sometimes I ask you to live
[html]

Private for Ruri!

It had been nearly three months since the leadership of the pack had shifted, and Vigilante was doing well for himself. He knew that Ruri was doing better than she had been, but he had not gone to visit her in some time. It seemed as though they had never had a conversation as friends, and the caramel colored King hoped that he would be able to change that. What he wanted was for them to be friends, not just two dogs leading a pack together. Truthfully, he should have sought a friendship with her quite some time ago, and he was ashamed that he had not. He should have done so, at the very least, when Jacquez had promoted him.

Today, he had chosen to stand on two legs, and he made his way to the house he knew that Ruri and Heath lived in once again. The windchimes tinkled lightly, drawing a smile forth from the usually stoic male. They were a pretty decoration, he decided as he lifted his hand to rap gently against the door. He did not know if Ruri was home or if she was in the back of the house, but he was hoping she might be. Vigilante wanted to see how she was doing as of late, and he did not know where else he should look for her.

<style type="text/css">
.vigilgift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39895; letter-spacing:1px; }
.vigilgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; text-align:center;}
.vigilgift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.vigilgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#686f81; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a39895; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.vigilgift01-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.vigilgift01-line1 {width:314px; border-bottom:1px solid #767d91; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yay for Ruri and Vigi taking a breather from pack leadership lol. Vigi had best be careful for Ruri's big, fluffy guard kitty. X3

After last night, it was no wonder that Ruri was still sleeping. She certainly hoped that her evening of 'fun' with Heath would produce the result they had both been hoping for. The merle and ivory woman wanted children so, and though she did not know much about carrying and birthing pups, she knew how to care for them and she sincerely prayed for the chance. Rising from her bed, the Dauphine stretched her stiff muscles. Last night's activities had left her hair all a mess, and she still smelled of the herbal oil she had rubbed on her body the night before. She would have to go and take a bath, just to make herself presentable. She was second-in-command after all, she couldn't go walking the pack looking like she'd just fallen out of bed. That just presented the wrong image to the rest of her pack mates. Of course, she obviously couldn't see herself and didn't care what she looked like normally, but everyone else could see her and that mattered somewhat.

Unfortunately it seemed that the powers of the universe had a different idea for Ruri's day, and a strong rap on the door jolted Ruri from her groggy state. A visitor? Here? Now? Oh why now? The blind collie woman did her best to straighten her hair, running her slender fingers through it to make her look as presentable as possible. Who could be calling on her? The answer became plain as soon as she stepped out of her flower littered bedroom. The scent betrayed the identity of none other than the King of Cour des Miracles, Vigilante Haskel. Oh of all people to see Ruri like this! Well, at least Vigi had a mate, he would probably understand. The two of them would probably just laugh about this when she opened the door. So, with a nervous smile on her lips, the lautari wrapped her hand around the door knob and opened it. "Hi Vigilante! It's good to see you. Come in, come in, we can talk inside," she greeted her milky blue eyes searching for the king's face.

At the time that Vigilante had knocked on the door, Ruri's cat, Soleil woke up immediately. He had spent the night on the couch, enjoying the fact that he had the cushion-covered seat all to himself. The large orange kitten now watched the large male dog like a hawk. He had yet to meet this man before. He would have to pass Soleil's security screening in order to be deemed safe for his mistress. However, initial observations seemed good as his blind owner seemed quite glad to see him, if not a little nervous. That was alright he supposed. For now, though, he would keep his green eyes affixed on the King watching his every move, prepared to launch himself at him at the slightest provocation.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt01-border1 {width:372px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt01-line1 {width:358px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

honest to god, I didn't see your post. D: I'm sorry! I'm so glad that I decided to tally up how many threads I had to reply to, though, and double-checked. <3 Forgive me? WotD: Galore. 300+ words.

The King was not standing there for long before the door opened and Ruri spoke, however, her appearance took him by surprise. He took in the bedraggled state of his second-in-command and the obvious smell about her, and he could not help but try to suppress the smile that formed. He assumed he was not interrupting anything right now, as the smell was at least a night old, and he could only assume that Ruri would not have answered his knock if she and Heath were busy. Vigilante could not help but chuckle at the state of her, her nervousness practically tangible. He supposed he understood why, but she had no need to feel nervous. It was what mates did, after all.

"Hello, Ruri," he said, stepping inside the house at her invitation. His eyes scanned the room, stopping briefly on the large, orange thing on the couch. A cat, he realized belatedly. He returned his gaze to Ruri, though he knew it did not matter exactly if he was looking at her or not. She could not see where his eyes settled. Still, he felt it was polite to look at her face when they spoke, even if she could not see the gesture. He was sure she would be able to tell, regardless. She was able to do a great deal, despite her lack of sight.

He chuckled. "Long night, I'm guessing?" It was not exactly his business, but he could not help but comment. He was curious to know if they were trying for a litter of their own. Vigilante wanted a litter of his own blood, but he and Ayita had not been trying very hard for such a thing. It would be exciting if Ruri and Heath did decide to have puppies. Vigilante could just imagine the little ones running around this house, the sounds of little puppy paws pounding galore.

