Bookworm
[html]

It had been a long day. It hadn't been a bad day, just extensive. The soft rays of the dying twilight sun peeked through the windows of the old victorian as Bris gently eased closed the front door. It never ceased to amaze her just how much of the human-made houses still worked properly even after so long. Hinges may be stiff and noisy more often than not, but a lot of the doors and windows were still on them. Most latches and locks and things had fallen into disrepair around Wolfville, but the house Conor had chosen as his own was in remarkable shape. Most of the rooms still had beds, or at least mattresses if the bedframes had failed, and the white woman had to admit that sleeping on her fluffy queen-sized mattress on the floor of her room was far more comfortable than the floor of her brother-in-law's treehouse had been.

Bris smiled tiredly as she thought of that mattress now. Her body felt stiff from rummaging around the various jewelry shops and houses for valuable trinkets for her hobby, and she stretched her languid form to work out the kinks. Yawning sleepily, she decided to pop into the common den area of the first floor and see what sorts of books there were lying around. She'd just finished the one she'd been working on recently, a highly confusing and extensively long work by one Stephen King called "The Stand." It wasn't bad, but it had taken Bris a little longer to get through than most of her other recent reads, and she'd come to the conclusion that it was something about the man's writing style that just didn't seem to flow freely in her mind.

As she entered the room, she could hear the high-pitched voices of her brother's children in the much larger common room, and she smiled softly. Carefully, the woman made her way around the various pieces of decaying furnature littered around the floor and took the thick book she'd read from her satchel. It took her a few moments to find the place she'd taken it from on the shelves, and once she had, she set about to the task of finding her next source of written entertainment.

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]

LOL, I decided to go with the corny Saluce, hope you didn't mind.

Saluce had been quietly snooping around Wolfville after the talk with Connor earlier that day. He had been looking for maybe a place to stay permanently, one that might lend itself to a certain set of talents he had. The wolf hobbled in on three legs back into the house having exhausted himself throughout the day in his search. He had been looking for a place that would make a suitable blacksmith shop. None so far had been found but he had found it oddly refreshing to walk along the last reminders of human civilization. Without a word he continued on toward his room to search through his pack that he had found earlier that day as well before stopping quietly in the doorway to the library.

His blue eyes swiveled around curiously at the women he hadn’t quite met yet. For any wolf his age to say that her figure was pleasing to his eyes would be an understatement. It had been so long since his eyes had come across a woman of beauty that he truthfully had no idea of just how long he sat there and stared. Before long he forced himself to avert his eyes and introduce himself. His eyes drifted toward what she was studying and the books he hadn’t noticed before seemed to spark an almost inhumanely quick interest in what she was doing. “Bonjour la dame” he spoke softly, thinking it might be to his benefit that he used his French tongue in this instance. “I am Saluce, the uninvited guest that’s been hanging around here for the past few days. Excuse me for my brashness but what name do you go by?” Oh Saluce was smitten to say the least but then again wasn’t like he never was when a pretty lady was in front of him. Mother always said he had gotten it from his father, which he was always happy to hear in those days.

“So what books do you enjoy reading?” he asked as he hobbled in closer, his back leg slowly becoming more mobile but still nowhere near usable.

<style type="text/css">
.saluceforest b {font-weight:normal; color:#c1c87a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.saluceforest-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 30px 5px 30px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#424928;text-align:center;}
.saluceforest p {text-indent:25px; padding: 1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.saluceforest{margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#5b6340; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... saluce.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double#424928; padding: 300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#424928; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.saluceforest-divider {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9f9440; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
This is crappy, not nearly as good as the reply my computer ate. x.x I sorry.

Bris was aware of the male's pressence shortly before he spoke. It was true that the house so many Dahlians shared with their leader offered a feeling of warmth and safety to all who lived within, and there was rarely a time when the Stormbringer felt anything but relaxed inside its walls, but there was a difference between relaxed and foolish. It was rare for the woman to be caught completely unawares, and if it hadn't been for the male's familiar scent, her attitude toward him would have been quite different. Though they lived in the same house, and had for weeks, Bris had never actually met the injured wolf that Conor had offered a place to stay. His scent and his voice had become familiar staples of the bottom floor of the victorian house in the past few weeks however, and Bris smiled as she turned to answer his question.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Saluce. My name is Bris Stormbringer, and I know you've met my niece and nephews down the hall. They're pretty fond of you." The smile didn't leave her lips as she turned her mismatched eyes back to the books, her hand still resting on the dusty spine of the book she'd been pondering when Saluce had walked in. "I'm up for reading anything, really. My favorites so far have to be mysteries, and some of the fantasy ones. Humans had such imagination, and I'm fascinated with trying to find out what a lot of the technology aspects of the stories are. I was so confused when I picked up my first mystery and they were talking of things like cars and television and radio. It gave me a hunger to know more about them, and in researching these things I came to understand a lot more about the world they left behind and what certain things were, what their purposes were. It's fascinating, really." Her eyes hadn't left the bookshelf as she'd spoken, but they twinkled with the energy that laced her words. Bris wanted to know more.

Table by Marishka!
<style>
.bris .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.bris p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bris b {color:#d5b06a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... rishka.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family:lucida; font-size:12px; color:#777468; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; }
.bris-border {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.bris .separator{width:390px; border-bottom:1px dashed #866e42; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Tongue

The wolf regarded her words with interest nodding quietly and bowing as she presented her name to him. As it was though his shorter stature in lupus form prevented him from eyeing whatever it was she was looking for among the library. With a playful smile he let his lips open to reply “Ahh humans are interesting creatures. Their thirst for knowledge, and their taste for advancing their race where almost a very noble endeavor but they also harbored a lot of evil in them. They were so far removed from nature that they no longer could speak and understand her as we can. I have read many books written from their esteemed writers, even books about what they called werewolves, long before we came into existence.” He paused a moment realizing that he was in fact rambling with the white wolf in front of him. Unsure of if she was even listening; her features truly interested in the next find along the book shelf almost made him feel small once again. Since limited to his lupus form to travel he had found it energizing but not being able to stand up proud on two feet to discuss such fine matters left him quietly feeling inadequate to pursue her attention.

“What books have you found most interesting? I learned most of what I know of working with iron, copper, and steel from human books and a friend who had also developed those talents. But the books I enjoy most are ones of history and tragedy, maybe it’s because they are a reminder that history repeats itself, and since mother earth has given us a higher level of intelligence we could suffer the same mistakes that man made.” His muzzle dipped softly as he spoke as if remembering some war torn story or maybe the day everything had changed on Normandy. “As it is, Homer’s Iliad happens to be one of my favorites”

<style type="text/css">
.saluceforest b {font-weight:normal; color:#c1c87a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.saluceforest-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 30px 5px 30px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#424928;text-align:center;}
.saluceforest p {text-indent:25px; padding: 1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.saluceforest{margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#5b6340; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... saluce.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double#424928; padding: 300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#424928; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.saluceforest-divider {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9f9440; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]