Things that go bump
[html]

WC: 663

It was a beautiful night, a perfect night for a silent stroll along the beach. The full moon danced atop the rolling ocean waves, the grey sand seeming to glow with the kiss of the white disc's loving light. Bris moved as though floating, the moon affording her pale fur an ethereal glow of its own. The wind was salty with the taste of the sea, but warm and gentle in its caress. It was easy to forget that here was where the white woman's dark sister had lost her life.

A rustle in the distance drew the woman's sleepy attention, and she sighed softly at the interruption as she turned to see who it was. A dark form was a little ways off, and a cloud slipped past the moon, hiding the half-shifted soul in shadow. Bris knew somehow instinctually that the beast was male, and a soft smile pulled at her lips as he drew closer. It had been forever and a day since she'd seen her brother, and his green eyes were warm and loving as he drew nearer. Dark fur rippled softly in the gentle night breeze, and Bris began walking toward the male to close the gap between them more quickly.

"Where the hell have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you. You won't believe what you've been missing!" Her voice was soft and cheerful as she drew closer, mere feet separating the two as the moon finally peeked back out from her hiding place. Bris stomach lurched, her feet frozen in place as terror held her captive. Drey's eyes had suddenly changed, now blazing a sickeningly bloody crimson. His coat was no longer the warm russet Bris remembered, but rather the mottled mix of hybrid colors. Hybrid. Kol's killer stretched his lips in a disgusting excuse for a grin, and Bris found herself rooted as surely as a statue as he leapt for her, mouth gaping, fangs ready and willing to devour her...

The room seemed to shake as Bris bolted awake. Her breath came in a heavy, erratic rhythm. Just a dream, it was just a dream. Again. As she finally got control over her raging heartbeat, slowing her breathing to calm herself, Bris realized that this marked the third time in as many days that Hybrid had found her in her dreams. She'd thought she'd been handling her encounter with him fairly well, at least on the outside. Most people didn't even know about it, and she stroked her hand absently over the set of scars hidden beneath the silky fur of her right shoulder. His fangs had been aiming for her throat when they'd sunk instead into her collarbone and shoulderblade, but they hadn't failed to leave their mark behind.

Swallowing her heart back into her chest, Bris rose quietly from the queen mattress on the floor and headed for the door of her room. Her shifted feet were nearly silent on the wooden floor of the hallway, and she knew by now which stairs were the loudest on the way down to the first floor. She avoided these, not wanting to wake anyone else in the house as she made her way into the study. There was no chance she'd be able to get back to sleep for a good long while, and it was possible that some light reading would help to exhaust her enough to curl back into bed. Images of red eyes and drooling fangs cropped up unbidden in her mind as she moved to the bookshelves, her hands tracing softly along the spines of the novels as she tried to figure out which one to open. As she trailed her fingers back and forth across the entire collection on one of the shelves, the pale Dahlian closed her eyes, leaving her choice up to chance. The motion was almost trancelike, and the gentle sway of her body as she flitted across the books helped to calm her nerves.

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]

So short and crappy compared to yours, FORGIVE ME JASSY ILU

It had happened again. Lavender hues had opened to gaze upon a pitch black shroud speckled with twinkling lights. Taken aback by this impossible change of scenery, the male pushed his body into a sitting position with his arms. He turned to see flower fields shadowed by the blue-gray colours of night. Not far from Wolfville and home, but this was not the same scene that had embraced him when he closed his eyes to sleep. The optime rose from his grass green bed, brushing away drops of dew from his rich coat. Thoughts rose, carefully avoiding these things he could not understand or control. He wished he could have found excuses that he could believe in. He was upset, but not even in his own company did he not reveal his current state.

He walked home through the sleeping landscape. As he silently entered the sleeping building, he realized that he was not the only one awake. There was a presence here, and he found the white form inside the study by the book shelves. Ears were gently folded backwards against his autumn hued neck as he watched her. ”You’re awake,” he simply observed, not certain if it was the right move to disturb her. He found that he desired to spend some time in her presence though. He was not yet ready to pursue sleep again.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
[html]

WC: 432

Conor's voice was soft and warm, but it lanced through Bris' consciousness like a knife. She'd thought she was the only soul awake in the house, and she'd never even heard him approach. Apparently the trance-like process of picking a book had lulled her a bit more toward sleep than she'd expected it to. Her hand stopped on the thick spine of an old dusty novel as she turned, her body relaxing completely in Conor's pressence. He was one soul Bris would never be unhappy to see. "And so are you, oh captain, my captain. I thought I was the only one strange enough to be up at this hour of the night. I supposed we can just be weird together." The white woman smiled warmly as she teased him, Hybrid's cruel eyes in her head fading a bit to be replaced with eyes of soft lavender.

