Adieu to the Vast Horizon
Name - Marcus Thadeus Biscay

Birthdate - March 8th, 1999

Luperci - Yes

Species - Dog - Border Collie

Gender - Male

MSN - inceiwasalittlegirl@hotmail.com">sinceiwasalittlegirl@hotmail.com

I became interested in Souls after my girlfriend, Melissa told me about it. You all know her of course. She has requested only one thing of me for this post. I must say that I love her. I do.

After a long, hard, six month journey across the Atlantic, the horizon began to shift in front of Marcus' tired old eyes. The blue of the endless waves quickly turned to a brilliant forest green, and he finally became aware of what was happening: He had found America. Not just America, but the banks of maritime Canada. The banks of Nova Scotia. He flew down into his cabin, and re-checked his charts. On his way back up, he grabbed his spyglass, and took a look. The brilliant shore was truly a sight to behold.

Marcus had heard a lot about these lands from the Icelandic wolves, but to him, their words had not done Nova Scotia justice. Perhaps it was simply the fact that he had not seen land in 3 months, or maybe it was the striking hunger that filled his stomach, but to him, the rich land of Nova Scotia was the perfect place to make port for the last time.

Suddenly, a wind picked up, and tossed the main sail off to the east. Marcus quickly braced the mast, and began running about, checking instruments, and fastening rope. As he grew nearer and nearer to shore, his old heart began beating faster and faster, anticipating the feeling of dry land against his worn old paws. After bracing the masts, and setting his old Schooner straight, Marcus Biscay set a course for the lowest piece of land he could find that looked suitable to dock. What he didn't expect, was inhabitants.

The final stretch of his journey came to a close as the bow of 'Renette' hit the sandy shores of Riuione beach. Marcus threw his anchor onshore, and walked onto dry land for the first time in months. He then fastened a plank to the port-side of his ship, and climbed back on-board to fetch his gear. The time for exploring had come at last.
[html]

hi!! welcome to 'Souls and to Crimson Dreams, I'm Alli ^^ I'm sure Melissa can answer any questions you might have ;D but your welcome to message me (MSN- itzaallifitz@hotmail.com) if you want to chat

This was beginning to become a routine for her; Anu left her bunches of energy with the pack's Nanny and she set out to patrol the eastern borders. It happened when ever Mati had a chance to watch the three boys, and though she was happy to do such a thing for her adoptive mother, Anu was beginning to feel as if she was taking advantage of the brown female's generosity. But it was such a needed break for the single mother.

She walked upright, showing the lack of seriousness that her walk through the pack lands truly was, and plucked leaves from near by branches. Though there was a certain purpose to these walks she could not help by feel a lack of responsibility as she meandered down a well worn trail with light thoughts of summer's warm Sun and the prospect of a cool refreshing swim later on.

She knew better then to be so lax, and so her subconscious brought her towards the ocean that had seemingly produced two of their newest members. The second time a wolf had appeared on their beach Anu had had made the journey on faith that she would find someone, and now she set the course with more humor in her intention. Twice was simply coinsurance, those two wolves had known one another, a third would never happen. But still she came close to the sandy earth, twirling the leaf between two fingers and watching as her paws sunk into the loose ground. Blue eyes looked up when she neared the voice of the crashing waves and to her surprise saw something on the horizon.

Her jaw grew slightly slack, for it was not just another wolf that she found but a ship. The leaf slipped away from her grasp and the Lt. General grew slightly stiff with tension. Taking a deep breath Anu walked towards the sail boat of sorts (for she knew nothing of ships) and gleefully assumed that the captain of the vessel was friendly.

<style type="text/css">
.anuappletree02 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#86b27c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anuappletree02ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#75807a; text-align:center;}
.anuappletree02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anuappletree02 {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#f8f8ec; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 16copy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a1c997; padding: 175px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#75807a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; text-align:justify;}
.anuappletree02-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.anuappletree02-line1 {width:300px; border-bottom:1px solid #f6f6da; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html] 300+
[html]

Hi there! Yes, she has been quite helpful.

