Character Name: Larka
Character Birthdate (including year): February 15th, 2008
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular wolf
Species: Gray Wolf
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). elysebh@hotmail.com
Currently played characters: This is my first
How you found 'Souls: Google
Initial post:

Moonlight danced through the forest branches, teasing the creatures below of impending discovery. A ghost passed a babbling creek and padded softly through the refreshing liquid. Her gait was so fluid, she seemed to float above the wooded floor beneath her heavy paws and her oceanic eyes gleamed brightly in the welcoming light.

Larka knew she was on the right trail, she could sense with every fiber of her being that there was potential haven not far away. As an owl hooted at her sudden arrival her nose and ears twitched with anticipation, her stride ever increasing. At last she halted and a worn path, the scent of well-kept territory stinging her trained nose. Checking her surroundings, she excitedly lifted her great white head to the moon and sang as beautifully as the moon sings its arrival in the evening. Eager for a reply, she waited under a low thicket for her answer.

OOC: Not sure how to post a picture from my computer...
[html]

Hi there, welcome! Smile A note on you joining form: By "species", we would like to know what kind of wolf she is, for example canis rufus (red wolf), canis lupus (general gray wolf) and so on Smile Also, I assume you've figured out how to upload an avatar (since there's one there now)? If not, or if you have any questions at all, I'm happy to help - just PM me, or ask OOCly in your next post! Smile

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The number of strangers he had encountered along the borders lately was not surprising him. Winter was creeping closer, and while there was still the whole of autumn left, he knew that summer was getting old. Soon enough, the cold would begin to replace the warmth of the sun, and every living creature would be reminded of their weaknesses, and their place in the world. In a sense it was a beautiful thing; mother nature reminding them all that they were at her mercy, but he truly dreaded the winter. Perhaps this was why he did not hesitate in opening his door for others. He walked swiftly in the direction of the stranger's call, expecting another one who would like to join their big family. Two russet legs moved with ease along old paths that they knew too well, and the ornaments in his mane danced with each step he took. It did not take long before her scent tickled in his nostrils, and soon enough he could see her. Direct, as always, the red wolf male walked up to her with his hand held up in greeting. His face was kind, but his stance made it completely clear that she now faced the authority on these lands. "I am Dawali Amara, Chief of AniWaya. You called for my attention, yes?" Some would perhaps have interpreted his choice of words as those of a servant, but there was no mistaking Dawali's posture; these words merely made up a polite wrapping to his inquiry.

[/html]
OOC: OOh ok haha, I suppose she's a grey wolf ^_^

The breeze that swam through Larka's white fur spoke of a presence coming closer. She listened intently and breathed deeply to catch the visitor's heavy scent. Finally, a large russet male padded into view, peculiar decorations waving gracefully from his fur. Her white figure burst from the thicket excitedly, blue eyes glowing rays of moonlight. She stopped suddenly and remembered her manners that her mother had taught she and her siblings when they were but chasing grasshoppers among the elders. She immediately lowered her ears and tail, and as she approached the Chief she flopped down partly on her back submissively. "I am Larka. My wish is to seek acceptance into your pack, and feel the embrace of a new family." she said, her tail twitching.
[html]

Okies; I edited it into your form so we can remember Smile Also, to upload your avatar from your computer, go to My Controls - Edit Avatar and hit the "Browse" button Smile Mind that avatars cannot be larger than 200x200 pixels, so if it doesn't work, that might be it! If the image is rectangular it will appear skewed at first; you can put in the correct pixel values in the two boxes below the browse field Smile

She greeted him in ways he had not expected, though they were not foreign to him. He'd lived too long on two feet, and thus the was no longer used to the behavior she displayed. However it was by no means inappropriate; perhaps it was himself that acted inapproprietly as his face for a moment displayed his surprise. It was quickly replaced by a kind face. "Please, stand up, Larka," he said. He was not fond of playing king and pawn, and he saw himself as no different than any other wolf. However, it was a good thing that she knew how to behave. He'd learnt that he was the one that was strange, around these parts. An Alpha demanding full submission from his packs' members was the norm around here, or so it seemed to him. "We are always looking for additions to our family. What skills can you present us with?" The Chief had always considered this an important part of being chief; to make sure that all members contributed in some way. He was lenient as to what their contribution could be, for not everyone had amazing talents, but what was important was their mindset on the matter. The answer to such a question could tell him a lot about a person.

