Watching, Waiting
[html]

WC: 332

It had only been a day since he had been found by Savina, he’d felt so at home when she’d given him food to eat, a place to stay, and told him he could stay as long as he wanted. He knew he wasn’t about to leave… not when he was sure his parents were out looking for him. Instead of looking for them, he’d learned that if he stayed in one general spot they would find him quicker. Little did he know though, he’d probably be waiting a long time.

Today he was sitting near the boarders, a ruddy brown coat against the green of the grass, watching, waiting, knowing any minute his parents would saunter up to him and he’d finally be with them again and they could go home once more. That was what he was thinking as he now smelled the borders of the packlands. He dared not cross it… not alone, but his ears were perked his eyes wide and his tail was wagging, he figured if he did this long enough his parents would sweep him up. It wasn’t like this place was bad or anything, but he knew he belonged with his family, maybe when they came, they could talk to Savina, and stay here as well, then he wouldn’t have to leave? He liked it here. He hadn’t really done much, but the wolves all seemed so nice.He sat where he was patiently, all eyes around the area he’d come from, half starving two days ago, not sure what was to come and what wasn’t.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk b {font-weight:bold; color:#F3F87F; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

sorry for the delay. <3

Artemis stalked through the tall grass of her home, tail held high and wagging fiercely. She had decided that she was on the trail of something, but she did not know what. In reality, the little silver-tipped puppy was not actually following anything's scent. She was only four months old, and she had never been given much hunting training. She spent most of her time exploring and adventuring, finding ways to escape the mansion without anyone knowing. She was usually found pretty quickly, but that was okay. At least she got out! It was always fun going on adventures outside alone, which she usually was, since her brother and sister thought she was too loud and fun for them, or something like that. She didn't really know.

Missa caught sight of someone up ahead, a puppy similar in age to her own, though maybe a little younger. The small female, still considered small even for her young age, pressed her belly to the ground below her as she slinked forward. One of her favorite games to play was pouncing on her unsuspecting victims, so when she got closer, Artemis wiggled her rump in the air before launching herself forward with a happy-sounding battle cry of, "Aha!" She didn't know whether or not she would actually pounce on this stranger or if she would tumble to the ground without even getting him, but either option was okay for her. Artemis just loved to play!

<style type="text/css">
.artemisgift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f634a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.artemisgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3e00; text-align:center;}
.artemisgift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.artemisgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#bcb68e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift01a.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f4f9fd; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3e00; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.artemisgift01-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.artemisgift01-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:1px solid #9f9f80; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 306 (3 points) OOC: Just to let you know he’s colorblind, I forgot to put that in my profile ^^;

Denali was quite a good unexpected victim because he didn’t even see her walk up. He was too late to move away when he heard a noise, and there was a big fluffy furball flying at his face, Denali tried to move but it had been too late, she’d pounced right on him, knocking him over, at first he was scared but then he saw she was only a little older, he didn’t know what she was doing though… his games had always been chase the tail, even digging, sometimes it was jump on mommies head, but he had no siblings to play with or anyone his age that were near his parents. So when she pounced on him he only moved away, he was a little timid, he’d been thinking about his parents but instead he got a pup. One that actually knocked his thoughts into a jumbled mess, He wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do, so when he sat up he just gave her a sheepish smile,

Hi

He said awkwardly… he didn’t really know how to address other wolves especially ones that knocked him head over heels, she seemed nice well she hadn’t hurt him at least but he’d never really had to worry about that… not until his parents made him run off when that Coyote tried to eat him… and he knew she was playing he could tell that… or could he? He wasn’t sure. Maybe his mind was telling him that she was playing a game. He stared at her grey form, she kind of blended in well with the grass… he thought, he was always compairing such things, he also, a darker grey could easily hide in the grass, which made him proud. He smiled at her, an unsure smile hoping she’d help him understand her game.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He and I kind of match, then. :3 I see in color, but I have severe red-green colorblindness that affects all colors. >_>

Artemis could see that she had scared him, and she kind of felt bad. With her siblings, she never felt bad about pouncing them (okay, sometimes with Parker, but not all the time), but this boy was a stranger. He kind of smelled like her mother, but only a little bit, so maybe he had met Savina already. Her tail wagged enthusiastically behind her. "Hi there! I'm Artemis Marino! My mommy is Savina and my daddy is Kansas, and I have brothers and sisters, too. Are you new here? 'Cause I don't know who you are. Did I scare you? i'm sorry if I did," she practically sang, all of the words tumbling out in a rapid fashion.