Marcus stepped out from below deck and began to walk inland. At the end of his left arm was a spyglass, and grasped firmly in his right paw was a long wooden cane with a copper grip. Dangling from his red cotton woven belt was his last friend in the world, his old flintlock pistol. Being a naturally peaceful soul, he would never draw his gun unless absolutely necessary to his survival, and the limited shot capacity of a flintlock further supported his decision to keep in holstered.

Keeping his head low, and his spirits high, Marcus began scanning his immediate surroundings for landward accommodation. Seeing that there was none, he decided that his ship would have to be enough for him as a home. This suited him perfectly, for at the time, 'The Rennette' was the last little piece of his home that he had left. Aside from the obvious nostalgic purposes, his ship was covered, seaworthy, and mobile. The perfect fit for an old man on the run.

Having successfully surveyed the shoreline, Marcus started to make his way further inland, in an attempt to find a source of food. As he walked up the beach, he made passing glances into the brush, and a sudden complacent grin cracked his rigid jowls. He spun on the spot, and calmly walked back to his ship. He walked once more below deck, emerging a few moments later with two collapsible stools. He set them up on the bow, sat down, put his equipment to rest, and called out, with purpose, and a friendly grin, "3 o' Clock... Tea time."

<style>
.marcus-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marcus-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marcus-a01 b {color:#2B5286; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marcus-a01 {background-color:#D6E2EE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/marcus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; border:1px solid #2B5286; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#374961; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.marcus-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto; }
.marcus-a01 .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #07121E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

super!

Anu was certainly amazed by the ship, for it was something that she had never really seen up close. She knew very well that something of the like was what had brought her leader Savina to these lands, as well as many other. The wolfess had never been aboard one of such size, and the fur on the back of her neck prickled at the thought of it. It was her nature to be on solid ground, the ocean was a place Anu believed would never be tamed enough for her to trust it. The only thing she had ever ridden in was a small row boat, and that was only on Rabbit lake, and seemed perfectly safe. But she had still thanked the ground she walked upon when exiting the boat.

There was a figure in the distance, and she used her keen nose to search for their gender. He, Anu found, smelled of salt just as she figured one of the sea would. Calmly yet swiftly the Lt. General made her way towards him, noticing that he was moved about the boat. It wasn't until she was within speaking distance that she noticed the seats that he had laid out, his voice calling to her. 3 o'clock? She thought, for time was not something that Anu had truly understood, but such a human aspect made sense with the male who was fully clothed and manning a ship.

Hello! Anu greeted with a small wave. He was more the cordial, and she wore a smile as she came to meet him. She looked up at the boat, watching the male as he looked back at her. You've landed on Crimson Dream's shores sir. She called up at him, her defenses and her lack of sea legs keeping her from jumping aboard willingly. What brings you here? Again she projected her voice so that he could hear her over the ocean. He seemed aged, older then she and Anu did not know that to be an easy find, but his smile made her believe he was generally harmless.

<style type="text/css">
.anujuly04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d5cecd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anujuly04-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#443e3e; text-align:right;}
.anujuly04 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly04 {margin:0 auto; width:354px; background-color:#9A8C8A; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july04.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f1f3f6; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#443e3e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anujuly04-border1 {width:356px; border:1px solid #2f2928; margin:0 auto;}
.anujuly04-line1 {width:330px; border-bottom:1px solid #aa9d9b; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html] 300+
[html]

Inquisition filled Marcus' mind as the figure of a mid-size, grey and white wolf came uneasily towards him. He quickly sized her up in his mind: Female, almost middle aged. Cultured, not humanized. Civilized. Non-governmental. Un-organized societal functions. Marcus had always had the uncanny ability to size others up before verbal contact had been made. This often led to him formulating first impressions that were spot on far before a first impression should be made. Unfortunately, this also often led to him being completely wrong in his deductions, making for unpleasant, and sometimes life threatening circumstances. Especially when one mistakes the alpha male in Berlin for his mate's grandmother. But that story is for another time.

