There were many individuals that quite despised children, but he thought that the loner had handled the situation well. The bone needed time to grow and the loner had remained in Dahlia. Saluce could walk out and away from the lands whenever he chose to, but Conor was glad to see that he was still here. ”Beautiful morning, huh?” the young Soul male noted, stating the obvious.

[/html]
[html]

Ugh really kinda just went on a writing spree. Hope you like!

One could almost see the picture, two gentlemen sitting out on the porch sipping on coffee discussing the workings of the world. But two wolves sitting and enjoying the splendor of the morning would have to do. His head dipped quietly in respect to the other wolf that joined him. Connor had been the closest thing he had had to a friend here in these lands, and so his company wasn’t accepted without a sign of respect in return to his. Saluce has quietly assumed to himself that this male was the alpha but hadn’t had that suspicion turned into fact as of yet. He kept his thoughts about the wolf being too young to lead a pack to himself though. If he was capable of leading a pack already then apparently his self righteous notions from Europe would just have to be silenced.

“Yes it very much is. I always liked mornings whether or not my sleep schedule was flipped to night or day. Being up to see the sun claim its thrown has always been a pleasure of mine” he let his wolf lips raise in a smirk type manner as he turned toward Connor. If he was back in his pre-injury prime this wolf who looked so unassuming wouldn’t be much of a match for him in a fight but he radiated a sense of power that he wondered if Connor even realized it himself. Sizing him up Saluce’s eyes reflected a calm gentle nature that seemed to conflict with his chosen passion of war. “My leg has been healing nicely. I’ve been using my natural form for awhile now, to help allow me some freedom. But I guess I owe you my life Connor and I owe something to this pack that goes further than my original ambition to travel west. “He paused for a moment as his eyes silently moved away from his form and toward the fields.

“I’ve been wondering, who in fact is the leader of this land? I’ve had my suspicions but no one has confirmed them, partially because I haven’t asked. Due tell Connor, are you the Leader of these lands? I find it hard to rationalize the fact that you are younger then I and I still do not feel myself old enough or wise enough to tackle such a charge” Saluce was a long winded speaker when it came to conversations. But it was a roundabout way of putting it nicely that the behemoth was questioning how old Connor was, and if he felt like he was indeed ready to lead. Nothing behind his words hinted at any malice or even any sense of judgment though. When Saluce spoke of important matters he let himself be honest in the truest since of the word. Sometimes he was to honest to a fault but none of that mattered since these questions wanted honest answers, because if the answers where to his liking then it would be a peaceful exchange.

“I’m not going to sit around and pretend that I’m sticking around here because I have no option. I like it here; I’d like to learn to love it. But I must know if these lands are in capable hands, if so then I’d like to stay and offer my talents if not then well I’d be prone to ensure that these pups, and these beautiful people here had a leader worth trusting” the message was clear. Saluce was ready to either fight for the lands or give his loyalty to the leader. His eyes returned to Connor, replaced was the innocent sparkle, and replaced with a searing power behind them, enough so that any lesser being might be intimidated. It wasn’t a challenge just a form of ascertaining the younger wolfs worth. If he had known what Connor had done to get such a title and the beast he had fought he wouldn’t have chosen this course.

<style type="text/css">
.saluceforest-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 30px 5px 30px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#424928;text-align:center;}
.saluceforest{margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#5b6340; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... saluce.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double#424928; padding: 300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#424928; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.saluceforest-divider {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9f9440; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
700+

The loner spoke truthfully and there was nothing else for the cinnamon hued yearling to do but to agree, nodding. There was a reason to speak about the weather. He had always adored the blushing sunrise as well as the ripening dusk. Both offered an explosion of colours that could only be described as beautiful. And between dusk and dawn there was the great velvet blanked draped in glittering stars. It was not rare for Conor to sit outside and gaze at the horizon. He had been born from sin and raised with cruelty. It was important never to forget what was good in the world. Every day he reminded himself of what was good in this world, and Dahlia de Mai was a good place to live. The pack’s tranquillity had not existed for long, but it did not make this less real. Dahlia’s wounds were still healing, and the young alpha believed the pack would continue to flourish.

The lavender eyed man listened to the man’s gratitude, but was in danger of misunderstanding the man’s words towards the end. It was true that he, together with the current wahrer, had saved Saluce’s life. However, that life did not have to be tied to those who had saved it. Conor did not require any sort of payment for doing the right thing. Saluce owed Dahia nothing. The Dahlian’s quiet glance moved from the approaching light of day to the silver hued man by his side, watched the other’s eyes travelling over the flourishing fields. He remained quiet, and Saluce’s voice pushed away the silence once more. A caramel coated ear perked as the topic smoothly changed and brought forth questions. The corners of the Dahlian’s lips lifted slightly and he turned his lilac gaze back to the brightening sky once again.