The little silver-tipped puppy knew that she was loud and she spoke too fast, but that never seemed to be much of a problem. It usually entertained adults and annoyed her brother, but other than that, there wasn't much to say about her antics. The little Marino was smaller than average, so she looked at the puppy with interest. His legs seemed short, but otherwise, they were similar in size. She was a little older, though, she assumed, given that she was smaller than she should be. Her siblings were bigger, especially her brother, Silvano, and that wasn't counting all her older siblings. Gotham, Amata, and Cambria were all much bigger than her!

<style type="text/css">
.artemisgift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3e00; text-align:center;}
.artemisgift01 {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#bcb68e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift01a.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f4f9fd; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3e00; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.artemisgift01-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:1px solid #9f9f80; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: --- OOC: Wow, didn’t know that, I thank all the stars that I have colorful eyesight… just my time for that is quite limited Sad

Denali’s tail started to wag softly as she talked, she seemed excitable, and well very friendly, Denali liked that! When he heard Savina’s name he beamed. He knew her, she’d helped him and fed him. She was her mommy? That was so neat!

Yeah I’m new here. I’m waiting for my mommy and daddy. They should be here soon. But Savina said I should stay around here, just so they know where to look for me.

Denali said, his fear from her tumble had now fled, now that he knew she really was playing with him. Wow she had brothers and sisters? He’d no siblings… what sibings he had, never had names they were gone when he was born. He was the first of his parents litter… and the only survivor.

It must be fun to have brothers and sisters.

He didn’t want to admit to her that she actually did scare her, enough that he nearly let his water out, but what she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her right? Denali never met any pups before, and could see only slight differences in her, but he knew all wolves were different so he wouldn’t judge. She was in fact slightly smaller than him. Maybe she was a little younger? And she sure did talk a lot!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Awww, puppy antics. :3 WotD: Galore.

"You know my mommy? That's so cool! Are your parents gonna meet you here? When? Can I meet them?" She fired question after question at him, though she supposed she did not really expect him to answer them all. They weren't the most direct questions, but they seemed important. Her mommy was a good wolf, though, so of course she had been the one to help out this little puppy.

Artemis' tail wagged to and fro, her mind wandering to the many adventures she'd had so far in her short life. It would be really cool to have someone to take along with her on her adventures! Silvano and Parker were not up for the adventures she went on, so it could sometimes be boring if she brought them. But if she brouth Denali, perhaps they would have adventures galore! "Sometimes it can be boring, 'cause Parker and Silvano don't like to adventure as much as I do. Do you like to go on adventures? 'Cause you could come with me sometimes, and it'd be fun!"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 328 (3 Points) OOC: <3 playing a puppy just tooooo bad they have to eventually grow up ; ;

My mommy and daddy are coming I know they are and they should be here soon, but if you want we can play while we wait!

He said wagging his tail, he knew that’s what she came around here for from the new pouncing game she had just showed him unwittingly. If they made enough noise too then maybe his mommy and daddy might hear and they’d come to see what he was doing and see that he’d made a new friend here, maybe they would want to stay if they knew he liked it in this place then he’d have something like a sibling, except better, she would be his friend! He listened to her explain how boring it could get, and then her question on asking him if he wanted to go on adventures. They younger pup brightened up more! He loved the thought of having more adventures, even the one he just had seemed like a sad memory and if he could just have really happy ones he wouldn’t have to worry about remembering why he’d left in the first place.

I love adventures!! I even walked for days and days!!

He said recalling his own huge adventure he’d just had before entering the packlands. They were scary and lonely, and long, but it was without his parents, even though he’d wished for them to be, in his mind now it was a bunch of battling rabbits and throwing a moose off a cliff kind of thought. Though none of that really happened he wished it did, maybe the adventures they had would be something like that! He sure hoped so he would so love an adventure like that, and maybe they could find treasures in those adventures so they could keep something from them! This got him all excited that his tail was moving so fast his tiny little butt was wiggling as well. He didn’t notice nor care, he was just that excited!