Seeing that the female before him seemed reluctant to approach his ship made Marcus feel uneasy. Was he truly so far away from home that even his appearance was frightening to others? Truthfully, he hadn't expected intelligent life in this part of the world. The Icelandic wolves had only supplied him with the knowledge they had gained from the 'ancient runes' they possessed. The proper names for these 'runes', as Marcus corrected them, were books. Marcus was allowed to take many of the charts and maps from the Icelandic archives, which all detailed passages and routes to this new part of the world. But out of all of the cartograms provided to him, never had Marcus read of this 'Crimson Dreams' shore.

However puzzled he may have been, Marcus would have to review his findings on a later date; a question had been posed to him. "Stories for another time, my dear. The winds which brought me here are of dreadfully bad taste when brought up on a first encounter." He stood, grabbed his cane, and began to walk down his boarding plank. "In all honesty, the only thing you need to know is that I've been traveling for months now, and am in need of a good spot of tea, and some pleasant company, if you would oblige." By this point he had reached the sand, and stopped.

The thing that Marcus found remarkable was not that civilization had reached so far out into the world, and not even that somehow, his capacity for dialect had allowed him to understand this female native's accent. No, instead, he was amazed with the skill he still possessed in speech. It had been half a year since he had spoken in anything other than awful grunts and primitive hand gestures. The Icelanders had not yet developed a strict linguistic code, and so any speaking they did was disjointed. Mostly they just pointed at things and grunted. He dismissed this thought, and decided to ponder it later on.

Marcus snapped out of his thought process and broke the silence he had created. "My name is Marcus Thadeus Biscay. I mean you no harm. Now please, do come along." He smiled, and turned about to head back on-board.

500+

<style>
.marcus-a01 {background-color:#D6E2EE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/marcus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; border:1px solid #2B5286; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#374961; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.marcus-a01 .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #07121E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He was a stranger, a male coming forth on a ship and landing ashore on her pack lands and looking a bit peculiar. He was older, but not so that she would allow all her defenses to be lowered entirely. The fey watched as he made his way down the ramp and off the ship. Her smile changed, cocking to the side as she listened to the old wolf speak. Walking with the cane made her want to believe him even more, it was easy to for she could tell immediately that he was genuine. My name is Anu, I am the second in command here in Crimson Dreams. Was her response. His thoughts of her primitive nature did not reflect in how he looked to her. The female wore nothing, carried the same and looked and smelled as natural as the forest that lined the beach’s edge. Though his way was not alien to her, Anu did not see it daily and could not help but look more then once at his dress.

Anu gave a nod, fighting back the notion that there was protocol to adhere to and questions that need to be asked. Those stories were for another day, just as the male had told her so. His grizzled muzzle was hard to detect with his pale fur and coli markings that were dappled over his face, but as she drew close Anu could not help but smile a bit wider while she looked him over. We’ll stay anchored? Anu questioned him jokingly, making her way to the plank and step on it gingerly at first and then solidly once she felt comfortable. She would like some tea, though she had never had any. Once they faced once another she wondered aloud, Where do you hail from Marcus? Even those that wandered as much as he did had been born somewhere…

<style type="text/css">

.anujuly09 b {font-weight:bold; color:#88b4ca; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anujuly09-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#203b48; text-align:center;}
.anujuly09 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly09 {margin:0 auto; width:365px; background-color:#e8e3cf; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july09.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b9d5e3; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#203b48; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anujuly09-border1 {width:367px; border:1px solid #3d424f; margin:0 auto;}
.anujuly09-line1 {width:343px; border-bottom:1px dotted #dbcabb; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html] 300+
[html]

It felt strange for Marcus to simply welcome a complete stranger into what he would now call his home. However, this new female felt oddly safe to him. In fact, this entire land felt safe to him. It was as if the entire area surrounding him was covered in a thick veil of peace and tranquility.

As Marcus head toward the boarding plank, he heard the female announce her name and title behind him. He had a moment of slight diffidence, wondering if she would want to join him or not. He then heard steps closing in behind him, and had his mind put at ease. "We'll stay anchored?" joked Anu, as she took her first steps onto the boarding plank. Marcus emitted a faint chuckle, and without adjusting his stride, proudly remarked, "Yes. For some time now, I imagine." He then sunk away into his cabin to check his tea box, and emerged naught but seconds later, finally making eye contact with his guest.