”Neither did I, friend,” he said quietly, thoughtful. He knew that he had grown more comfortable with the burden resting on his shoulders. Truth remained the same though; he was too young to be carrying the crown. Circumstances had not been ideal when Haku was pushed off his high horse, and Conor still believed that he had been right to take the title from his father and take that place on the top of the hierarchy. To be true it had been a consequence that Conor had not fully realized before Dahlia stood there without an Alpha. There had been no one else to take that position. That was why. Now the pack was climbing with numbers again and Conor remained the alpha male. Was that wrong? He knew that the member opinions had been conflicted at first, but from what he saw, people seemed genuinely content.

”I took the title at a time when no one else could. My father was the alpha before me, but madness ran black through his veins. He brought Dahlia war and death.” the second Dahlian war was a tender subject, the yearling found. ”Age doesn’t necessarily bring wisdom to a man's soul.” Conor shrugged then, not certain what conclusion he sought. This was not self defence. He knew he was horribly young for this role.

What the male beside him was looking for was reassurance. Unfortunately, that was not something Conor could offer. He sincerely liked the thought of having Saluce as a permanent part of Dahlia. It was wonderful to see how the territory’s vivid beauty affected others as well. A soft sigh escaped slightly parted lips and the young male half closed his eyes. There was no smile on his maw now. ”I can’t provide you with an answer to that,” he said simply. ”As a leader, it is up to the pack’s members to determine my worth and capability.” Was that a right way to put it? Carrying the crown did not grant powers. The support of Dahlias members did. He would be their leader for as long as they wished him to be. He was a mere instrument. Dahlia’s wellbeing was with him always, and while he was young and vividly aware of this, he knew with certainty that his intentions were pure of heart. ”However, I can assure you that what I do, I do for Dahlia and its members.”

[/html]
(sorry for the short post, been working 12 hour shifts and was uber tired. But wanted to get a post up to move this along)

The behemoth sat quietly taking in his words. His muzzle dipped a few times in response to his statement all the while the wheels in his head went to work on the message he received. With a soft sigh the wolf turned to look out at the blossoming sun as he sat in thought for a moment. True Connor was young but he seemed to have the wisdom needed to lead. Connor also had humility and a humble nature that surrounded him and Saluce found that a redeeming trait of the young leader.

“I’d like to join you in service to this pack if you would accept me” his reply came almost out of nowhere to the young males words. Connor had indeed impressed upon him what he was searching for. “You have everything within you to lead Connor, humility and a humble nature is not often found within leaders. So I’d like to join you. I haven’t done much with my short life of note to this point maybe I can build a name for myself here” He turned his head quietly back towards Connor, eyes still holding that power within them. Call it determination or will power but his mind was made up.

“Plus I’ve already scouted a place to start a small time blacksmithing shop” he added with a hint of laughter.
[html]
300+

This was the first time he had been confronted like this, about his abilities as a leader. Many seemed unable to determine how to deal with the male that few months ago had been nothing more than a high ranked kid bumped up by his alpha-father. He couldn’t tell why Haku had steadily moved him upwards, but when the crown had fallen it had not merely been his former ranking that caused the golden prince to bend down and pick up the blood stained title. He had believed he could find a way out of tragedy and war, and he had. Here he remained, and life was good to Dahlia and its members.

A caramel furred ear flicked as Saluce’s reply sounded in the bright morning air. He had half expected this announcement, but to hear those words spoken out loud brought forth a glorious smile. He knew that the loner’s initial intentions had been to continue his travels. He would remain here willingly as a member of Dahlia. Lavender watched this gray companion. Conor did not forge an answer straight away, but his friend was not yet finished. The praise came suddenly, but it was greatly appreciated. The young male depended on Dahlias members to help him improve. He wanted their opinions, positive and negative views alike.

The Dahlian leader’s maw dipped low in quiet thanks for the kind words. A smirk rose to his lips as the blacksmithing shop was mentioned. If the male was serious about this, then that was a fabulous idea, truly! ”I want you to know that you don’t owe us anything. But if it is your honest wish to remain here in Dahlia, we’d be honoured to have you, Saluce.” He meant what he said. While the Alpha did not know Saluce particularly well as of yet, the other had already revealed his worth in numerous ways. He had even kept his sanity when the kids were on their worst.

”Tell me about this blacksmithing shop idea of yours. I’m genuinely curious.” It would be wonderful to use the city’s resources in ways like that. Conor had walked around with plans of his own as well regarding some of the abandoned buildings that were found everywhere. The house was full of puppies and other members. The Soul male was tempted to raid the city for medical supply and useful literature and gather it in one building. A hospital of sorts, he guessed.