<style type="text/css">
.vigilgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; text-align:center;}
.vigilgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#686f81; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a39895; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414449; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.vigilgift01-line1 {width:314px; border-bottom:1px solid #767d91; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No worries. With school I'm only able to reply a few days out of the week so I reply to posts whenever I can. I'm in no hurry. Whenever you reply is whenever you reply ^_^

It was her sincerest hope that Vigilante would not notice her current state, but the more she tried to hide it, the more obvious it came. And she knew it. Soft, white-furred hands moved to straighten her hair as Vigilante stepped inside. Her foot moved to gently kick the door shut behind them before turning to face the King once again. Unfortunately, the next words out of his mouth were just the ones she did not want to hear. Being a very, innocent and modest girl it was not in Ruri's nature to discuss such things as this with anyone but Heath. However, the more she thought about it, the sillier it felt to be embarrassed around Vigilante. He was her friend after all, and he had a mate of his own. He could relate. "Yeah, Heath and I are trying for a litter of our own. We've talked about it for awhile. I guess I just thought that last night was the night to start trying harder. I'm sorry the house is in such shambles. I don't normally leave it this way." She couldn't see the mess that she thought she had left, which in reality was just a few dried up flower petals strewn randomly across the floor. However, to her, the idea of entertaining a friend in an even slightly unkept home was upsetting. In all likelihood these worries were just her feelings of embarrassment seeking another outlet.

Soleil, by now, had sat up and was now focused intently on Vigilante. This male was much bigger than his two owners, though only a little bit bigger than Heath, at least to the kitten's mind. As large of a cat as Soleil was he was always smaller than luperci, especially in their bipedal form. That did not stop him from continuing his duty of protecting his mistress, however. Fortunately, he hadn't needed to aggressively protect her from anyone yet, as all the people she seemed to meet were either friends of hers or strangers with friendly intentions. The fluffy kitten did not think of it this way, but it was good that he had not had to defend her, because he would more than likely lose against a wolf. As usual, though, his claws stayed in their sheaths as this male seemed to be one of Ruri's friends. Thus, he passed Soleil's test and the kitten could now be on friendly terms with Vigilante as well. With a quiet meow, the young Maine Coon announced that he was awake to his mistress, distracting her from the anxious state she had entered

Turning to face her cat now, Ruri's attention shifted from worrying about her house and appearance to introducing Vigilante to her cat. She always introduced Soleil to her friends, feeling that it was impolite not to. Though she could not understand most of what Soleil said, she could tell when he said certain things and at the moment he was trying to get her attention. "Oh, before I forget, Vigilante this is Soleil, my cat. He's very friendly if you would like to pet him," she stated, her lips curved in a smile. Soleil's meow had accomplished it's intended task of distraction. Now Ruri could actually enjoy Vigilante's visit.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt02 {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt02-border1 {width:366px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt02-line1 {width:352px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

♥ 300+ words.

Jade eyes studied his second-in-command as she spoke, her general demeanor a bit nervous and maybe even embarrassed. Vigilante realized that he had never gotten to know her very well, though he was fond of her and he was glad that she had not left when Jacquez had vanished. The heartbreak she had felt had hurt him, as well, and he was so very glad to see that she was faring much better now. He had been concerned, as both a leader and a friend. He was happy for both her and Heath to hear that they were wanting a litter of their own. "Congratulations," he said sincerely, "and I hope we can welcome little pups into the pack soon from you two. I've seen the way he looks at you, and I know he loves you." It had been the younger male's behavior at the meeting to announce the new leadership changes tha had made it so obvious to the King, and he was happy for the young couple.

The distraction was not entirely unwanted, and he could see it put Ruri more at ease than the first thing that had come up, so obvious that it was. He turned at the sound of the feline's meow, looking at the ball of orange fluff with interest. Amaranth had found a cat, but he had not spent any time with the strange creature. A smile graced his dignified muzzle as he listened to her introduction. "It's a pleasure to meet him," he said, though he did not know if the feline would even understand what it was that he said. Hopefully his tone would convey his friendly, calm nature. "Ayita's daughter, Amaranth, has a cat, though I'll admit that I know next to nothing about felines. What are they like, generally?" He supposed he should know, given that he had one living under his roof.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the lateness

The Dauphine smiled and nodded her head in thanks as Vigilante offered his congratulations and hopes that their efforts to conceive would be successful. That meant a lot coming from the King, and she really appreciated it. "Well, I hope so too. I've wanted to have pups ever since I was old enough to know that I could, and I know Heath's excited to be a dad. So, we'll have to see," she replied, a warm smile etched on her features. She let her thoughts drift for a minute, lingering on what this little cabin would be like with little pups running around. Their little, puppy paws pitter-pattering around on the wood floor with their little yips and squeals of excitement as they played. Not to mention the things she would have to teach them to keep them safe, such as no playing near the fireplace or no jumping off the couch or the bed. There were several opportunities for pups to injure themselves in this house, but teaching them safety would be just one part of the challenge of parenthood she and Heath so desired to undertake.