Her words were an open invitation for the male to join her in the room, and she had no doubts that Conor would take them as such. Turning back to the bookshelf briefly, Bris pulled the book upon which her hand had stopped from its cozy little spot. The cover was faded in her hands, but the once-gilded letters of the title and author were still clearly legible: "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. Bris had no idea what a "count" was, but the title sounded engaging enough, at least for later tonight. The book she'd found earlier when Saluce had found her in the very same study had turned out to be a horror story, no doubt contributing tonight to the images that were haunting her dreams with increasing frequency.

Satisfied with her book choice, Bris closed it after skimming through its pages to make sure they were all intact, and tucked it against her chest as she turned her attention back to Dahlia's young leader and the woman's closest friend. "So what manner of monster has you awake tonight? I've heard you up a few nights again, but I've never heard you leave your room. Is anything we talked about helping at all?" Bris wasn't sure if Conor had tried any of the possible sleep-aids they'd spoken about awhile back, but she had no doubts that he wouldn't suffer through things if there were a way to help. Perhaps he hadn't exhausted his options yet, or perhaps they simply weren't helping. Either way, all jokes aside, Bris' mismatched eyes held a hint of concern over the exhaustion that seemed to hang around Conor whenever she took a second glance at him.

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... onor_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

He smiled at her as if nothing had happened; as if everything was all right. He did not wish to deceive her, but it was for her own good. ”Yes, we’ll just be weird,” he agreed, drawing up to her side and allowing his tranquil gaze to travel across the worn back of the books. Although he did not look at her, he was more focus on her presence than the books. He felt slightly tense, but he wouldn’t claim that it was particularly uncomfortable. More like a sparkle in a room crowded with heavy, gray dust. Colour. He watched her elegant fingers found something they wanted and retrieved “The Count of Monte Cristo”. A classic, though he could not say that he had gotten around to read it. The young male collected everything he could get his hand on when it came to human books. The house was too full for his obsession, so he would soon have to move the library somewhere else. Perhaps to one of the actual human libraries? He did not have to bring everything home with him. Paper did not run away.

He watched the fair lady skim quickly through the book before turning back to him. Ears perked as she spoke and he felt slightly guilty for his dishonesty. He did not like what she had to say. It had been mentioned every now and then that they heard him walk around. Sleepwalking was not a horrible crime, but he did not like how he ended up places. Perhaps he was a bit ashamed of it, for he continued to play along and pretend everything was well. He had gone to see Colibri only once, but she was no longer there. It troubled him, but he had pushed the worries away into a dark corner of his mind. Had Haku managed to catch her? His sire had never been seen in these lands again after he had become an outcast (not as far as he knew at least), but the young Dahlian had several times crossed the cruel man’s scent in the neutral territories. It filled Haku’s son with dread.

”I sought a breath of fresh air,” the male said calmly, forcing his voice to sound genuine even if the words weren’t. ”Colibri is no longer in Crimson Dreams,” he then revealed, finding that he was not awfully eager to talk about the disappearance of his half-sister. Therefore he pushed on, aiming for her concern to be minimal. ”She will be back soon enough. And don’t worry about me, I’ll survive anything.” In fact he was just fine. Of course, the young male often looked worn, but his days were long and busy. The young alpha believed that change was entering Dahlia de Mai. Saluce’s general presence inspired thoughts that already had spun within the Soul male’s head for a while now. ”Is everything okay?” he asked, not certain if it was a habit of hers to read so late in the evening while the rest of the house was asleep.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

WC: 479

The floor creaked ever so softly as Conor drew up beside her. Bris once again felt her cheeks heat into an invisible blush beneath her white fur at his closeness, but she forced her heartbeat to slow. The remembered flash of his warm hand against her back appeared in her mind, and she found herself longing for more of that feeling. His touch on that cool summer night had ignited a fire of warmth and comfort within the woman's heart, and though she hid it well for all outside appearances, Bris couldn't deny that the deepest part of her wanted more.