[/html]
OOC: I made an avatar using Gimp, but when saved it's not the right format to be uploaded onto here :/

The elegant she-wolf stood up as she was told and shook the loose dirt and grit from her snowy pelt. The wolf before her displayed body language that suggested he did not care for typical iron fist obedience from his fellow wolves. Larka respected this, and was quite happy to have met a wolf with such a change in Alpha attitude. "I possess a wide range of skills, Dawali Amara. I can scent a carcass almost 2 miles away, and track prey for long periods of time. I know how to fish, which is quite a talent considering the fierce rivers around these parts and that wolves fear a death of drowning the most." she said proudly, wagging her bushy tail. Larka was quite proud of her attributes, especially the fishing one, and hoped eagerly that the chief would see her as a useful member of the pack
[html]

Ah, what format is it? Maybe you can open it again in GIMP and save as a different format? If not, you can send it to me and I'll see if I'm able to save it to a different format, if you want to Smile
Also, just as a note, for post length on this forum, we go for 2 nicely sized paragraphs, give or take 200 words, which is a bit longer than what you're posting right now. As a rule of thumb, it's generally a good idea to try and match the length of your co-poster. We're okay for now, but you should perhaps be aiming for the 200 word approximate in the next posts Smile

The female happily obliged, and Dawali was equally happy to see her do so. Some joiners were so nervous that it made him feel pretty bad; luckily, this one was not one of those. He nodded his head as she listed skills, and while some of them were not extraordinary, they were all useful, in particular her fishing ability. There were few in the tribe that preyed on fish, but Dawali had always found that fish sometimes were easier to catch as a small meal, than the odd rabbit or unlucky bird. The chief had learned many fishing techniques over the years, but never had he fished with his mouth. He had always used tools, mostly a spear or a net. Ember used that human contraption, a fishing pole she had called it, but he had not been able to master it. Curious, now, he inquired further. "I see... Tell me; how does one fish in the four-legged form?" AniWayans usually did not don it for anything other than travel, and perhaps not even then. Having never really been taught anything at all in such a form, except some vague memories from early childhood, those that primarily lived that way fascinated him.

[/html]
OOC: Oh ok! I will try to send the picture in a message ^_^ I think the format for it is .xcf

The she-wolf was delighted in the Chiefs interest in her ability and her sea blue eyes danced wildly with pup-like energy. Her skill had been a self taught one, and no one until this moment had ever recognized it as a useful talent. Her mother often scolded her as a pup when she often wandered off in search of a creek to hunt wriggling tadpoles and tiny minnows. It was all great fun and a challenge to her and denying her mothers commands had a thrill that sent her fur bristling with excitement and her longing to enhance her talent compelled her to seek out rougher waters and larger prey. "Well, once I scent where all the big fish are, I have to be quiet and wade into a shallow patch of the river. As they swim around me I hold my breath and dip my muzzle into the river and wait for a fish to swim close enough. Then bam! Fresh fish for snack time." beamed Larka, her pink tongue lolling happily from her mouth. She suddenly remembered the Chiefs comment on the way she always stood on four legs, a skill she had learned weeks after birth. Larka felt out of place now as she stood on her strong legs and large, trusted paws beneath her. As she stood she dug her claws into the soft earth and relished in the feel of her world under her, where her limbs could make her soar over plains and forests, tasting every inch of delicious, scent-filled air. She wondered how wolves that preferred to walk on two limbs were able to really feel like a true wolf. She decided to keep her maw shut for the moment, and instead smiled politely.
[html]

Sure, can try to open it; just send it to my email! Vazeline @ gmail.com (I know, it's weird Tongue)

The middle-aged male watched her as she explained with great enthusiasm, nodding as words flew out her mouth. He could imagine the scene she described, waiting patiently before striking, the tension. He imagined that it was much the same as the feeling he got when he sat atop a horse in the hunt, and all the archers had drawn their bows, but none had released yet, and they all just waited for the signal to fly. Their arms and eyes and the very air would shake in the seconds they all waited for the perfect moment to strike. Inside his mind, Dawali concluded that that was what it must feel like, and that he should perhaps give such a fishing technique a try someday. Perhaps this one would be eager to show him how she did it, too, but that was a question for another time. He smiled at her, both for her words and for the thoughts in his mind, before he nodded. "Sounds nice, if testing. No matter what way you fish, though, you will fit in among us easily, I'm sure. The Village is westwards, behind me, and I'm heading back there now." He turned halfway, pointing in the direction of the Village as he spoke. "Join me, if you want to," the chief said, smiling.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

Larka beamed and shivered with excitement. Crouching low for a split second, her powerful legs sprang and sent her flying in the direction the Chief had pointed her to; The Village, and her new home. Larka smiled to herself as new smells began to tease her senses, pushing her to lengthen her strides even more. Like a ghost she streaked across the still dark plains, her wolf heart beating proudly in her white body.

OOC:See you in the threads!