As the subject turned to the large orange cat, the lautari was more than happy to answer any of Vigilante's questions. After all, it was not common for luperci to have interaction, let alone a relationship with a feline. His curiosity was natural. "Well, from what I've learned, most cats aren't very friendly, since most of them are raised by their parents to fear us and keep out of our way. However, when they are raised from kittens, like Soleil, they make wonderful companions. In many ways, he's like a pup only a bit more aloof and not always under foot," she giggled at her own words,"He catches most of his own food, and he gets whatever pieces of meat he asks for otherwise. He keeps the mice and rats out of the house, and the stables. Plus, one of his favorite things to do is sit on the couch with Heath and me and just enjoy being petted. So...yeah, that's pretty much all I can tell you" she replied with another laugh, wondering if Vigilante had learned anything at all from her rambling explanation.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt02 {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt02-border1 {width:366px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt02-line1 {width:352px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3! it's fine

If truth were to be told, Vigilante supposed he was a tad bit envious of his Dauphine and her Marshall mate. The King wanted to have children of his own but feared it may not happen. It had not happened yet, and Ayita had been seeming a bit distant as of late. He could only hope that it happened for him when it was meant to, though such a thought meant very little to him. The Haskel mutt had never been a believer in fate or destiny—no, everything that happened in life was determined entirely by one's decisions and actions. It would happen for him someday, though, he hoped. He wanted that for himself, even if it was not soon. Despite this, he was truly happy for the collie girl.

He listened to the explanation that she gave him in regards to Soleil's routine and usual behavior. He supposed that it the feline would be useful for as a mouser, but it seemed that he was more of a companion than anything. "He is cute," he said, though it was with a bit of uncertainty. Vigilante had never known luperci to keep pets, as his birth pack had been very feral and old-fashioned. Coming here to find that many of the members had horses, and later finding one of his own, had been very shocking, to say the least. "Do you think that he will be okay with the puppies being around the house?" He was curious to know what the feline might do in the presence of young, adventurous, chasing puppies.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

As Vigilante investigated her kitten, the slate and ivory woman took the time to fix her long, straight mane, running her finger's through it to bring all the hairs back into their proper alignment. Sometimes she was amazed by how long her hair actually was. She loved it, but she couldn't remember why she had chosen to let it grow this long. Perhaps it was the fact that she didn't really care about her appearance much, though that lost its truth after she began her mateship to Heath. She didn't care as much as most females, but she often found herself trying to look at least presentable. The King's compliment of the cat made her beam with pride. "I'm sure he appreciates you saying so. In all honesty, I think he understands more than I give him credit for sometimes," she replied, her hands still absentmindedly fiddling with her hair.

Vigilante's question was fairly easy to answer. Soleil had been okay the last few times he had met pups. Of course, most of those occasions had been outside the house. However, she guessed that Soleil would probably be fine with pups running around the house. Ruri and Heath would teach them not to be mean to Soleil, and so long as they treated him well she imagined he would be alright. "I'm sure he'll be alright. He's met pups before and hasn't been too put off by them it seems. Of course, we'll have to teach the pups that he's not someone to be chased or wrestled with. I bet once they learn how to behave around him that they would get along great," she replied, her head still cocked to the side as she thought.

<style type="text/css">
.ruribkwt01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b39c9c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ruribkwt01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; text-align:right;}
.ruribkwt01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ruribkwt01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ribw01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ruribkwt01-border1 {width:372px; border:1px solid #151a1c; margin:0 auto;}
.ruribkwt01-line1 {width:358px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b4b3b3; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

Her confidence in the matter was reassuring, as he knew that it was a sign that she and Heath would be good parents. His Daphine did not seem unsure about the idea of bringing pups into the world, thankfully. It would be sad if they turned out to not be ready for parenthood, in the end, because it would be too late once their children arrived, if that was what was coming to them soon. Thankfully it did not appear as if she was concerned, and the stoic King could only assume that her mate would feel similarly. Vigilante knew very little about both, as they were not close, but he knew a bit of their family histories. He knew that Ruri had been abandoned and he knew that Heath’s father was a murderer. The King knew that they would both be so much better than their own parents. The Miracles pack would aide in the raising of their pups, as well; they were a family.

“I am glad to hear that,” he spoke then, studying the young woman that seemed so certain about the outcome of something not yet determined. That was a respectable trait. “How have you been, all this considering?” The Haskel man was concerned for their lack of communication, if only because he felt that they should be closer to one another. Leading the pack together should mean that. The dog mutt did not have many close friends, though this was not that much of a problem for him. Vigilante had always been much more reserved than the more social members of the Court. It suited him well to observe more than involve himself, though he did consider himself to be very available to his pack members. They were his priority in the life he had made now, along with Ayita, of course.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]