A soft chuckle accompanied the smile at Conor's agreement in regards to their weirdness. Bris' blue and violet eyes sparkled with the laugh, her easy joy at the male's company evident. However, as Conor revealed that he had indeed sought his sister for help with his sleeping problem, Bris' smile fell a little. He quickly sidestepped the question she was about to ask, moving the conversation farther along. "I can worry if I want to. Surviving and enjoying life are two very different things." Bris' posture changed with the subject, her book-free hand going to her hip, her head cocked and eyebrow raised in disapproval. Conor was a tough one, he'd lived through countless horrors in his short year and a half of life, but Bris wanted to see him happy, not "surviving."

Before she could press the issue, the young alpha pushed the conversation in another direction. This time, he took the subject squarely off of himself and plopped it right in Bris' lap. The white woman didn't answer right away, instead taking a moment to think about whether or not she should. "Everything's alright for the most part, I guess. I just..." Her words drifted as Bris tried to phrase them the right way. She didn't want to alarm Conor; after all, Hybrid had only attacked her on neutral grounds, and though she'd smelled him just beyond Dahlia's borders, he'd never once set foot across them. Dahlia herself was safe from his twisted fun, and as long as Bris stayed within her boundaries, so was she.

Sighing softly, Bris stepped away toward the darkened window, her fingers rubbing the hidden mostly-healed wound on her right shoulder absently. "The bastard that killed Kol found me on the beach about a month ago. It didn't exactly...go well. I haven't really slept all that well since it happened, but I'll get over it." There, now at least someone knew what had been weighing on her mind so heavily lately. A shudder passed through her as she thought of the beast again, and she hugged herself a bit tighter as she stared out the window into the darkness of the night. Bris still wasn't sure if letting Conor know was the right thing to do, but it was done.

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... onor_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

His lavender eyes narrowed as she spoke her words and took a disapproving pose. While it was in many ways wonderful to see her care, he wished she wouldn’t. He feared what was happening to him, but continued to soothe his own mind with various excuses for his strange sleeping pattern. If this was trauma from the war, he should be grateful that it was not much worse. Life had been cruel to this male for most of his life and yet he had managed to hold on to his own sanity and keep the darkness inherited from his father’s blood at bay. For Conor did not doubt that there was a dark taint within him; deep where not even he could detect it. He feared that; feared that his father’s insanity would follow him and change him into a monster similar to the one that had destroyed so many lives here.

She seemed to lose herself as his question rose. Silence met him, and this worried him more than words could. Yet, he too remained silent; waiting for the words that he knew eventually would rise. They trusted each other. When she finally spoke, he could feel bad anticipation start to rise within his chest. She just.. what? The smile that had danced upon his lips this short session slowly lost its brightness and soon disappeared as worry replaced the good feeling he had carried around with him ever since the evening they been seated under the stars. Perhaps she did not want to upset him, but the male was already alarmed by now. How easy it was for this female to unsettle him. The thought brought certainty to another matter, and he could feel his chest tighten slowly and mercilessly.

She turned, stepped away from him and towards the window. The absence of her face left him cold and lonely. Words finally rose to explain then. As her words died in the stillness of the room, he could feel fury start to whip his inner walls. What did this mean? Did the coyote attack her? ”Did he hurt you?” he asked, his voice contorted; no longer soft—instead sharp as a whip. This was a breach of etiquette and he did not take the offered news well at all. Invented imaged flashed before his eyes; horrible images. They had lost so many already. He couldn’t bear the thought of losing Bris. Everyone in his life had disappeared one way or the other. He couldn’t lose her as well.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

Short but I wanna get this going again. XD

WC: 344

The tension that had risen in the room was palpable. Bris wasn't sure how long it took for Conor's voice to break the uneasy silence. It almost seemed to her like time itself stopped when her voice did, and the white woman tried to swallow the lump that had taken over her throat. It was stubborn, though, and Bris resigned herself to holding her breath while the silence hung between the wolves. Her eyes remained fixed on the darkness that lay beyond the window pane. She still wasn't sure if she'd done the right thing in telling him.

