it is after 6 months
or
after 45 posts
or
both

CoNfUsElEd!
And would i be allowed this wolf

[Image: ColourHyena.png]

btw the colour on the paws is paint he uses his paws for brushes, same with the tip of his tail and the dots of colur on his back are where he wagged his tail and flung paint everywhere, hes a hyena!
Well if you are allowed to use him I don't think he will be a Luperci, because Hyenas are more connected to Mongoose more than they are to dogs ^^ (just so you know)
yeah hes just a normal Hynea
Here's what our rules say about second characters. Hopefully this ends your confusion regarding requirements for a second character.
Quote: 'Souls allows two characters per player by default, however, you must have had your first character on 'Souls for a minimum of 1.5 months (6 weeks) AND have made at least 45 In Character posts before introducing a second character. Returning members should start counting from the time of their most recent joining date.
Here's what our rules say about unnatural colouring.
Quote:Your character cannot have radical attributes (wings, extra limbs, unnaturally-coloured fur). Your character can have mild modified attributes (piercings, dyed fur, tattoos); however, modifications must be realistic. No naturally pink or blue wolves please.
I recommend you read this section in our guide and rethink your character's colourful appearance.

Also, realize as a hyena, your character's species is designed for a much warmer climate, so winter in Nova Scotia will be particularly harsh for him.

Edit; and yes, as Shaw pointed out, hyenas cannot have the luperci mutation. Smile
ahhh but that is not his real colouring its paint that he can wash off if he wants but he is ALWAYS covered in PAINT so he doesn't bother
and theres hyeana here at a safari park in england and their fine in the cold
and as i said i had/have not intention of him being a Luperci
If it is merely paint then this will not remain a permanent colouration with your character, and it will likely only last for a very short time. Also, it can quickly damage his fur/skin if it is a form of waterproof/permanent paint designed for another purpose than skin/hair. I'd recommend using dye for your character's fur if this is an appearance you'd like to maintain. However, such strong and vivid colours would not be possible to achieve with natural dyes, I'm afraid.

edit: in response to your modified text, I will point out one more thing. Remember that 'Souls is set in a post-apocalyptic world. It will be very hard for your character to find a large amount of paint still usable. Remember that humans disappeared many years ago, so resources from that time are generally very limited, especially items such as paint.
plz dont make me track back intop his history he found a huge safe full of human junk he was only interested in the paint yes i comes off but the he paints again and he is painted again hes not always like that thats just after he paints and he knows how to make paint

this is what he normally looks like LINK.

Kiri's Edit: Please do not post images that stretch the board. You may link them instead. You can also try cropping out the extraneous white space before saving the image to reduce its size.
Quote:he knows how to make paint
If he creates the paint himself, then I recommend for you again to look at the dye section in our roleplay guide, please. There's a list of the available colours as well if you take the time to look through it. Smile While I do not want to limit your creativity in any way, we generally try to remain realistic in most aspects of this game. Bear in mind that creating paint without an optime form is also quite hard to do.
THe problem with the paint making is that you need a source of making the paint itself, not to mention you have to think that you can't just pull a paint ball out of a tree and mash it together. the only things the ancients were able to use up until the renaissance time (even then there was a lot of imports and exports that consisted of making said paints) not to mention the methods of actually making paint would sadly be needing of a few long fingers and some thumbs. So sadly this idea is not realistic. You'd have very few colors to choose from, because dying paint... well it would just be rather uncanny since the dye comes out eventually, and you have only so many materials to make the actual paint itself..
yeah but i couldnt make the colours any paler so yea it should be lighter and 'Jed' is gonna be very fleixible and use his mouth to stir and maybr he might ask for help sometimes
Making paint is actually a very complicated process. The paint we use today involves a lot of hard-to-come by (for a wolf) materials and chemicals in order to retain its consistency and pigment. A list from one outdoor paint (which I used because your character will be exposed to the same elements) includes: water, aluminum silicate, quartz, titanium dioxide, acrylic vinyl polymer, and calcium carbonate.

To make a paint that would be safe for a character to wear would involve using limestone, milk, oil and dyes to make a paint as we know it. Because your character is not a luperci it's highly unlikely they would be able to mix and gather these things without great difficulty. Additionally, this is not permanent paint--it would wash/fall out after a few days. Even Native populations, who used paint, were limited to the colors they could find in nature, and often mixed these with clay in order to get them to stay on the skin. However, this was not permanent either, and washed off with water.

As far as finding human paint, because it does use natural ingredients it DOES go bad. Paint can "sour" because it has natural ingredients in it, and it reeks when this happens. Trust me, I worked in theatre for many years and had to throw away gallons of paint because it had gone bad.

Like it was previously mentioned, dye is probably a better and more long-term solution if you want a colorful character. However, I would also advise if this is the case you switch the species to something that can be a Luperci in order to allow them to shift. If you really want a hyena, you will probably run into some issues with them being so colorful.

Your other option would be to have the hyena make friends with a luperci who can make paint and go from there.
he will already know J'adore and its not uspposed to be permanent its paint he accidenly got on him when painting but he never bothers to wash it off and wen it is of hes painting again
While I think it's fine for the character to constantly have paint on them if they really are painting and making paint often enough that a fresh splatter will replace a previous splatter, I think it's misleading to include the splatters on a character sheet since it implies that the splatters are markings that are always there. Instead, it may be more prudent to have the character sheet depict his natural coloration and simply include in the description that he is generally covered in paint.