Looking into Anu's brilliant blue eyes, Marcus switched focus away from her surroundings and began to deduce her life. Eyes old with the burden of experience. Leader. Yes, she said that of herself. Second in command. Forehead slightly aged. Indicates harsh decisions in the past. Possible regret. Great power of command infers a possible banishment? Grey follicles indicate either age or stress. Age... Must be maximum 7. Rules out age for greys, therefore, only possible conclusion is stress. Banishment must have been a loved one, or someone of great value. His eyes shifted lower. Muscle density less than average. No signs of battle, no scarring, no burnt fur. Indicates no physical conflict in the past. His eyes moved again. Widened hips; indicates the giving of birth. Wide muscular patterns signify broadness of shoulders. Males. Estimate: 4. His gaze shifted a final time, back to her eyes, but before he continued, Anu spoke. "Where do you hail from, Marcus?" He suddenly remembered where he was, and who he was speaking to, but not without first giving a blank impression on his face.

He shook his head slightly from side to side, as if to shake himself free of a light daze. "Oh yes. Yes of course. I'm afraid I had completely forgotten. You have no idea who I am at all, do you? I do apologize. Yes, I suppose you do deserve to know at least my place of origin. After all, you did come to greet me." Marcus raised one finger, as if to say 'hold on', and slowly walked inside. He emerged with a teapot, already steaming, placed a bag inside, and started towards Anu. It then occured to him that she may have never seen tea before in her life, let alone a steaming pot. He attempted to reassure her, "Don't worry, this old thing isn't as ridiculous as it appears. It tastes wonderful once all is said and done." He sat at his stool, and placed the pot on a bulkhead, ready for later.

Sensing Anu's inquiring mind, Marcus began to explain. "I'm sorry if some of the places I mention don't make much sense to you. I imagine if I have only just now found a land such as this, then you won't have heard of my home in the least. Still, fair is fair" he began, "I was born in a place called Chiswick, in England. Throughout my life, I have travelled all over Europe. Eventually, I had traveled so far and so wide that I was made to leave my home and sail the sea. My journeys led me to a place called Iceland. At least, that's what my map called it. From there, I made my way here, and now, I'm sitting here with you." He looked at his teapot with a faint grin, pondering his next question's relevance. He looked up at Anu, smiled, and asked, "So, how are the puppies?"

600+

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She stood on the boat and felt less unease then she had imagined. Her legs were much more solid on this ship then on the small rowboat she had shared with a pack mate. Her brows rose slightly at the new feeling, her foot paws touching the worn deck beneath them, the smooth wood grainy in places from the sea salt polish it must have received for years. She looked around liberally, not hiding her curiosity but remaining silent and simply looking in the hopes of quelling her wonderment. Marcus had disappeared, but only after telling her that he had no intention of taking up sail any time soon. There was a bit of relief felt in the fey’s chest. No one wished to be captive aboard a wayward ship, she was sure she would get sea sick. Anu stood in a single place until he made his hasty return from the insides of the cabin.

His eyes were impossible to ignore, but it was not the sort of stare that she held weighing on any self-conscious parts of her mind. She ignored how he might take her in, for she had been doing the same. While he pondered her past, her age and whatever might come of a single glace to her face and form Anu had already decided what he was. A stranger, and a wanderer. Who he was would be determined, and the female was not one to rush things that were going so pleasantly. Her question floated through the air, hoping to acquire a bit of knowledge towards the ‘who’ that she wished to get to know. Though she could not help but notice his glassy eyes expression and as he rattled his brain out of it the male gave her his answer.

Anu kept quiet, as was her nature, and listened as well as waited patiently while he spoke. It was quite the sight to see, the male receding back into the bowels of the ship and then back again with a teapot. She thought of the teapot that still sat in her room, the memories surrounding it. Its not ridiculous at all. She commented with a small smile.