When Conor's voice finally echoed through the study, Bris sucked in a breath of air. His words were laced with hot fury, so much so that Bris could almost swear she'd felt the temperature in the room rise. The tone was completely unexpected; the woman had known the male would be concerned, but the rage that boiled beneath his words had caught her completely off guard. For a moment she couldn't respond, instead forcing down the fear that the male's anger was somehow directed at her. Of course, that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, but the unexpected reaction had sent Bris' emotions reeling.

It took the young Dahlian a few minutes to fight back the tears that had threatened to spill. Why she'd suddenly wanted to cry, Bris had no idea. When she spoke, her voice was quiet. She forced it to be steady, her hand still held over the marks on her shoulder from Hybrid's fangs. "Not badly, no. He could have killed me if he really wanted to. I think it was some sort of game to him, and I don't think he stumbled into me by accident." Bris sighed heavily as she went on, calming a bit now that she was explaining. "I just wish my mind would get over it as quickly as my body. I'm having nightmares." There, her weakness was out for Conor to see. Bris was nothing more than a silly little girl running away from a bad dream.

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]
300+

He realized now that he could have scared her. Sunset orbs lost their hard shine as he reeled in and forced himself to remember that anger would do no good here. Rationality and thought disappeared when hatred and fear infiltrated one’s system. It took time for her to respond, and in the meanwhile the man mentally whipped himself for the ugly outbreak—that he had allowed Bris to see the white hot anger that he always held at bay so well in similar situations. Truth be told he had not said anything wrong, but there were other ways to go about such things. He could not undo what had been done. He should comfort her instead of enforcing fear and nervousness on her. A deep inhale was taken and the oxygen helped his insides cool down a bit. He wished there weren’t tears in her lovely eyes.

The boiling temper immediately sought to rise as the woman’s words finally sounded in the tension filled air. This was so far from acceptable. He tried, but he could not turn his face soft and calm again. Caramel hued ears lay already flat against his rich pelt as he impatiently waited for her stream of words to end. Thoughts rushed through his heated mind, but he knew they were not constructive. He would have to wait until his brain again was clear and there was room for proper thought. He promised himself that this would not go unpunished by the Inferni member. Gabriel de le Poer was an arrogant, strict general in the young Dahlian’s eyes, but he would give Inferni the benefit of the doubt. His mind would never settle for peace now, but later he would see reason better.

There was nothing silly about the girl’s words. Conor even felt a tingle of guilt for not being there for her. Purple eyes travelled to the white pale hand that she had over her shoulder. It was hard to keep his lips sealed to deny a sneer that so much wanted to settle. Another mouthful of air was sucked into his lungs, but there were no miracle.
”But he hurt you.” he spoke with a calm voice that surprised even him. He hesitated then, incredibly insecure for a moment before he stepped closer to her form and gently wrapped his golden arms around her petite frame. ”I’m so sorry, Bris,” for what had been done to her, for everything. She did not deserve any of this.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

*squees and melts*

WC: 416

Silence once again pervaded the room at the end of Bris' confession. So far, no tears had fallen, but her mismatched eyes were watery with the threat of them. The white woman stood as a statue near the window, her only movement the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed. Her heart raced in the limbo between the two wolves as she waited for Conor's reaction. When the young male found his voice again, all Bris could do was nod in silence, affirming her leader's very simple statement. Yes, he hurt her. But she would deal with it.

Bris sucked in a deep breath as she heard the floor creak behind her. She assumed that Conor was still angry, still fighting his reaction, and was taking himself out of the room to cool his head. Truth be told, telling him what had happened between her and Hybrid had been far less ugly than she'd been afraid of, and now that it was all said and done she felt genuinely relieved. There was still the matter of losing sleep, but that was something the young Dahlian could deal with through herbs. She would simply have to force her body to sleep so deeply that she bypassed the dreaming stage altogether. Maybe then she could get some rest. Hell, maybe that could work for Conor too. He was still losing sleep, and Bris was still worried for him.