[/html]
[html]

Saluce smiled broadly then turned toward Connor with a spark of happiness in his facial expression. Shaking his head quietly as if fighting off an urge to laugh his form shifted its weight to better get a view of the meadow outside fighting the urge to respond in any other way then a dignified noble. “C'est mon honneur” (It is my honor) Connor. So brother you’re interested in my profession in Europe, other than being a horrid man whore, and over using my other abilities with sword and dagger. It strikes me as nice. Hopefully I can be of some worth in making items to help revamp some of these buildings, and of course build a cliental of people wanting my very adept skills at being a weapon smith?” The wolf let a wide grin escape his lips. True he had a past of getting himself into trouble with prominent female mistresses looking for a thrill with a wolf such of himself but he wasn’t going to elaborate on those exploits just yet. Since he and Connor where still going through the pains of just knowing each other maybe it wasn’t the best course of action to divulge all his youthful exploits.

“I learned the trade through a friend and books, I made my swords, which mean something to me but my dagger means the most. It’s the only thing I have that was my fathers and I’ve never been fond of going anywhere without it. Other than that normal items such as nails or anything complex as far as architecture goes would be things not too far out of my expertise to accomplish. “He paused a moment to let himself compile his thoughts. “There is a place not to far from here that would be suitable and gathering steel and other metals is just a case of scavenging human abandonments for those supplies. For the really in-depth works though I may have to rig up some form of wind mill or try to get an old human tech to work to provide some form of power to get fires hot enough to melt steel into liquid form.” He was obviously referring to a bellows to provide air in concentrated bursts to push the flames hot enough to do his work. What he spoke of would be a extreme undertaking without the necessary modern advancements of man out of his reach.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+ fail reply is fail q_q

An ear slowly twisted in quiet thought as the man spoke. He recognized the language as French, but he could not understand it well. He could guess well if the words spoken resembled the English word somewhat, but aside from that he was on unstable ground. He could not judge whether or not the man was joking as he included man whore on the list of professions. Obviously he would not bring it up, but for some reason he found his thoughts darting to Bris. Saluce was bound to interact quite a bit with her since he had spent quite some time in the alpha’s home. He brushed away this strange thought without taking the time to discover what the nature of the emotions present was.

”Very interested,” It was a magnificent idea. The packs around them seemed to slowly specialize in different things. Both Aniwaya, Phoenix Valley and Cour des Miracles were known for holding animals and to a degree working the soil. Dahlia remained nonspecific in their way of life. He liked the rich variety of members this brought, but these lands held possibilities. The packland included a whole town that could be used. They had vineyards, they had fields and old abandoned farms. They could use this. And here was a weapon smith willing to continue the skills he had picked up in Europe. The young Soul male was immensely grateful for having gotten to know this wolf, and even more so for being able to call him a pack mate.

The older male continued to speak and the young alpha listened with silent appreciation apparent in softly hued eyes. He knew little about the working of metal, but it was clear to hear that this male knew what he was talking about. ”You are free to establish your shop wherever you wish. I’m grateful that we have gotten someone who knows how to take advantage of what Dahlia has to offer. We have an entire city, but we have not really done much about it. There are many possiblities here.” The subject did not remain the same, but Conor’s thoughts were rolling now. He just had not thought that much about it in the past. ”Perhaps your blacksmithing shop could be a start,” he continued, saying out loud what he was thinking. ”I’ve been thinking about freshen up the small clinic at the end of the street here to gather our medical supply in one place.”

[/html]
[html]

Rawr

He paused a moment to let the Younger male speak. Saluce had never got the impression that Connor ever thrown his Alpha weight around at him. They spoke as if they where equals and it helped Saluce accept the fact that he would submit to this younger male. His lupus form shifted its weight for a moment as his head swiveled back toward Connor. He had spoken of a putting together a medical center, while Saluce worked to create weapons of death, Connor worked to repair those wounds it was quite a contradiction between the two.

“You know Connor, you will have to understand that while I am gentle, playful. I am a wolf of two worlds. I may pretend to fit into a world of peace but my Heart feels as though it belongs to the fields of war. I can promise you that if you call I’ll answer but know that I am out of my element in these peace filled lands. While you speak of working on your Medical Shoppe, I speak of working on making weapons of death. A woeful contradiction… As it is, it is a good idea and one I’ll help you with” Sometimes Saluce just talked too much. Almost much more then he should but he felt it appropriate for the young leader to know who he had just admitted to his pack. Sometimes Saluce would feel ashamed for letting people think he was harmless, nothing but a big gentle oaf, when the killer and madman lay underneath always surveying, sizing up, judging and weighing options for battle. Like a programmed robot his duality was sometimes so different from one another that he felt as if he where two people.

“I am trying to determine which part of me Is the real Saluce but as I think on my duality sometimes, I come to the conclusion that I am every bit of it and at the same time none of it as well.” He shook his head in frustration; his father was a family man, merchant business wolf. Mother was a kind hearted Aristocrat who went too far most of the time on some worthy cause to help others. How Saluce had developed sometimes left him wondering if his father would approve of him now… Mother always looked on him with devoted eyes even when he returned after battle.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]