immolate ;;
[html]

i'm sososososo sorry i was gone for so long. :I
i'm going to try to stay active this time, promise!

this is just Laika trying not to be awkward in front of the gods and doing a sacrifice. feel free to come in and socialize with her i guess.

wc:: ~+400

The flame flickered with the night breeze, creating dancing shadows on the walls of her small abode. If one squinted enough or looked out of the corner of one's eye, one could almost claim to see figures in the shadows, ambling to some unheard beat.
The she-wolf sat cross-crossed a good distance away from the sparks, rearranging and adding stick to her fire until it was strong and bright. A freshly killed rabbit laid on the rocks by her side, its neck awkwardly bent hinting at its death. Honestly, Laika had never preformed a sacrifice by herself, but watched a few here and there back in her family pack and it seemed easy enough. Create a good fire, say a prayer to whatever god or spirit, and toss the offering into the flames. Easy, right?
She could feel the flame's heat and it was beginning to get uncomfortable, so she rose and stepped back a few feet, rabbit in hand.
She rose her head to the sky, then back down to the fire. She didn't have much time; the sun was beginning to set.
"Uh, uh," what was she supposed to say to the gods? She never really prayed much after her brother died, but after joining AniWaya she was trying to get back to her roots although by now she remembered few of the hymns her family taught her. She would have to improvise.

"O great sun and great earth,
hear me as I honor you
sustainer of all lives,
both prey or predator,
thank you for giving us:
land,
food,
shelter,
a beating heart,
and a working brain;
warmth,
comfort,
light,
and direction.
I give to you my humble sacrifice
"

She tossed the rabbit into the flames, which eagerly overtook it and consumed it. The fire crackled hungrily as the once grey fur of the prey signed black. That didn't seem half-bad, she thought as she bowed deeply before the flames. The smell of burning meat was everywhere, making Laika's mouth water slightly.
The sun was slowly shrinking behind the mountain range and the earth seemed the same as ever; that's the thing with prayer, you never get and answer back saying if you did everything right. I mean, Laika wasn't looking for a thank you or anything, but oh well. That's life.
Grabbing a bit of dried jerky from within her house, she returned outside and watched the flames flicker in the dying light.

[/html]
[html]

welcome back! hope you don't mine me jumping in ^^ 300+

Nayati had spent the past couple days working with the hide that he had skinned from the doe that Aurèle had killed. He had a good amount of leather already himself and the tribe's stores were more or less full. He had made some various sizes of strips to use for repairing or making weapons, but there was still much of the hide left and he wasn't entirely sure what to do with it. He stared at the dead skin laid out in his hut, the corners of his mouth turning down in a frown. It was beginning to stink and he had to decide quickly what to do with it. He could ask Dawali if he had a use for it, but night was nearly upon the world and he didn't want to risk waking his friend. Onawa was curled up inside with him when she opened one of her bluegray eyes. "You could sacrifice it, you know." His ears perked up at his Guide's suggestion. "Of course, I haven't made my summer sacrifice. Thank you Onawa." Her reply was merely a sweep of her thick tail, her eye already closed again.

Gathering the remains of the hide, Nayati walked outside intent on starting a fire. To his surprise though, he saw one close by already. Curiosity peaked, the hunter walked with his arms full in the direction of the flames. The brightness of the fire obscured his vision of the owner for a moment, but soon he picked out the familiar elements in her visage. "Laika, good evening. I haven't seen you for a while, how are you doing?" He didn't know why she had built a fire, but perhaps she would be willing to let him use it to sacrifice the deer hide. Of course he would wait to ask her until after their greetings had been made and he knew how she fared. It had been some time since he had helped accept her and he felt it his duty to make certain she was fine.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#df972a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Nayati001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9e6d58; text-align:right;}
.Nayati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayati001 {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#251519; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ati001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9e6d58; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9e6d58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

c:

WC:: 302

Laika thoughtfully chewed on a bit of jerky, the flame reflected in her eyes. Part of her thought the sacrifice was a waste of a perfectly good rabbit, while another part of her was hopeful that now maybe the gods would notice her a little more. She was quite deep in untangling her agnostic thoughts before she heard footsteps.
Her head twisted around, squinting as her eyes got used to the sudden lack of light. Her sense of smell told her who the wolf was before she could see his features; the male wolf was the one who welcomed her. Goodness, that was a long time ago! What was his name? Na- something... hm, oh, Nayati? Was that it?
Laika supposed she would have to hope she was correct as he was already talking. She turned to face him and smiled politely.
"Oh, Nayati! Nice to see you again! I've been fine myself, how about you?" she said as she studied his face before dropping to the hide in his arms. "And where are you going with that deer skin?"
It was nice to see a familiar face, even if she still didn't really know him too well. In the last few months she had been feeling panicky being so far from home and being among so many strange faces and spent much of her time trying to figure out what to with her life. Should she go into medicine? Should she go back to training to be a warrior? Did she even belong here? But now she felt like her plan was set out, for the most part, and she didn't have to worry too much about what was to come. Things happen today, things will happen tomorrow, that's how life works. She just had to take it as it came.

[/html]
[html]

sorry for the wait! I'm going to try and be quicker about replies!

As he approached it appeared as if she were deep in though and he wondered what quagmires she found her mind in. She heard his footsteps though and he could vaguely see her squinting into the dark to make him out just as he had to squint into the light to see her clearly. For a moment he wondered if she remembered him, for it had been a long while and her memories of that day were most likely an jumble with all the excitement and new things to learn. When he heard her speak his name though a smile came to his face, glad that he hadn't been forgotten. "Oh, I have been fine as well. Just doing my duties." His days for the most part were pretty routine and while that may have been boring for some, he found the regularity comforting.

Laika's attention dropped to the hide held in his arms and he realized it was probably quite an odd picture, to be carrying around the better part of a deer skin in the twilight. "Oh, well, I couldn't decide what to do with the rest of this skin and I realized I hadn't made my summer sacrifice yet, so I was going to go out and build a fire when I saw yours," he said, his smile turning a bit sheepish. "I was wondering if perhaps you would allow me to use your fire? If you are alright with that, of course." Nayati certainly didn't want to intrude and wouldn't feel the least bit bad if she preferred that he make his own fire.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#df972a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Nayati001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9e6d58; text-align:right;}
.Nayati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayati001 {margin:0 auto; width:405px; background-color:#251519; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ati001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9e6d58; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9e6d58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]