A thousand thoughts raced through the Stormbringer's mind in the void left by Conor's retreat from the room. They focused on anything and everything unrelated to the fear that bubbled in her heart around Hybrid. Yet all those thoughts suddenly stopped cold with the warmth that suddenly enveloped her. Conor's scent filled the air around her, familiar and comforting, his strong arms encircling her in an unexpected feeling of safety. His touch came as a complete shock to her; she'd thought he'd walked away. Bris' heart raced for a brief moment, and then suddenly all of the tension melted away from her body. Tears fell from her gemstone eyes before she could stop them, and the woman wrapped her own arms around Conor's. Despite the tears, the male's gentle words and comforting embrace calmed her, her lungs filling with his earthy scent as Bris' breathing relaxed. "Conor..." There were a thousand things she wanted to say, wanted to tell him as he held her close, but all she could whisper was his name. Maybe it was enough.

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]
300+

It was a bold, perhaps foolish move. Yet he knew that this was what he wanted, at least. She was not a child that he could follow around to ensure her safety. They were about the same age and yet he knew that he would always blame himself if anything happened to her. The Soul male, born from and raised with sin and hatred, always feared that he would take his warm, happy surroundings for granted. One day everything could be lost. The presence was so fragile, so tremendously precious that he had difficulties grasping it. They all dreamed of forever with happy endings, but the only thing they could count on was the very presence, and it always moved and bended, often without one’s will.

The Alpha quietly adored the contrast between their hues. They were warm and cold, autumn and winter. He loved it, and attempted to cherish the sensation of her body against his. He was relieved to find that she did not immediately break away and flee from his touch. To be honest, he hoped for this for quite some time. While he was growing confidence with every passing day with the burden of leadership, he did not know how to proceed when emotion was present. Alexey had rejected him and later disappeared. It would not have hurt so much if he had known that she did not care for him. They had both known that the feeling was mutual, but she had rejected him and eventually abandoned him anyway. Bris had slowly undone this hurt and without words told his heart that it was ready to love again.

He was not disappointed at the angle of the embrace. He could not gaze into her face and see the clear crystal tears falling from her bi-coloured eyes, but he could allow his muzzle to accidentally settle above her shoulder, close to her silky mane. Her voice fluttered like a wispy butterfly made of silk. While the coldest season of all smelled fresh and cool, Bris’ scent was richer and reminded him of summer and sunsets. If he kept her here in his grasp, she couldn’t disappear. ”I don't want to lose you..” he heard himself whisper, though the boiling rage seemed to have evaporated. There were other, more prominent feelings coating his heart with sweet warmth and absolute calm.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

*squeals!*

WC: 387

She let the tears come. These tears were different than the wracking sobs that Conor had witnessed from her at the greenhouse. They had been the uncontrolled river of grief. The tears she cried now in Conor's arms were tears of fear, but they were changing. The male's warmth and gentle care wrapped her in a blanket of protection, and her tears changed to those of relief. His very pressence soothed her, slowing her breathing and draining the terror and shame from her heart.

How many times had she dreamt of this, when her dreams hadn't decended to nightmare? She'd been drawn to Dahlia's alpha from the very beginning, though she'd initially forgotten he'd been the friendly pup with the gorgeous eyes on that night so long ago. Conor had a way of chasing away her demons, of making her feel absolutely at peace. No one had ever been able to make her feel that way. Bris had fallen long ago for the Soul male with the lilac eyes, and she'd fallen hard.

Bris had never thought she'd be lucky enough for Conor to feel the very same way about her. And yet, the way he held her tonight, with his head upon her shoulder in such a gentle way, seemed to portray exactly that. His arms were wrapped around her body in a possessing, but not possessive, blanket. The moment that Bris thought would never came was here, and she wished it would last forever. She never wanted to leave his embrace.

After a time, Bris felt Conor's breath hot on her fur, his words a part of the very night that held them in its loving arms. The woman held her breath at his voice, closing her eyes and letting a soft smile play on her lips. A final hot tear rolled down her cheek, but it was a silent tear of joy. "You won't ever lose me. I've been yours forever." The words were out before the little voice in her head could stop them. Maybe she said too much, but Bris was finally past the point of caring. If she didn't leap, she'd never know how it felt to fly. Taking a risk, the woman shifted in Conor's arms, turning so she could look up at those beautiful eyes. "Conor...I love you."

Table by Vero!