A seasoned traveler, though the look of his face as well as manning a ship alone hinted to it. Of course Anu had never left land, or Canada if she cared to look at a map or learn to read one. Beasts of this nature were curious creatures to the earth bound woman. She could not help but wonder if he missed the softness of soil, the shade of trees and the crisp fresh feeling of morning grass under his paws. But she remained silent, allowing him to tell her all she needed to know, finding that he was not shy at the least. Her pace allowed his next question to come forth before any response could be given. The mother was not taken aback by his forwardness, their scent was all over her and her initial weariness could be attributed to a protectiveness of her new litter.

She cleared her throat lightly, There are many from Europe that had settled here Marcus, my alphess comes from Italy. But I have never met someone so well traveled. I have only heard stories, but I fear that these lands may be meek compared to what you might be used to. She looked at him, her soft and gentle smile remaining. And they are well, thank you. It was nice of him to ask.

<style type="text/css">

.anujuly10 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ce9915; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anujuly10-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#543500; text-align:left;}
.anujuly10 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly10 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#e9c380; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july10.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #543500; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#543500; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anujuly10-border1 {width:402px; border:1px solid #e9c380; margin:0 auto;}
.anujuly10-line1 {width:376px; border-bottom:1px dotted #543500; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html] 500+
[html]

Marcus receded somewhat back into himself. Anu seemed uncomfortable. Perhaps she had been insulted by his forwardness? He had, on occasion, been known to overstep his bounds. He thought, at least he had said not said something too personal. A comment on her troubled past may have tipped the scales against him. Then he realized: Of course I would know of her spawn! A normal individual would be able to smell her even when the smell of the sea is so overwhelming! Marcus' heart dropped. He had lost his sense of smell years ago, in Spain. Bulls run rampant through the entire country, and when one wears a burgundy waistcoat, he may as well be walking on the sun. But that is a story for another day.

Since the accident in Spain, Marcus has had to rely on other mediums for perception. He found that the method of deduction (something he read about in a charming English book) works incredibly well in loo of a strong nose. He then heard Anu speak. Good. She had not completely dismissed his remark. But Italy! Oh, the times he had spent in Italy. "I would be honoured to eventually meet this Alphess of yours. Italy is a wondrous place." He began to reminisce with an overlay of melancholy. "With such buildings. Buildings which you could never imagine. Not in your wildest imaginings. Such ancient, and grand buildings, and yet such simplicity, and strength." He paused. "If you like, maybe I could tell you about it... But not today. Today, tea and stools."

Looking at Anu, she seemed to be awaiting a response. Marcus then remembered her previous comment. His heart sunk once more, and his brow receded. He had remembered his reason for coming. "What I am used to..." He continued. "My dear, I do not believe now is the time to tell my story. But alas--." A frown crossed the entirety of his face. He would have started to cry, if his tears had not dried up long ago. "Anu, I am dead. I cannot go back to 'where I'm used to', because there, they have killed me. I did not make this journey by choice. I had to leave. My family, my mate, my pups, my friends---." His head dropped, but not in sadness. There was more to the story, but he just could not yet bear to say it out loud. "I had to leave them. I came here seeking a new life. I came here to do some good." His face went straight. A choice had to be made. "If you do not see me fit to stay, simply say the word. This has been only the first place I have landed. I can travel elsewhere, if you so desire. But if your entire pack is as friendly, and as welcoming as you are, I see no reason why I would want to leave. I would like very much to meet this Italian Alphess of yours. And your pups, maybe I can teach them something. He hesitated. Anu seemed the peace loving type, but if Crimson Dreams held a pack, there must be more out there, and where there are more packs, there are vicious leaders who want to expand their holdings. "Back in my home... In all of Europe, really... They used to call me 'The Musketeer'". He realized the obscurity of his reference. "That's from a story book. The greatest swordsmen and gunmen in the land, were the Musketeers. Of course, I cannot go by that name anymore, but my skill with a sword and pistol are unmatched. I could teach everyone here of my past, and tell great stories to all, if you would have me." Realizing that he had truly overstepped his bounds, Marcus shut his mouth, and turned his head away. The tension in his mind grew even further as he glanced at his pistol, which was resting on the deck. If the rest of the pack was as pacifistic as Anu seemed, he might have to choose between a new home, and his old friend. he continued to stare at his gun, and seeing Anu's face out of the corner of his eye, decided to keep it hidden away. On the exterior, his body would have looked like that of a retired knight. Honourable, yet disappointed that he could do no more to serve his purpose. However, on the interior, his life was standing still as he awaited Anu's reply.

