Create a Territory IV
[html]

Create a Territory IV
Spread the loving!

___ It has been noted time and time again that the Bordo Occidental Territories do not get much love. Perhaps it is their lack of awesome, or simply that with three territories, there is only so much awesome to go around. With this in mind, the 'Souls Assemblage is asking for your help to create either a territory or a sub-area of an existing one. We would like to have territories members want, so it's all up to you guys!

___ We are looking to create a total of one (1) new territory, and a maximum of five (5) new sub-areas. For the purpose of this contest, we will be accepting submissions for the single new territory first. Once this territory has been created, it will be added to the map so that others can potentially enter sub-area ideas for this new territory. This will also allow for other popular territories to be reworked as sub-areas!

___ Please remember that Bleeding Souls is located in Southeast Canada (our weather is based on Nova Scotia, specifically). If you need some ideas to get you started, take a look at the area section of the website, or Wikipedia's geography of Canada article.

___ All territories should be in Bordo Occidentale, which is essentially Bleeding Souls' north westernmost point. Check the territories to see where you can make a sub-area!

Important Dates

March 10 Submissions for Territories open.

March 17 Submissions for Territories closed; polls for territories created.

March 22 Polls for Territories closed; winners announced.

March 23 Submissions for Sub-areas open.

March 30 Submissions for Sub-areas closed; polls for sub-areas created.

April 4 Polls for Sub-areas closed; winners announced.

How to enter

___ If you have an idea for a territory, reply to this thread by the ending date. Once the due date passes, a poll will be made asking for members to vote on their favourite. Please reply with the following form, including all the necessary information about your territory:

Territory Name:

Your Name/ Alias:

Territory size in square miles:

Approximate location on the map:

Territory Description:

If you need some ideas regarding the length of the description, take a look at our current ones to get some ideas!

What You Get

___ All winners will be credited in the description of the territory or sub-area as being the creator and remembered forever!

[/html]
[html]Territory Name: Anneau Du Feu

Your Name/ Alias: James

Territory size in square miles: I'm not sure what to put, because it's a rinnngggg D: Do I include what's inside it? Just the length of the ring would be around 120 miles.

Approximate location on the map: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/phys...is/anneau-1.gif

Territory Description: Anneau Du Feu, or the Ring of Fire, surrounds the three territories of Bordo Occidental. Tectonic plates have shifted to create black hills littered with obsidian and pumice, with contrasting orange, stone canyons in other spots. Some of the canyons lead into darkness but others show more merit; unexplored caves wind beneath the dormant Acheron Peak, leading deep into its thermal core. With a bit of digging, a curious soul might find a wealth of knowledge, as millions of years ago this part of Bleeding Souls was home to a variety of dinosaur species. This is a particularly dangerous piece of land, though; occasionally, small tremors shake this territory, closing some of the more fragile underground complexes forever. [/html]
I will be entering.
AND I LIVE IN NOVA SCOTIA IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS LIKE! ;D Just PM me. <3

Spring keeps syking us out.. like we'll get a couple warm days like last week, then BAM SNOW. >/
Territory Name: Blockstone Quarry

Your Name/ Alias: Void

Territory size in square miles: Pretty small, I'd say. Maybe not even a mile square, it would have to be a sub-territory, I'd think.

Approximate location on the map: That unexplored space just to the north-west of Ames de le Mort, or just a sub-territory of Ames de le Mort.

Territory Description: The grey waste of Ames de le Mort stretches on and on, and ceases abruptly at the rim of the great Blockstone Quarry. The earth turns sharply downward for fifty feet and more before it reaches the hard rock floor, with powdered stone in the high places and the damp stain of recent water that runs in a channel down the middle where the rain accumulates and runs after each storm. No life grows in the quarry, and only the curious ever go down to explore. There are precious few safe routes down into the quarry; those that do exist manifest as blocky stone stairwells that twist and wind down the otherwise sheer rockface, treacherous to all but the most sure-footed canines.

Edit--> My bad on creating a subterritory so early. I guess it can be ignored if we don't want to consider subterritories yet?

Territory Name: The Sugerwoods

Your name/alias: I'm still Void.

Territory size in square miles: I'm trying to find the standard size for a maple farm, but I'm having difficulty. We could assume that it's maybe ten miles square?

Approximate location on map: Just south of the concrete jungle, so right outside of civilization.

Territory Description: Years and years ago, before the rise of the wolves, humans tapped nature's bounty in whatever ways they could. The Sugarwoods, as they called them, were a densely forested range of maple trees, whose sap could be tapped and drained into processing structures called sugar houses, where it was then boiled into the desirable product: maple syrup. The humans are gone, but the tools of their activity remain. The sugar house has long been empty of the humans that created and worked it in the days of old, but still it stands, waiting for the harvest of sweet sap to begin again.

--Note: I did some research for this one. People usually use plastic tubes to continually tap the trees for sap, but the trees heal the wound through a process called 'walling out'. I'm not sure if this would pop out the taps, or encase them in new growth over time. We could say it was an old-style maple farm and say they did things by hand instead of by plastic tube--
Territory Name: Dawn's Breath
Your Name/ Alias: Tammi
Territory size in square miles: 120 sq miles
Approximate location on the map: West of Storm and Ames
Territory Description: A short distance west of Ames de la Mort and Storm lies the grassy plains and craggy hills of Dawn's Breath. A curious territory, one which seems peaceful and serene upon first glance is a varied and mysterious territory. In the easternmost part of the territory, it begins as a sparse grassland and makes way moving westward to small rolling hills and the occasional crag in the rock. A small mountain range forms a crescent moon around the westernmost part of the territory, which has small caves and underground streams that connect it to Acheron Peak and Tranquil Springs. The caves are home to many species of bats. On the east side of the small range of mountains is a grouping of thick vegetation, home to many ferns and trees. Although the range of rocky slopes are referred to as a mountain range, they are only a few feet in height in some places, reaching a maximum elevation of 20 feet.

And Skoll, we can leave your sub-territory submission for the next round :] We'll edit that in to the poll when we do!
Territory Name: Lago di Sotto
Your Name/Alias: Amber
Territory size in square miles: 102 Square Miles
Approximate location on the map: Directly south of Bonefire
Territory Description: Just beyond the caverns of Bonefire lays a land previously untouched by mother nature, a rocky stretch of limestone, much resembling it's neighbor. Nature and weather has finally taken it's toll on Lago di Sotto, wearing away at the limestone and finally causing it to crumble. One single, small opening grants entrance to a new world, which can only be accessed if one travels through the caverns of Bonefire successfully. An underground lake lies within, stretching for miles and miles beneath the limestone peaks, a rarity of nature. Lago di Sotto, unlike other lakes, is not attached to a river but rather a cumulation of rain and ice that has been gathering for thousands of years. From the surface of the water the cave rises to twenty feet, leaving plenty of room for any curious Luperci, but the area that surrounds the lake is rocky and unstable, making for a dangerous trek. Cracks and crevices in the ceiling of the cave give ample light for finding ones way, though there are certain areas that stay shrouded in darkness year round.