[/html]
[html]
squeee? :O

Such words were part of the eternal clichés, but this was because of the simple fact that this fluttering, warm emotion made people fear to lose perfection. Conor was no different, and so he said those words that so many had said before him. To his honest surprise, after a moment the woman spoke similar words as well. His mind quietly wondered if she could feel the frantic rhythm of his heart galloping against the inside of his chest. Such surreal words pushed him out of balance, and so for once the man found himself speechless. The pale woman in his arms turned to look up at him. There was nothing holding his gaze from hers. He had always been bewitched by that gentle soul peering out from sapphire and amethyst.

More words flooded his consciousness, and even if his face remained serene, the soul within seemed to dance on warm currents. He had carried doubts in the past when he was young and blue eyed. He recognized the feeling for what it was now, and it rushed through his warm veins like the drug it was. The Soul male had not expected such words to fall from Bris’ lips. He was taken by surprise and she knew how to shake his world, but as long as she was a part of it he would fear no storm. Perhaps he should have offered her the same words in return, but there were another desire there that he had supressed for too long now. The moment was too perfect to allow it to pass without. The golden male amended his hold around her before he leaned in and kissed her.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

*bouncebouncebounce!* Slight PP because I thought it'd be cute. XP

WC: 716

It's strange how some cliches can be so true. Bris had always read that sparks should fly with a girl's first kiss, and she could swear she felt them now. The world around the pair melted away as surely as Bris melted into the kiss. The sparks that flew from the kiss ignited a fire in the Stormbringer's soul, and she reveled in its warmth and comfort. Growing up around the loving relationship of Kol and Elliot, Bris had seen plenty of different kinds of kisses. There were the playful pecks, the sincere and soft reminders of their love, the fiery desperation of passion. Yet Bris had never seen anyone go through their very first kiss. She'd read about it plenty of times, of course, but was it really all that was described?

Bris could say for certain now that it was all it was made out to be and more. She wanted it to last forever, to remain in Conor's strong arms for the rest of her life. One hand held onto one of the male's arms, the other reaching up to caress his cheek gently. And eternity passed in a single moment, and the white woman was happy to let it stretch as long as possible. Colors seemed to dance across her closed eyelids, drifting on the warm wind blowing through her from the fire of the kiss. Conor's bold move had been one Bris had never expected, yet she had hoped for a glimmer of it for a long time. Every time they'd spent time together, she'd felt the connection between them. Yet she'd been determined to let Conor make the moves, to let him direct whichever way he wanted the two of them to go. If he'd not been the slightest bit interested in a childhood outcast like her, Bris would have let things be. Conor's happiness meant the world to the Stormbringer, and she'd be anything he wanted her to be without changing who she was.

It was with a great reluctance that the kiss was finally broken. For a moment, she didn't dare to move, just remaining close to Conor and breathing him in. The fire he'd lit within her raged to be set free, to consume the two of them in its passionate embrace, but Bris held back. She knew it had taken forever for Conor to take even this first step, and she wasn't about to try and push him any farther. The two wolves were dancing along a tightrope, and Bris had let Conor take the lead. One slip by the woman and the tenuous balance would be shattered, sending the pair careening to the ground in a tragic, painful plummet.

Opening her eyes, Bris smiled up at the male who'd so completely captured her heart. She was torn, one part of her wanting to break away and run before the fire pushed her to take things farther, the other part wanting nothing more than the stay in Conor's arms for the rest of the night. As her mismatched eyes took in the male's face, they became a bit clearer. The moonlight streaming through the window revealed the exhaustion on Conor's face. Reluctantly, the woman finally spoke, her voice a warm, loving whisper. "You really should get some sleep, you look exhausted." Still smiling that glowing smile, Bris stretched up to give the male a light kiss on the nose, unwrapping herself from him at the same time. Before she turned to pick up her discarded book and make her way back upstairs, she took a moment to place a gentle hand to his cheek. "I meant what I said, Conor. And no matter what happens after tonight, it won't ever change. Just know that." The Stormbringer knew there was a chance that things may simply revert to the close friendship the pair had had until tonight, and though the thought saddened her a bit, she was surprisingly ok with that. Conor would lead the way, and Bris would follow whatever direction he decided to take.

Still smiling softly, and not needing a reply, the white woman hugged her formerly discarded book to her chest and walked silently out into the darkened hallway and up the old stairs. Sometimes a nightmare can bring about the perfect dream.

Table by Vero!

[/html]