500+

<style type="text/css">
.marcus-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ADD8E6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.marcus-a02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.marcus-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.marcus-a02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://miserymagazine.webs.com/Marcus%20Table%202.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: Chaparral Pro, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#85ADAD; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The wolfess was one to take a step at a time, and her thoughts moved in very much the same direction. His world had come and stumbled upon hers, the human like civilization was something that she needed to get used to with such a dose and so unexpectedly. Anu stayed out of the human city as best she could, but that place was unlike the Europe that he described, which made her believe that it was much more amazing and three times as old. Her own buildings were the eldest trees that had been rooted here before even the humans could build their cities, they were the strong boughed oaks, the birch barked alder and the firred cypress. Trees that she had always known, trees that protected them all and those that she had honored in the naming of her sons. That was what she knew, but her mind was not closed to the images his described.

Where he was talkative the female was silent. She waited with patience for him to explain his true purpose, and once he begun the background that she had been hinting at she watched the emotions that played on his white and merle dappled face. He had been banished, for something unknown, and yet Anu saw nothing that spoke of his indecencies. He was genuine, and she smelled no lies on him, and an honest wolf was always welcomed in her home. In a time ago he would have been a formidable ally and she understood through his tone that it was his experience that he sought to share, perhaps more then proving his skills. Anu allowed a moment to pass, taking in the story and wondering how it was that he happened to dock upon this beach and not another.

She was without a mate, raising her three with the pack as her main support. The female had already asked others to impart their skills to the babes before they had even been born, and his offer was not ignored at the least bit. She simply tucked it away in her memory. I am sorry to hear that you had to leave your home. She began, her water colored eyes washing over his face and reading the unease. We are always open to those that need refuge, it is our hope to give peace to those that have been without it. She paused, hoping that he would heed her words but also be comforted by them. If you wish for a place to rest then you may do so here, and if it’s a new home your looking for then I see no reason why you would need to travel any further. She paused, then asked something that was to her a bit selfish in nature, her tone was a tad hushed her eyes fleeting to the side as she thought about keeping it for another time but then asked anyways, Could you teach them map reading and navigation? Anu thought of the pups, and if there was anyone that could give them something that she didn’t have to give them herself it was impossible for her not to inquire about it.

<style type="text/css">
.anutulips b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebb3b1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anutulips-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#808080; text-align:right;}
.anutulips p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.anutulips {margin:0 auto; width:330px; background-color:#ecf2fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tulips.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #808080; padding: 0px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#808080; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anutulips-border1 {width:332px; border:1px solid #e3e7ec; margin:0 auto;}
.anutulips-line1 {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dashed #ebb3b1; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html] 500+
[html]

Anu's calm voice hit the back of Marcus' neck like a morning dew. His heart climbed back up into his chest, and he turned to face the one who would be so kind to him. The last person to be so kind was his dear partner Alisa, and she was now long out of his life. Anu somewhat resembled Alisa. Her light grey fur, her wonderfully glossy blue eyes. If only Anu had a system of white spots running throughout her body, Marcus may have mistaken her for an hallucination.

Peace fell over Marcus' body. They would let him stay. Finer words had never been spoken. But he would need to speak with this Italian Alphess if he was to truly feel at home. "Thank you my dear. It does an old male proud to be accepted into a place as beautiful as this. But look at me, I've completely forgotten our tea!" He winked. "Must have been the company." Marcus stood, and began to make his way inside to get some cups, when he heard Anu's voice behind him saying, "Could you teach them map reading and navigation?" Marcus chuckled. "My friend... I will teach them whatever you want me to." And without a word more, the old wanderer walked inside, and emerged seconds later with pewter cups, and a wide grin.