<style type="text/css">
.denalimountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#BAAEF3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalimountain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalimountain p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.denalimountain {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#050D15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... untain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F9CEE1; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#2B5CB8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"Noo," she gasped out excitedly, as if he were lying to her. "Tell me about your adventure!" Artemis wanted to know every little possible detail that Denali could think of, as she had never been on such an adventure before. Her mommy and daddy would not let her go out for days and days at a time, definitely not. Sometimes they got mad if she came home too late, even if she didn't mean to. She imagined they'd both be very unhappy with her if she just didn't go back to their room in the mansion one day, instead choosing to stay out and adventure more. They'd probably even yell at her for it, even.

Artemis was in awe about the possibility of going on such a long adventure that she quickly forgot that they were supposed to go on their own adventure right then and there. All she wanted right now was to hear him tell the tale of where he'd been and why, and every little detail of what happened. Then maybe she could have her own adventure like that one! Probably she should ask her mom and dad first if it was okay, though. Maybe Denali could even go with her!

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 318 (3 points)

Denali was so excited now, she wanted to hear his story? Even though it would be scary? Well he never told her he’d had a scary adventure, but it made him happy that she wanted to know. He sat again and waited thinking of where to start. Maybe from the beginning.

Well it all started when this ‘yote came out and tried to eated me!! He was really big and angry, but my daddy, he was meaner and he and my mommy started fighting, but I couldn’t’ see, mommy told me if they ever ever ever got in a fight I need to go and hide. So I did, but they didn’t come and find me, and well I went to find them, I found the ‘yote, I think he was sweeping, because he was laying down so I hurried away and looked for mommy and daddy, but I couldn’ find um, they was no where, they disappeared, so I kept walking and calling, I got so hungrey, I don’t know where food is out side sos I just kept walking and walking, it took me days and I came here, and ‘Vina, she fed me and brought me into the big house. It was scary at first, but it was a nice house. It eated me but it let me back out.

He said matter of factly. He talked fast but not super fast that Artemis couldn’t understand him. His journey had been so exciting now that he saw it from a full belly and a place to stay. He looked at Artemis

What kind of adventures do you go on?

He asked obviously forgetting about the adventure that was promised to him. He wouldn’t have minded anyway because he knew in the back of his head today was the day, his mommy and daddy would cme and find him. He just knew it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Replying WAY out of order, but I HAD to so I could use today's WotD: Hobbledehoy (an awkward, gawky young fellow)! Because Denali is so freaking adorably so! 300+ words.

Artemis settled in to hear the young hobbledoy's tale of exciting adventure, a tale full of things she could only have wished to to have witnessed, she predicted. The silver-tipped Marino girl mentally ordered herself to pay attention, because she knew that she had a tendency to wander. Artemis had never been good at sitting still or listening, so it might be hard to listen to him, she figured. But the first sentence of Denali's story had her staring at him. "No way!" she squealed, then hushed again to listen to the rest of his grand adventures. It was, indeed, wonderful.

"That's so exciting!" Though she supposed it might've been a little scary for him, Artemis thought it was absolutely and positively awesome. "Yeah, my mamma is pretty cool like that. So that means you're gonna live with us! We'll have lots of time to adventure, then!" Denali would surely be more exciting than Silvano and Parker, she was sure. Artemis definitely loved her brother and sister, but they weren't exactly as adventurous and exciting as herself.

"This one time, I was trying to sneak out of the mansion, but the door just wouldn't budge! So I went upstairs to an empty room, and I pushed the window up 'cause of the tree outside, so I could get down, and then I started to climb out. But then," she paused here, for dramatic affect. "The window monster got me! I had to tickle it to get myself out, but it almost ate me!" she squealed, cleverly omitting that she had gotten stuck and had needed help to get out.

"Then another time, I snuck out of the mansion by the door, 'cause it was open. But there was a bear! So I had to trip him to run away, and then I met Heath from another pack and learned about their horses!" She spun him the tale she had made up for Heath's benefit that day, but she knew lying wasn't good. "Well, that's how it happened except not the bear. But it could have happened!" Of that, she was certain, and she thought she would have loved it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: ---

He enjoyed that he kept his company captivated with his tale, and when he finished, he listened to hers, it was not as nearly as scary, although the window and bear parts would have scared him, he thought they were interesting and fun!

Bears are big and scary! And anything can happen! That’s what make em fun!

He said indicating the actual adventure itself, he then focused on the here and now though, what kind of adventures could they get into now?

If we was to go on one, where would we go?

He asked, curious as to what the older girl would say. He was liking her more and more, she seemed so fun, a wolf he could look up to it seemed. He wagged his tail vigorously waiting for her answer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]