Marcus sat, and poured the tea into two cups. He then placed the pot back onto the bulkhead and passed Anu her cup. He took a sip, and placed his cup down on the deck. With his free hand, he had already taken out his right fob watch. He looked at it rather surprised, shook it slightly, and put it away. He then took out the one on the left, and smiled as he glanced at it. "Quarter past four now. I'm usually through at half three. You must really know how to keep me talking!" He then realized the real reason he had taken so long. "Then again, I do believe anybody would have a craving for conversation after half a year without." He chuckled, and sighed. His life had started to look up. He now had a place to anchor, a pack to follow, and at least a few minds to tend to. Marcus could finally start to rebuild.

He turned to Anu again, and slapped his paw against his knee. "So about your Crimson Dreams here. It can't be limited to just this beach. Please, I have spoken of my home. Tell me of yours." He smiled a large, inquisitive smile, and wondered what fabulous lands lay past the beautiful sands he had landed on. He could see mountains in the distance, and he could hear the slam of a river, as it crashed against the sea. What other wonders could this land hold, and how many more of Anu's pack would he need to meet? It was all so exciting to him, and yet always, the unrelenting nag of his past lay dormant in the back of his mind.

500+

<style>
.marcus-a05 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marcus-a05 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marcus-a05 b {color:#FDF252; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marcus-a05 {background-color:#A87B58; background-image:url(http://miserymagazine.webs.com/Marcus%20Table%205.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; border:1px solid #2B5286; font-family: Baskerville, serif; font-size:14px; color:#2B5286; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.marcus-a05 .separator{width:360px; border-bottom:1px dotted #2B5286; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I'm having you titled, we can start to wrap this thread up ^^

Anu found something comforting in the older male. His presence was a relief to the Lt. General, even if she could not place the reasoning for the lifted weight. He reminded her of her father in a small way, whom she had not seen in many many years, and perhaps it was this that made Anu feel at ease. Or maybe it was something else. There was a small weight to bear being a leader of a pack, a responsibility that she had not been born and raised for. Her age was something that brought wisdom to the pack, and being the eldest was not always an easy task when enlightenment was needed. But she didn't hold that rank any longer.

His words were brightly spoken and encouraging, and she took the seat that was offered to her and the cup of tea that was handed. Her eyes glanced around, taking in another point of view from the stool. She sipped the warm tea, tasting the earthiness that the leaves gave the water and finding it different then she had expected. It had been easy to smell as it stewed, but now she took in the rising wafts of steam and feeling a slight warmth in her lungs. This is delicious. She commented, still keeping fairly quiet and letting him speak.

At his question she smiled, sipped once more and then gave her description. The pack lives in a old human-built mansion that we call Haven Manor, Anu began, taking another small drink from the cup she gingerly held, it sits near a large lake. The rest of the lands is forested, or old farmlands. That was her world. The rest, There are five other packs in this region, they are mostly friendly It was all she could say, unless she hoped to bore him with the rumors and stories she had heard. Pausing slightly she then added, since we are friendly with them. Such a thing was extremely important to all of them. An old city lays to the east, it was once known as Halifax. Or so I have been told. She sipped once more, her cup almost done. Anu looked down at it a bit perplexed And would you teach me how to make this tea? She gave a smile when she returned her gaze to his.

<style type="text/css">

.anujuly08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9b9571; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anujuly08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#808080; text-align:left;}
.anujuly08 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly08 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#010100; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ly08-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9b9571; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#808080; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anujuly08-border1 {width:402px; border:1px solid #010100; margin:0 auto;}
.anujuly08-line1 {width:376px; border-bottom:1px dotted #554e4d; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html] 300+
[html]

Agreed. I've already gotten an offer for a new thread XD

What is it that draws one away from home? Is it the thrill of adventure, or simply the lust for discovery? Both attributes were familiar to Marcus. He had travelled all over the world he had known, and with each new location, he felt the rush of adrenaline as he set foot on fresh soil. He looked at Anu with disbelief. She had never been away from this place. Had she never wondered about what mysteries lay across those deep waters? Even a well travelled man such as Marcus had speculated over the possibilities of Utopia. Why else would so many have flocked to westward ships? He had seen them go in loads the size of stars. So many men and women who climbed aboard ships and sailed into the never ending horizon. Bellatrix Stone and her pack, Carlisle Marconne and the crew of 'The Partridge', Rurik Russo and 'The Syemv', all chasing the sun as it set in the west. Marcus had found their paradise, and although he had only fell privileged to it through an horrific twist of fate, paradise, if only by the happening of terrible circumstance, is paradise nonetheless.

Marcus soaked up as much information as he could about Crimson Dreams. The large lake Anu referred to must be Lake Rossignol, the one he had seen on his map. He remembered the Mersey River, to the northeast. It would provide him with a clear passage into the lake, if the Alphess would allow it. Marcus held a tremendous respect for this Italian. In his eyes, any leader who could keep peace in their time was a leader worth noting. He would definitely need to walk the territory to get a feel for his surroundings. Perhaps he would seek out this 'Haven Manor', and the pack which resided within. Then, he thought, he could make reimbursement somehow to the pack who showed him such kindness. But he was getting ahead of himself. Anu had not even gotten back to tell the others of his arrival. Although Marcus did want to make acquaintances, he thought it best that he rested first, in order to regain the strength lost in his approach.

The old man flinched. "I beg pardon? Ah, Yes. Wait... YES! Yes of course I will teach you!" Marcus laughed at his daftness. "It just so happens that I have a book filled with delightful herb combinations, which I have been eager to use. Perhaps sometime in the future, you and I could head out on an expedition to find some ingredients." He began to stand." But now, my friend, I do believe it is time for us to enjoy the company of others. I have travelled long and far, and I feel my old bones beginning to ache." Marcus did not really want Anu to leave. He had been enjoying her visit, and was never too keen for the time of farewell. But sadly, he really was in need of rest. It had been a long trip, and a long time since he had had a good night's sleep. He began towards his cabin, but stopped mid stride, to speak, "I really do appreciate this, Anu. In another life, I would have given you the world and a paper plate." He chuckled. Marcus was somewhat partial to obscure jokes. Especially ones where he knew he was the only one in on it. His tone grew sincere once more: "If ever there is something you need, I will always be around someplace. You need only shout; I may be old, but I haven't lost my speed yet." Feeling content with his words, Marcus continued towards his cabin, making sure to kick his pistol in before him. He would not need to take it out ever again. As he took the first step down, a final thought entered his mind. He spun around, grasped the sides of the entryway, and said,"Oh, and one more thing. This Alphess of yours... She must have a name?" his head cocked to the side, and a familiar grin finding it's long lost place on his grizzled old chin.

500+

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I'm not surprised at the least Big Grin, please let me know when you've read this (PM or MSN) and I'll archive this ^^

He had things to teach them all, and the Dreaming wolfess would be grateful to learn from him. She had not learned many of the human things that other did, she knew not how to read or how to ride a horse. She had never lived under a roof until she had joined Crimson Dreams, and had never held a book until this spring in which she had only looked at the pictures. It was not her way, but she didn’t judge those that walked that path. But there were still small things that she hoped to understand, just as what it would take to make use of the teapot that her past lover had left her. She watched him as he found his focus and began to understand what she was asking.

She had figured that he would need some time before arriving at the Manor, and by the look of the sun it was getting late. The wolfess rose as he did, placing the cup down and and walked towards the plank she had climbed to get onto the deck. Nothing about this place was foreign to her now; his company had made it as familiar as her own home. Her smile was soft, a thin black line across her face.

I’m glad you’ve decided to stay Marcus. was all she said, then gave him a nod. The boys would be missing her, as would their Nanny. They were good puppiess, but there was only so much that one could be taken from pups that were not yours. She turned as he questioned her one last time, Savina Marino. She replied, then turned to leave him. She wondered when she would see hi again, and hoped that he would settle in the Manor rather then storing away on his ship.

<style type="text/css">

.anujuly11 b {font-weight:bold; color:#470404; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anujuly11-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3d3d3d; text-align:center;}
.anujuly11 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly11 {margin:0 auto; width:336px; background-color:#fbfbfb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july11.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #838282; padding: 190px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3d3d3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.anujuly11-border1 {width:338px; border:1px solid #fbfbfb; margin:0 auto;}
.anujuly11-line1 {width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #838282; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html] 300+
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.